[Movie 2011] Sunny/Sseo-ni 써니

FemaleQuixote

26 april 2012, Sora is present at 48th Paeksang Art Award. Sora opted for a blue printed gown from Salvatore Ferragamo Spring/Summer 2012 collection. Her loook was accessorized with purple sandals and a striped clutch from the same collection.   

cr as tagged via SusieGybZ
class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px 50px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; clear: both;"Sora wins Paeksang Popularity Award for her role in "Sunny".
  cr HicriBlog
Translation of Sora Speech by Hanyi
img_3971-c2bbc3a7c2bac2bb.jpg?w=463&h=cr as tagged
Sora’s fans shouted loud and cut Sora’s speech, so the MC asked the fans to say it again and the fans said “Kang Sora, we love you !”.Sora : “First of all, I would like to thank all my fans. Really, (Sunny has) good director, good script and good production team so (we have) outstanding result. And, I will study hard. Thank you very much !

It is interesting that when the male MC said “let’s start with our “maknae (youngest)” Park Shin Hye”, Park said shyly that Sora and her are at the same age and so there are two maknaes on stage.

After everyone had given their speech of thanks, the MC interviewed each oth them. Sora was asked that among all the actors who attended the ceremony, whom she would like to partner with and in what kind of movie. Sora thought for a second and chosen Choi Min Sik (an actor sonbaenim with very high reputation in Korean movie industry). I could not hear properly what genre of movie she would like to work with Choi, but the MC said something like Romance! (somebody please correct if I am wrong). Choi welcomed to work with Sora. When Jang Geun Suk was asked which actress he would like to work with, he chose Sora because he had worked with Park Shin Hye already.

c2b9c3a9c2bbc3b3-teaser.jpg?w=1250&h=

cr as tagged

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Red Carpet Event : 2011 Style Icon Awards

Possibly the most stylish event of the year, the 2011 Style Icon Awards (SIA) was held on November 3 at 8:00 PM at the CJ E&M Center in Seoul. The best dressed and most stylish top celebrities attended this event. (...) The 2011 SIA is an awards ceremony that chooses the top stars who create a new paradigm for styles and trends and was covered by many media outlets such as onStyle, XTM, Olive, tvN, Mnet and more. Here is the list of the winners of the 2011 SIA :

Style Icon of the Year – Cha Seung Won (...) Content of the Year – the film, “Sunny(...) 

The glamorous Kang So Ra, also in a simple black mini dress. (...) Park Jin Joo from the film, “Sunny,” shyly steps on the red carpet, also in all black. (...) Actress Kim Min Young also from the film, “Sunny” impresses the crowd with her angelic, white mini dress. (...) 

120F63404FF14CE1133355 cr : Soompi and http://blog.daum.net/e114309/10

The 3 actresses during the Ceremony [cr : as tagged and SusieGybZ] 

[TV Daily News] ‘Style Icon Awards 2011′ in the film ‘Sunny’ Cast of ‘New Icon’ Award.

‘Sunny’ movie was loved by a whole generation and reached about 730 million people who watched it.

Finally, when Sora get the microphone in front of the people she said “I was so excited, and I want dancing for saying that..” end of said middle witty dance scene, bringing cheers from the audience was lively.

Kang Sora said “thanks to actor, staff, and to the fans,” she happily revealed gratitude.

cr : TV Daily 

Kang Sora, on the red carpet of Buil Film Awards 2011 (7 october) - she wins the award of the Best New Actress for "Sunny".

10367151_631869386908644_707623968004227cr as tagged

cr as tagged 

[2011] Backstage MOVIE "SUNNY" Thank you @kirane for the video !

cr as tagged

Thank you @ChoonHee21 for the informationQ&A with Director (Kang Hyung Chul) & Cast of "Sunny" 
(Sora Parts) 

Q&A for "Sunny" took place after a screening of the movie at the 2011 Busan International Film Festival on October 7, 2011.
Kang Sora - Hi, I'm Kang Sora who played teenage Chun Hwa. I thought I wouldn't say hi anymore for this movie, but I am glad that it is playing again and I have the opportunity to say hi again. 

Audience Question - I watched "Sunny" a total of 3 times. Twice the the regular theater version and once the director's cut. My question is for the actresses that played the teen characters. After watching "Sunny," for the first time I looked up the ages of the actresses. You are young. The time era of your characters was before your time. Any difficulties portraying your characters because of this?

Kang Sora - No difficulties at all. During the filming we had a lot of fun. We didn't have our memories to rely on so everything felt new to us. 

