Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

hi everyone!

hope you guys are enjoying Air City.

Thanks mangoicy for the pictures. It's funny, though, (at least to me) when I see pictures of celebs that I like/love with their girlfriends it tends to be a turn off, but looking at the pictures with him and min hee ( i think that's her name), it makes me like LJJ even more. The pictures show a softer, warm-hearted side of him that you don't get to see in Air City (well now we're seeing more smiles, but before in earlier Air City episodes not so much).

anyways, thanks for the pictures everyone!

Hi parkc, welcome! I agree with you about the ex-couple pics (thanks mangoicy for capping them for us, so many lovely ones :blush: )... despite the breakup, it's good & heartwarming to see that they've had a really good time together... going out and being a couple. Too bad that it didn't last but a consolation (for the fans, maybe) that LJJ-KMH were never restricted from being 'together' while they're dating. At least they treasure their moments doing and going places. Indeed it showed them as the caring and happy boyfriend-girlfriend type. Wishing both of them happiness, what happened, happens and things can always be better.

ripgal & Shenny... you girls rock the thread! :w00t: The LJJ PhotoDocumentary clip & subs! Awesome sharing! :wub:

Totally loving this thread... cool!

Guest cmy_185

heartshapelove : hey, sorry to hear that u got the wrong dvd! but u know what , i enjoyed watching over the rainbow(drama) too! something diff, looking behind the scenes of the k-entertainment world, the hardwork/sacrifice of wannabe singer/dancer in pursuit of stardom!

hehe my cb & comp have not taken a rest for awhile..forever queing something to dl!

hahaha. thanks to GOM player, i watched the "good" parts even while it was downloading.hahaha.

jo: nah i'm definitely not an expert! just studying on my own now as ive stopped going for classes. so when will u be back in Msia? i

ooh the LJJ documentary..you subbed it rite?? thanks so much! but i have a problem with MU..it says i have to wait another 148 days to dl!?!?i don't even use MU..i think my sis has been dl too much and used up too much bandwidth darn i really want to see it... can u guys pls upload to another place? i'd really appreciate it.. clubbox/yousendit would be great

haha.."the affair" is half done? i already took a sneak peek, and it's really gooood...haha

and thanks for the pics!!! super good quality too. i especially like the pic showing his sideprofile in the dorky glasses. nice smile! haha it's Jun 2007 but i'm using that Jan05 calendar as my desktop bg now

Rxgoodleaf : hey! i remember you from KSW thread , glad to see u here!i never really liked traditionally good looking/pretty boys type( except for Lee Dong Wook!), but more attracted to the guynextdoor type ^^

rubie : wow that fan-art is really cool. he looks so much more rugged and hot.. and yeah, nice long fingers! and nice body too..lol. tall, lean and muscular, but not too big.hehe.

mangoicy: thanks so much for the pics!i went thru everyone of them.haha. i've only seen one or two pics of them together. felt a little jealous lol, but like what parkc said, the pictures showed the real life, warm-hearted, softer side of him .. seeing how close/happy they were, doing normal gf/bf stuff, the breakup must have been so tough..sad..but u'll meet someone better(me!) haha, jk, but i really wish him well with whoever it is.

to LJJ, fate will bring you and your other half together...haengbokhaseyo..

Guest ripgal

I love hanging out here already! So many goodies from all of ya.. :D

rubie, thank you for the goodies again. I hope you enjoyed the documentary.

mangoicy, thank you so much for the LJJ-KMH pics. I actually felt the same way as parkc when I saw their couple pics. I actually thought they looked awesome together. And I love how their shots came out so natural...Love all their intimate shots because they look really in love..and I'm a sucker for romantic stuff. XD Looking at their pics kinda made me feel bad for both of them tho, because I could actually feel that they're so much in love..

shenny, so you've finally finished editting the subs? WOAH..that's super fast! I hope you (and all others) understood what I'd translated because you know my grammar and vocab sucks. Tried my best tho.. ^_^

mei yee: Yeap I will be going back to Msia soon. And I'm going to search up and down for all LJJ stuff at Kota Raya. hehehe...I hope I get something.. at least Sandglass. hehehe... I can help you upload the the documentary and subs..but I don't have them with me yet. So ya'll have to wait for a few days or so.. or mayb Shenny can help out a bit.

---

Alright, back to LJJ..I managed to watch Typhoon last night. It's my first ever movie with him..hehe..I think I'll watch his movies in descending order..hehehe..

