Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest yeohweping

[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달 [EVENT: re-watch]

event alert! check out the new thread spotlight -- discover Lee Min Ho! please hit like and comment to encourage the group who put it together.

:selfie2:

if you have suggestions for threads that might be interested in being featured, do reach out!

re: @partyon

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/30/2020 at 1:39 PM, Lmangla said:

oooh, here is a question for chingus here to discuss (inspired by berou's comment on fate )  -- how do you see the idea of fate? especially in classical literature stories where it seems hammered in that no matter what anyone does, things will happen as per fate. and in the current kdrama scene, do you think the concept of fate has changed? or do we still have those same ideas of destiny -- as in we met in kindergarten when we were five and so you still make my heart beat fast years later type fate? how do you feel about how this drama and others cover this idea of fate? do you believe in fate personally? .....

Personally, I believe people are fated to meet at some point in life but it's up to our own choices if they will stay or let go.

Lee Hwon and Yeon Woo are fated to love each other but it's up to them if they will become each other's destiny :heartxoxo:

Looking forward to more thrilling events and how they will overcome every trials that will come to their love

:heart3:

• Love 4

So I finally watched episode 7 and 8 and I don't know how to feel. It's so difficult for me to say goodbye to the children actor and welcome the adult part of the drama. Til today the drama is mostly my favorite because of the children's part. :D But I have to say I enjoy Kim Soo Hyun's performance a lot.

He is playing the tortured and yet smart king so well. I wonder how those old ministers are even thinking they can go behind Lee Hwon's back. He basically finds out anything.

I liked the procession scene a lot. Lee Hwon wanted to curtain to be raised because he knows his people came to see him but it's pretty clear that the people can never really look at their king when they have to pay their respect by kneeling and bowing down.

Spoiler

Watch-The-Moon-That-Embraces-The-Sun-Epi

And I think Lee Hwon is aware of that as well. And I liked how he and Woon escaped the palace and he visited those parts of the town which are simply struck by illness and poverty.

Spoiler

The scene with the little boy struck me and actually Lee Hwon won my heart in that moment, to promise the child he would bring back his father (we know how that ended :(). I think Lee Hwon is keen on being a good and just king but the ministers around him are making his job so much more difficult for their own sake.

Spoiler

But I thought the everlasting motif throughout episode 7 and 8 was how Yeon Woo plays such a big role still in Prince Yang Myung's and Lee Hwon's heart. Clearly both of them keep thinking about her and even believe she might be watching them, leading them. It's truly heartbreaking.

And both got to meet Yeon Woo, now without a name because Nok Young didn't want her to be bound to fate. Well how fateful that Lee Hwon ends up giving her the name Wol which means moon. It's clear, also from what the man told Nok Young that she can do whatever she wants but Lee Hwon and Yeon Woo are meant to be.

Spoiler

Meanwhile Bok Kyung is desperate to have a child and even suggest to Lee Hwon to take on a concubine which she doesn't approve of but probably was her way of testing him. But it's clear it's not like Lee Hwon is actually having any problems, he is just not into Bok Kyung.

Spoiler

I have no big empathy for Bok Kyung but I also think she didn't took part in what happened to Yeon Woo. Could she have done something? Yes. And that's what she is guilty of: of not doing anything and wanting Lee Hwon for herself. But I also think that makes her a tragic figure in this drama, just like Prince Yang Myung. They're both pretty much fighting a lost cause.

Then Dowager Queen wants Nok Young back and her underling basically kidnaps Yeon Woo to force it to happen but also to make her a human talisman to take in the evil spirits which are supposedly disturbing Lee Hwon's vitality and health. It's so ironic that the people who wanted Yeon Woo out of the palace bring her back in and closer to Lee Hwon.

Spoiler

Definitely looking forward to watching episode 9, 10 and 11! :D

Btw... the screenshots for this post are a bit wonky I'm sorry about that.

:please:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

So I finally watched episode 7 and 8 and I don't know how to feel. It's so difficult for me to say goodbye to the children actor and welcome the adult part of the drama. Til today the drama is mostly my favorite because of the children's part

Their part was the main reason why I got so hooked with this drama before. I can really feel the sadness in their eyes such a great actors at a young age

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Jillia awesome pics and post!

