Lee Jung-Jae 이정재 [Movie “Hunt” | Upcoming: Star Wars series “The Acolyte” (Disney+)]

Helena

Thank you for all the updates, @rubie.  How are you?
Yesterday I saw "Operation Chromite" at a local theater in California.
Despite some faults (as indicated by some reviewers), this movie captured my heart. I cried so much at the end. People need to remember that they owe their county and their freedom to those who sacrificed their lives for it.

By the way, have you ever seen an old film with Lee Jung-jae and Lee Young-Ae " LastPresent?"   I bought it recently. Such a simple movie, highlighted by the great acting of these two legendary actors.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2016 at 11:23 PM, irilight said:

Thank you for all the updates, @rubie.  How are you?
Yesterday I saw "Operation Chromite" at a local theater in California.
Despite some faults (as indicated by some reviewers), this movie captured my heart. I cried so much at the end. People need to remember that they owe their county and their freedom to those who sacrificed their lives for it.

By the way, have you ever seen an old film with Lee Jung-jae and Lee Young-Ae " LastPresent?"   I bought it recently. Such a simple movie, highlighted by the great acting of these two legendary actors.

Hi @irilight, really good to see you here. Well, I'm getting better now, not quite walking as before but slowly, it's getting there. Thankfully.

I love LJJ & LYA in 'Last Present,' a bittersweet yet a warm romance. LJJ sure had some comic talent shown by his character. Have you seen 'Over the Rainbow' with the late Jang Jin Young, another sweet sweet story. Also, the 19+ love story with Lee Mi Sook in 'An Affair'. However, his most well-known movie would be 'Il Mare', I suppose. I haven't seen that many of his movies, usually those recommended whenever he has a big drama out, like 'Air City' that had quite a discussion in Soompi back then. 

LJJ have been pretty busy these days with one movie after another. Unfortunately, I haven't been watching much of the latest ones. The most recent I've seen was his 'New World' with Choi Min Sik and Hwang Jung Min shown on the Korean movie slot on tv (which is pretty cool when they air quite the recent Kmovies :lol:). New World is pretty much the action-bloody-cat-and-mouse-gangster flick but with a slick twist in the end.

August 18, 2016

Period Drama ENEMY SOLDIER Adds YEO Jin-gu
LEE Jung-jae Stars New 20th Century Fox Offering

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

YWSwTgVcEsSwiuObhNUA.png

Actors LEE Jung-jae and YEO Jin-gu are set to star in the upcoming period drama Enemy Soldier. From director CHUNG Yoon-chul, the title is the fifth fully financed local production by 20th Century Fox.

YEO features as Prince Gwanghae and the film will chronicle his rise to power during the seven-year war from the perspective of his bodyguard, played by LEE. LEE currently features in the Korean War hit Operation Chromite, following last year’s Assassination, while YEO was also most recently seen in a Korean War title, last year’s Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day) holiday release The Long Way Home alongside SUL Kyung-gu.

Director of the hit feelgood drama Marathon (2005), CHUNG also helmed Skeletons In The Closet (2007) and the 2008 drama A Man Who Was Superman with HWANG Jung-min.

Following the rocky fortunes of Running Man (2013), Slow Video (2014) and IM Sang-soo’s Intimate Enemies (2015), 20th Century Fox hit their stride in Korea with the release of NA Hong-jin’s critically acclaimed hit THE WAILING this spring.

Realies Pictures will handle production on the film which kicks off in late August, with a release planned for next year.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, rubie said:

Well, I'm getting better now, not quite walking as before but slowly, it's getting there. Thankfully.

I love LJJ & LYA in 'Last Present,' a bittersweet yet a warm romance. LJJ sure had some comic talent shown by his character. Have you seen 'Over the Rainbow' with the late Jang Jin Young, another sweet sweet story. Also, the 19+ love story with Lee Mi Sook in 'An Affair'. However, his most well-known movie would be 'Il Mare', I suppose. I haven't seen that many of his movies, usually those recommended whenever he has a big drama out, like 'Air City' that had quite a discussion in Soompi back then. 

