Lee Je Hoon 이제훈

Guest blue_cat

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 27, 2017

MyDaily-MaxMovie: Song Kang Ho with highest ticket power for second consecutive year; Sul Kyung Gu and Ma Dong Seok round up the top 3

Source: MyDaily (ELBH Google-gist)

Celebrating its 13th anniversary, Korean news portal MyDaily, along with movie site MaxMovie, conducted an online survey on movie actors with the best ticket power. A total of 12,690 people participated in the survey that was held from November 3 to November 20. 

201711271341474014_1.jpg

201711271341474014_2.jpg

The final ranking:

1. Song Kang Ho   (25.49%)

2. Sul Kyung Gu   (10.8%)

3. Ma Dong Seok   (5.6%)

4. Ha Jung Woo   (5.4%)

5. Hwang Jung Min   (5.4%)

6. Kang Dong Won   (5.2%)

7. Lee Byung Hun   (4.0%)

8. Choi Min Sik   (3.5%)

9. Ryu Jun Yeol   (2.3%)

10. Lee Je Hoon   (1.9%)

201711271341474014_3.jpg

201711271341474014_4.jpg

201711271341474014_5.jpg

Details of survey participants:

201711271341474014_7.jpg

The list in 2016

Spoiler

201711271341474014_6.jpg

MyDaily-MaxMovie list for movie actresses with the highest ticket power (here)

December 5, 2017

Lee Je Hoon Considers "Hunting Time"

Source: Newsen via HanCinema.net

photo917528.jpg

Lee Je-hoon is considering "Hunting Time" according to his agency Saram Entertainment. It is a film that takes place in the near future when a financial crisis will hit Korea and slums arise as a result. From those areas, a group of young people commit crime to survive.

"Hunting Time" is the latest by director Yoon Sung hyun who debuted in 2011 with "Bleak Night". Lee Je-hoon starred in "Bleak Night" as Ki-tae and made a strong impression on viewers.

If Lee Je-hoon decides to join, he will reuinite with Director Yoon for the first time in six years.

Meanwhile, Lee Je-hoon was recently in the movie "I Can Speak" about a woman who wants to learn English for a very special reason.

• 1 month later...

January 16, 2018

Actor Lee Je-hoon narrates ‘Earth: One Amazing Day’

Actor Lee Je-hoon is the narrator of the Korean version of BBC’s new documentary film “Earth: One Amazing Day.” 

Little Big Pictures, the distributing agency of the film in Korea, announced Tuesday that Lee participated in the narration, displaying the fantasy of nature and life around the world. 

(Little Big Pictures)

The English and Chinese versions of the film are narrated by Robert Redford and Jackie Chan, respectively. 

The film is a prequel to the documentary film “Earth” (2008), which attracted more than 220,000 moviegoers to theaters in Korea. At the time, actor Jang Dong-gun and film director Lee Myung-se were the narrators. 

“Earth: One Amazing Day” is to hit theaters here on Feb. 15. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com

• 4 months later...

https://blog.kpopviral.com/post/174363977141/lee-je-hoon-offered-lead-role-in-upcoming-ocn

Lee Je Hoon Offered Lead Role In Upcoming OCN Drama âPriestâ[[MORE]]Lee Je Hoon has been offered the lead role According to reports, Lee Je Hoon has been offered the lead role in the upcoming OCN drama âPriestâ, a drama directed by Kim Sung-soo who...

Lee Je Hoon Offered Lead Role In Upcoming OCN Drama ‘Priest’

Lee Je Hoon has been offered the lead role

According to reports, Lee Je Hoon has been offered the lead role in the upcoming OCN drama ‘Priest’, a drama directed by Kim Sung-soo who previously directed ‘Save Me’. Lee Je Hoon is said to be currently reviewing the role.

The ‘Priest’ is set to broadcast in the second half of 2018. It is a drama that will combine exorcism and medical elements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

February 24, 2019

'Traveler' captures glimpse of backpacking 

Can JTBC's 'Traveler' distinguish itself through backpacking?

optimize

Actor Ryu Jun-yeol, left and Lee Je-hoon travel Cuba in the new JTBC show "Traveler," which airs on every Thursday at 11 p.m. Courtesy of JTBC

By Kang Aa-young The Korea Times

To distinguish itself from a cluster of travel-themed shows, new JTBC program "Traveler" has found a breakthrough with its fresh format that features the real backpacking journey of two rising stars. 

