[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

*quoted image* Me too. It's amazing how much more I enjoy watching episodes over again once I read baduy's posts.  Thank you so much again. 

My suggestion:  Do what I do with Baduy's postings.  Copy and save them in your own private file.  So, that, they'll be readily available and you wouldn't have to wade through pages to find them again.  :P

Guest PanraYang12

I just watched marathon ed the last 8 episodes. Finished at 4 am. Lol. So addicted. I didn't think that this drama would be as good as it is! Glad I gave it a shot. I love all the comments and predictions so keep on writing. I have a question regarding the queen position. So if the Heo Yeon/ Wol were to give birth the first heir, would the current queen be dethroned  or removed from her position? IDK how this works. Some clarification would help! Thanks. (:

I'm watching ep. 8 in forth time with subs and I can say that acting of Ga In finally touched my heart. It's in small things and maybe it's left by children actors but I can feel sad love in air and in their eyes. Maybe it's because all that critisism from korean neitisens, fellow forum members and ockoala, but I think I love how Ga In portraits Young U - it sad, but self respect girl with feelings deep inside her heart, but I can see a rare sights of them through her acting and I'm pleased.

I have a question regarding the queen position. So if the Heo Yeon/ Wol were to give birth the first heir, would the current queen be dethroned  or removed from her position? IDK how this works.

In the totally impossible (morally and psychologically impossible, that is) scenario that Hwon was willing to take YW as his concubine and she bore him a son, then the current queen would keep her title and her throne, though her prestige would be dinted and her clan would lose face. But that son would not automatically become the heir (though there are precedents for the offspring of a concubine assuming the throne if there is no other way of ensuring the succession and the right political backing is in place). And if the queen subsequently gave birth to a son, that son would be the uncontested heir, despite being younger than his concubine-born sibling. But whatever else the writer has in store, we can be sure that isn't going to happen. Neither Hwon nor YW. as their characters have been built up, would contemplate it.

I'm watching ep. 8 in forth time with subs and I can say that acting of Ga In finally touched my heart. It's in small things and maybe it's left by children actors but I can feel sad love in air and in their eyes. Maybe it's because all that critisism from korean neitisens, fellow forum members and ockoala, but I think I love how Ga In portraits Young U - it sad, but self respect girl with feelings deep inside her heart, but I can see a rare sights of them through her acting and I'm pleased.

I completely agree with you. I think HGI is holding her own, although I can’t say for sure that she’s giving more than required for the role. At this point in the story, Wol is suppose to be passive, but still curious about Hwon and I think HGI is very fitting and convincing in her portrayal. For instance, I thought that the scene where she first saw Hwon in the streets was done beautifully. HGI's portrayal of Wol's automatic and drawn reaction to Hwon was powerful and meaningful. Although HGI isn't a very forceful actress, I think her eyes are very good at expressing her mixed reactions to Hwon, and when the scene requires it, I have hope that HGI can deliver. :D

Baduy Wow. Thank you so much for sharing all the valuable knowledge about Korean History and helping us understand this drama even with deeper depth and appreciation. It was such an amazing read!!!!! Didn't mean to spam but it was so enlightening that I just had to post something.

On a totally different note I am really sad for Yang Myung. Why are the heavens so unfair to him. It is as if at every turn his encounter with Yeon Woo is doomed. I really do wish they would go back and give us the scene of how they met. I know he went against Yeom's wishes and went over the wall and it must have not been a pretty site but it would be nice nonetheless. Also so sad that Yeon Woo never made it to the greenhouse. I understand that Wol and Hwon will end up together but please let Yang Myung get a break once in a while. Even as a Hwon + Yeon Woo shipper I am feeling so sorry for him. Can't imagine how Yang Myung + Yeon Woo shippers may feel. Please show some mercy drama Gods.

woon1.jpg

woon2.jpg

woon3.jpg

Woon finally put his hair up... He looks much better with his hair up..

@baduy, Thanks so much, you are making the drama more fruitful than it is. hope to read more in the future Ep..

@alexus, I know, I feel for YM so much. Just a crazy Idea, I wonder what will happen if YM and JS meet? YM saved JS when she was young. So Im thinking, JS must have a hero worship over YM. And JS is pretty indeed in her own ways.. They make a pretty good couple.

Baduy Wow. Thank you so much for sharing all the valuable knowledge about Korean History and helping us understand this drama even with deeper depth and appreciation. It was such an amazing read!!!!! Didn't mean to spam but it was so enlightening that I just had to post something.

