TV Show: I Live in Cheongdamdong
Hangul: 청담동 살아요
Broadcast Network: jTBC
Release Date: December 5, 2011
Run Time: Monday - Friday 8:05 PM
Writer: Park Hae Yeong
Director & Producer: Kim Seok Yoon

SYNOPSIS

Ji Eun (Oh Ji Eun) is thrilled to hear that her mother, Hye Ja (Kim Hye Ja), is moving to Cheongdam neighborhood. Hye Ja & Ji Eun lived in the suburbs for their whole lives. Ji Eun dreams of living a luxurious life, but her reality is quite different. The house they move into is on the 2nd story of a building which looks like it will collapse. The first floor of the building is a comic book shop and the second floor is a lodging house. Their building is located between luxurious buildings in Cheongdam neighborhood.

MAIN CAST

Kim Hye Ja
Oh Ji Eun
Hyun Woo
Lee Sang Yeob
Lee Bo Hee
Seo Seung Hyeon
Yoo Da In
Jung Yunho (Cameo)

NEWS & INFORMATION

Oh Ji Eun Comes Back as 'Cheongdamdong Mom' with Kim Hye Ja
'Chungmuro Blue Chip' Yoo Da In Chosen for jTBC's "I Live in Cheongdamdong"
Yunho To Make Cameo Appearance In Kim Hye Ja’s First Sitcom “Living In Cheongdam-Dong”
U-Know Yunho, Surprise Cameo Appearance In “Living In Chungdam-Dong” ~ Anticipation Levels Rise
DBSK's Yunho Makes Surprise Cameo in Sitcom as a Selfish Hallyu Star
Cast & Characters Description
The Only General Service Program that was Over 1%... "Fermented Family" Collapses
I Live in Cheongdam-dong Viewership Ratings Continue Rising Trend

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
(Click to View)

OST

LaLa Life - J.J.
청담동 살아요 - 신용남
꿈꾸는 청담 - 그네

Credits: AsianMediaWiki

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebulli3nt, thanks a million for creating this new thread.  Appreciated.

Synopsis:

'The house they move into is on the 2nd story of a building which looks like it will collapse.'

Looking at the picture above, the house looks fine to me. 

I'm looking forward to watching it.

Amidst news that TVXQ member U-Know Yunho will be making a surprise cameo appearance in JTBC’s daily sitcom “Living In Chungdam-dong”, anticipation levels are rising.

On November 25 at 2 p.m. KST, the production crew of “Living In Chungdam-dong” held a production report conference in the studio of Joongang Ilbo’s headquarters in central Seoul for JTBC’s daily sitcom “Living In Chungdam-dong” and revealed a “highlights” video of the sitcom.

In the video where actress Kim Hye Ja, who has been affectionately nicknamed “National Mum”, actors Hyun Woo and Lee Sang Yeob were seen passionately acting, U-Know Yunho made a sudden appearance, causing everybody at the production report conference to be taken by surprise.

In the drama, U-Know Yunho takes on the role of a Hallyu star who has incurred late payment fees for not returning comic books on time at the comic book rental store operated by Kim Hye Ja, causing everybody at the production report conference to burst into laughter upon seeing his portrayal of being humiliated in the drama.

The director of “Living In Chungdam-dong”, Kim Seok Yun said, “The  comic book rental store which Kim Hye Ja sunbae-nim operates in the drama is situated in Chungdam-dong, and the drama sets the store up as being frequented by Hallyu stars. We have also lined up more stars to make special appearances in the future. We hope that everybody will look forward to it.”

Although “Living In Chungdam-dong” has its address in Chungdam-dong, it is primarily a family sitcom about Hye Ja, her family members, and their boarders living in humble conditions in an old 2-storey building which has not been redeveloped, and their twists and turns of living in Chungdam-dong. Actress Kim Hye Ja, actor Hyun Woo, and singer Jo Kwan Woo take on roles in the drama, gathering much buzz. The director is Kim Seok Yun, who had directed the movie “Detective K – Secret Of Virtuous Widow”.

Director Kim explained, “In Kim Hye Ja’s notebook, there were many names of Hallyu stars jotted down in a crammed fashion. We were liaising for the first cameo appearance and it was really difficult to make a decision. We have lined up Hallyu stars to present a steady stream of cameo appearances.”