"Traveler," which ran its first episode on Thursday night, earned an average of 4.2 percent viewership nationwide, according to Nielson Korea. 

Its rating was 2.1 percent, topping the chart among programs aired at the same time. The rating is a viewership index of those in their 20s to 40s that also considers streaming and social media.

The new travel show, starring heartthrobs Ryu Jun-yeol and Lee Je-hoon, is about their backpacking experience in Cuba, with the aim of finding their "true selves" through the journey. 

The first episode showed Ryu's solo journey to Cuba as Lee couldn't join him because of other commitments. After taking off from Seoul and landing in Havana, Ryu struggled to find a proper place to sleep and get internet access.

In Havana, Ryu met a group of Cubans who unexpectedly introduced themselves as K-pop fans,and his clumsy journey brought smiles to viewers.

Amid a flood of cookie-cutter travel shows, director Choi Chang-soo said "Traveler" distinguishes itself because it shows real backpacking experiences.

During a press conference at the JTBC headquarters in Seoul, Thursday, Choi said he has been planning the show for over a decade, when he was an experienced backpacker who dreamt of becoming a director. Co-director Hong Sang-hoon, writers Kim Mut-ji and Wee Sun-im, and Ryu and Lee also attended the event.

"As you can guess from the show's title, 'Traveler' is a show depicting the realistic experience of backpackers," Choi said."I first thought about creating a program when I was traveling Eurasian countries from 2005 to 2006, for about a year and half. After quitting the production of 'Knowing Bros,' the chief allowed me to start making a new show.

"Also, I published a photo book after my journey. It wasn't a best-seller. However, at the end of the book, I wrote a note that I am dreaming of making a television show that combines a trip, youth and love altogether, someday. For me, this is a dream-come-true moment." 

Production staffers are experts in backpacking, according to Choi, especially writers Kim and Wee,who he found online because they were well known for their travel blogs. 

"We two were bloggers who just love travelling, before Choi invited us to join his team," Kim said. "We participated in the production process as if we were just traveling with them."

Without support and help from production staff, Ryu and Lee had the freedom to get an authentic backpacking experience. 

Choi cast Ryu and Lee to satisfy his basic idea of traveling. Ryu is a veteran backpacker, while Lee was picked for his youthful, innocent image."We could only think of Ryu as a lead member," Choi said."We desperately needed a person who knew a lot about backpacking." 

As the show progresses, the duo will show off their friendship, dubbed a "bromance," through their chemistry for being good travel mates.

"Lee was a perfect travel mate," Ryu said."I have never clicked with someone like this before, though I've traveled many times. Lee is someone that anyone would like to travel with." 

Lee said: "When I was first asked to participate in the program, I had mixed feelings ― I had no desire or knowledge about Cuba and I didn't know what to do without a script. It felt like a burden because I've never gone backpacking before. I was able to do this program thanks to Ryu, despite all the struggles. I relied on Ryu a lot." 

When asked how the program distinguishes itself from tvN's travel reality program "Youth Over Flowers," Choi said he focused on depicting the real experience of traveling by showing the processes of finding a place to stay or grabbing a taxi. 

"Unlike previous travel shows, 'Traveler' aims to make viewers feel they are traveling," Choi said."I hope viewers feel that they want to travel like the program. The program is expected to depict how different it is to travel by backpacking rather than with a wheeled suitcase. There are a lot of differences." 

"Traveler" airs every Thursday at 11 p.m.

youngkang@koreatimes.co.kr 

• 2 weeks later...

March 6, 2019

HanCinema's News

Lee Je-hoon and Ryu Jun-yeol Travel to Cuba

Source: HanCinema.net

photo1040914.jpg

JTBC released a behind-the-scenes look at Lee Je-hoon appearance with Ryu Jun-yeol on "Traveler". The video was released on the JTBC YouTube channel on March 6th.