LJJ have been pretty busy these days with one movie after another. Unfortunately, I haven't been watching much of the latest ones. The most recent I've seen was his 'New World' with Choi Min Sik and Hwang Jung Min shown on the Korean movie slot on tv (which is pretty cool when they air quite the recent Kmovies :lol:). New World is pretty much the action-bloody-cat-and-mouse-gangster flick but with a slick twist in the end.

@rubie sending you lots of love and healing energy....

I have seen Over the Rainbow and Il Mare which you mentioned, but that was when I was pretty new to Korean entertainment. I think if I watched it today, I would appreciate them more. An Affair has been in my watch-list for a long time. I must make time to watch it soon.

Yes, I have seen New World. It is not genetrally my genre, but I thought it was so well done.

I am excited for this new film.

• Like 1

August 25, 2016

Yeo Jin-goo, Lee Jung-jae cast as prince, army leader in upcoming period flick

Actors Yeo Jin-goo and Lee Jung-jae (Fox International Productions)

Actors Yeo Jin-goo and Lee Jung-jae have been cast for the upcoming movie “Opposition Forces” (tentative title), set to begin shooting on Sept. 5, Fox International Productions confirmed Thursday.

The film, set for release next year, chronicles the 1592 Japanese invasion of Korea, during which Crown Prince Gwanghae, played by Yeo, struggled to defend Joseon while King Seonjo fled to the Ming dynasty in China.

Lee will play the leader of the opposition forces, which served as soldiers in the place of civilians who did not want to fight. 
Both actors recently took up roles in period pieces. Yeo, 19, is playing a Joseon era prince in the drama series “Love in the Moonlight,” while Lee, 43, stars in the Korean War film “Operation Chromite,” which is currently in theaters. 

The film will be directed by Jeong Yoon-cheol, whose previous works include “A Man Who Was Superman” (2008) and “Marathon” (2005).

A host of films starring Korean A-listers are to begin shooting in the coming months. 

Park Shin-yang and Song Seung-heon are set to star in “My Wife,” about a man searching for his kidnapped wife, while Song Kang-ho, Ryu Seung-ryong and Jung Woo will star in “The Fifth Row,” which follows a military investigator as he uncovers a conspiracy.

Hyun Bin, Yoo Ji-tae and Park Sung-woong will star in “Kkun” (Conman), about a grand fraud scheme.

By Rumy Doo (doo@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

Period Drama ENEMY SOLDIER Adds YEO Jin-gu
LEE Jung-jae Stars New 20th Century Fox Offering

YWSwTgVcEsSwiuObhNUA.png

Actors LEE Jung-jae and YEO Jin-gu are set to star in the upcoming period drama Enemy Soldier. From director CHUNG Yoon-chul, the title is the fifth fully financed local production by 20th Century Fox.

YEO features as Prince Gwanghae and the film will chronicle his rise to power during the seven-year war from the perspective of his bodyguard, played by LEE. LEE currently features in the Korean War hit Operation Chromite, following last year’s Assassination, while YEO was also most recently seen in a Korean War title, last year’s Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day) holiday release The Long Way Home alongside SUL Kyung-gu.  

Director of the hit feelgood drama Marathon (2005), CHUNG also helmed Skeletons In The Closet (2007) and the 2008 drama A Man Who Was Superman with HWANG Jung-min.  

Following the rocky fortunes of Running Man (2013), Slow Video (2014) and IM Sang-soo’s Intimate Enemies (2015), 20th Century Fox hit their stride in Korea with the release of NA Hong-jin’s critically acclaimed hit THE WAILING this spring.

Realies Pictures will handle production on the film which kicks off in late August, with a release planned for next year. -

source: KOBIZ

• Like 1

user posted image

August 28, 2016

Fox’s Korean production 'The Proxy Soldiers' readies shoot

By Jean Noh | ScreenDaily

Fox International Productions’ next Korean production The Proxy Soldiers is set to start shooting on September 5.

Directed by Chung Yoon-chul (Marathon), the historical action adventure stars Lee Jung-jae, currently seen inOperation Chromite, and Yeo Jin-gu from Hwayi: A Monster Boy, along with an ensemble cast.

