March 21, 2008

Lee Jeong-jae & Jeong Ryeo-won, Lovers in "Mellows"

200803211qn1.jpg

Lee Jeong-jae and Jeong Ryeo-won will be acting as lovers on the screen.

They confirmed to star in the movie "Mellows", which will start filming late April, and are now working on the details.

"Mellows" is a melodrama portraying the love between an insurance inspector whose wife committed suicide and a blind woman who had been in a coma for a year. "Mellows" has drawn great interest, as it is a new movie by Director Song Hae-seong, who also produced "Failan" and "Our Happy Time".

Because it is a love with someone in a coma, it will contain a feeling of fantasy as it goes back and forth from fantasy to reality.

There is great interest to see the on-screen chemistry between Lee Jeong-jae, who is coming back to the screen after a long break after "Riot in a Bar in 1724", and Jeong Ryeo-won, whose first movie was 2 Faces of My Girlfriend".

Original article at news.naver.com

English translation by www.hancinema.net

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

August 2, 2016 Onwards and upwards for Lee Jung-jae: Panning of his Korean War film can’t stop star actor from feeling good Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily Lee Jung-jae,

August 25, 2016 Yeo Jin-goo, Lee Jung-jae cast as prince, army leader in upcoming period flick Actors Yeo Jin-goo and Lee Jung-jae (Fox International Productions) Actors Yeo Jin-goo

July 26, 2016 [V Report Plus] Meet ‘Operation Chromite’ actor Lee Jung-jae Naver V app V Movie uploaded a candid interview with “Operation Chromite” actor Lee Jung-jae on the V app o

Guest kdramafanusa

Yesss!.. a melodrama. That's awesome.. and 'Melrose' sounds romantic. :wub:

Sorry Rubie & all, I got the name wrong. It should be called Melos, actress Kim Ah-joong was tied to this project several months ago.

from Dramabeans

Kim Ah Joong as a blind human vegetable

December 18th, 2007 // by javabeans

In more casting news, actor Kim Ah Joong has finally decided upon her first project after she skyrocketed to fame after her 2006 film 200 Pound Beauty became a sleeper hit. She’s in early planning stages to appear in director Song Hae Sung’s upcoming fantasy film Melos (meaning “song” in Greek), produced by Crayon Pictures and DRM Entertainment. The director’s former projects include Our Happy Time and Failan.

In the year following her rise to stardom, Kim Ah Joong’s become one of the most sought-after new actresses, and rumors flew that she’d been approached to appear in Oldboy director Park Chan Wook’s next film Bat, Choi Ho’s Go Go 70, and others, but those projects did not materialize.

About Melos:

[Melos is a different kind of melodrama that depicts the love between an insurance agent whose wife committed suicide and a visually handicapped woman who’s spent one year in a vegetative state. Communicating via the two characters’ fantasies, they develop a mutual sympathy and understanding. Kim Ah Joong displays deep, sensitive acting as the prickly, visually handicapped character in her first melodramatic role since her acting debut. Top male stars are currently being considered for the lead role opposite Kim, and the film plans to start shooting sometime from late January 2008 to early February. The fantasy elements will require much post-production special-effects and CG work, and the film will release around Chuseok time.]

The role sounds like… um… kind of a drastic shift, doesn’t it? Well, give the girl props for not trying to “ease into” her next role after playing a character who wasn’t too much of a stretch in 200 Pound Beauty. Don’t get me wrong, she was good in 200 Pound Beauty — sweet and likable, which is key for a light-hearted romantic movie like that. But I’m interested to see how that translates in playing a damaged and difficult personality in the new project.

Via Sports Khan

Sorry Rubie & all, I got the name wrong. It should be called Melos, actress Kim Ah-joong was tied to this project several months ago.

Hi.. no problem at all. It's understandable that we wouldn't get the exact gist the first time but I'm grateful at anything shared.. we'll just improvise and edit everything as we go along.. huh. Hugs!

I think I've actually read about the piece at dramabeans in a glance but it never quite register.. obviously.. :blush:

Whether it's Melrose or Melos or Mellows.. I know I'm looking forward to the movie already. LJJ works better on the bigger screen.. and with JRW in a romantic-tearjerker-melo flick.. I can't ask for more. :blush:

Guest kdramafanusa

I know I'm looking forward to the movie already. LJJ works better on the bigger screen.. and with JRW in a romantic-tearkerker-melo flick.. I can't ask for more. :blush:

I love director Song Hae Sung’s previous movies Failan & Our Happy Time (Maundy Thursday). Plus, LJJ in melodrama is definitely worth waiting for. JRW's linked to some of the projects I'm interested in seeing, but .....

