Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

• 1 month later...

Only because of LEE JUNG JAE who has a lot of good things going for him now... a fashion company, a brand new series and an upcoming movie later

December 12, 2006

2 Top Actors Become Fashion CEOs

By Seo Dong-shin

Staff Reporter

kt2200612221716230p2zj2.jpg

Two 30-something popular actors have become CEOs in the fashion business world, preparing to launch a men's suits brand early next year.

Actors Lee Jung-jae and Jung Woo-sung, both 33, established clothing company FAB Inc. earlier this month. They own 40 percent of the company.

Their first project is to re-launch a Japanese men's wear brand "Durban" in February, according to FAB. FAB is affiliated with Basic House, a Korean total clothing brand.

Durban withdrew from the Korean market a year ago. This time, the brand will be upgraded based on the designs and plans thought out by the actor-CEOs, Yonhap News Agency quoted FAB officials as saying.

"Unlike many clothing brands that just 'borrow' celebrities' names, FAB is a company where Jung and Lee actually participate in the management," an FAB official said.

Jung and Lee, both known for their fashionable styles as well as clean-cut facial features and physique, reportedly have been interested in the fashion industry for a long time. The two are close friends since acting together in the 1998 film "Taeyangeun obtta’’ (There Is No Sun).

Lee starred in many films including the blockbuster "Typhoon" last year. Jung's latest film is "Daisy" released early this year.

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/nation/200...17092252920.htm

March 2007 Launch Photos, with actor Jung Woo Sung

1513_1.jpg

20070311141408_992_0.jpg

1513_9.jpg1513_3.jpg

Source: empas.com

Translated news update by CindyW88 at the News thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...868&st=2320

1/16/07 – Lee Jung Jae (34) is selected to lead the movie "Legend of Flying Dragon (비룡전, 飛龍傳)". This movie is based on Japanese popular play "The First Class Revolution – Legend of Flying Dragon (초급혁명강좌 비룡전)", and it will be debuted simultaneously in both Korea and Japan.

LJJ plays the role Sang Soo (상수) who is a simple-minded policeman involved in the violent student movement happened in 1980s. Since LJJ has been selected to lead the MBC drama "Air City", the production companies of "Legend of Flying Dragon" and "Air City" agree to resolve the conflict of LJJ's filming schedules. Actress Choi Ji Woo is selected to costar with LJJ in "Air City". LJJ's previous movie project was "Typhoon".

2007011700308_0.jpg

Source

http://spn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...7011700382.html

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...701160926501120

http://news.goodday.co.kr/2007/01/16/20070...007262300.shtml

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...10342458470.htm

Jan 26, 2007

Lee Jung Jae returning to small screen after 8 years, romancing Choi Ji Woo in the airport

2007012510485665631_1.jpg

Source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/j/2007-01-26/15171426975.html

Translated by ylin & Hyc-soompi.com

Korean renowned actor and actress, Lee Jung Jae and Choi Ji Woo were selected to lead MBC's new drama "Air City".

On 26 January, the production company announced that both of them have started rehearsing the scripts in the afternoon.

This is Choi Ji Woo's first drama after 3 years, her previous drama - "Stairways to Heaven" was produced in 2004. This is also Lee Jung Jae's return to the small screen after 8 years. His last drama was "White Night 3.98” back in 1998.

Lee Jung Jae plays the role of Kim Ji Sung, a national secret agent who has acute observation and calm judgment capability. Despite the strong character, he will not easily fall in love as he had the hurtful experience of separation from a previous romance.

On the other hand, Choi Ji Woo will play the role of a manager of the operation department at Incheon International Airport. She devoted her life to the airport, a person who only cared about her work in the airport. However, her life started to change tremendously after her acquaintance with Kim Ji Sung played by Lee Jung Jae. She felt love for the first time and gradually started to pay attention and have contact with the outside world.

At the end of the first rehearsal, Lee Jung Jae said, "My wish now is to work conscientiously to the production of a good drama. I feel extremely excited whenever I have the thought that I will be meeting the audience soon and I can feel the heavy burden on my shoulder.

It is reported that "Air City", Korean's first drama based on Incheon International Airport, will start filming in early February and will be launched in the first half of the year.

February 6, 2007

Lee Jung-jae and Choi Ji-woo to Be Face of Incheon Airport

0206aircity.jpg

Actor Lee Jung-jae and actress Choi Ji-woo have been named the face of Korea's Incheon International Airport. Incheon International Airport's President Lee Jae-hee appointed the two stars as honorary ambassadors at an appointing ceremony held at its headquarters on Monday.

The airport said it appointed the two stars because it believes they can contribute to raising the brand value of not only the airport but also the country itself as they have been cast to play leading roles for the country's first airport drama, "Air City."

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...8932_11692.html

March 16, 2007

Lee Jung Jae appointed as national intelligence institute honorable personel

Thanks to Hyc for the translated update

20070316i.jpg

On the 16th, the national intelligence institute in Seoul appointed actor Lee Jung Jae as honorable personnel. (photograph = MBC offer).