Audience Question - This question is for Kang Sora who played teen Chun-Hwa. The movie has quite a few violent scenes. You seemed to kick and punch well. Did you like doing that?

Kang Sora - I like watching that stuff in movies, but I've never tried that before. During filming I got tired, but I relived my stress by doing a lot of those scenes. 

Audience Question - Chun Hwa read a martial arts novel during class. I've also read that Kang Sora likes to read martial arts novel in real life. I'm curious if it was a coincidence or was that scene added after the casting of Kang Sora? Also, how close is Kang Sora to the character of Chun Hwa?

Kang Sora - When I auditioned for the role I mentioned that I liked to read martial arts novels. Kang Hyung-Chul already had that idea for the character of Choon-Hwa. During filming, I became like 90% of the character Chun-Hwa. Nowadays, I think we're like 20% similar. 

Audience Question - Two actresses played one character. I would like to know what efforts the two actresses did to have consistent characters?

Kang Sora - I'm so honored to have gotten help from Jin Hee Kyung. She focused on my side. Thanks to the adult Chun Hwa, the teen Chun-Hwa became a great character.

Jin Hee Kyung - Thanks to Kang Sora, the character Chun Hwa turned out even better. We also resemble each other. Before the movie, I had long hair and as I was cast for the movie I told the director that I would have my haircut. The director liked that a lot. Also, Kang Sora had her hair cut. Those details helps out a lot. Kang Sorabegan filming her scenes first. So I referred to her acting in the beginning. She did a great job.

Cr & Source: asianwiki.com

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

October 27, 2016

Hollywood remake of 'Sunny' under production

SEOUL, Oct. 27 (Yonhap) -- South Korean hit film "Sunny" will be remade in the U.S., the original film's production company CJ Entertainment said Thursday.

The company is currently engaged in the production process with RatPac Entertainment, run by Brett Ratner, the well known director of the “Rush Hour” film series.

As for the script, Heather Hach, who wrote the 2003 remake of American comedy film “Freaky Friday” is in charge. The director has yet to be chosen.

The original "Sunny," directed by South Korean auteur Kang Hyung-chul, tells the story of a group of middle-aged women, or "ajummas" in Korean, who come together after being apart for 25 years. The film of the reunited women who went to high school together, gained huge popularity upon its release in 2011, attracting over 7 million viewers and fueled a retro trend in the country.

A still image from the South Korean film "Sunny" provided by CJ Entertainment. (Yonhap)

A still image from the South Korean film "Sunny" provided by CJ Entertainment. (Yonhap)

yujeoungkr@yna.co.kr

sunny.jpg

sunny2.jpg

Article: Movie 'Sunny' to get a Hollywood remake

Source: Herald Pop via Naver

1. [+2,872, -21] I wonder how they'll recreate that specific mood the movie has... what if they change it to a teen comedy movie?

2. [+2,343, -31] Not sure how they'll express all of the intricate swearing the movie has...

3. [+1,992, -53] How will they express the intricate Korean swears?.. I honestly think Korea has the best swears

4. [+1,284, -19] Can't wait to see how they recreate the SNSD battle scene ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+994, -15] Excited for the Hollywood remake since I especially enjoyed the original! Hope it does well!

6. [+120, -0] So many actresses hit it big off of this movie. Shim Eun Kyung, Kang Sora, Park Jin Joo, Chun Woo Hee...

7. [+94, -1] As for the Korean swears, I'm sure there's a lot of American swears with enough soul and flow to compensate

8. [+75, -2] I don't think it'll work considering the movie is heavily based off of Korean sentiments... It'll end up like a 'Glee' type of drama.

9. [+56, -1] I've noticed that most of the Hollywood remakes of Korean movies end up in the hands of nugu directors who cast nugu actors and turn it into a flop... You can tell just by how much they ruined 'Old Boy'..

10. [+50, -3] You have to admit that Korean swears are the most intricate and just stick to your tongue out of any swears in the world.... ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/10/hit-movie-sunny-to-get-hollywood-remake.html

• 2 weeks later...

November 3, 2016

Brett Ratner to Produce SUNNY Remake
Hollywood Looks to Popular Korean Youth Comedy

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

The popular Korean youth film Sunny (2011) is getting the Hollywood remake treatment. CJ Entertainment, the company behind the original, has teamed up with RatPac Entertainment, the shingle of long-time Rush Hour director Brett Ratner to produce the film, while Heather Hach is on board to adapt the screenplay. 