On a totally different note I am really sad for Yang Myung. Why are the heavens so unfair to him. It is as if at every turn his encounter with Yeon Woo is doomed. I really do wish they would go back and give us the scene of how they met. I know he went against Yeom's wishes and went over the wall and it must have not been a pretty site but it would be nice nonetheless. Also so sad that Yeon Woo never made it to the greenhouse. I understand that Wol and Hwon will end up together but please let Yang Myung get a break once in a while. Even as a Hwon + Yeon Woo shipper I am feeling so sorry for him. Can't imagine how Yang Myung + Yeon Woo shippers may feel. Please show some mercy drama Gods.

Despite all the acting criticisms and screen times, I am thoroughly enjoying this drama as it is. I think the entire cast is doing a superb job! I honestly did watch this drama for JIW, but now I don't even think of him as JIW but more as YM.

So as much as I love JIW and feel sad for the role he plays and how fate has played out for him, I'm also sad for Yeom! Here is a man who had the beauty and the brains where every boy & girl fell to their knees at his beauty. So...where is the adult Yeom now? He is playing hubby to Princess Minhwa..a fate that the late King did not want for him. I remember Lee Hwon's dad denying the marriage because such a union would put waste to his "talent" and would not enable him to be a "pillar" to the current King because princesses's husbands were not favored in the royal family nor did they hold much of any position. On top of that, HIS Wife..the princess, knows what caused the death of his beloved sister but just like the current Queen BK and looking out for her own interests. How will Yeom react if he ever finds out his own wife was withholding such a huge secret??? Yeon Woo's fate did not only affect YM, Lee Hwon, but also her beloved brother. I know it's early in the drama, and I hope that the talents of the young scholar Yeom, will not go to waste just because he is Princess Minhwa's husband.

There are so many interesting plots in this drama which is what has drawn me to it and I am excited to see what lies ahead. For entertainment and viewer purposes, plus the potential for DVD sales, I don't think this drama will have a sad ending for our King & his real Queen.

Han Ga In Supper Promise: Will Treat if Ratings Break Up

The special promise of Han Ga In is made public.

On January 28th, 2012, agency company of Han Ga In wrote on Facebook, “The supper prepared by Ga In for the staff crews and actors who are working hard and to celebrate ratings breaking 30% mark, the scene of the supper,” together with photos.

On the evening of January 27th, 2012, in order to commemorate the ratings for the TV series she is starring in, The Moon that Embraces the Sun, exceeded 30%, Han Ga In specially prepared surprise supper. In the published photos, everyone was eating hot fried rice cake, udon and other nice food in the night snack car. Han Ga In was wearing a red jacket when eating the food.

In addition, the photo of Han Ga In was personally distributing fried chestnut is along attracting attention.

The agency of Han Ga In said, “If the ratings of The Moon that Embraces the Sun continue to go up, there will be more supper surprise.”

The rating for episode 8 of The Moon that Embraces the Sun exceeded 30%, becoming the current popular product.

Credit: asian-drama

Highest 1-Minute Ratings for The Moon that Embraces the Sun is 42.7%

The scene with best 1-minute rating of The Moon that Embraces the Sun is revealed.

On MBC Section TV Entertainment News broadcast on January 29th, 2012, the 1-minute scene from The Moon that Embraces the Sun directed by director Kim Do Hoon with highest rating was revealed.

The best 1-minute scene is the scene of Queen Yoon Bo Kyung (Kim Min Seo) chatting with father Yoon Dae Hyung (Kim Eung Soo), where Yoon Dae Hyung blames her daughter for not winning the sacred heart of Lee Hwon (Kim Soo Hyun). During the scene, the rating rose up to 42.7%, hit the highest 1-minute ratings record ever.

The charm of Bo Kyung’s playacting and pretending strongly attracted the audience.

On the other hand, on the day’s program, the best 1-minute rating scene and “Flower Boy Quartet Group” have lead the discussion on the drama.

viaNewsen

Credit: asian-drama

I really hate myself for watching episodes 7 and 8 so early in the week OTL.

11) Listen to the OSTs every single day. I also listen to it before I sleep.

... ^^;

Regret? me too. I keep asking myself why would I watch live broadcast? why? why? now I'm so anxious waiting for the next episode. I have been listening to only those two songs these days. It's good that this drama is still airing if not it'd be like Goong syndrome all over again(which is so fun, but not good for my health. too tired from watching without any sleep for days... lol :P )

hey. anyone here know where i can find Hyeong Sun gif. He's so cute :lol:

Guest simplyallysa

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/moon-that-embraces-the-sun-ost-surpasses-t-ara-on-music-charts-for-1

Moon that Embraces the Sun’ OST surpasses T-ara on music charts for #1

20120128_mes.jpg

The OST, “Back In Time“, from the drama ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun‘ has been sweeping online music charts.

