Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

But hasn't he been in a lot of movies?

Though I WOULD like to see him in a drama... even though the plot of the one in the news thing sounds kind of ehh :sweatingbullets:

Anyway! Finally say TYPHOON.. and man.. LJJ was sooo hot in it lol :lol:

I thought the movie was okay (just isn't my type of thing) but watching LJJ made it even better hah.

Especially the beginning :P

Yah, but I mean like act a movie then act a movie. He acept like 1 movie/ a year, and isn't Typhoon is his come back to the big screen in 2 or 3 year. He is not like Ha Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun or Bae Yong (in Winter Sonatar).... some how he is not BIG popular.

Lee Jung Jae is soo hot! But seeing him in person, he didn't seem THAT hot. I think that floppy hairstyle did not work for him. Did you guys read Koream? He was on the cover with Jang Dong Gun. He looks GOOD there.

I got his autograph!! Just had to share :P

b36895758.jpg

Can you believe I had to interview Jang Dong Gun and Lee Jung Jae for the movie Typhoon?!?! I still can't believe it myself. We're suppose to have clips of it up soon. :crazy:

Guest inez

So Lee Jung Jae is confirmed to be in the drama with (oh so hot!) Jo InSung N Choi JiWoo...wow..is that cool or what?!.Yeah he's not much in the drama scenes but his movies are awesome!.

Yes chrissejin..you're one lucky babe to get the honours of having a (OMG!!) face-to-face interview with the hotties of 'Typhoon'!!! :P:rolleyes:

Guest mrs.leeseunggi

yea i met lee jung jae too. hes really nice and he gave me his autograph and i took a picture with him. he was wearing a white suit w/ chucks. it was hot!

Is LJJ truly... really... absolutely confirmed to be in the drama with CJW? That is soooo cool!!! :w00t:

One wish coming true... LJJ in a drama... with JW! :lol:

They've never collaborated before, right... but the feeling of the two seems just awesome... for me. :blush:

Guest Rosepetal

Inez dear, are you sure about that news about LJJ and JIS with CJW in a drama "Cain & Abel"??....I am still waiting for someone to confirm it in starjiwoo!~~ I hope to hear something soon, but on Monday, I will be gone for my summer trip and won't be back until 7/27 and I am sure something will be confirmed by then, right? *^_^*

WOW!!~ Chrissejin, how in the world did you get that kind of rare opportunity and privilege to interview JDG & LJJ in person?

Are you a reporter or a writer for some type of magazine or newspaper?

Do you live in Korea or in the U.S. or some foreign country? Can you please post their interview here and JDG's thread as well?

I wish I was lucky as you are!! *^_^*

Guest inez

yea i met lee jung jae too. hes really nice and he gave me his autograph and i took a picture with him. he was wearing a white suit w/ chucks. it was hot!

Wow mrs.leeseunggi!!..you are so lucky too!! :)

Is LJJ truly... really... absolutely confirmed to be in the drama with CJW? That is soooo cool!!! :w00t:

One wish coming true... LJJ in a drama... with JW! :lol:

They've never collaborated before, right... but the feeling of the two seems just awesome... for me. :blush:

Likewise Rubie Lee!!..i am just excited!! ;)

Inez dear, are you sure about that news about LJJ and JIS with CJW in a drama "Cain & Abel"??....I am still waiting for someone to confirm it in starjiwoo!~~ I hope to hear something soon, but on Monday, I will be gone for my summer trip and won't be back until 7/27 and I am sure something will be confirmed by then, right? *^_^*

WOW!!~ Chrissejin, how in the world did you get that kind of rare opportunity and privilege to interview JDG & LJJ in person?

Do you live in Korea or in the U.S. or some foreign country? Can you please post their interview here and JDG's thread as well?

OMO..!! :huh: er Rose dearie....you mean not confirmed yet..?... :blush: ..gosh..but i hope this will definitely go thru'!!

Oops...I feel bad. I did post the interview in the JDG thread but not in LJJ's thread. I think because LJJ's thread wasn't moving fast...or I didn't really see it on the first page.

But I'll copy and paste what I wrote (http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=411&st=4980). It's from when they came for the premiere of Typhoon in Los Angeles. Also, I am not a reporter or writer of any magazine or paper. I'll mostly share LJJ's answers:

Some CRAZY news.

My friend told me that I can come with him to watch the Typhoon Press Conference (like help with the video footage or photo)...Okay, turns out he needed ME to INTERVIEW THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like WHAT? I have to ask THEM questions? He called me 2 hours before, and I had to hurry and get ready and made sure that I translated his questions correctly. They were all silly and fun questions.

This wasn't like the usual press conference where everyone is all in one room and asks questions, every group got personal time with them, so I had 15 minutes with them all to myself! (Well I was sharing time with this Chinese reporter).

We were suppose to go in one room, but the lady switched us to another room, so I didn't expect anyone to be in there (or well for THEM to be in there). I go in...and I don't really recognize anyone until I realized the guy sitting at the table was LEE JUNG JAE! I think I didn't recognize him cause of his long curly hair. And JDG was outside getting some fresh air. Then they got ready with their make up and hair and we were ready to go.