From director KANG Hyoung-chul and considered responsible for launching the career of popular young star SHIM Eun-kyoung, Sunny was a sleeper hit in the spring of 2011, clocking up over 7.36 million viewers (USD 47.36 million) over the course of a few months. KANG previously helmed Scandal Makers (2008), another smash hit, and went on to make the con artist thriller sequel Tazza-The Hidden Card (2014). 

Meanwhile, SHIM increased her fanbase with Lunar New Year family comedy Miss Granny in 2014 and is currently involved in several new projects, including the recently released comedy Queen of Walking.

The story follows a group of middle-aged women who get back together 25 years after high school when one of them falls ill, and tells most of its story through flashback. A young CHUN Woo-hee also featured in the film. 

In addition to the Rush Hour series, Brett Ratner is well known for having made Red Dragon (2002), X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) and more. Hach is no stranger to remakes, having penned the update of Freaky Friday in 2003.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Cast Of “Sunny” Reunite At Min Hyo Rin And Taeyang’s Wedding

The cast members of “Sunny” recently gathered together at co-star Min Hyo Rin’s wedding to BIGBANG’s Taeyang on February 3.

The film “Sunny” was released in 2011, and the actresses from the cast have been known to maintain a close friendship for the past seven years. The cast members uploaded several photos from Min Hyo Rin’s wedding to their personal social media accounts, proving their long-standing friendship.

Kang Sora uploaded a photo from the wedding with the simple hashtags “happywedding” and “sunny.”

Kim Bo Mi uploaded two photos, with the caption, “Congrats on your wedding Hyo Rin. Guys, let’s get married one by one.”

Kim Min Young also uploaded photos of the cast from the party. She wrote, “We met at the beginning of our 20s, but the front number has already changed. The day our oldest sister is getting married. Hyo Rin, all I can say is you looked like a doll. Our brother-in-law is Taeyang. All my love and blessings to the very lovely couple. Let’s all find our own Taeyang as well. So who’s next in line?”

Park Jin Joo wrote, “These lovely people will get more precious as time goes by, right? Congrats on your marriage, Hyo Rin. Let’s be really, really happy.”

The rest of the cast uploaded the same photos to their Instagram accounts.

Kim Ye Won wrote, “A truly beautiful wedding. Everything was beautiful. I sincerely bless and cheer on the two, who were more beautiful than anybody else, with all of my heart. Also, those of us who gathered together were beautiful as well.”

Nam Bo Ra’s caption read, “At the wedding of Hyo Rin, who’s usually pretty but was especially pretty this day. Congratulations!” She added the hashtags “Who’s next in line?” and “The day the oldest sister got married.”

Chun Woo Hee’s caption stated, “Hyo Rin, congrats on your marriage, be happy. A beautiful time for two lovely people. A fun time with the ‘Sunny’ cast for the first time in awhile, thanks to [you two].”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/05/cast-sunny-reunite-min-hyo-rin-taeyangs-wedding/  

Actress Nam Bo Ra looked back on her long-time friendship with the cast of 'Sunny'.

On February 6 KST, Nam Bo Ra posted a recent photo of the girls reunited at Taeyang-Min Hyo Rin's wedding and a poster of the 2011 popular slice-of-life film starring Shim Eun Kyung, Kang So Ra, Chun Woo Hee, and more.

The caption read, "Released in 2011. It's now 2018. It has been 7 years since I worked on 'Sunny'.  8 years and counting, unbelievable."

She continued, "Though we all met on the movie set back in 2010, I am so thankful that we were able to keep in touch during the past 8 years."  And added, "We met up a few days ago at Hyo Rin unnie's wedding and chatted away...I decided to search for the movie poster and the tagline 'At the most glorious moment. We became one' really hit me hard...I am grateful to have met such great friends."

It's great to see their friendship still going strong after many years!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/cast-of-sunny-reunite-after-8-years-at-taeyang-min-hyo-rins-wedding 

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Actress Kang So Ra revealed how she was cast in her breakthrough role in the 2011 hit movie 'Sunny'.

On the January 11th episode of 'Knowing Brothers', Kang So Ra shared her method for getting cast by audition despite fierce competition. She said, "I wanted to take the audition as relaxed as possible, so I put the director's photo as my computer desktop background. I greeted it every day, so I wouldn't be nervous."

The actress continued, "All directors' profile photos make them look very seriously, but when I saw him in person, he was actually really adorable. That's why I couldn't stop laughing to the point I couldn't act. I was cast because I cracked up laughing."

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2020/01/actress-kang-so-ra-reveals-how-she-was-cast-in-her-breakthrough-movie-role-in-sunny

• 1 month later...

Archived