I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but I didn't find Typhoon that great as expected. If it weren't for LJJ, I wouldn't have finished the movie. Or in other words, if LJJ wasn't in the movie I would have dismissed the movie as an alright movie only. I wasn't deterred by the acting or anything.. LJJ was just impressive, you can never go wrong with LJJ. JDG was equally convincing as the brutal bloodshot pirate..so was his sister (Lee Mi Yeon or something right?). It's just that I felt that the storyline was lacking in some way..I didn't feel the connection between Sin and Kang Sae Jong as I'd expected.. 2 ppl from 2 different worlds connecting to each other with a invisible bridge within themselves, I didn't feel that connection. Or maybe I was just too engrossed in drooling over LJJ's hotness that I totally forsaked the movie..hahaha..

Seriously, I LOVE LJJ here. He looked amazingly handsome in the navy suit.. and if you've seen the documentary the director commented that LJJ had the best side profile angles.. and I concur.. you can't imagine how many freakin times I screamed (quietly inside my heart) when he appeared on screen..He's just sooo handsome. And acting, I don't even have to say anything. You guys know it all....

Alright, I think I babbled a bit too much.. Some caps I made from typhoon.. my fav shots of him inside..

Obviously they're a lot, but I tried to cut down.:sweatingbullets:

5b17ab1164.jpg

befa0bbb63.jpg

a687eb2c5d.jpg

cf1d9987d1.jpg

6bcc0aa546.jpg

5a465ec661.jpg

4ce50e3e58.jpg

I like this one...

a5da945741.jpg

56496b438c.jpg

509d2e0f8c.jpg

53f60d897c.jpg

575639f3f8.jpg

e5a6334726.jpg

a7da445e42.jpg

My fav shot..his smile..:wub:

61713e4531.jpg

Quite a lot of side angles of his eh..hehehe..

Sorry for the LOOOONG post..:P

Uhh.. actually I still have not seen Typhoon *hides*.. hearing all its blockbuster defeats kinda scares me away but will watch it for LJJ, will do.. will do. :blush: Can't fight temptation coming from ripgal's screencaps. :P

Stephen Hunter of the Washington Post however, can't stop drooling about LJJ-ssi in the movie. Girls, we have a rival now! :lol:

Washington Post Hails Movie 'Typhoon'

Saturday, June 3, 2006 14:14:56

http://english.kbs.co.kr/DATA/20060603/2006060306_big.jpg

A Washington Post film critic has hailed the South Korean movie "Typhoon" as very Korean as well as universal.

In the daily's Saturday edition, Stephen Hunter said the movie deals with loss, pain and a sense of insignificance shared by Koreans but is vivid enough to have a universal appeal.

He compared the two lead actors Jang Dong-gun and Lee Jung-jae to Bruce Willis following Sean Penn.

On Lee's donning of a white naval uniform in the movie, Hunter said his gorgeous look will make people want to become a cadet.

Source: http://english.kbs.co.kr/news/newsview_sub...;key=2006060306

2006-06-07

Korean film Typhoon has vivid universal appeal

http://www.koreacontent.org/files/news/ind...9636_ksip01.jpg

The Korean film, Typhoon, has been hailed by Stephen Hunter (60), one of the most renowned film critics in the USA, as "very Korean as well as universal."

Mr. Hunter is a well-respected Washington Post film critic. He received a Pulitzer Prize in 2003.

In his Washington Post review of Typhoon on June 2, he evaluated that the movie deals with loss, pain, and a sense of insignificance shared by Koreans, but the film is vivid enough to have a universal appeal.

"A few others have compared this to a James Bond movie, but it's more of a piece with a Tom Clancy movie; it never leaves the real world that far behind, it has a fair sense of documentary reality," Hunter said.

In addition, Hunter said that, as opposed to Shira, another Korean action film raring for international success, Typhoon does not give in to Hong Kong's gangster stylistics and acrobatic - almost "circusy" -action sequences, mentioning that the film has all the shooting and the dying that take place, more or less, in a recognizable natural world governed by physics and science.

He compared the roles and appearances of Jang, Dong-kun and Lee, Jung-jae, who play two main protagonists in the film, to those of "Bruce Willis in pursuit of Sean Penn." He went on saying, "Lee, Jung-jae looks so good in his naval whites he makes you want to go to Annapolis (US Naval Academy)."