Realies Pictures is handling production. The company’s local hits include Masquerade, which took a massive 12.3million admissions at the local box office, and 200 Pounds Beauty, which took six million admissions, according to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

Based on a true story that took place after the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592, The Proxy Soldiers follows a group of mercenaries tasked with protecting the newly crowned prince Gwanghae during a long and treacherous journey vital to the country’s future.

Lee stars as the head of the prince’s guards and Yeo features as young Prince Gwanghae – the same historical figure portrayed by Lee Byung-hun in Masquerade, which takes place later in the prince’s adulthood.

“During the Joseon Dynasty military duty was compulsory, but it was an open secret that the rich hired the poor to serve in their place,” said producer Kim Ho Sung. “So for many poor but healthy men becoming a ‘proxy soldier’ was a profession, and in fact they were considered to be superior in combat compared to the royal army.”

Fox International Productions and Twentieth Century Fox recently financed and distributed director Na Hong Jin’s The Wailing, which premiered in Cannes this year and took more than 6.8million admissions at the local box office, according to KOFIC.

August 27, 2016

[Guest Film Review] "An Affair"

Source: Hancinema.net

photo758426.jpg

Another entry in the vast category of romantic films, "An Affair" stands on a level above the majority of contemporary ones, despite the fact that it was screened in 1998.

Seo-hyeon is an ordinary, big bourgeoisie housewife, almost 40 years old, wife to a very successful architect, Joon-il, and mother of a10-year-old boy. Eventually, her younger sister, who cannot return from Los Angeles, asks her to help her fiancé, Woo-in, to find an apartment in the city. As the two of them more and more, So-hyun starts to be attracted to the young man, and when it becomes obvious that he carries the same sentiment, the two of them become lovers. So-hyun, gradually starts to realize that she has been unsatisfied by her life all these years, as a wife and a mother, and that the way she feels for the young man she has never felt for her husband. However, their relationship does not stay hidden for long, and she must decide what is it that she wants from her life.

photo758427.jpg

Lee Jae-yong, in his debut feature film, directs a film with two main advantages. The first one is that he presents the story with simplicity, without hyperbole, but with realism and naturalness. The second one is that he manages to avoid including melodramatic scenes and using intense music to strengthen his scenes, retaining a subtle, but quite meaningful flow throughout the whole film. The above traits become evident in the love scenes, where his sensitivity highlights the protagonists' feelings for each other.

The film benefits the most by the overall presence of Lee Mi-sook as Seo-hyeon and Lee Jeong-jae as Woo-in. Both of them are gorgeous, a prerequisite for this kind of film, and act with minimalism, without any outbursts, in a fashion that fits perfectly the general aesthetics of the film. Song Yeong-chang is also quite good as Joon-il, who is actually the "villain" in the story.

photo758428.jpg

Overall, "An Affair" is an intelligent film that stands apart due to his general, subtle style.

Review by Panos Kotzathanasis

August 31, 2016

Lee Jung Jae Attends Crocodile's International Press Conference

Source: BNTNews

ac1ym2quriavgzlyvs344zft522kxrzy.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Baek Soo Yeon] Actor Lee Jung Jae joined fashion brand Crocodile’s ‘International Press Conference’ at Banyan Tree Club & Spa in Jangchung-dong, Seoul on August 31. 

Meanwhile, Lee Jung Jae recently played the role of Jang Hak Soo in movie ‘Operation Chromite’. (photo by bntnews DB) 

a2nxn9b6drmjbqrza5f3n5ml3o567b87.jpg

lhkleuvukdqqxtt3iphw26p1u9dy4wuf.jpg

September 2, 2016

'Operation Chromite' tops 7 million in attendance

SEOUL, Sept. 2 (Yonhap) -- A homegrown film about the 1950-53 Korean War exceeded 7 million in accumulated number of viewers in South Korea on Friday, its distributor said.

"Operation Chromite" hit the milestone at about 2 p.m., on the 38th day of running, according to CJ Entertainment. It became the third Korean film to pass the 7 million mark after "Train to Busan" and "A Violent Prosecutor" this year.

Starring Lee Jung-jae, Lee Bum-soo and Hollywood star Liam Neeson, the historical action flick tells the story of real-life South Korean soldiers who carried out a covert operation to prepare for the daring amphibious Incheon landing operation led by U.S. Gen. Douglas MacArthur.