The Korean daily report JNS

http://japanese.chosun.com/site/data/html_...0316000063.html

March 16, 2007

Drama 'Air City' to open doors to the airport and Korean National Intelligence Service

2080jy8.jpg

The MBC drama 'Air City' which is being produced in commemoration of the 5th year anniversary of Incheon International Airport in cooperation with the National Intelligence Service (NIS) of Korea previewed the filming scene on location on the grounds of the National Intelligence Service.

A scene of Lee Jung Jae paying honors to his friend who passed away was filmed at the memorial of the National Intelligence Service was released to the press on the 16th.

While the 2005 blockbuster 'Typhoon' featured the outside of the main NIS building, 'Air City' is the first drama to have filmed on location.

However, as even 'Air City' cannot film within the complex, the team completed filming in the publicity conference room and at the memorial top.

Producer Lim Tae Woo commented, "I am mad as they offered full support, but did not allow much to be done. We asked to see what the interiors looked like, but they did not so we are using the best of our imagination to recreate the location."

The situation was not much different at Incheon International Airport where security is also a great issue. The drama that got the title of both organizations is in return going through a not so easy filming schedule.

Producer Lim continued, "The story is based in the National Intelligence Service as well as the airport, but because of the restrictions of location, the filming is calling for two to three times more time and effort."

Writer Lee Seon Hee also commented, "They were cooperative in allowing us to research about the organization, but we got nothing much out of the 3~4 hours spent with them. They said that because the security was so tight, they do not know what the person next to them does, so we should use our imagination to freely write the story we want," expressing the hardship in a drama based on the National Intelligence Service.

However, 'Air City' has been gathering much attention from the fact that is a story based on the NIS and airport. Lee Jung Jae who is returning to the TV screen in nine years commented, "I liked the fact that we could freely use the Incheon International Airport as an open set during a time when no other airport would allow it. I chose this series as it seemed there would be a lot of new scenery along with the story."

He continued explaining his character by saying, "I am acting a strong male character on the outside, but I would like to express the idea that even a person who looks so strong can be nervous and swayed by love. I won't be showing a completely new side of me, but it will probably be a different feeling from the character in 'Sandglass.'"

Lee Jung Jae who will be playing the NIS agent in charge of security at the Incheon International Airport will be joined by Choi Ji Woo, playing the director of operations at the airport. The series will cover various incidents that occur at the airport such as terror, smuggling, forged passports, and others.

70087lsq4.jpg

Prior to the filming on site at the National Intelligence Service, actors Lee Jung Jae and Jang Yong received an honorary agent status, first of the NIS. The head of the NIS commented, "We hope they will serve to let the people know of the things the NIS does for the people and country in places that go unnoticed."

"Air City" will start airing on May 12th following 'Que Sera, Sera.'

Source: BROASIA.com & innolife.net

http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=208

March 29, 2007

Lee Jung Jae, "Back to back role of an agent is a burden"

ac1pv5.jpg

Lee Jeong Jae is returning to the TV screen after a long break through the MBC series 'Air City.'

At the production press conference held at the Incheon International Airport held on the 29th, Lee Jung Jae was first asked how he felt about it.

"It is burdensome thinking that it is my first time appearing in a television series in eight years, but these days I have been telling myself to not overdo it. I was trying so hard that in the end, I eliminated the range of characters I could act. I felt as if I limited myself so this time I will try to escape from the burden while I enjoy it."

The role he is playing this time is a National Intelligence Service agent Kim Ji Sung who returns from working abroad after a friend's death and encounters various incidents while working at the airport.

One cannot disregard the burden from his previous agent role in 'Typhoon' as they are similar.

"At first it was burdensome as the character was another agent. If it was a character that made you think, 'What kind of agent is that?' then it would have been alright, but it overlaps greatly with the character I played in 'Typhoon.' But I heard not many people watched 'Typhoon' so I was discouraged but found hope at the same time."

The drama is special as it is the first to be set at the airport, but there also seems to be much difficulty according to the director. He did say it takes two to three times the more effort.

"The traveling distance is much greater as the airport is big. Because we can't shut down the entire airport to film, there are many cases where the filming is disrupted by camera flashes of people watching or airport announcements. But it is interesting actually being able to be on the runway, in the underground bunkers, or in the control top. Also, the airport is a place of greeting and farewell simultaneously so I believe it is a place with living emotion."

With various professional dramas becoming popular, 'Air City' also focuses on the professionalism of those who work at the airport. The story will shift its focus to love later on, but the main plot is about the incidents that happen at the airport.

"I think viewers now prefer a good plot over visuals. Before, dramas became popular based on how good it looked, but now people will turn away from great visuals if the story is not up to par. There is great burden as I must be able to act as good as the large scale scenery of the airport."

ac20070329gi7.jpg

Hallyu Star Choi Ji Woo will be co-starring Lee Jung Jae as Han Do Gyung, an operations manager of the airport. The drama has gathered the spotlight as it is the first time the two are performing together.