A native of Kansas City, MI, Hunter is acclaimed for his sharp, and sometimes notorious, criticism on films-he often disregards films that he believes of low-quality right away, with ruthless one-liners such as, "This 99-minute film feels like 99 years," or "Do not take this kind of film seriously."

http://www.koreacontent.org/weben/inmarket...?news_seq=28849

Hmm... wonder what happened there... with him looking at the sky like that.. :unsure:

someone took off on a plane?

DG? MW?

:huh:

some caps from ep 10...

love his expressions here... such a "sculpted" handsome gorgeous face! :wub: heheheh

aircitye10samplerheaaviyz0.jpg

aircitye10samplerheaavitb7.jpg

aircitye10samplerheaavitn7.jpg

aircitye10samplerheaavixv6.jpg

see how his eyes move? ^^

{edited:}

Here's the PhotoDocumentary subs (SS link):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6r8pdw

이정재, 생생 눈빛 연기에 男팬 급증

[스타뉴스 2007-06-18 11:57:25]

2007061811182333615_1.jpg

[머니투데이 스타뉴스 김수진 기자]

배우 이정재가 진가를 발휘하고 있다.

방송중인 MBC 특별기획 주말극 '에어시티'(극본 이선희 외ㆍ연출 임태우)에 출연중인 이정재는 국정원 요원으로 등장, 살아있는 눈빛연기로 눈길을 끌고 있다.

더욱이 국정원 요원으로 인천국제공항과 관련해 발생하는 사고를 처리하는 이정재의 모습은 실제 국정원 직원을 방불케 하는 모습이라는 찬사를 이끌어 내며 기존 여성팬은 물론 남성팬들에게까지 인기를 모으고 있다.

지난 17일 방송분에서는 세계적인 달러 위조지폐범을 쫓는 연기로 내공있는 액션 연기를 선보인 이후 시청자 게시판에는 "이정재의 새로운 발견이다. 정말 눈빛이 살아 있다"는 남성 시청자들의 칭찬의 글이 대거 등장하고 있다.

이정재는 최근 스타뉴스와의 인터뷰에서 "그렇게 평가해주시면 감사할 따름"이라며 "전작인 영화 '태풍'과 이미지가 중복되는 게 아닌가해서 걱정했었는데 반응이 좋다니 기분좋다"고 말했다.

'에어시티'는 현재 빠른 스토리 전개를 비롯해 최지우와 이정재의 러브라인의 형성, 공항을 중심으로 벌어지는 대형 스케일의 액션 장면 등으로 여성 시청자는 물론 남성 시청자에까지 시청층을 넓히고 있다.

모바일로 보는 스타뉴스 "342 누르고 NATE/magicⓝ/ez-i"

skyaromy@mtstarnews.com

머니투데이가 만드는 리얼타임 연예뉴스,

제보 및 보도자료 star@mtstarnews.com<저작권자 ⓒ 머니투데이 스타뉴스>

Source: http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_tn/20070...A4%C0%E7+%7B%7D

Guest ripgal

I wonder what's the news article about..:unsure:

I found some pics of LJJ attending Kim Seung Woo and Kim Nam Joo's wedding... might be posted before..^_^

153351_01.jpg

153353_01.jpg

credits: naver/ baidu

-----

Notice his shirt inside his coat? Most of the ppl wore white/black..but he wore a dark green shirt. That's what I call one who can look good in any style..

A website I found on LJJ's movie biography

http://www.movist.com/movies/movie.asp?mid=33366

Guest cmy_185

thanks for the screen caps! ep 9 was cute, but no smiles from him in ep 10! back to kicking richard simmons again and why does he look so sad at the runway?? did SMW leave the country?

i tried to translate the article ruby posted.. it was quite hard..sorry, a lot of weird,direct translation again using dictionary, the ones in brackets, i'm not sure of the sentence structure, so i could have misinterpreted it..!but i hope i got the gist of it correct

이정재, 생생 눈빛 연기에 男팬 급증

Lee Jung Jae, sudden increase in male fans for his vivid eye acting

배우 이정재가 진가를 발휘하고 있다.

Actor Lee Jung Jae is showing his worth

방송중인 MBC 특별기획 주말극 '에어시티'(극본 이선희 외ㆍ연출 임태우)에 출연중인 이정재는 국정원 요원으로 등장, 살아있는 눈빛연기로 눈길을 끌고 있다.