We got to talk to them a little about the show I help put on with my friend.

I asked "So what do you think of LA women?" and they both say that they haven't had a chance to see any yet!

I asked them "Where do you want to go in LA?" and LJJ goes "Universal Studios!"

I asked who his favorite American actors were and LJJ answered "Jeremy Irons and Johnny Depp" and I go "Oh! You kind of look like Johnny Depp" (but I think I said that cause of his attire) but he pointed to JDG and said that JDG looks more like Johnny Depp.

I asked him what 3 things he looks for in the opposite sex, and he answered something something and healthy. So I asked him "Hmm how about, does she have to be tall?" and he said nope!

LJJ would go "You're questions are so hard!!" I was like...what the! They are so easy! Very simple questions!

Picture during the press conference. The Chinese interviewer asked them something, and the answer was something really funny. Too bad I couldn't make them laugh!!

b36899729.jpg

They speak English fairly well. I asked them to say a little something in English to their fans, and they gladly did it. :)

The End.

I still can't believe I talked WITH THEM. And they would look at me straight in the eye. I almost melted a couple of times, but I kept my cool. It was really comfortable. (THANK GOODNESS!)

All I can say is...WOW! :w00t:

I just realized something...FREAK! My friend recently lost his camcorder.......oh freak. I hope the video with the interview isn't in there!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I need to watch it to rewrite this interview because I really couldn't hear what they were saying. :tears:

Aw... thanks chrissejin for sharing this awesome recap meeting & interviewing LJJ! Really appreciate the sharing, excellent update ... an upclose & real encounter. :blush: Totally loving his answers to the questions... quite someone with the sense of humour and very easy to approach. :lol:

Echoing your thoughts! WOW! :w00t:

Definitely a hotman!! Maybe he gets the hang of 'Pirate Sin' hairdo??.. :P

He's keeping his hair long for a reason maybe?. ;)

Thanks for the man-in-red pic! :)

Err.. :unsure: .. about LJJ's hair... no comment! :sweatingbullets: :blush:

--------------------------------

July 11, 2006

Guns blazing, in a Korean sort of way

July 12, 2006 ㅡ Artistic Korean films have been increasingly successful overseas. Park Chan-wook and Im Kwon-taek are well known in film circles in the West, and their films also perform reasonably well at home. Korean comedies and horror films also do very well at the domestic box office. But there's one place Korean filmmakers have as yet not conquered. From "Thunderball" to "Terminator," big-budget action is still Hollywood's home turf. High-octane summer action is what cinematic America does best, and with scant exceptions ("Swiri") this is still the case.

So a film like "Typhoon," a straightforward spy flick, has an uphill battle to get itself taken seriously. But this is a surprising and rare effort, with no expense spared on such diversions as a high-speed car chase through the streets of Busan, a few jungle shootouts, a thrilling seabound climax and more. Unfortunately, it's also got the plot holes and utterly unbelievable villanous schemes of the typical Western spy flick ― but if you can suspend disbelief for a Bond film, you'll make it through "Typhoon" just fine. A particularly Korean twist has helped "Typhoon" make waves in the United States, with positive reviews in major newspapers, including The New York Times and Chicago Tribune.

As the film opens, a dastardly North Korean and his gang of Vietnamese thugs has stolen a set of targeting components for nuclear weapons. Though told to leave it to the Americans, the South Korean intelligence agency dispatches a former Navy SEAL, Kang Se-jong (Lee Jeong-jae), to Vietnam to recover the devices and unmask the man behind the heist.

This turns out to be Sin, a.k.a. Choi Myeong-sin (Jang Dong-gun), whose dreams of a fiery apocalypse derive from being denied asylum and orphaned at the North Korean border while Chinese soldiers attempted to repatriate him with his parents and sister. This sister is still alive, and when Kang tries to use her as a bargaining chip he learns the responsibility his country bears for their suffering. But any hope of a happy ending for Sin dissolves when the full scope of his plot becomes clear.

For all its wonderful explosions, "Typhoon" also handles its drama fairly well ― the flashbacks to the hopeful lives of Sin and his sister at the Austrian Embassy, and the subsequent dashing of those hopes, are artfully filmed and effectively acted despite the children's young ages.

Some foreigners may cringe at the film's pro-unification "blood over borders" sentiments, but compared to other recent abominations, "Typhoon" is downright sophisticated. Kang acknowledges that he understands Sin's suffering, and he often disagrees with his countrymen's methods ― but there is never any question of his allegiance, and he never wavers in trying to bring Sin to justice. It won't please everyone, but it's a relatively moderate point of view.

It's not a seminal work of cinema. But in "Typhoon," friends out to find a good popcorn-crunching rental for a hot, muggy Seoul summer night have a Korean alternative to "Mission: Impossible III." And that's enough.

by Ben Applegate <ben@joongang.co.kr>

Source: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200607/11/2...0091009101.html