[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

[*] Last minute time jump. This is the 1-2 years time jump at the end of a series with the main couple meeting again in the last 2 minutes, staring at each other (usually across a street) and smiling at each other. What is with K-dramas and separation? A couple should work through their problems together. Not disappear for a year to decide that the relationship is worth fighting for.

:D i think there's going to be a time jump ... but a happy one ... 3-4 years later after the Royal Wedding ... where we can see Queen YW pregnant (again!!) .. *WhooHOoo* :wub:

SuSHI_beast, on Today, 08:26 AM, said:

*while at a conference in Sacramento this weekend with no internet access*

"Hmmmmm I really hate all these workshops and meetings....but knowing that MoonSun is coming up soon makes everything better!!"

*returns Tuesday morning to Irvine, and opens Soompi for delightful previews*

*reads through the posts in the epicly awesome MoonSun thread*

I WAITED 7 FREAKING WEEKS FOR BOTOX GRANNY TO GET THE **** SHE DESERVES, AND WHAT DO I GET? WHAT. DO. I. GET??

*calms down*

*cries in a dark corner*

that's me yesterday .... :lol: hahahaha .. glad i can laugh in this thread again ..

the posts lately so negative with complaints ... let's just enjoy the drama

it's for entertainment purpose after all .. (... at least for me :D ) .. and ...

our own private getaway after a day full of headache .. hehehe ..

TMTETS HWAITING !!!

Guest mic11

I think only Kim Soo Hyun fans must be really happy about this drama. Besides teen actors he is the only one had chance to shine. I won't speak for fans of other supporting actors/actresses but as Jung Il Woo fan I must say this is the second most poorly written character he has ever played, a total waste of his talent. Instead of being a man who struggles for his independence and a place in the world where he's only the other sun, all he does is chasing after a girl who doesn't even see him as a man and we never really found out how he fell in love with her in the first place. Gals at Dramabeans scratches their head trying to figure out why both brothers even fell in love with Wol, but whatever.

When I tried to overcome the fact that Yang Myung is going to chase after her pathetically till he dies I found out that besides Hwon's longing for Wol, Wol longing for Hwon and Yang Myung longing for Wol there's nothing much left. I love you Il Woo, but frankly first 6 episodes with teen actors were the best.

I feel your pain. I still don't understand why he accepted to act in such a pathetic role when he is the main lead actor now. His prince YM character has been so one-dimensional with limited screen time. Maybe he did not read the complete script when he accepted it, or he was told his role would be better.

I still feel that he has tried his best given his bad written character, especially during the last few episodes. I could feel YM pain and cried with him and his mom, or smiled when he was happy playing with Wol. So far I have not cried at all when watching this drama, not when Wol cried when she remembered her past, not even when Hwon cried when he knew about YW. So I think he has successfully delivered his character, and all my family and friends feel the same. Just that sometimes I could not bear to look at his sad and desperate face on screen, it really broke my heart into million pieces. It is the kind of drama that I would watch just one time and never re-watch again.

Let hope that he will get a better role in his next drama. I just love to see him happy as he looks so cute and gorgeous when he smiles.

Guest toho81

I feel your pain. I still don't understand why he accepted to act in such a pathetic role when he is the main lead actor now. His prince YM character has been so one-dimensional with limited screen time. Maybe he did not read the complete script when he accepted it, or he was told his role would be better.

I still feel that he has tried his best given his bad written character, especially during the last few episodes. I could feel YM pain and cried with him and his mom, or smiled when he was happy playing with Wol. So far I have not cried at all when watching this drama, not when Wol cried when she remembered her past, not even when Hwon cried when he knew about YW. So I think he has successfully delivered his character, and all my family and friends feel the same. Just that sometimes I could not bear to look at his sad and desperate face on screen, it really broke my heart into million pieces. It is the kind of drama that I would watch just one time and never re-watch again.

Let hope that he will get a better role in his next drama. I just love to see him happy as he looks so cute and gorgeous when he smiles.

That's my point exactly. Yang Myung might not have been well written, but I thought Jung IL Woo did an excellent job acting this character out. I also really felt Yang Myung's pain and frustration when I see Jung IL Woo. Script and character profile aside, I really saw his acting grow tremendously in this drama

Guest angie06

To be honest, i'm kinda bummed that TMETS is not airing. I was actually really looking forward to Ha JI Wons drama. Yes i'm a HJW fan. *Fist pumping the air, yelling "HA JI WON! HA JI WON! HA JI WON!"*

However, Big props to the PD, for standing up to what he/she believes in. I hope all ends well, for the actors, staff and fans.  

:D 

Top 3 Scenes with Highest Ratings in The Moon Embracing the Sun

Source : http://asian-drama.org

The famous scenes with highest ratings for MBC drama series The Moon Embracing the Sun which is going to usher in the grand finale were revealed.

On March 6th, 2012, the MBC’s A Good Day revealed the ranking chart of the highest ratings scenes from episodes that have been aired up to episode 18.