"Traveler", which airs on Thursdays at 11 PM KST, is a variety show about traveling. Lee Je-hoon and Ryu Jun-yeol did some backpack traveling in Cuba and their adventures are being broadcast on the program.

In the behind-the-scenes look, Lee Je-hoon confides that he had not done this kind of traveling before. Consequently, he found the journey difficult. But when it got rough, he felt comforted and thankful in the knowledge Ryu Jun-yeol gave him about how to carry things properly. Ryu Jun-yeol had some prior experience doing backpack traveling in the United States.

When asked what three things he would pack if he could only pick three things, Lee Je-hoon picked sunscreen, mosquito repellant, and Ryu Jun-yeol. Lee Je-hoon smiled and laughed noting that if Ryu Jun-yeol were along, he could easily do this kind of traveling again. If Ryu Jun-yeol would not fit in the bag, Lee Je-hoon's final choice was a cell phone.

When asked where they would want to travel next time, both Lee Je-hoon and Ryu Jun-yeol answered Cuba. They mentioned having fond experiences with the Cubans they met on their trip and discussed the enjoyable prospect of riding horses and seeing Cuban farms.

Written by William Schwartz

• 3 weeks later...

March 23, 2019

Lee Je Hoon And Ryu Jun Yeol Reflect On Their Careers And Acting

Source: Soompi by L. Kim

Lee Je Hoon And Ryu Jun Yeol Reflect On Their Careers And Acting

Lee Je Hoon and Ryu Jun Yeol talked about their careers and passion for acting.

During the most recent episode of JTBC’s “Traveler,” Lee Je Hoon and Ryu Jun Yeol continued their journey in Cuba. The two actors left Havana and headed for Playa Giron. Lee Je Hoon eagerly commented, “I’ve never seen the night sky since I came to Cuba,” and Ryu Jun Yeol added, ” You can really see the stars.”

While traveling to their destination, Lee Je Hoon recalled his past trip to New York, saying, “Korea has so many multiplex theaters, but New York City shows a variety of old movies on a projector. I really like the taste of watching movies with that projector, and it’s classic.”

Then he continued, “I hope it’ll be worth watching my productions after 10, 20, and 30 years. Every time I film, I think the last one I did is the best one.”

Lee Je Hoon shared, “When I first debuted, I was like a blank sheet of paper. However, the more I filmed and brought out my skills, I felt like I had nothing more to do. The more you act, the harder it gets.”

Ryu Jun Yeol responded, “I haven’t been acting for a long time, but I have a life that I’ve built up until the age of 34. My life was concentrated, and the more I did my work, the more I felt like I was writing out my life experience. As I did a lot of work later, I was confused because I didn’t have anything to write out.”

Then he added, “I thought my limitations would show if this continued. But while traveling or having other experiences, I get a lot of new inspiration. When that happens, it feels like a void is being filled.”

Lee Je Hoon said, “It’s important to gain new experiences while taking time off, but I don’t have any special hobbies. When I watch a good movie during hard times, passion suddenly burns in my heart. I feel like I’m gaining experiences while watching movies.”

lee-je-hoon-ryu-jun-yeol.jpg

Source (1)

• 1 year later...

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/04/29/movies/이제훈-Lee-Jehoon-netflix/20200429194000223.html

For Lee Je-hoon, movies are more than acting

April 29, 2020

Lee Je-hoon [NETFLIX]
Lee Je-hoon [NETFLIX]

One advantage of a film being released on Netflix is to be able to get feedback from fans around the world at the same time. As a film maniac who loves to talk about movies, actor Lee Je-hoon could not have been happier with the feedback about “Time to Hunt.”  

After a long wait, director Yoon Sung-hyun’s film was made available on the global streaming platform Thursday. Although the film did not get a theatrical premiere and arrived on a smaller screen than he originally expected, Lee could not believe his luck when Netflix picked up the film.    

“I wasn’t too worried about the delay because the film was ready to be released, and it wasn’t going to disappear anytime soon just because we couldn’t show it,” Lee said in an online interview Tuesday. “But I was so happy that the film could finally be seen not only by the local audience but also global viewers through Netflix. I’m a subscriber myself, and it’s such a huge part of my life - I don’t know how I would live without it.    

