Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

Actress Choi Ji-woo, popular in Japan where she is affectionately called "Ji-woo Hime," (Princess Ji-woo), is coming back to her Korean fans.

She will play a heroine, "Han Do-kyong," an aspiring executive at an airport corporation who speaks five foreign languages. The heroine suffers a trauma involving her family.

Actor Lee Jung-jae is a strong candidate to be Choi's counterpart, according to HB Entertainment. Shooting will begin early this year and will be broadcast on weekends on MBC in May and June.

NO!!!!!!! :crazy: Choi Ji Woo can't act for toffee! I'm so tired of her weepy roles/face.

For goodness' sake, can't they find someone else to act with LJJ? Or have LJJ accept another project???

NO!!!!!!! :crazy: Choi Ji Woo can't act for toffee! I'm so tired of her weepy roles/face.

For goodness' sake, can't they find someone else to act with LJJ? Or have LJJ accept another project???

Ohh... Jun... I read CJW is also tired of her weepy roles and I believe (hope I'm not wrong) this role will show less sad face even if her character came with an emotional baggage... no pun intended. :sweatingbullets: The executive-heroin role looks like a very dynamic character... someone's always on the go, like 24/7 having to manage an international airport facility.

Whatever we feel about it, at first mention... we can already visual that CJW and LJJ are very compatible in terms of height and age, both can be expected to appear gorgeous/charismatic when dressed in formals. :blush:

However, there's still so much to be confirmed before anything else. LJJ's side has yet to really confirm the offer even though he was the first one chosen, months before. CJW's side is said to be at the last stage of negotiating as well.

Of course, the storyline, acting performance & on-screen chemistry are what audiences yearn to see... hopefully expectation plus the anticipation will be rewarded with satisfaction but we just don't know yet. :unsure: If both are really confirmed to work together... let's just hope their stars will really shine through proving all of us wrong.

I guess... I just miss LJJ.... like... a lot.

Have a great 2007, everyone... please take care! :)

Ohh... Jun... I read CJW is also tired of her weepy roles and I believe (hope I'm not wrong) this role will show less sad face even if her character came with an emotional baggage... no pun intended. :sweatingbullets: The executive-heroin role looks like a very dynamic character... someone's always on the go, like 24/7 having to manage an international airport facility.

Whatever we feel about it, at first mention... we can already visual that CJW and LJJ are very compatible in terms of height and age, both can be expected to appear gorgeous/charismatic when dressed in formals. :blush:

Man, Rubie, you're way too generous. They are probably about the same height and in the same age bracket, but they don't look one bit compatible looks-wise. LJJ is too suave! :blush: Give him a better-looking co-star who has the acting chops... say, Ha Ji Won for instance. Choi Ji Woo... just looks like she is about to cry the next second. I'm tired of seeing her, period. I hope she extends that bloody hiatus.

Honestly, the role doesn't sound very different from her other weepy ones - sure, maybe the character gets to speak more languages other than the language of tears, but ultimately, she's gonna cry buckets because of that trauma in the family. Ugh. :rolleyes:

I guess... I just miss LJJ.... like... a lot.

I miss him too, but I'm willing to wait if that means a better script and better co-stars. For an actor of his quality, LJJ doesn't deserve the average run-of-the-mill kind of story, and this one already sounds like it's pretty half-baked.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dadedum

Word has it that LJJ and (everyone's favorite) Kim Min Hee broke up last November. Was it because of all our cursings?!? Hmmm.. ;)

Any news on the supposed LJJ-CJW collaboration? CJW sorta ruined Rondo for me, urgh.

NO!!!!!!! Choi Ji Woo can't act for toffee! I'm so tired of her weepy roles/face

lol and i thought me among the few who really hope the female lead for the drama that is upcoming can be changed if LJJ is coming back for the small screen ......

Word has it that LJJ and (everyone's favorite) Kim Min Hee broke up last November.

yes. they break off ..it also another big news for this month

Any news on the supposed LJJ-CJW collaboration? CJW sorta ruined Rondo for me, urgh.

Heh, I'm not surprised. I was so grossed out when I realised she would be acting with Yutaka that I boycotted the serial.

lol and i thought me among the few who really hope the female lead for the drama that is upcoming can be changed if LJJ is coming back for the small screen ......

Yes! That makes it four of us: you, me, Kay and Rubie. Awesome. Now if the producers would listen to our petition....

LJJ broke up with Kim Min Hee? Wow, I didn't know that. I hope he's taking it okay. :mellow: Any idea what caused the break-up?

Yutaka that I boycotted the serial.

ya i never went near that drama despite how i really want to see yutaka ...!!!.. from the feebacks i received lol some pratically come crying back wondering why on earth did this drama happen for .! .it was luckily i did not fall to tempatation to wtch the drama for him .othewise i will .. :wacko:

it not only about her weepy roles is the whole thing about her acting that i cant really feel right about ~ :ph34r: maybe it just me ..

