Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

Excerpt from an article posted at the News thread, from English JoongAng Ilbo which mentions LJJ in a positive light.. sort of a good luck charm... huh! :D

Speaking of LJJ-ssi.. where is he now? :blush:

July 25, 2007 Celebrity photographer intrigued by death

24220618la1.jpg

Photographer Zo Sun Hi at her studio

with one of her favorite cameras.

By Jeong Chi-ho

Zo Sun Hi has a major addiction, but it’s a healthy one ― she loves shooting photographs.

“I can’t imagine life without a camera,” said Zo, sitting in her large white-walled studio as afternoon sunlight trickles in. With a tattoo on her left arm and her hair tied atop her head, she exudes confidence and boldness. Yet her attitude isn’t audacious considering her reputation as a well-known photographer who shoots many high-profile Korean celebrities.

She is one of 12 photographers whose work is now part of an exhibition called “Myth in the mirror,” at the ArtSonje Center in Samcheong-dong, downtown Seoul. Zo is the only female photographer in the exhibition, which opened in May and runs through Aug. 15, Korea’s Independence Day.

The most difficult time of her life, Zo recalls, was when she first started to work independently. “I would sit by the phone at my studio, hoping it would ring,” Zo said. Her first break came when she took pictures of the actor Lee Jung-jae. The world started to recognize her work and celebrities began lining up to be photographed by Zo. She still says she’s nervous about not having enough work. “Even when I’m not working I have to continuously take pictures,” Zo said.

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2878422

Jo, hun, thanks for the link! Ahhh~~ his voice at the beginning :wub: and the end :wub:

dun really get the MV though, but since I'm watching it just to see him, and her.. lol..

ahh so that's the girl.. hehehe... wow.. 7 yrs relationship w/ her.. tsk tsk.. :crazy:

She looks almost like Lee Young Ae, and a mix of Lee Min Sook too...hehe....

rubes dear, thanks for the news article! hehe..

at this point, I'm just so happy to see him mentioned in any news :lol:

now I wanna see that pictures she took of LJJ ^_^

Guest ripgal

^

^ Rubie dear, thank you for the news article. So it looks like her breakthru was due to her photos she took of LJJ :rolleyes: No doubt LJJ's loved by a lot of photographers..he just has the quiet aura capable of attracting attention.

The photographer actually reminds me of the photographer responsible for AC's photoshoot.. I remember seeing a similar lady photographer while watching the photoshoot clip..

Guest ripgal

LJJ's hiding somewhere I guess..no doubt he's really the low profile celeb that we know of..

b0a2d13dc0.jpg

47065db347.jpg

475dc331f7.jpg

credits: leejeongjae.com

^ Jo.... ermmm... that first cap... :unsure: which drama/movie was it from? :unsure:

for the life of me, I think I saw it before, but I can't remember...........

yeah he's probably 'hiding' in one of those hottie's cave lol. that's okay, the guy needs some rest before heavy filming schedule in August, which is like, next week. lol... :D

Miss him~~ :tears:

Guest ripgal

A literal interview on LJJ talking about his co-star CJW in AC

Interview was 2 months ago..but no harm posting ^^

이정재와 최지우는 이번이 작품을 통한 첫 만남이다. 어떨까. 그는 인간 최지우와 상대배우 최지우로 나눠 설명했다. 사실 이정재는 '에어시티' 촬영장에서 연출자의 '컷' 사인과 동시에 존재감이 무색할 정도로 조용한 성격의 소유자로 정평이 나 있다.

"하하하. 소문이 맞다. 촬영장에선 조용하다. 왜 그런지 여배우와는 살갑게 못하겠다. 숫기가 없다고 해야하나. 친하게 지내고…그런 거 좀처럼 안되더라. 하지만 (최 )지우씨는 그동안 함께 연기했던 다른 여배우들에 비해 친근한 편이다. 정말 다른 여배우들은 촬영이 끝난 이후에는 '왔어', '수고했어', '잘가라'는 게 다였다. 지우씨는 워낙에 성격이 좋더라. 그렇게 재미있고 친근한 지 몰랐다. 사실 8년만에 TV복귀해서 정신없다. 내 연기하느라고 바빠서 사담 나눌 겨를이 없다. 하하하."

이어 최지우와의 연기호흡에 대해 설명했다。

"최지우씨도 오래 연기한 분이다. 상대까지 많이 배려를 해주더라. 대개 연기를 할때 상대를 카메라로 찍고 있으면 형식상 대사를 읽어주거나 아니면 안읽어주거나 하는데, 이 친구는 앞에서 연기를 하더라. 한번은 감신씬을 촬영하는데 내 차례임에도 불구, 내 앞에서 눈물을 흘리며 연기를 해주는 모습에 정말 고마웠다."