“I still consider our film very lucky to be able to be shown at all, considering current circumstances,” Lee said. “I think our era is changing and the film industry along with it. If people expected a film to be made in a certain way before - for instance, screen time has to be at least two hours - now such standards have disappeared. Even a three-minute clip can be considered a film, and we’re in the middle of that change. As an artist I see that I have to be more flexible and adapt to this different environment.”  

“Time to Hunt” is Lee’s second collaboration with director Yoon after “Bleak Night” (2011). Although both the actor and the director were rookies back then, the film got good reviews for portraying the complexity of relationships between high school friends.    

“In ‘Bleak Night,’ the character Ki-tae was also under a lot of strain that comes from when friendships go sour,” Lee said. “It was a portrayal of our [human] weakness, and the same goes for ‘Time’ as well. But on top of that I had to be placed in this extreme fear and terror as I was running to save my life - and that was certainly difficult.”  

The actor tried to bring to mind his own terrified moments to get into character.    

“I’ve hardly had any near-death experiences,” Lee said. “But I tried to remember moments when I was in water and felt panic, like I would drown, or the times when I lost balance and nearly fell over.” 

In a scene from ’Time to Hunt.“ Jun-seok (played by Lee Je-hoon), far left, and his friends discuss how to rob a gambling place. [NETFLIX]
In a scene from ’Time to Hunt.“ Jun-seok (played by Lee Je-hoon), far left, and his friends discuss how to rob a gambling place. [NETFLIX]

As the director emphasized in a press event on January, much of the drama in the film is left up to the audience’s imagination. Details like how Korea became a dystopia or why the four friends are ex-convicts are missing. It’s as if the audience has been dropped in the middle of the story, and the film makes them focus on the thrill of the chase. Almost half of the screen time involves the friends being chased by the hunter Han.    

“It’s a simple film, and some might simply view it as a psychological thriller, but metaphorically speaking, I think Han could be seen as a God, or the world itself,” Lee said. “And at the end when Lee decides to go back to Korea to face him again, even after he reached his own Utopia, I think it was his way of coming face-to-face with the world. Even if you try to avoid it and escape, you have to face it someday because we have to move on with our lives. No one knows what’s to come in the future - what’s important is how we face it.  

“That’s what I believe Jun-seok realized at the end - no matter how scary or risky it is - even though it could cost his life, he wanted to move forward,” Lee said.    

The actor also talked about his own personal idea of Utopia.  

“I think my own Utopia is now, when I get to show films [that I’ve been part of] and discuss it with the masses,” Lee said. “I know that some people might love it as well as hate it, but even then, I love it when we can share our viewpoints and interpretations, filling out the plot holes and details that we might have missed. I just love this whole process, which is why I was so excited for the film to be streamed on Netflix. I’m closely following all the responses.  

“If I could become super rich, one day I would like to build a cinematheque - a place where people can see films and hold lots of panel discussions,” Lee said. “I just love those moments when people become magically entranced with a film, and I dream that someday that sort of cinematic platform could be created.”  

His passion for films led the actor to start a film production company Hard Cut with producer Kim Yoo-kyung and director Yang Kyung-mo last October.    

“I asked myself what kind of life I would lead if somehow I couldn’t act anymore, and films were all I could think of,” Lee said. “I don’t care [about acting] as long as I’m part of the filmmaking process. I’m not sure what kind of outcome I would be able to show, but I will do my best to create content that can mean something. I hope people would cheer for the path I chose.”    

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1399004wpp/56th-baeksang-arts-awards-announces-nominees-for-tv-and-film-categories

Congratulations to our beloved Lee Je Hoon for his first nomination of 2020. Let's hope there are more to come for this golden year of his.

Best Actor

• Song Kang Ho – “Parasite”
  • Lee Byung Hun – “The Man Standing Next”
  • Lee Je Hoon – “Time to Hunt”
  • Jo Jung Suk – “E.X.I.T”
  • Han Suk Kyu – “Forbidden Dream”

Archived