"I simply plan on benefiting from Choi Ji Woo. Rather than wanting to become a Hallyu Star, I have a great desire to show good acting."

'Air City' which commemorates the sixth year anniversary of the opening of Incheon International Airport will start airing on May 12th.

Source: BROASIA.com, empas.com

http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=222

20070329-18.jpg

April 2007

LJJ & Kim Min Sun Photoshoot + Interview VOD

news14517wk0.jpg

http://vod.innolife.net/2007/03/0326_1.wmv

Source: innolife, empas.com

April 10, 2007

Ex-H.O.T. Member Turns CEO

By Cathy Rose A. Garcia

Staff Reporter

Tony An, a former member of the popular boy band H.O.T., will launch his underwear brand "Shinenihs" on Saturday.

An will officially unveil the new underwear brand with a fashion show on April 14 at the Grand Ballroom of the Grand Intercontinental Hotel in southern Seoul. This is not the first time An has been involved in the clothing industry _ he already started a school uniform company, "Skoolooks."

An gained popularity in the late 1990s as a member of H.O.T., a boy band composed of Kang Ta, Moon Hee-jun, Jang Woo-hyuk and Lee Jae-won. H.O.T. disbanded in 2001, but An, Jang and Lee formed another group called J.T.L. In 2004, he released a solo album and formed his own music entertainment company called TN Entertainment.

An is one of the many celebrities who have launched their own businesses and even fashion brands.

Recently, Lee Min-woo and Andy Lee, members of the boy band Shinhwa, announced they are forming their own entertainment companies. Lee Min-woo has formed M Rising Entertainment as a management company and record label, while Andy Lee has formed ND Entertainment as an entertainment firm.

While fashion companies still rely on celebrity star power to help boost their brands, celebrities are now launching their own fashion businesses and clothing lines. Celebrity clothing lines are hoping the public’s obsession with their style will translate into profits.

Actors Lee Jung-jae and Jung Woo-sung, who are both known for their stylish looks, have established the clothing company FAB Inc. The two actors own 40 percent of the company, which is also affiliated with Korean clothing brand Basic House. The company is re-launching a Japanese men's wear brand called "D'urban" and will focus on men's suits.

Several celebrities are also seen selling their own clothing labels on home shopping channels. Thanks to the star power of celebrities, clothes sold on home shopping channels are overcoming the image of being cheap and unfashionable.

Actress Lee Seung-yeon is promoting her own clothing brand "About el" on CJ Home Shopping, while veteran actress Hwang Shin-hye started selling her underwear brand "Elypry" on Hyundai Home Shopping last year.

cathy@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...21163511700.htm

Thanks to Hyc-soompi.com for the update

Source: http://chn.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2...0416000019.html

April 16, 2007

'Air City' goes to the Hong Kong location

951167336381824442.jpg

580376147486774186.jpg

Origin = sports North Korea (2007.04.16 12:50)

Weekend drama Air City starring Lee Jung Jae and Choi Jiwoo has finished photographing the land, sea and air scenes. The overseas location shooting becomes a hot topic of discussion.

For the first time in the country, Incheon International Airport is used as the background location for "Air City". In March the cars chasing and gunshot scenes with Incheon International Airport runway as a background were done. And in Pusan, the sea pursuit scene has been photographed. In the process of shooting the marine pursuit scene, ferryboat, marine police boat, helicopter and special troops were brought into play.

Last week the airborne scene photography in the Incheon International Airport had completed. For security sake of the country, Incheon International Airport has never allowed such filming to be carried out. "Air City" production group has started filming outdoor scenes in Hong Kong from 15th (Sunday).

The production personnel explained that, National Intelligence Service agent Kim Ji Sung (Lee Jung Jae) would be combating an international crime organization right from the beginning of the drama and in a long term. Therefore we can only defer to the type of filming similar to action movie scenes. Lee Jung Jae also disclosed that he’s extremely satisfied with the drama plot, and personally participated in the shooting of difficult actions. The passion for photography was extremely high.

Chosun.com Chinese edition chn.chosun.com

Guest Wonderland

VOGUE, April 2007

Lee Jung Jae & Jung Woo Sung

%7Boption%7Dvogue1.jpg[/img

Source: VOGUE Korea, copied from Simply LeeJungJae

W Korea

D'urban's Gentlemen

%7Boption%7Dw1.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7Dw2.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7Dw3i.jpg[/img

Source: W Korea.com, copied from Simply LeeJungJae

These pictures are TOO GOOD to be true. They should ask JDG to do a shoot with them as well...haha...imagine that! HEAVEN perhaps? :ph34r: The clothes look good! Suits their image/style.

Guest snowstrutt

Can't wait to see Air City... LJJ is a great actor... very natural, quiet, deep acting. He should keep his hair short though, it suits him best. ;)

• 2 weeks later...