:ilike:

always love your posts and I felt I relived the episode! Yes no sympathy for BY for her plight. But yes YM & BY will not capture their object of affection as you said it IS a losing deal in this lifetime. Thanks so much!

KSH is stellar I agree! They are fated to meet again no matter what but thanks to Shaman NY they are able to meet again . Agreed the forces to separate the are the ones reuniting them unknowingly now.

Yes missing the younger versions but at least get glimpses of them here and there in their dreams or the OTP memories.

• Love 3

@Nodame

You're so kind!

:fullofhearts:

Especially I feel like my post for this week was a bit too lazy but mostly because I caught up in RL stuff. :D

It's actually so much fun that Nok Young tried everything for them not to meet but in the end fate worked against her and Lee Hwon and Yeon Woo ended up meeting anyways. While it's so sad because Prince Yang Myung recognized her first and wanted to meet her first in his little greenhouse but it didn't work out. Also, so sad when he said "In the next life look at me first".

From both, Bo Kyung and Yang Myung, he is certainly the person who deserves some sort of happiness.

:criesariver:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Honey ep 7 :selfie2:

DEEP LONGING

There is no stronger spell than deep longing

When in love people will feel various emotions and feelings such as, crazy, longing, loving, hating, angry, etc, but longing is my favorite subject to talk to. ahemmmmm.. :happyshakes:

I love this ep because people keep talking about their longings. I found this in an online translation ~~~> Longing : Prolonged unfulfilled desire or need. Arghhhhh :bashful:

Yeon Woo's longing version:

She cries for something she does not understand when she sees the king.

Ep+7+2++445+px+TMTETS+lessons+in+photogr

pict; campus connection

The king's longing version:

'My longing has manifested into an entity that is bewitching me." (The King, Ep 7)

Prince Yangmyun's longing version: 

"Try to forget and it becomes longing." (Prince Yangmyun, Ep 7)

Queen Bo Gyung's longing version:

"Are you blind to my feelings for you? How long must I stay rivals with someone who is dead? How much more do you intend to humiliate me?" (Queen Bo Gyung, Ep 7)

So I took conclussion that everyone are sick in ep 7. It's called 'love disease' :heart2beat:

@supergal99 come in here chingu and watch this drama together. Everyone are sick and they need you now hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Honey Ep 8 :selfie2:

A HUMAN AMULET

A person becomes amulet and absorbs misfortune and death. 

So our moon Yeon Woo backs to the palace as a shaman. She mets Prince Yangmyun when she tried to run away from the palace officers who tried to kidnapped her. Prince Yangmyun always becomes her saviour.  

Being a human amulet, Yeon Woo entered The King's quarter to absorb what ails him when the king is sleeping. She heard The king called a name in his dream, "Yeon Woo..". 

After Yeon Woo becoming the king's human amulet, his health has improved. Un knows that a shaman who becomes the king's human amulet is Yeon Woo.

Mistress Jang backs to the palace as a head shaman because of Yeon Woo.

Eunuch Hyong Son also happy because of the king back to his old self now.

Princess Minhwa is busy to attracts her husband. She is cute but since this is an arranged marriage so it is a bit difficult for her. 

Bo Dae Hyung blames his daughter, the queen, that she failed to wins the king's heart after years. He also said that after the queen sees the king, his health worsens. This is not his exact sentence but this implicated that the current queen is the reason of the king's bad health.

Yeon Woo feels happy because of as a shaman, she is able to stay next to the king. Her past memories come again when she tried to touch the king. At the end of ep 8, The king wokes up and catched Yeon Woo. He asked who is Yeon Woo. I remember that 8 years ago, I coincidentally watch this drama for the first time at this scene, in a salon. Then I browsed a drama website and started to watch MTES. he he he. 

1648fc6bea4e27b0a429cd44350e046c.gif

gif: pinterest

Watching MTES for me feels like I am watching one of a Disney movie hehe. It's just this is in Korean version :fullofhearts: I wish if only Disney can brings this drama in a movie. O em jiiii

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@H0ney  Again great posts with character quotes and photos. I admire your passion and dedication. I always love reading your posts.

I had some time last weekend and went a bit ahead. But I made sure to write the thoughts ahead of time. As I knew I would forget and confuse it all. 

So caught ep 9-11 and more about our King obsessed about Wol.