Ranked at first position is the sobbing scene of Kim Soo Hyun broadcast in episode 16 on February 23rd, 2012. After Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun) finally knew that female shaman Wol (Han Ga In) is the same person as Yeon Woo, he shed forlorn and bitter tears with a sorry heart. The instantaneous real-time ratings for this scene hit 52.59%, stimulated the lacrimal gland of the audience.

In the second place was the scene of Jung Il Woo pulled out the knife, and shouted “if you dare to say any nonsense again, your head will part with body” broadcast in episode 18 on March 1, 2012, where the momentary real-time ratings hit 50.55%.

In the third place is the kissing scene between Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga In broadcast on February 29th, 2012 in episode 17. The scene depicts Hwon took out the hairpin named “The Moon that Embraces the Sun” and handed it to Yeon Woo, and kissed Yeon Woo while tears flowing at the side hall. The moment recorded the rating of 49.60%.

:D i think there's going to be a time jump ... but a happy one ... 3-4 years later after the Royal Wedding ... where we can see Queen YW pregnant (again!!) .. *WhooHOoo* :wub:

that's me yesterday .... :lol: hahahaha .. glad i can laugh in this thread again ..

the posts lately so negative with complaints ... let's just enjoy the drama

it's for entertainment purpose after all .. (... at least for me :D ) .. and ...

our own private getaway after a day full of headache .. hehehe ..

TMTETS HWAITING !!!

I'm with you !!

So glad I finally can laugh... too many negative comments, it rilly makes me headaches. My daily life sucks enough, I need something to lighten up my mood.

wave to @pach....

lets day dreaming about Kim Soo Hyun visit your bedroom, what will you gonna do ??? :wub:

Guest babigurl

part of me is super sad but part of me is very happy

because I have an important exam on thursday and a lot of other deadlines due this week..

if moon/sun is airing, i will definitely watch and not be able to focus at all...

peipei78..Ha Ha..I will blind fold him..lets play peak a KISS.. :w00t:

:lol:

me : 1st thing is I'll lock the room before he run... then touch his thick eye brows then ask him to touch my face with his famous big hands like he did with wol ... :wub:

I'm with you !!

So glad I finally can laugh... too many negative comments, it rilly makes me headaches. My daily life sucks enough, I need something to lighten up my mood.

thank you *hugs* ..

i'm saving my critical analysis for job-related only .. hahaha :D

for drama .. i just want to feel-good and enjoying this "heaven & fate interference love story" :wub:

In the third place is the kissing scene between Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga In broadcast on February 29th, 2012 in episode 17. The scene depicts Hwon took out the hairpin named “The Moon that Embraces the Sun” and handed it to Yeon Woo, and kissed Yeon Woo while tears flowing at the side hall. The moment recorded the rating of 49.60%.

and this scene is up against the football match, rite? ... if not, i bet it's going to hit near 60% .. :P

Guest toho81

*quoted image*

credits to : http://asian-drama.org/

very impressive ratings !!! 50% ++ :sweatingbullets:

I agree with all these selections- Hwon's crying was heartbreaking, Yang Myung's cold and bitterness acting was cool in episode 18, and of course our epic kiss scene.

MBC confirms Moon/Sun will not air this week

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/03/mbc-confirms-moonsun-will-not-air-this-week/

The addition of drama PDs to the MBC labor strike has rendered it impossible for The Moon That Embraces the Sun to finish production on this week’s episodes, as previously feared. There’s just too much work and too few hands among the short-staffed crew, and MBC has announced that they’ll be airing Moon/Sun specials this week to fill in the gap.

The upside: The filming with the principal cast will end on time, which is good news since Kim Soo-hyun and Jung Il-woo are booked solid, having assumed they’d wrap this drama by Thursday. The reason the two final episodes will not be ready for this week’s broadcast slots is because there isn’t enough time (or hands on deck) to complete all the editing and post-production work.

This isn’t a great scenario for MBC, which has been extremely happy about selling out all of its advertising slots weeks in advance, and can boast a national drama in its ranks after, let’s face it, a lackluster past few years. I’m sure all eyes will be on the ratings meters next week, to see if a week’s delay causes numbers to plummet, or if people will tune in regardless ’cause, well, what else is there to watch?

Speaking of which, this sends the other stations scrambling to figure out what to do with their shows. Initially all three stations were to premiere their new shows on the same day, March 14. But Moon/Sun‘s postponement pushes back the Ha Ji-won/Lee Seung-gi vehicle The King 2 Hearts, which’ll air on March 21. Now KBS and SBS have to deal with the question of whether to also push back the premieres of Equator Man and Rooftop Prince, or risk handicapping their new dramas by pitting their launches against a Moon/Sun finale.

According to reports, SBS has decided to postpone Rooftop Prince accordingly, and will air a two-episode special, Family Portrait, in the intervening week. KBS’s decision is less certain; some reports state that Equator Man will also get pushed, while another cites a source with Equator’s production stating that they haven’t made any plans yet.

OMO..peipei78

I am sure he will never FREE himself from "skinship scene" Poor Man :sweatingbullets:

A day is passing quicker when we have love & fun together my friend!! :wub: