[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

This is purely my observation but i have seen no indication that Bokyung like Hwon romantically.

Yes, she want his heart as well, but to me, it is only because it's part of the package (of her being the Queen), she feel justify that she should also have his heart.That does not mean that she necessarily in love with him. As you said, there is no reason for her to be. Unless, she just like him because he's an A-hole to her and she has a masochistic streak.As she said a couple times, Yeonwoo is dead and she 'belong' here (her position as Queen). That means, she want whatever YeonWoo had with Hwon because she feel "it" belong to her.

I don't think she even know the feeling of love. She's queen because her father programmed her to desire that. I actually pity her in an ironic way. She's evil just because she doesn't know otherwise. She want things that she think she 'suppose' to have. Her desire is, in a sense, not even real because it doesn't really come from her. It's not like her dad sit her down with a pep talk about dreaming to become a great person some day. She is, every sense, only her dad's tool to power. But I'm not saying her hand is clean or that she is not responsible for her actions. I just find that her character is rather 2-dimensional and could have developed more. But too much complexity doesnt make for good entertainment to some, so they rather keep her in a simple cut-out antagonist wayt. She is just because she is.

P.S Hi~ sorry i'm new here. just couldnt help myself. Not much of a poster before but this drama have me hooked and i'm on board

Very well said. I couldn't agree more. And I think that's why I feel more sorry for her than any of the characters, because it's not what she wants. Bokyung doesn't really know what she wants, and because of that, she's stringed along as a tool and in the end, receive no affection from Hwon. I really want her to in some way, redeem herself at the end, because as a child, she wavered between how she really felt and how her father wanted her to feel-well, at least, that's what I thought. Well, in the book, they did say she suicide/kill herself. :phew:

Anyways. I said I was doing a mini project. I am done, it's not the best, but oh well.

The Moon That Embraces The Sun Fanmade MV

Maybe I will make another one later. Later, later on. With Yangmyung and Yeonwoo only.

Maybe. :)

I cried, again, making this mv.

^

actually ,it could be because she was scheduled to film the drama right after filming and promoting her movie,that could be a factor, having needed to devote her time and commitment for both.And since there were so much anticipation and then love (after the airing)for the drama,it wasn't an ideal thing to do .But there's no point crying over what's done,and i'm still hopeful and excited for today's episode.Tho i really hope she will try her best not to be influenced..i have seen it happened in dramas.Never ends well,for the drama or the actress.

And i hope they play wheesung's ost today! :)

Guest truong.michelle

Hi all!!

First time commenting but been lurking here a while. THIS DRAMA IS SO ADDICTIVE!! I must be sick. The preview of ep 8 took my breath away, when YM held YW and the longing in his gaze. It's so hard to ship Hwon-Yeon Woo when the second lead is that good!! Can't wait for tonight's episode. Then another painful 5 day wait..=(

KSH never fails to deliver in every scene! The bath scene will surely make it to the headline!!

With reference to HGI’s acting during the scene with Hwon and Woon, I believe it is just the right emotion, bewilderment. I don’t expect her to act the same emotions as Hwon. He is longing for someone he truly loves and he is hoping that it is her. It’s true that she is now beginning to have a glimpse of what happened in her past but she simply thought of it as a shaman’s vision which is logical as she lives like a shaman for the past eight years and she was led to believe that NK found her on the street because she was chosen by God to be a shaman.

One thing I can complain about is they should have made the emotional first meeting scene between Wol and HWon longer in order to capture more of Wol's emotions.

As for the preview, whaaa! Iljimae is that you???!!! Please don’t make it hard for me to keep shipping for Hwon.. hehehe! Can’t wait for episode 8! PUPPY WOL is making her way back to the arms of her rightful owner ….HWON. :wub::wub:

--------------

PS: I don't know if I am getting this right but I think HGI's acting controversy has something to do with the competition. I mean they don't know who are really posting on those boards. The show is doing GREAT and it is killing competition. I mean, the other shows are just receiving less than 9% rating while METS is almost in its 30%. They cannot complain about anything but I believe she is the easiest target of criticisms in order to tone down the rating. I don't think they truly watched the show. Why? One thing I am absolutely sure of is all of us here watched it and almost everybody has the same opinion regarding HGI's acting, I never saw any of the comments here saying that she performed bad. I read all the recaps in both koala and dramabeans and softy and they sure judged her with a passing mark. I hope you get what I mean. anyway, I hope these issues will make them strive harder. One last word, I do believe that they cannot put a good show down! :angry:

Sorry about my ranting, I guess it is the side effect of seeing the conspiracy between the evil Queen and ministers.. hehe!

Guest mzxliddoxshortie

I have a question. Why doesn't Seol, who's witnessed Yeon-woo's "resurrection," speak up to anyone (ie. Yeon-woo's family) about the truth of the entire situation?