Guest ripgal

WOW.. Lee Jung Jae's coming back to the big screen with 2 new movies..

I'm already anticipating the comedy sageuk with Kim Ok Bin..

And now a new drama with JRW? Cool~~

I absolutely loved the Director's previous movie Maundy Thursday.. it was one of the deepest and emotional movies I've seen..

I think with LJJ, the movie will work..

(I loved most of LJJ's movies...:P)

Hi girls ^_^

thanks for all the news, and wow.. another movie, eh? hehee... when will he be back on TV again, I wonder..

but yeah, he seems to really like to do movie... lol..

can't wait to see both w/ KOB and JRW~~

I was watching Hyena ep 8, and found out that they used LJJ's Il Mare as one of its shooting location hahaha..

you can imagine how thrilled and happy I was :lol:

Here are some caps of Il Mare Cafe & Pastry :)

hyenae08tvnkor061102catss5.jpg

hyenae08tvnkor061102catak8.jpg

hyenae08tvnkor061102catxp3.jpg

hyenae08tvnkor061102catme8.jpg

hyenae08tvnkor061102catmt5.jpg

Doesn't it look like a cozy place to be?

Quite romantic too...w/ the lighting and setting..hehe

Guest White Star

this...and BYJ restuarant is definitly on my list of place to visit whe i goes to Korea for study abroad.

lovely resturant.thanks ay link for the pic

+WS+

I'm curious about something. Hope some one could clarifies! I talent company is LJJ under? Phantom or yetang(?) talent company?

LJJ was previously with Fantom Entertainment between 2005-2007, before that he was with Player Entertainment (just like LBH). Most of them did not renew their contract with Fantom Ent in 2007 due to various reasons. LJJ finally signed on with Yedang Entertainment late last year.

The news of Lee Jung Jae signing on with Yedang on Nov 13, 2007

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=7618284

LJJ was previously with Fantom Entertainment between 2005-2007, before that he was with Player Entertainment (just like LBH). Most of them did not renew their contract with Fantom Ent in 2007 due to various reasons. LJJ finally signed on with Yedang Entertainment late last year.

The news of Lee Jung Jae signing on with Yedang on Nov 13, 2007

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?act...amp;pid=7618284

Thanks rubie, i didn't remember the post before....hi hi :sweatingbullets: Yetang has some popular actors, Han ji hye, kim ha Neu, Hwang ji min. Hope its a good company.

• 3 weeks later...

where can i read interviews of lee jung-jae in english? or articles about him?

he's HOT, though not really handsome in the conventional way.

have become a big fan of his after watching air city and il mare. i even rented typhoon just to watch him, but i think JDG has the meatier role. LJJ is hot though.

i suspect i watch air city, just to watch him... :rolleyes:

..... guilty as charged.

but just a bit curious here... in arirang showbiz extra when they interviewed them i noticed her had make-up- foundation, eyeliner, lipstick on. is this the norm for korean actors?

^ Hi pearyberry, welcome to soompi & to Lee Jung Jae thread especially. Very happy to see you here. Totally agree that LJJ is just so awesome, really a versatile actor if we watch all or most of his work.

We don't really have that many articles or interviews of LJJ in English but we will definitely share any related articles in him.

but just a bit curious here... in arirang showbiz extra when they interviewed them i noticed her had make-up- foundation, eyeliner, lipstick on. is this the norm for korean actors?

I'm not sure if the arirang clip that you've seen is a recent or a previous clip of LJJ. Sometimes actors were interview between shooting. It might be during one of his scenes from a movie. I've no idea if this is the case but LJJ did wear lots of make-up for his role as a performing tv comedian in the movie 'Last Present' with Lee Young Ae.

Anyway, keep on sharing your thoughts and comments about LJJ with us, we'd love to hear them. :)

hi rubie

hmmm....... i think it was the arirang special for AIRCITY with choi jiwoo, lee jin wook and moon jung-hee , for the premiere. i was admiring him before realising that he actually had foundation, some eyeliner and lipgloss. perhaps it's for the cameras?

perhaps he's a metrosexual, as he is usually quite well-groomed, and tries to be different in his attention to the details of his outfit.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Jung Jae 이정재 - [Movie: Deliver Us From Evil]
  • Helena changed the title to Lee Jung-Jae 이정재