The landing at the port of Incheon turned the tide of the war in favor of the U.N. forces during the war.

On Sept. 13, the film's extended edition will open in local theaters, according to the distributor. The 141-minute version is about 30 minutes longer than the original film.

The official poster of the extended edition of "Operation Chromite." The new edition is set to open in South Korea on Sept. 13. (Yonhap)

The official poster of the extended edition of "Operation Chromite." The new edition is set to open in South Korea on Sept. 13. (Yonhap)

sshim@yna.co.kr

• 1 month later...

October 21, 2016

Asian World Film Festival to feature five Korean films in L.A.

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 21 (Yonhap) -- The second annual Asian World Film Festival (AWFF) in Los Angeles will showcase five recent South Korean films in a special event, organizers said on Thursday.

Hosted by CJ Entertainment and sponsored by the Korean Cultural Center LA, "Korean Film Days" will be held over one week starting Tuesday (U.S. time), they said.

The event is part of AWFF, which runs from Monday to Nov. 1 at Arclight Theater in Culver City, the Los Angeles location of South Korean multi-screen theater chain CGV.

This image from the "Asian World Film Festival" official website shows a scene from "Operation Chromite," which will be the closing night film on Nov. 1 at the Arclight Theater in Culver City. (Yonhap)

This image from the "Asian World Film Festival" official website shows a scene from "Operation Chromite," which will be the closing night film on Nov. 1 at the Arclight Theater in Culver City. (Yonhap)

The five films are "The Age of Shadows," "Asura," "The Map Against the World," "The World of Us" and "Operation Chromite." "The Age of Shadows" has been submitted as a potential contender for best foreign language film in the Academy Awards and is a nominee for the grand prize at AWFF. "The Map Against the World" and "The World of Us" are nominated for the AWFF Lighthouse Humanitarian Award. "Operation Chromite" is to be the closing night film.

Director Kim Jee-woon of "The Age of Shadows" will attend a special screening for the members of the Academy and Hollywood Foreign Press Association over two days starting next Saturday at the Arclight Theater. Lee Jae-han, the director of "Operation Chromite," is to attend the closing ceremony on Nov. 1.

The annual festival, featuring a total of 20 Asian films this year, launched in 2015 as a chance to showcase Asian films to the public, media, Hollywood industry, and even the Academy, and also to promote Asian filmmakers and directors.

"Considering the outstanding productions and constant growth in overseas expansion, we have decided to coordinate the new program 'Korean Film Days' to solely focus on the films of South Korea," said George Chamchoum, the director of the festival.

Kim Jee-woon, director of potential Oscar contender "The Age of Shadows," stands in front of a poster of his film. (Yonhap)

Kim Jee-woon, director of potential Oscar contender "The Age of Shadows," stands in front of a poster of his film. (Yonhap)

jbokyung1@yna.co.kr

October 24, 2016

Asian World Film Festival to feature 5 Korean films

A still from director Lee Jae-han’s Korean War film “Operation Chromite” (CJ E&M)

The second annual Asian World Film Festival is screening five films from Korea.

The Los Angeles-based event kicked off Monday with the screening of British filmmaker Asif Kapadia’s “Ali and Nino,” which takes place in Azerbaijan during World War I.

Five recent Korean films -- “The Age of Shadows,” “Asura,” “The Map Against the World,” “The World of Us” and “Operation Chromite” -- will be featured throughout the week as part of the newly designed Korean Film Days program in association with CJ Entertainment. 

This year’s event will conclude with a special presentation of Korean War drama “Operation Chromite” on Nov. 1. Additionally, legendary Korean producer Park Keon-seop will be honored with the Cinematic Legacy Achievement Award on the closing night.

Founded last year, the Asian World Film Festival aims to introduce Asian cinema to Los Angeles, a city often referred to as the capital of the film industry. 

By Kim Yu-young (ivykim@heraldcorp.com)

• 2 weeks later...

November 3, 2016

Korea’s top 10 movie stars of 2016

HeraldPOP compiled a list of the top 10 Korean movie stars in terms of their films’ box office sales. 

