DotA2 (Currently Closed BETA)

GOOMBA

So I'm sure many of you have played DotA... DotA2 has been out for awhile with tournys, clips and now the official closed beta has opened to those who were chosen in the invite list. The official game won't be released to Valve/Steam until 2012. Anyone from Soompi got in the BETA list and can give a review?

ps.ifyouhaveakeyicanbuy,PMme :ph34r:

So I'm sure many of you have played DotA... DotA2 has been out for awhile with tournys, clips and now the official closed beta has opened to those who were chosen in the invite list. The official game won't be released to Valve/Steam until 2012. Anyone from Soompi got in the BETA list and can give a review?

ps.ifyouhaveakeyicanbuy,PMme :ph34r:

Um, DotA2... eh, it's practically like DotA1. The graphics are more toony and they combined all the shops into 1, except for the secret shop ofc. Matchmaking system is definitely better than League of Legends. They record your win/lose ratio and I think that's it. Nothing much has changed.

In rating of difficulty to play:

DotA > DotA2 > HoN > LoL

• 2 months later...

I think Dota 2 > Dota > HoN > LoL - Played 5 games now :)

If I want something easy - I'll play a little bit of LoL. But Dota 2 is awesomeeee!

You can watch people play - their mouse movements etc, while waiting for a game to start, and have conversations, and post in the beta forums, and so much more! I'm really looking forward to everything they implement!

Anyways I'm more focused on being a real beta tester and commenting on character models, bugs (haven't found any - besides one), and audio/music etc.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest dolljjang

nuuuh, I like DotA better than DotA2. mostly bcuz of the hero mold, yeah. a warcraft skin/hero mold for specific heroes are far much better. Let's say Magina. he looks damn ugly in DotA2. *cries*

• 2 months later...

Archived