• End of 8, the king is awake and grabs Wol’s hands. Accuses her if she is a spy and ousts her . Plus she dare touch the King’s royal and sacred body. But he admitted that usual vigilant Woon let her touch the king. So what she did seemed to soothe him. She was put into prison. He reverts back to grumpy (from smiling loving the soup to frowning ask it never be made again). Just as she has ‘criminal ‘burned onto her lovely face she is saved by the king. He wants her back by his side. He is torn and admits to Woon that he is more in danger to her than vice versa.

• KSY as the king his longing for YW & when Woon finds a letter she wrote as apology he notes she is very bright and literate for a shaman for his critical comment on him and her status . Dealing with having to get an heir, dealing with his Queen’s dad.  Plus when he asked his sister’s hubby and his former teacher /YW bro there was an uproar as Prince Consort. Eunuch HS was right it should be YW bro with him not the Eunuch. The happiness he feels to see YW bro. Him bringing YW last letter before dying to the King. He did the right thing. She used all her last energy worrying of the king and his health despite being in the brink of death. I cannot blame the king investing the too convenient timing of her illness.

-The Princess is still sweet and I like she cares for YW mom well. Poor mom dreams of her beloved YW. That family is precious sad the dad is no longer. You can see the Prince Consort has an affection for his wife. Not a passionate love but still sweetness looking at her. When he promised to return after his travels and never give her up. Aww . Cannot blame the palace maids jockeying to see him like Empress Ki those wanting to see Wang Yoo.

• Prince YM smitten not I being why with Wol and the King. Both are bothered by her and constantly ask don’t you know me? The fact she doesn’t realize that her memories are not the spiritual world but her memories. Even when the king questions her handwriting  as too coincidental. 

-Jansil being ousted by Shaman NY after defying her order to allow Prince YM to see Wol. When asked why she helped him, cause he was the first to save her life. Aww. Seol still has crush on YW bro & checks into them. She tried to keep JS but got told no leniency this time .

-Wol is seen by the Queen who heard voices from YW old pavilion. She has a spy observe everything for her about the human talisman and the king. She is uneasy to her looks similar to YW. Plus hearing he asked for box with rain written on it. He cannot let him of her. Wol says sorry I am not her as he repeatedly asked her.

-of course the timing of Wol to give JS her clothing and the king our investigating. Plus of course he saves her from falling and they conveniently see a puppet play love story of the king and servant. Lol Wol pays for them both. Poor YM to see then watching the play. I loved his rapport with his mom. Her wanting to cut her hair she wish got a pretty daughter in law.

• Now Wol is regaining memories stronger and stronger and the shaman got permission to get Wol out. But the previews show the king won’t let her leave the palace until he sorts his unsure & confused feelings with her. He wants her to admit to he YW but she doesn’t .

• Poor King he is a puppet but a bit better than Togon in Empress Ki but not by much.
  • The Eunuch HS with his uneven toothy smiles to the king crack me up.
  • Woon loyal and stoic after seeing friends giving his message from the king doesn’t bother to stay with friends longer but rather rush back to king. 
  • Wol is questioning more to the shaman about her past and memories now coming back stronger to her.
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Thank you so much, @H0ney, @Fangirl22 and @Nodame, for sharing your thoughts! :D Always love to read your posts!

:fullofhearts:

I have to say while watching episode 9, 10 and 11 I got the feeling that the overall theme of the drama is mourning and feeling powerless in this feeling. I forgot for how many people young Yeon Woo still shows up. From Lee Hwon to Prince Yang Myung to Yeon Woo's mother. And they all deal so differently with their feelings.

But guilt as well is a motif... from Yeon Woo's brother to Princess Min Hwa to Bo Kyung and even Nok Young. Everyone seems to go through their own ways of dealing with what happened back then and what brought them to where they are now.

I think I start of with Yeon Woo's mother. She literally breaks my heart everytime. Even after so many years, she is in pain and is mourning the loss of her daughter. The fact she is still meeting Yeon Woo in her dreams... What mother can't understand the pain? Children aren't supposed to die before their parents. :(  I like though how she accidently met Wol/Yeon Woo and was wondering about having a closer look at her face.

Meanwhile Min Hwa is so torn between happiness and her love for her husband but everytime something happens she is thrown back right into the reality of how she got Heo Yeom has her husband. I can't really pity her though.