No. 10: Son Ye-jin (5,861,609 viewers)
No. 9: Yoo Hae-jin (5,868,506 viewers)
No. 8: Lee Jung-jae (7,074,714 viewers)
No. 7: Song Kang-ho (7,499,766 viewers)
No. 6: Oh Dal-soo (8,000,421 viewers)
No. 5: Kwak Do-won (9,472,847 viewers)
No. 4: Kang Dong-won (9,706,695 viewers) 
No. 3: Ha Jung-woo (11,408,347 viewers)
No. 2: Gong Yoo (19,268,927 viewers)
No. 1: Hwang Jung-min (21,909,564 viewers)

There are still 2 more months to go in 2016 so the list could still change.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

December 13, 2016

Jun Ji-hyun stands out on 10 best actors list

Jun Ji-hyun of “The Legend of the Blue Sea” was the only woman who made it on the list of the 10 best actors of 2016, compiled by Gallup Korea. 

The research firm, between Nov. 4 and 25, had run a survey targeting 1,700 Korean men and women above the age of 13 to freely answer their pick of this year’s best two movie stars. 

Actor Hwang Jung-min of “The Violent Prosecutor (2015),” “The Wailing (2016)” and “Asura: The City of Madness (2016)” topped the results.

Following in order were Song Gang-ho of “The Age of Shadows (2016),” Gong Yoo of “Train to Busan,” Ha Jung-woo of “The Handmaiden” and Yoo Hae-jin of “LUCK-KEY.” 

Lee Byung-hun of “Magnificent 7,” Lee Jung-jae of “Operation Chromite,” Jung Woo-sung of “Asura: The City of Madness, Jun Ji-hyun of “The Age of Shadows Assassination” and Ma Dong-suk of “Train to Busan” rounded up the top ten. 

Jun, who came in ninth, was the only female in the list.

A local media outlet commented, “Jun is the pride of the Korean actresses in the largely male-dominant field.“

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com) 

December 16, 2016

Top 10 Korean film actors of 2016 named

By: Jonathan Hicap Manila Bulletin Entertainment

Gallup Korea conducted its year-end poll to pick the top 10 Korean film actors who shone in 2016.

(Clockwise from top left) Hwang Jung Min, Song Kang-ho, Gong Yoo, Ha Jung-woo, Yoo Hae-jin, Lee Byung Hun, Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Jung-jae and Jung Woo Sung. (Photos courtesy of the Korean Film Council) /mb.com.ph
(Clockwise from top left) Hwang Jung Min, Song Kang-ho, Gong Yoo, Ha Jung-woo, Yoo Hae-jin, Lee Byung Hun, Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Jung-jae and Jung Woo Sung. (Photos courtesy of the Korean Film Council)

The poll was conducted among 1,700 Koreans aged 13 years and above from November 4 to 25.

Actor Hwang Jung-min topped the survey, garnering 21.2 percent. He starred in three films this year. “A Violent Prosecutor” and “The Wailing” became box office hits while “Asura: The City of Madness” was a moderate success.

Placing second is Song Kang-ho of “The Age Of Shadows” who got 18.4 percent while Gong Yoo of the No. 1 Korean film “Train To Busan” placed third with 12.7 percent.

They were followed by Ha Jung-woo of “The Handmaiden,” 11.4 percent; and Yoo Hae-jin of “Luck-Key,” 10.8 percent.

Lee Byung-hun starred in “Magnificent 7,” “The Age Of Shadows” and “Misconduct” this year and placed sixth with 9.6 percent.

He was followed by Lee Jung-jae of “Operation Chromite,” 6.3 percent; Jung Woo-sung of “Asura: The City Of Madness,” 6.2 percent; Jun Ji-hyun of “The Assassination,” 5.4 percent; and Ma Dong-seok of “Train to Busan,” 5 percent. Jun Ji-hyun is the only woman in the top 10.

Yoo Ah-in, who topped the poll last year, is not on the list this year.