'o과연 고맙기만 할까. 사실 최지우는 국내 여배우들 가운데 손꼽을 정도의 장신으로 유명하다. 게다가 드라마 속 최지우는 언제나 하이힐을 신는다. 때문에 이정재와의 키차이가 별로 나지 않는다. 최지우의 하이힐이 너무 높은 게 아닐까.

씨익 미소를 지어 보인다. "최지우씨가 캐리어우먼이다보니 정장이 주 의상이 되는 거잖아요. 그렇다보니 정장에 맞춰 구두를 신는 거고…. 뭐 스트레스 받을 일은 아닌 거죠."

Source from starnews

http://news.nate.com/Service/natenews/Shel...060610293916167

credits: baidu

----

There's a chinese translation to the article..so I translated some of it.

Translation:

It's known that LJJ's more of a shy and reserved person. So we seldom see him hang around closely with his female co-stars. We asked him why he's so shy around his co-stars. He answered saying that he's actually trying to be polite. And about him not getting close with his female co-stars, LJJ also agrees and says that he seldom keeps in touch with them. But with CJW, it's slightly different. She's one of the few female actresses whom he can hang out with closely and comfortably. Compared to his other co-stars in the past where he only murmured sentences like "Oh, that's it? Alright"...etc and not more than that, with CJW, he can actually talk non-stop. He's surprised that CJW's such a vibrant and amicable person..

Both CJW and LJJ help each other a lot during the filming process. Usually when an actor's rehearsing his script, he does it alone by memorising the lines. However, there are moments when you find it hard to get into a role. When this happened to LJJ during the filming of AC, CJW helped him a lot by reenacting portions of her script to help him immerse himself in his role. There was even once where LJJ was supposed to break down in tears but couldn't get that scene done. CJW helped him by rehearsing her script in front of him, crying in tears as well. LJJ felt very touched by her help.

Some ppl also commented on CJW and LJJ's height. CJW's one of the taller actresses in Korea and yet she had to wear high heels in AC. Hence it's kinda difficult to see the difference of their heights in the drama. (teasing LJJ..heheh..:P) LJJ said it's inevitable since CJW's playing a career woman..only high heels can compliment her wardrobe. He doesn't mind..hehehhee..

---

Awww...altho the article's a bit old, at least we know that LJJ and CJW's good chemistry on screen was due to that they could click so well off set too. :)

Guest ripgal

Another old clip

CLRIDE CF Making - Lee Jung Jae and Song Hye Kyo

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_cj00XNDk1MzAwMA==.html

----

Interview translations:

[July 2003]

H: What are you doing here at the beach in the middle of the night?

LJJ: Of course I'm here for work. You think I came here to play? :lol:

H: How long have you guys been working together?

SHK: We've filmed CFs together for more than 8 times. It's been 3 years. (WOW, that's long)

H: It's been 3 years already. You guys should be fed up with each other already right? Is it time to split?

LJJ: Yeah, it's time for us to split.

LJJ: Manager Kim, help me look around for other CFs! (he's sooooo funny...:lol:)

H: There are a lot of mosquitos around here. Are you guys alright?

LJJ: From the way you said those words, you meant to laugh at us right?

H: I heard that the CF concept today's based on how a movie is filmed?

LJJ: It's nothing more than a beach concept what?

[The photographer said she wanted to make the CF look like a movie]

But there aren't any dialogues in the CF.. so what did LJJ do?

He pretended he's in a movie acting a scene..

LJJ: I told you not to come looking for me!

H: SHK, what do you think's charming about LJJ?

SHK: He's very manly. Everytime I look at his eyes..

LJJ: How can I compare to somebody else? (HAHHHHAHAHA..SHK was dating Rubie's husband (LBH) at that time..)

---

Awww..LJJ's so adorable here. But yeah, this was 4 years ago..^^

:huh: Uhh-oh.. Jo, dear :wacko: ... you just gave me a minor heart attack up there :sweatingbullets:

I might not be able to enter the panda forest with that r.u.b.e.s.r.u.m.o.r r.o.a.m.i.ng here. :lol:

But yeah... LJJ and LBH are buddies as well. :blush:

Btw, LJJ was at 'Everyone Has a Secret' VIP premiere in 2004. I'll try to see if I could locate the clip.

Hi rubie, :)

Here's the EHAS VIP premiere clip... http://www.starjiwoo.com/kyunghee/2004.07.23.wmv

credits to kyunghee @ starjiwoo.com and xyz @ kdocn.com/AC thread

Hi!

Thanks very much kholic for the clip, really appreciate the sharing. :D I've just downloaded it and can't quite remember if I had this version before, it's really a cool sharing. Glad that you have the link. :) A lot of celebrities can be seen attending the premiere.

Hope it's alright if I share this at the EHAS thread, too. :blush:

Thanks again!

Guest CookieDo

Hi...first time here at this thread. I've got a question about AC. I know it's a little late but I just finished watching it. He was so great in there.