Guest itsyogurllina

I have a question. Why doesn't Seol, who's witnessed Yeon-woo's "resurrection," speak up to anyone (ie. Yeon-woo's family) about the truth of the entire situation?

it could be because nok young told seol not to tell anyone or possibly have threatened her somehow. That's my guess. ^^"

hello! new reader here! i've been lurking around but i HAD to post when i read about han ga in's acting controversy!

i find it unfair to her because personally, i think she did a great job!

I agree that there was a lack of emotion, but at this point, she doesn't recollect everything.

i really hope viewers give her another chance :(

I think to protect Yeon woo from the Queen and enemy...if you watch from the very beggining you can understand why she doesn'st speak anything...

Guest ginny_potter

^I read the whole article last night after the show and some netizens are disappointed with HanGain's portrayal. They think that she didn't study her role well, that she's lacking depth that it became a problem for her to connect to the audience. Some said that maybe she's nervous because it's her first time acting in a sageuk drama. Aren't they being too harsh? I mean, HanGaIn did well in last night's episode! Give her a chance! Gahhh~ ㅠㅠ Am I the only one being sensitive about this? ㅋㅋㅋ

We just can't please everybody that's all. :D

But yeah, some people just don't realize that this is probably the first time majority of the grown-ups have worked together in a series. Have anyone of them been castmates before? Like them sharing some scenes together? I doubt that, right? And the scenes we've seen last night we're probably the first ones they ever shot together as a group for MoonSun. So it is but natural that there is still an air of awkwardness between them. Give them an episode or two and they'll definitely settle into their roles and own it.

Guest wizengamot

thanks for this. I THINK THIS PIC IS PROOF ENOUGH TO DISMISS ANY NEGATIVE CONTROVERSY AGAINST GA IN'S ACTING.

just by this single expression you can see multiple emotion. the confusion of as to why she was shedding tears in the first place and the incomprehensible sadness.

Guest arathegreat

We just can't please everybody that's all. :D

But yeah, some people just don't realize that this is probably the first time majority of the grown-ups have worked together in a series. Have anyone of them been castmates before? Like them sharing some scenes together? I doubt that, right? And the scenes we've seen last night we're probably the first ones they ever shot together as a group for MoonSun. So it is but natural that there is still an air of awkwardness between them. Give them an episode or two and they'll definitely settle into their roles and own it.

Hahaha. My thoughts too.

These netizens are just overreacting.

No matter how hard they sensationalize it, we can't change the fact that

Moon that Embraces the Sun is still performing well.

I do think it's part of destabilization of the drama.

Even though the child actors set the standard

we just need to move forward and let these adult leads show their acting prowess

instead of putting so much negative vibration to them.

And to judge them at their very first appearance? Guess it's not fair for them too.

Argh, hopefully the English subtitles will be complete this weekend.

I'm so dying to watch and fully understand this week's episodes.

Though I've only seen the raw version of Episode 7, I do think they did just right.

No more no less. We just have to see their developments later.

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

my take about the controversies flooding about HGI acting..

tumblr_lyed4pEBJK1r82xs0o1_500.jpg

When Criticisms are getting overboard….

I watched YT Video by YSTAR regarding Han Ga In’s acting as Wol from last night episode 7, where in criticisms are bashing her of inability to portray the role of adult Yeon Woo as compared to the young actress Kim Yoo Jung.

By the looks of the English-based community supporting SunNMoon drama (ockoala, softy and dramabeans ), Han Ga In portrayal based on Episode 7 was not a disaster as everyone feared. 

I was moved actually at the scene where she had a first glance of the King after five years , emotions pouring in but she can rarely defined what are those. She simply shed tears at the same time confused. I felt that. She nailed it there.

400025_175436355895770_152170751555664_237269_152618792_n.jpg

The confrontation between her and Hwon was obviously owned by Kim Soo Hyun, because of that urge and longing from his lost of the crowned princess. However, I find Han Ga In’s oblivious reaction and curiosity of the sudden outrage of the King appropriate.  

417885_175439779228761_152170751555664_237313_9458570_n.jpg

Han Ga In deserves a fair judgement, and sad to say Korean netizens are weighing the burden too much on her. I actually salute her humility during the PRESSCON when she says sorry for the impression of inapproriate casting because she was too old for the role? But then again, take a second look ..

401087_175443935895012_152170751555664_237361_1254159025_n.jpg

Sometimes, the elements of entertainment and fun are garnished if we think too much. And in this case, it does.

-Misty Rain

reposting from SunNMoon tumblr

Guest arathegreat

my take about the controversies flooding about HGI acting..

*quoted image*

When Criticisms are getting overboard….

I watched YT Video by YSTAR regarding Han Ga In’s acting as Wol from last night episode 8, where in criticisms are bashing her of inability to portray the role of adult Yeon Woo as compared to the young actress Kim Yoo Jung.