In MBC special weekend Drama Air City, Lee Jung Jae's performance as National Intelligence agent, living "eye-acting" is attracting attention.

더욱이 국정원 요원으로 인천국제공항과 관련해 발생하는 사고를 처리하는 이정재의 모습은 실제 국정원 직원을 방불케 하는 모습이라는 찬사를 이끌어 내며 기존 여성팬은 물론 남성팬들에게까지 인기를 모으고 있다.

moreover, being praised for his role as a National Intelligence Service agent within Incheon Airport handling unexpected incidents, simliar to the actual National Intelligence agent, [naturally he is attracting attention from existing female fans from male fans].

지난 17일 방송분에서는 세계적인 달러 위조지폐범을 쫓는 연기로 내공있는 액션 연기를 선보인 이후 시청자 게시판에는 "이정재의 새로운 발견이다. 정말 눈빛이 살아 있다"는 남성 시청자들의 칭찬의 글이 대거 등장하고 있다.

[in the past 17 days , after his action-packed performance involving worldwide dollar counterfeit crime was shown], male viewers praised Lee Jung Jae in the bulletin board and wrote " Lee Jung Jae's new revelation. His eye expression is truly alive!

이정재는 최근 스타뉴스와의 인터뷰에서 "그렇게 평가해주시면 감사할 따름"이라며 "전작인 영화 '태풍'과 이미지가 중복되는 게 아닌가해서 걱정했었는데 반응이 좋다니 기분좋다"고 말했다.

Lee Jung Jae in Starnews interview said " thank you for giving me such appraisal" , and said that he was worried as his role overlaps with his Agent image in Typhoon, but with the good reaction from fans, he feels great

'에어시티'는 현재 빠른 스토리 전개를 비롯해 최지우와 이정재의 러브라인의 형성, 공항을 중심으로 벌어지는 대형 스케일의 액션 장면 등으로 여성 시청자는 물론 남성 시청자에까지 시청층을 넓히고 있다.

Presently in Air City, as development of choi ji woo and lee jung jae loveline is starting, while drifting away from large scale airport action scenes,[naturally viewers will be broadening to female fans over male fans].

^ Great gist, cmy! I think it's definitely conveying the real deal about LJJ's acting... indeed, his eyes... capturing attention of more who'd appreciate his talent. Thanks so much for the awesome sharing, it's really wonderful to be able to finally understand some of the articles about incredible actors like LJJ.

The photos of LJJ at the wedding are really cool, too. Never seen them before... the man has got style! :blush:

Guest Abdul

I wonder what's the news article about..:unsure:

I found some pics of LJJ attending Kim Seung Woo and Kim Nam Joo's wedding... might be posted before..^_^

153351_01.jpg

153353_01.jpg

credits: naver/ baidu

-----

Notice his shirt inside his coat? Most of the ppl wore white/black..but he wore a dark green shirt. That's what I call one who can look good in any style..

A website I found on LJJ's movie biography

http://www.movist.com/movies/movie.asp?mid=33366

I remember seeing this wedding pictures. If I am not mistaken Ji Woo also attended this wedding as she was with Kim Seung Woo in 'Mr. Duke' and she caught the bridal bouquet. How interesting!

Guest ripgal

thanks for the screen caps! ep 9 was cute, but no smiles from him in ep 10! back to kicking richard simmons again and why does he look so sad at the runway?? did SMW leave the country?

i tried to translate the article ruby posted.. it was quite hard..sorry, a lot of weird,direct translation again using dictionary, the ones in brackets, i'm not sure of the sentence structure, so i could have misinterpreted it..!but i hope i got the gist of it correct

Lee Jung Jae, sudden increase in male fans for his vivid eye acting

mei yee chinggu, komawo for the translations. Don't worry, your translations were fine. And I appreciate your effort in helping us translate the whole thing. :D

Totally agree with the vivid eye acting part.. Quoting rubie, LJJ's eyes can hide a thousands secrets but are capable of telling volumes without him having to utter a single word. And it's really funny how his male fans are increasing because of this...:lol: We sure have competition girls! :P

About that scene in Ep 10, nobody left the country. I also don't know why that scene was there..hahaha.. Maybe he was again thinking about all his relationships and stuff..because originally he had intended to leave the airport and suddenly he changed his decision and decided to stay. Maybe, there then he'd already decided to let go of his past and venture forward? :unsure: I duno too..