December 21, 2016

[USA] "Operation Chromite" Starring Liam Neeson Releases Digitally, and on DVD/Blu-ray January 2017

photo798195.jpg

"Operation Chromite" Releases Digitally On January 10, 2017 And On Dvd & Blu-ray On January 24, 2017

Starring Liam Neeson, Lee Jeong-jae, Lee Beom-soo, and Directed by Lee Jae-han

Based on a True Story of the Unsung Heroes of the Korean War

The inspiring and heartwarming South Korean war film, "Operation Chromite" is releasing on iTunes, Sony PlayStation, Amazon Digital and GooglePlay on January 10, 2017, and on DVD and Blu-ray on January 24, 2017 at all major retailers including Walmart and Best Buy. This title is one of South Korea's largest summer blockbusters making over 7 million in admissions. It was also released in theaters across the U.S. and made over $1 million in box office sales. "Operation Chromite" tells the true story of the heroes whose lives were sacrificed in order to turn the tide of the Korean War. Liam Neeson stars as General MacArthur, who led the attack against the North Koreans in the Battle of Incheon, forcing them to retreat out of Seoul.
The seemingly impossible plan is for South Korean Navy Special Forces, Captain Jang Hak-soo and 7 members of the KLO (Korean Liasion Office) unit to disguise themselves as a North Korean inspection unit and infiltrate the North Korean army command center in Incheon. Their mission is complicated and only when they give the signal will General MacArthur be able to successfully initiate the battle to take back Incheon. If they fail, chances of the offensive succeeding is nearly zero.

"Operation Chromite" is directed by Lee Jae-han ("The Third Way of Love", "The Last Stand" "71-Into the Fire", "Sayonara Itsuka" and "A Moment to Remember") and is produced by Jeong Tae-won (the upcoming film "Mulgae", "Triangle - Drama", "71-Into the Fire" and "IRIS"). In addition to Liam Neeson, "Operation Chromite" also stars Lee Jeong-jae as South Korean Captain Jang Hak-soo ("The Assassination", "The New World", "The Thieves" and "The Housemaid - 2010"), Lee Beom-soo as North Korean Commander Lim Gye-Jin ("The Divine Move", "IRIS 2" and "The City of Violence"), and Jin Se-yeon as Han Chae-sun ("Enemies In-Law" and "Doctor Stranger").

PRODUCT BASICS

Digital Street Date: 1/10/17
DVD & Blu-ray Street Date: 1/24/17
Run Time: Feature: Approx. 123 minutes
Rating: R
Genre: Action
Language: Korean (5.1), English Dub
Subtitles: English
Presented in 16x9 widescreen format
Catalog #: DVD: 457CJ / Blu-ray: 458CJ
UPC Code: DVD: 851339004579 / Blu-ray: 851339004586

• 2 weeks later...

happy-new-year-2.gif 

December 31, 2016

December Film Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed  

Source: Soompi by C. Hong 

After announcing brand reputation rankings for drama actors earlier this month, the Korean Business Research Institute announced the rankings for film actors.

From November 30 to December 30, the institute gathered over 72 million pieces of data to evaluate film actors in the areas of branding, media, communication, and community.

Gong Yoo, who starred in the hit film “Train to Busan” and is currently appearing in tvN drama “Goblin,” topped the list with a score of 7,705,239.

Second and third were Kang Dong Won (7,472,214) and Lee Byung Hun (6,871,074).

The full list of rankings is below:

1. Gong Yoo
2..Kang Dong Won
3. Lee Byung Hun
4. Han Hyo Joo
5. Yoo Hae Jin
6. Kim Yoon Suk
7. Jung Woo Sung
8. Kim Soo Hyun
9. Hwang Jung Min
10. Han Ji Min
11. Song Kang Ho
12. Jun Ji Hyun
13. Ha Jung Woo
14. Son Ye Jin
15. Cha Seung Won
16. Oh Dal Soo
17. Kim Hye Soo
18. Lee Beom Soo
19. Jung Jin Young
20. Lee Jung Jae
21. Yoo Ah In
22. Choi Min Sik
23. Jeon Do Yeon
24. Ryu Seung Ryong 

Source (1)

• 3 weeks later...

January 18, 2017

[Upcoming DVD Release] Korean Movie "Operation Chromite"

photo809691.jpg

Korean movie "Operation Chromite" is available to preorder on DVD with English subtitles from YESASIA.

This extended limited edition includes an outbox, double case and hotbook.

photo809690.jpg