By the looks of the English-based community supporting SunNMoon drama (ockoala, softy and dramabeans ), Han Ga In portrayal based on Episode 7 was not a disaster as everyone feared. 

I was moved actually at the scene where she had a first glance of the King after five years , emotions pouring in but she can rarely defined what are those. She simply shed tears at the same time confused. I felt that. She nailed it there.

*quoted image*

The confrontation between her and Hwon was obviously owned by Kim Soo Hyun, because of that urge and longing from his lost of the crowned princess. However, I find Han Ga In’s oblivious reaction and curiosity of the sudden outrage of the King appropriate.  

*quoted image*

Han Ga In deserves a fair judgement, and sad to say Korean netizens are weighing the burden too much on her. I actually salute her humility during the PRESSCON when she says sorry for the impression of inapproriate casting because she was too old for the role? But then again, take a second look ..

*quoted image*

Sometimes, the elements of entertainment and fun are garnished if we think too much. And in this case, it does.

-Misty Rain

reposting from SunNMoon tumblr

Yehey!

At least, someone already voiced out that Han and even the rest of the adult leads weren't atrocious at all.

I really appreciate that you even included the screen caps of those parts where she actually showed her skill.

And for her, to be a first timer in this genre, she did enough for a good job.

Let's just be positive to it and just ignore/don't mind these people who always pinpoint the mistakes and all.

Happy Viewing guys!

Korean community and even those who are proficient in Korean (who LOVE K-dramas) are fortunate

that you can actually follow the show in your own comprehension.

This is such a great series to be honest. I'm just happy that we've seen another masterpiece from MBC after some time.

Yehey!

At least, someone already voiced out that Han and even the rest of the adult leads weren't atrocious at all.

I really appreciate that you even included the screen caps of those parts where she actually showed her skill.

And for her, to be a first timer in this genre, she did enough for a good job.

Let's just be positive to it and just ignore/don't mind these people who always pinpoint the mistakes and all.

Happy Viewing guys!

Korean community and even those who are proficient in Korean (who LOVE K-dramas) are fortunate

that you can actually follow the show in your own comprehension.

This is such a great series to be honest. I'm just happy that we've seen another masterpiece from MBC after some time.

Aside from those scenes, I am moved when she confronted the guard and acted like a shaman. I am impressed by her "cursing" eyes!

In addition, after the runaway scene with Seol, when she asked her if they did it before. I cried with her during that particular scene!

I would like to post a pics but I am here in the office right now.. hehhehe!

Diversified Acting of Kim Soo Hyun Won Praises

The diversified acting of Kim Soo Hyun in the MBC TV Wednesday and Thursday drama The Moon that Embraces the Sun is attracting attention of audience.

Lee Hwon who is in royal progress in plain cloth said, “Nobody would think that a king of a country will looks like me.” But him who he is getting around the country does not get to see the real life of the citizens, while bathing at night, he said “not satisfactory” and at the same time intentionally jokes to let the guard Woon to bath together with him, revealing his sexy charm in the bucket. When he sees citizens are suffering from oppression by government officers, he unable to restrain his anger and loudly reprimand, showing the style of the king. Finally he says with a smile to Bo Kyung who tried to shake his position through Queen Dowager Yoon and family clan, “I don’t like hypocrisy and insincerity.” And looking at the Wol who is resembling with Yeon Woo, Lee Hwon asks her with sorrowful eyes if she has seen him before. At this time, he is no longer a majesty king but just a man in the passion of love.

The ever changing acting skill of Kim Soo Hyun in the drama has attracted the attention of the viewers. Many viewers commented with praises, “The all new image of king,” “I can completely immerse into the drama because of the Kim Soo Hyun’s acting,” “Although the young Yeo Jin Goo is good, but the king Kim Soo Hyun very handsome,” and so on.

credit: asian-drama

Guest arathegreat

Aside from those scenes, I am moved when she confronted the guard and acted like a shaman. I am impressed by her "cursing" eyes!

In addition, after the runaway scene with Seol, when she asked her if they did it before. I cried with her during that particular scene!

I would like to post a pics but I am here in the office right now.. hehhehe!

Hahaha!

It's ok @gabjumz

The fact that you were pleased by her acting even though she's a neophyte in the genre is enough already.

Instead of focusing on their weaknesses and their shortcomings, we should just appreciate what these actors are giving us.

All they want is for us to be entertained and satisfied.

Seems like it's really hard to please the Korean audience especially in sageuk-themed (though more of the fusion) series like this.

I'm so happy that I can share my thoughts here.

God Bless everyone!

Off Topic: Does anyone know where to find download links for MKV files of this series? I'm downloading before at dorama256x.com

but seems like they're stagnant at the moment due to the Megaupload and other file sharing sites ban. Thanks.