Then we have Yeon Woo's brother. He is so pained by what happened back then, he equally breaks my heart. He loved his sister so much and shared a special bond with her. He tries to be strong for his mother but the pain breaks through in these episodes. But actually it helps to make Lee Hwon go into action when Heo Yeom finds Yeon Woo's last letter addressed to Lee Hwon.

Spoiler

Bo Kyung is pretty much on the verge of getting paranoid. The guilt is haunting her and it doesn't help that in her eyes Lee Hwon is showing the shaman girl his soft side. To have a spy installed in the king's chambers, I see it will only get worse from now on. Her meeting with Nok Young was speaking volumes.

Spoiler

But Nok Young got her own problems. She is torn between protecting Yeon Woo or letting things happen...

The shamanic parts were very dominant in those 3 episodes but mostly in episode 11... I got chills when Jan Shil was possessed by Prince Yang Myung's voice and was begging Yeon Woo to run away. It gave me chills! Like... the only person here aside from Nok Young having shamanic powers is Jan Shil for sure. Yeon Woo is "only" remembering her own life but Jan Shil can see the future and is able to use her powers in ways I still don't fully grasp.

Spoiler

Prince Yang Myung, like Lee Hwon, is unable to forget Yeon Woo and he believes that Wol is Yeon Woo. It's so interesting that those 3 episodes pushed him further away from Lee Hwon, asking his mother why he can't have what he wants. And then saying that from now on he will do whatever he likes. Fate is really stopping him from seeing Yeon Woo. The only time he was able to meet her was when Yeon Woo was actually looking for him. But other than that from the palace grounds to the meeting with Jan Shil, he is always so very unlucky.

Spoiler

Meanwhile we get a lot of interactions between Lee Hwon and Yeon Woo. At the beginning of episode 9 he is enraged and believes her to be a spy for the ministers. I love how Woon is asking him to not punish her because she is innocent. I didn't remember him to be a layered character but he certainly changed my mind over the course of those 3 episodes. He is silent but a good observer. He noticed the letter of Yeon Woo and her "exquisite calligraphy" and he asked about Yeon Woo's/Wol's well-being but also how her heart feels. I appreciate him a lot more than I did when I watched the drama back then.

Spoiler

I like the little back and forth between Lee Hwon and Yeon Woo. She is clearly more educated than he and anyone expects from a lowly shaman which leads to nice interactions and conversations between them.

Spoiler

But also the fact she wrote a rebuke and it gives Lee Hwon the chance to compare her calligraphy with the one of Yeon Woo which actually turns him into a proactive character is just great writing. I mean he went from wondering if she is Yeon Woo...

Spoiler

...to actually asking her if she really doesn't remember him and also to investigate the death of Yeon Woo.  And of course nothing is found but I feel like now that he has a reason to investigate it makes him an even more interesting character.

Spoiler

I'm very much looking forward to episode 12, 13 and 14 next week! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 4

BEWITCHED

"I am under her spell. But.. I cannot break free." (The King, Ep 9)

The king shocked when he founds Shaman Yeol was inside his quarter at night. He was mad because of Weol touched his body.The king thought that Bo Dae Hyung ordered Weol as a spy. Weol then dares to explain that she was there to relieve the king's exhausted from the state of affairs and the agony in his heart. While questioning Weol, The king keeps thinking of Yeon Woo. 

"I am deluding myself. I am bewitched.. I must break free." (The King, ep 9)

Shaman Weol commited a crime by touching The king's body. They then locked her in a prison to punished her later. Mistress Jang cames to save her but she could not do anything.

Prince Yangmyun went to the palace because of he was worried with the king's healthy and he wanted to checked about the minister who looked for Weol and hitted Prince Yangmyun's head. He met with the queen dowager who warned him to not comes to the palace often. 

The king asked Un if prince Yangmyun is capable to betraying him. The king said it's ridiculous if in protecting the throne means he must considered his brother as enemy. The king then commanded Un to checked Shaman registry. Un asked the king if he wants to check is Weol a spy or is the king hopes that Weol is not a spy.

Shaman Weol and her mother dreamed about each other. 

Sol begged Mistress Jang to tell the truth about Yeon Woo's identity to the king so he will save Yeon Woo from the prison. 