Can someone tell me why he changed his mind and decided to take on the assignment after he saw his ex gf at the hospital? It seems that he was still in love with her right? But even so what does that have anything to do with his assignment?

Guest kholic

Hi!

Thanks very much kholic for the clip, really appreciate the sharing. :D I've just downloaded it and can't quite remember if I had this version before, it's really a cool sharing. Glad that you have the link. :) A lot of celebrities can be seen attending the premiere.

Hope it's alright if I share this at the EHAS thread, too. :blush:

Thanks again!

You're very welcome and feel free to share the file as you like. ;)

Ripgal...interesting interviews..thanks for posting...wow LJJ seems to be a very reserved person...I was surprised to know that he was not really close to any female actresses that he co-starred with....and CJW was an exemption to that...I find their chemistry lovely...I'm really smiling while reading the post...

Kholic...thanks for the EHAS clip..I'm downloading it as well...

I hope you don't mind if I'll post it on another thread too...I'll credit it to you ^ ^

here are the pics I promised last time

ljj10.jpg

ljj9.jpg

ljj8.jpg

ljj7.jpg

ljj6.jpg

ljj5.jpg

ljj4.jpg

ljj3.jpg

ljj2.jpg

I'm sorry if some of them might have been posted already

src: www.leejeongjae.com

Guest ellabel

^ Can't see it..hehe..but LJJ's smiles are indeed gorgeous. And when he closes his eyes and smiles, I'm dead. XD

Anywayz, nothing much to post recently.

I found a pic of LJJ's ex-gf, the one he dated for 7 years before he dated Kim Min Hee.

I didn't even know it's the girl from the MV he did for Lee Ki Chan..

Here's a pic

http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/20...ejeongjae01.jpg

---

^ Tho it's irrelevant..well it's related to LJJ. No harm digging out his past eh...

Omo!!! He had a 7 yr relationship?! :o

I wonder what caused the break-up.

Isnt his relationship with KMH quite long also.

I cant watch the Youtube clip here in the ofc so wl just see later at home.

What's the name of the girl? She looks like a chubby LYA in the pic. :P

So, how was the vacation, ripgal chingu? Welcome back!

Thanks for the translated article on LJJ and CJW.

Looks like they really became close in real and reel life.

CJW is really helpful and generous to her co-stars.

She did the same to BYJ in WS and KSW in STH.

Thanks koala for the numerous LJJ pics.

Guest kholic

Kholic...thanks for the EHAS clip..I'm downloading it as well...

I hope you don't mind if I'll post it on another thread too...I'll credit it to you ^ ^

No problem. ;) Not at all, please feel free to share as it's for everyone to enjoy. :)

Credits should go to kyunghee @ starjiwoo.com (original source) and xyz @ kdocn.com/AC thread for sharing. :D

Guest ellabel

Hi...first time here at this thread. I've got a question about AC. I know it's a little late but I just finished watching it. He was so great in there.

Can someone tell me why he changed his mind and decided to take on the assignment after he saw his ex gf at the hospital? It seems that he was still in love with her right? But even so what does that have anything to do with his assignment?

Hi CookieDo.

Let me answer your question but this is my personal take on the ending.

Ji sung in one of the later eppies told Do Kyung that Just like her he also loves his work and that it has nothing to do with their love.

When he receive his new assignment, i think he was taken aback and was conflicted whether he will accept it or not coz we all know that he has grown to love the airport and the people he works with not to mention his new love, Do kyung works there. At first, i think he made up his mind and decided to marry DK but of corz this is prior to knowing about Dr. SMW's illness.

I think somehow Ji Sung felt guilty to Dr. SMW tho I don’t understand why. She is the one who left him, told him a lie and kept him in the dark. She alone decided their fate as lovers. It was not his fault. He was not given any choice. I understand that he will feel pity…. Feel grateful for sparing him the despair. The only guilt he may have is for being the first one to move on (but, it took him 3 long years), to be able to love again an equally wonderful woman and being extremely happy when MW is suffering. I guess this is the reason why he wants to have some time to be away from everyone. To offer some sacrifice, this time, it’s his and DK’s love, to compensate for MW’s sacrifice and suffering. I guess he feels this will ease his guilt and eventually he wud come back to DK a whole and confident man again.

I guess this and his real passion for his work made him change his mind. And since he knows that DK will understand him (besides, their relationship being so new and raw) so he's like killing 2 birds with one stone.... being able to still do the job that he loves and at the same time, getting some time to exorcise any demon he might have for not knowing MW's teminal illness and not being with her at the time of her needs.

He said to his airport boss that hee also wants to have an ordinary life and be happy. Maybe, the time is not yet now.

Thanks for the captures koalabear, never seen most of them before.. :rolleyes: No worries, keep on posting.. the pics brighten up the thread. :blush:

Love the V magazine captures especially. The green (outdoor) backdrop looks really good with LJJ-ssi. :D