To commemorate JTBC’s opening, the sitcom “Living In Chungdam-dong” will portray the joyful and heartwarming stories of the realities of people living with humble conditions despite living in Seoul’s most glamorous central district, Chungdam-dong. This sitcom will have its first broadcast on December 5.

Source:

osen + newsen

Translated by: CTVXQstaff_mug_ping @ ContinueTVXQ.com

Distributed by: CTVXQstaff_mug_ping @ ContinueTVXQ.com

Ebulli3nt, thank you, thank you so much!  I've been waiting for their press conference. 

Oh Ji Eun is so pretty.  Lee Bo Hee looks so young.  And I love Kim Hye Ja.

But wait, why no Hyun Woo and Lee Sang Yeob's pictures in it?

Semi-fly, please upload this drama for us.  HANrel, can, please?  Thank you in advance.

Hope some kind souls will subs it for us. 

Also hoping to see more celebrity stars as guests appearance, borrowing books from the comics store. 

Yunho must have been told off by Kim Hye Ja for returning the comic books late.  Haha...  Can't wait to see his embarrassment as a Hallyu star. 

I love the huge poster behind them.

Not much promotion and news have been given in this drama, unlike Qeen Insoo,  Padam Padam and Fermentation Family.  When I've first come across it, I thought it would be aired next year.  But to my surprise, it'll be premiered on 5 December which is very fast.  Nevertheless, I will definitely follow this drama. 

ALL THE BEST TO THE ARTISTES INVOLVED. 

Ebulli3nt and Miquel09, thank you so much for the pictures.  They are really nice.

Semi-fly, greatly appreciated your help and effort by putting the torrent files over here.  It's easier to download the episodes using torrent than megaupload.  At present, I am downloading ArigaTo 720p file which is not big, it does not exceed >1gb.  Besides, the video is much clearer too.  Thank you so much.

The files at Am-addiction - the sound and picture do not synch in some episodes which can be quite upsetting to watch.  Still, I appreciated their willingness to share this sitcom with us.

I have watched up to ep 6.  I must say, I've enjoyed this sitcom so far.  Kim Hye Ja is funny.  Oh Ji Eun is pretty and cute.  And Lee Sang Yeob is handsome.  Lee Sang Yeob and Oh Ji Eun look good together; he's like a white knight to her.  But Hyun Woo is like a hero to her too.  I wonder if Sang Yeob is beginning to like Ji Eun or it could be that he's merely finding her funny and cute.  Afterall, he already has a girlfriend.  And being a  Piace's employee, Sang Yeob is using her to help him with his errands.  It's kind of awkward for Ji Eun to have shown her 'funny' or 'ugly' sides to Sang Yeob when she is trying hard to behave like an elite.  I was not impressed with Hyun Woo initially but he has slowly grown on me.  But I still prefer Sang Yeob to Hyun Woo.  So, who will eventually get the girl, Ji Eun?

I disliked the three musketeers, the 3 men with the 'criminal look', sharing the same room, and would fast forward their scenes.  But when I watched the complete episodes, from beginning to end, they are actually quite fun to watch.  But I'm still not impressed with Lee Bo Hee's character, Hye Ja's actress sister.

Although living in an expensive city, Cheongdamdong, and being poor, must the mother and daughter (Hye Ja and Ji Eun) resort to trying hard to behave like elites?  At the end of the day, they are not happy.  I feel sorry for them.  Don't they feel humiliated by people around them?  Even the staff look down on them.  I hope they will start to live a life they belong to, happy and carefree, ignoring those who spite on them.  

Unlike most dramas who can be quite frustrating to watch, with evil people around them, hurting them, this sitcom is fun and enjoyable.  I wish that some kind souls would eng-subs it so that we get to appreciate this sitcom even better.

Looking forward to watching ep 7 tonight / tomorrow.  And I'm glad that this sitcom is aired nightly, and not in the morning as reported earlier.  Although it has more than 1% which I've thought is low, but then, for cable tv, having more than 1% viewership, is considered good already, especially so when the tv station is fairly new.

I don't know how many episodes this sitcom is going to have.  Maybe the production team is observing on the viewership to decide on it.  Nevertheless, I must say, 'well done and keep fighting!'  I'm definitely gonna glued myself in this sitcom nightly, after Smile, Dong Hae.

The trailer:

http://home.jtbc.co....s_id=EP10010044

Archived