LJJ broke up with Kim Min Hee? Wow, I didn't know that. I hope he's taking it okay. :mellow: Any idea what caused the break-up?

there is no clear stated reasons .but i think it their personal matters why they decided to do this ...it happen last nov.seem when both joined different management companies both parties are also quite shaken by the break up [ kmh wrote on her homepage while LJJ seem to drink alot since the break up that was purely what i was reading from the news ..]

but they recovering from it and ..they parted as friends and will remain as sanbei hou bei relationship

• 4 weeks later...
Guest White Star

Hi guys,

I'm a fan of both Choi Ji Woo AND Lee Jung Jae. and here's just my 2 cents, so don't take it personally.

So far, it seem like there's a alot of Ji Woo anti-fan here. i would appreciated it if you guy don't bashed her like that. it's a done deal. whether you like it or not, she's in the drama and i'm looking forward to see it. They are both my fav actors so i really don't want to take side. If you visit JiWoo thread, you won't see any one bashing jung jae, eventhough there're some who don't like the paring either. anyways, just reminding you guys that this is a Lee Jung jae Thread, not a Ji Woo crticism thread. like i say, please don't take it personally. i know the feeling when my fave actor paired with someone i don't like, but i don't criticized them.

THANKS wrblee for the video.... i'm not usually good with cap. this is my first time. so here's some cap of the vid.

mbc20062160020001pk2.jpg

mbc20062160020002zd6.jpg

mbc20062160030001ts7.jpg

mbc20062160060001fs3.jpg

mbc20062160060002ka0.jpg

mbc20062160190001mn8.jpg

mbc20062160190002jy0.jpg

+WS+

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching The Sandglass and I simply adore the baby face JaeHee (LJJ). He (LJJ) made that bodyguard role his own... just so well done. As I read in another thread that Lee Byung-Hun and Cha In Pyo were vying for the role of Jae Hee at the time but LJJ were cast ... and as much as I "love" LBH, I think LJJ was simply perfect for the role. If LBH were cast for that role, his handsome killing good look would alter the balance of the drama (he would be so much better looking than the two main actors and that would affect the focus of the drama, wouldn't it?? B) ).

Well, ok, back to LJJ, His 'right-amount' of good look and charisma perfected the role of Jae Hee ... not to outshine the main characters but the role is nonetheless weighted heavily in the heart of viewer.

My heart aches for Jae Hee.. Thanks to excellent portraying of character by Lee Jung Jae.

Now I want to watch White Night 3.98 badly to see these 3 men in there: Lee Jung Jae, Lee Byung Hun and Choi Min Su :sweatingbullets:

oh yea, looking forward to Air City, too, which would be quite special considering it's only the 3rd drama for LJJ. They all look really good in the poster pictures.

^Hi MRS. le, good to see you here. I guess I'm the only one still hoping to watch Sandglass and still stalling White Nights 3.98 (sadly... it's Mandarin-dubbed with no subs). Thanks for your feedback on Sandglass... love it, love both LBH and LJJ... so it didn't matter. :blush:

Yes! That makes it four of us: you, me, Kay and Rubie. Awesome. Now if the producers would listen to our petition....

ya i never went near that drama despite how i really want to see yutaka ...!!!.. from the feebacks i received lol some pratically come crying back wondering why on earth did this drama happen for .! .it was luckily i did not fall to tempatation to wtch the drama for him .othewise i will .. :wacko:

it not only about her weepy roles is the whole thing about her acting that i cant really feel right about ~ :ph34r: maybe it just me ..

there is no clear stated reasons .but i think it their personal matters why they decided to do this ...it happen last nov.seem when both joined different management companies both parties are also quite shaken by the break up [ kmh wrote on her homepage while LJJ seem to drink alot since the break up that was purely what i was reading from the news ..]

but they recovering from it and ..they parted as friends and will remain as sanbei hou bei relationship

I haven't been to this thread since my last post but I guess it's too late now... to say anything *damage probably have been done*. The truth be told, I like CJW (especially in Beautiful Days, it's my first Kdrama, sappy but I love it at every angle). Although I've not seen Rondo, waiting for it to be aired on tv and not a fan of STH/WS (because of the storyline, etc)... I'm actually looking forward to Air City because of a great big bonus, Lee Jung Jae.

Both are already confirmed, praying ceremony already taken place, posters are coming out... whether it'll be good or not, it's (hopefully) going to be aired this May.

I agree with White Star, sometimes... we don't always get what or who we wished for but let's not overly-criticize others even if we don't like them... because the world does go round and around, the same 'token' might come our way later.

I'm sorry that my earlier comment got misunderstood, but I never expected the thread to be this way.

Anyway, thanks for the update on LJJ post-breakup with KMH... I hope he's doing better now, as well as KMH. At least this upcoming series and the new movie after that will take his mind off personal things till his heart is healed.

So, take care everyone and Lee Jung Jae-ssi... FIGHTING!

Guest ellabel

Thanks White Star for the sensible post and also for sharing the caps of the vod.

I've like LJJ ever since I saw him in Ill Mare. And I like him even more when i watched him in Typhoon.

