Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 3

Guest Yoyo

• Replies 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been posting; but thank you for all the pictures, clip and news.
I am in love with Sohee & Yoobin photoshoot. Some might not like it but I love it. Both girls totally rock their concept and Sohee look totally nice to me. She always have weird concept anyway and so I don't seem why it surprising. Also Yoobin is beautiful, one of the photo is so fierce and somewhat make me think of Beyonce ^O^ I need those pictures in HQ. Also anyone kind of like NO SOHEE SHOWING HER STOMACH. Hahah god the girls hardly show off their body so whenever they do I'm like taken back. Sohee still a baby in my eyes >.<
So happy that they are going to be at some of the year end award shows. :) But can't believe they are about to end their promotion in Korea. -.- Bitter sweet moment.

Tags: http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/, http://ringtonedownloads.mobi/classical-ringtones/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Final post from me to show respect to all members (day 1 to the final day) in this thread and the one and only "Wonder Girls"

[BREAKING] Wonder Girls to disband + release last digital single on their 10th anniversary

By yckim124   3 hours ago   110,078   12,394   210

Wonder Girls will be disbanding this year.

On January 26, JYP Entertainment officially announced the disbandment of Wonder Girls. The announcement states, "After a time of discussion, we have decided on the disbandment of Wonder Girls. Out of the members, Yubin and Lim have renewed their contracts with JYP Entertainment. They plan to show new sides of them in a variety fields including music, acting, and MC-ing. 

Yenny and Sunmi will, unfortunately, be leaving the label, as they wished to walk new paths. To repay the love to the fans who's been by their side with an unchanging love for the past 10 years, they plan to release one last digital single on their 10th anniversary on February 10. 

We, JYP Entertainment, want to thank fans worldwide who've been together with Wonder Girls' throughout their 10-year journey. We will continue to support the improved future of the remaining and parting members. 

Thank you."

Credit : Allkpop

the day has finally come... as expected... the WG brought me into Kpop and now they are leaving as a group. That's the way Kpop operates with groups, come fast and go fast. nothing fans can do about it. Wonderfuls is officially put into history of Kpop. the bad news is the WG disbanded and the good news is they will still stick around individually in Kpop entertainment. the feels for their fans (wonderfuls) are different for the girls from now on.

I guess we will see the girls around but nothing is the same.  best luck to all of them

Wonderfuls are still around but more as an individual fan.  best luck to all of them

Many thanks to all people that have been keeping and administrating this thread for all wonderfuls until these final moments.

Goodbye to the WG and welcome to each individual member as a solo artist.

Stay strong Wonderfuls, February 10th is the day we celebrate the girls one more time :heart:

Hye Rim on Instagram:

"Sorry to all our fans for not being able to tell you earlier. Thanks to all that loved and supported the Wonder Girls for 10 years. I have been happy of being part of the Wonder Girls from 2010 to 2017, and it has been a precious time because I spent it with the Wonder Girls members and the Wonderfuls. Sincerely thank you for being with us until now."

[retranslated from French, credit to WonderGirlsFrance]

Wonder Girls will always be missed :bawling: 
I admit it's hard to see 2nd generation groups disband, but I also feel a sense of pride knowing I was there to watch them grow into the beautiful and talented women they're now. The road ahead might be hard for them as solo, but I hope they continue doing what they love. I'll never forget them:wub: 

• 2 weeks later...

I've ranted and vented enough in private. For the thread I just want to write about the goodness that is their last song.

"Draw Me" is a sweet and gentle ballad, with some wow moments. If I were to use one word to describe it it would be "uplifting".

It is their gift to us, I bet it's been picked from the songs they had prepared for the next album that won't be. Another Wonder Band song, and boy, Yubin at the beginning and Yeeun's bridge are amazing.

Thank you Wonder Girls. :heart:

6 hours ago, JloveWG said:

Does anyone know what'll happen to the unreleased English tracks now?

Ouch

Wake Up

Stay Together

And the possibly recorded Always Without Me

It absolutely breaks my heart knowing these amazing songs were said to be released "very soon" but things just never panned out for our amazing girls!

They'll likely never be released. 

And if they will ever be released, it'll be in like 10-20 years on some special reunion/commemorative album or something..

^

It's sad but I agree. I grieve also for the remaining songs of Reboot's followup album.

---

I didn't tear up yesterday. But when I woke up today I found out about JYP instagram.

Man, you can't fool an ahyussi like you - You wrote it too much politely and graciously, I can read clearly 'I miss you already my loves.' at the beginning. :tongue:

And you had me start a brand new day with the sniffles. Damn!

----

Edit: Translation of Yubin's message to Wonderfuls on fans.jype.com

---

Partial list of friends, businesses and acquaintances wishing well to the Wonder Girls:

JYP, Mark PD, Jane Kim, The iHeartRadio theather NY, Billboard, Fuse TV, Jo Kwon.

---

Billboard's singles ranking and critical take (the underwriting is mine) :)

“I Feel You” (2015)

After member changes and three years out of the limelight, Wonder Girls returned in 2015 with a new, four-member lineup and a song that shook-up their career in the best way possible. “I Feel You” was a transformative song for Wonder Girls as the group went from a dance team to a band. Although it took until their 2016 single for the members to fully participate in the instrumentals on their music, Wonder Girls' 2015 album Reboot was one of the best K-pop albums we've seen in years. The song mimicked ‘80s synthpop in both sound and visual style and was released alongside a music video that took place in 1987.

The sophisticated “I Feel You” featured sultry vocals and twinkling synths that modernized the sound of the '80s without feeling too cheesy. Compared to their earlier retro-infused singles, “I Feel You” was miles ahead of the curve and proved that Wonder Girls were not only still relevant to the K-pop industry, but that were true leaders of the genre.

Credit: Tamar Herman

Complete post: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7685988/every-wonder-girls-single-ranked

Archived