“Back in Time”, performed by Lyn, has been ranked number on popular music sites such as Olleh Music, Mel0n, and Naver since the 27th of this month. It is currently ahead of other popular songs such as T-ara‘s “Lovey Dovey“, B2st‘s “I Knew it“, IU‘s “You and I” and more.

The drama has also been doing well on viewer ratings as it hit a high 30% by the eighth episode. A representative from the music chart KT Music stated, “Because of the increasing popularity of dramas, the popularity of idol stars are decreasing. These (“The Moon that Embraces the Sun”) OST’s have been ranking at least top ten on every online music chart.”

Source + image via Nate

TXDRAMA Amen to that!! Thinking of Yeom is sad sad sad. I really don't even want to go there and subconsciously blocking that tragedy. How can someone that make men and women swoon, make them weak in their knees with that Kdrama glowing radiance following everywhere he goes, with so much potential to succeed in helping the king fall so short? To be just a bridesmaid to the Princess for the rest of his life??? I hear you loud and clear TXDRAMA. Was his good looks a curse to his family especially to Yeon Woo??? Now the radiance of Yeom's scholarly beauty and grace is gone :tears: Now all I can think about is the radiating beauty of Hwon and Woon!!

Okay Gotta Snap out of this downward spiral. Must think happy thoughts. Yes, I will just play the end of episode 8 and think of what might follow in Episode 9!!!!

1Crazynyt Hmmm, could it be a hint for what is to come in the future?? JS and YM?? I just want YM to get some sort of a break. Do you think Woon will fall for Yeon Woo as well? The way he looks at her I really can't tell. When thinking of all the possiblities 20 episodes seem way too short IMO.

It’s already Monday and no text preview yet? Waahhh, MBC surely know how to make people anxious eh? Crazy meh! I’m like repeating ep 7 & 8 at work [open a very small window at the right bottom of my pc and keep my fingers standby at keys window+D just in case if my boss come]. And I have a paper submission for Board due today but all I do is refreshing this thread for preview [Darn! My company block MBC website!].

This is sickness! Haish!

@baduy It’s a pleasure seeing you here. I enjoyed your musings at 1000 days promise thread [i didn’t like the drama, but your writings somehow changed my perspective] Keep writing here!

@To my JIW biased friends -> Don’t worry about JIW’s little screen time coz everytime he shows up, it really touches many hearts. And he agreed to take up the project as the second lead who didn’t get the girl. I bet he already anticipated less screen time when he signed the contract, eh? Perhaps, he wanted to walk in the shoe of second lead this time?  And, he proudly carries the job YM right? Either way, people love him.

Guest ginny_potter

I think there's a text preview already at the MBC site, but sadly, I don't understand Korean. :D Maybe some good soul can translate it soon (ockoala, perhaps? ^__^)

We still have 12 more episodes to go. I'm sure that the other characters will be given there own shining moments soon and those nagging questions we have at the back of our heads (MH not remembering, Y not being able to participate in state affairs, YM's happy go lucky nature) will have their answers. Just have faith. I'm sure TPTB will not fail us.

Will "The Sun and The Moon" step over 40%?

More than 32% within eight episodes...MBC strike is a variable

Will it be another drama with a viewing percentage of more than 40%? This is not a pointless question seeing the way MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" is going right now.

"The Sun and the Moon" stepped over 30% within 25 months of the MBC drama "Queen Sundeok". Despite the fact that dramas nowadays don't even go over 20% easily, "The Sun and the Moon" hit the point of 31.2% in eight episodes. It is very possible that the numbers may rise with the drama only just spreading out its story and with the climax coming up.

"Queen Sundeok" is the last MBC drama to have made 43.3% on the 10th of November 2009. Including this, there have been four dramas to have rated more than 40% in the last 10 years (2003~2012). They are "My Name Is Kim Sam Soon" and three historicals, "Dae Jang Geum", "Jumong" and "Queen Sundeok".

Even with the wider selection of dramas from the three broadcasting companies, there aren't many dramas that recorded more than 40%. KBS "Love, Bread and Dream" was the last on the 16th of September 2010 and SBS "Stairways to Heaven" on the 5th of February 2004.

There is a big variable in the breaking through of 40%. The MBC Labor Union revealed that it was going on general strike for the resignation of CEO Kim Jae-cheol on the 30th from 6PM. However, "The Sun and the Moon" production Pen Entertainment revealed, "There should be no mistake in the broadcasting of "The Sun and the Moon"".

However, not much of the drama has been pre-recorded so if the strike goes on for more than a week the next week's episode should be difficult.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120130n03007?mid=e0101 (Korean)

credit: HanCinema