And oh, I caught a bit of An Affair off crunchyroll..and I was literally shocked.. LJJ doing all those XXX scenes. HAHAH.. it's really not for the faint hearted.. :ph34r:

Guest ripgal

Guys, I've seen Over The Rainbow! Altho it's a predictable movie, it's really cute and sweet. LJJ was soooo adorable inside.. I wish I could have a weatherman as my BF now, make a rainbow for me after the rain. :wub: awww....

de62b70fb3.jpg

The weatherman Lee Jin Soo..

Guest cmy_185

^ hey i really enjoyed watching Over The Rainbow, seeing my 2 fave moviestars together, Jang Jin Young and dorky Lee Jung Jae!! they are both so cute together.. :blush:

I like how they seamlessly go back and forth between his college days, slowly revealing the mysterious person he was in love with..Jin Soo in college was so dorky! Mr. Major : Meteorology, 2nd choice! at one point in my childhood, i wanted to study meteorology and read the weather forecast too haha. felt all warm and fuzzy at the ending when he came back with the flowers.. just wish they had one big warm hug and kiss,that would have been perfect!

Guest ripgal

^ hahaha..Jin Soo was sooo sweet you bet. I loved his character..and when he smiled, gosh, I could have died! XD

Crunchyroll is sure an aid when I need more of LJJ...they seem to have a lot of his movies uploaded there. The last time I checked there was OTR, An Affair and Il Mare uploaded with english subs.. Too bad they removed Sandglass..cos I'm dying to watch it now.

Btw chinggu, you said you watched City of the Rising Sun right? Do you have the English subs for that? Cos I checked krfans' CB and there was no Eng subs file. And seeing that you saw it and loved it, I wana watch it too! :w00t: Now that I've got Typhoon and Over The Rainbow done, my next would be Oh Brothers!! Thank God my friend was willing to download the movie for me.. I'm psyched! :w00t:

And oh yea, you should totally watch Feelings mei yee. It's LJJ's first debut drama and he was sooo young then. It's really a very nice and heartwarming drama.. and you can see more of LJJ's adorkable and cute smiles..:wub: Check my siggy for the link. Thank you to our javabeans, she took so much time to search for this drama and decided to sub it on her own. I've seen up till Ep 4 with subs and it's seriously hilarious altho it's soooo old..:lol:

Guest alittlebitofjulie

hi, i've been quietly visiting this thread almost everyday to get of my daily dose of LJJ :) and what i'm most pleasantly surprised is to find out, from what i read, that a number of you guys are from m'sia.. that's making me pretty excited to know that! i'm also looking for his older movies and dramas (plan to watch all, having done Typhoon and Il Mare and loving them), really love his acting prowess, and reading all the posts abt how good he was in his previous dramas and movies makes me even more determined to do so.. any recommendationd or advice on where i can get them? i don't read chinese, unfortunately.. and someone did mention Kota Raya, which part of Kota Raya? am really glad i found this thread, all your delicious pics and quirky comments make my day! ^_^

Guest ripgal

Hi there fellow Malaysian mate! :D Welcome to the thread. Like you, I'm also a new fan of LJJ. I caught him off Air City and was totally mesmerised by his acting power. Totally a cut above the rest of the actors I've seen and very professional and dedicated.. now I'm already a hard core fan of him.

Oh about the CD shop in Kota Raya. It's inside a mall called S&M just opposite Petaling Street. They sell a lot of Korean dramas and movies and the prices are quite reasonable. I'm not sure if they have all of LJJ movies/dramas. But I'm pretty sure you can get Il Mare, Typhoon and Sandglass there. I hope they still have Sandglass tho. Cos the last time I went they were selling it...but it's such an old drama I'm not sure if they still have it. :(

If you have a speedy internet line, you can try watching some of his movies @ crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com

I just got done with Il Mare and Over The Rainbow at this site. It's a streaming site with English subs. So you don't have to worry about not understanding a thing..

OR you can also try clubbox. It's really really very easy downloading from Clubbox esp if you have a speedy internet line. You can check out the Clubbox tutorial at the resources thread and here's the CB link to all of LJJ's works. Most of his dramas and movies are uploaded in this clubbox.

http://clubbox.co.kr/krfans

They're in chinese. But if you need help, you can PM me. ^_^