Tho he doesnt possess that typical Korean flawless fair-skin handsomeness (if there's such a word :lol: ) but he exudes that manly charm and strong $exy character. It's like he can be brutal with the mean bad guys yet tender, protective and loving to his woman. ;) Not to mention, he acts very well.

Got excited when i heard that LJJ is being paired witn my fave CJW in Air City.

They look good together, features and height-wise and we can only judge if they have great chemistry once we see them act together in the drama. (But, my gut feel says they have. :rolleyes: )

Almost everyone in CJW thead were happy over the pairing and had only good words for LJJ.

Loved by many (obviously not all :rolleyes: ) and became famous all over Asia for her damsel-in-distress and sappy roles, I'm glad that her role in AC seems quite different. She already started veering away from her usual roles by acting in Rondo which is by the way, still considered a hit.

They say that pairing with CJW spells magic as her leading men became popular or more famous after pairing with her. Hope the magic rubs on LJJ coz in our country he is not known except for a few K-drama/movie enthusiasts. As almost all of CJW's dramas were already shown successfully in our local tv, I'm sure there will be huge anticipation to this new drama and hopefully, LJJ will get the same recognition as BYJ, KSW and LBH here. Not to mention the mileage he will get in Japan coz CJW is considered the lone Hallyu Queen there.

Here's hoping that Air City will give a new excitement in K-drama. Cant wait. :w00t:

LJJ and CJW... Fighting!! :w00t:

Guest apple red

Hi guys,

I'm a fan of both Choi Ji Woo AND Lee Jung Jae. and here's just my 2 cents, so don't take it personally.

So far, it seem like there's a alot of Ji Woo anti-fan here. i would appreciated it if you guy don't bashed her like that. it's a done deal. whether you like it or not, she's in the drama and i'm looking forward to see it. They are both my fav actors so i really don't want to take side. If you visit JiWoo thread, you won't see any one bashing jung jae, eventhough there're some who don't like the paring either. anyways, just reminding you guys that this is a Lee Jung jae Thread, not a Ji Woo crticism thread. like i say, please don't take it personally. i know the feeling when my fave actor paired with someone i don't like, but i don't criticized them.

ahh...agree with you..

Guest augustmoon

this may be out of the topic, but can someone tell me a little about LJJ's profile (family...)? thx

, just reminding you guys that this is a Lee Jung jae Thread, not a Ji Woo crticism thread. like i say, please don't take it personally. i know the feeling when my fave actor paired with someone i don't like, but i don't criticized them.

....sometimes i think ppl just misuse the word * bashing * for any negative comments * .i had believed that soompi is a forum where views of different opinion can be expressed .as long as it dun amounted to personal attacks

why it happen in this thread the commment .[but this thread is 10 pages to call it turn into a crticism thread because of a few comments is abit too over ] ..perhaps it was just naturally in the discussion ...granted we shall have to do this all in the Air City thread then whatever the truth we feel about the drama ..

^... we don't always get what or who we wished for but let's not overly-criticize others even if we don't like them... because the world does go round and around, the same 'token' might come our way later.

my comments was quoted so .. ~ . t ...the world of course is round .anything can happen ....someone i thought will be a great actor can turn up a junk performance ....someone i had thought dun even deserved to be in acting can suddenly become a miracle ..well the later if it happen ..it will be a good thing .but for now i just speak what i feel ..if it is taken as overly criticism that cant be help

anyway .i will rest my case for this issue. in case it turn really into a out of topic thread .

this may be out of the topic, but can someone tell me a little about LJJ's profile (family...)? thx

no. this surely is not out of topic

from what i read he is an only son .

Guest majehc

....sometimes i think ppl just misuse the word * bashing * for any negative comments * .i had believed that soompi is a forum where views of different opinion can be expressed .as long as it dun amounted to personal attacks

why it happen in this thread the commment .[but this thread is 10 pages to call it turn into a crticism thread because of a few comments is abit too over ] ..perhaps it was just naturally in the discussion ...granted we shall have to do this all in the Air City thread then whatever the truth we feel about the drama ..

my comments was quoted so .. ~ . t ...the world of course is round .anything can happen ....someone i thought will be a great actor can turn up a junk performance ....someone i had thought dun even deserved to be in acting can suddenly become a miracle ..well the later if it happen ..it will be a good thing .but for now i just speak what i feel ..if it is taken as overly criticism that cant be help

anyway .i will rest my case for this issue. in case it turn really into a out of topic thread .

no. this surely is not out of topic

from what i read he is an only son .

oh god never ever happen to open this thread anymore.... NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hanihash

Lee jung Jae was great in Il Mare. As a Malaysian fan of CJW, I am looking forward to the pairing of LJJ and CJW in AirCity. They seem like a dynamic pair. I visited this thread to learn more about LJJ because of the pairing. I agree that when I visit Jiwoo fan sites, all fan postings are polite and pleasant. Whatever off screen gossip, I enjoy Jiwoo's acting in all her dramas and movies, including Rondo. Very few actresses can match her style, elegance and loveliness. I hope she will score another classic with LJJ in AirCity!

Cheers from Kuala Lumpur.