Yeom Heon found his mother in their old house. She dreamed about Yeon woo and thinking about her that is why Yeon Woo's mother went there. Yeom Heon asked princess Min Hwa to taking care of her mom in law.

The queen also dreamed about Yeon Woo. I love the background music in the scene when the queen was dreaming.

The king was having imsomnia again and he was thinking about Shaman Weol.

The king mad to the palace maids who kept cook the stew for him everyday. HAHAHAHAHA

The queen visited the king's mother to talked about a rumor that the king has keeping a woman beside him. The king's mom told the queen to not be worried until their consummate night LOL It must be excited if people around you know that you will be making love with your husband on a certain date HAHAHAHA *dying laughing mode ON :relieved:

The queen is now worrying about Shaman Weol presence beside the king.

BHD visited the grandma queen and talked to replacing mistress jang as the head shaman in the palace. but the grandma queen wants to keep mistress Jang because she was the best shaman in Joseon.

Minister of divine was about to start Shaman Weol's punishment because of she dares to touched the king's body. Un talked to the king that Shaman Weol and Bo Hae Dyung are not relate and she is not a spy.

Un begged the king to withdraw his command to punish Shaman Weol. The king said even Un also taking Shaman Weol's side. But then the king admitted it is him who is dangerous and not Shaman Weol. 

Mistress Jang confused about what she must to do. If she tells the truth to the king, she worries not YW will only live to be killed by BHD, but if she let her to be punished, dead is better than live for YW. But then Hyong Son Eunuch appeared and announced that The King has ordered Shaman Weol to backs to the king's quarter to fulfill her duty. 

The king admitted to Un that he is bewitched by Shaman Weol. ""I am under her spell. But.. I cannot break free."  ohhhh my heart :fullofhearts: This king is too romantic and handsome. 

Weon went to the market to bought a paper. She wanted to write a apology letter. She met prince Yangmyun at the store. She thanks him and told prince Yangmyun to forget the girl in his heart. Weol then met her mom outside the store. YW's mom thought that the girl who was almost hit her resembles YW.

Weol then back to the palace, wrotes a apology letter, or could I say that this is a love letter? hahahaha and she went to the king's quarter again at night. A worried queen visited the king's quarter only to lurked for the king and shaman weol.

-------------------------------------------------

I am so love this story and the drama because of it reminds me of the twilight movie and the romeo and juliet story. Romeo visiting Juliet almost every night, and Edward too visiting Bella every night and watching her sleeping. In MTES, Shaman Weol visiting the king's quarter at night too and staying there to watch the sleeping king. I love this possesive romantic parts hehehe. Also the part when the king admitting and confessing for so many times that he is bewitched by Shaman Weol. I think these parts of MTES have drawned me into this drama :selfie2:

I also found it is interesting for a woman, in the ancient times, to write a letter when asking for apology. And the excited part when the whole palace know that the queen and the king will be sleeping together on a certain date hahaha. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Swords and Destiny Sageuk Poll 2

A new sageuk poll is up!

• Which is your favorite kiss in a sageuk?
  • Who is your favorite second lead?
  • Who annoys you the most in a sageuk?

Please vote! :kiss_wink:

Thank you!
Your Event Organizers @partyon & @Lmangla

:piggydance:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Ep 10 

WHO AM I?

" Recently.. I started seeing strange vissions. I must be sensing someone else's memories. But they are vivid like they belong to me." (Shaman Weol, Ep 10)

ImperfectDangerousArmednylonshrimp-small

gif: gfycat

This is one of my all time favorite scene and also I think one of the best scene of MTES, when the king takes shaman Weol to Eunwolgak in the middle of the night. Their unspoken longings to each other inside their memorable place, Eunwolgak, made me cry this morning when I re watch ep 10. 

"Tell me.. Do you truly not know me? Have we really never met before?" (The King, ep 10)

" Who are you hoping to find, when you look at me?" (Shaman Weol, ep 10)

One were hoping that the other one was someone he was looking for, while the other one was hoping that she was the one that being sought by the other one. 

"There is no way those memories are mine, right? No matter how much I resemble her, I cannot be her, can I?" (Shaman Weol, Ep 10)

Ep 11

CONFESSION

55ab4dcd311f1b205fdd33d102b1fdd491c89168

gif: kdrama amino

'What do you wish to tell her?" (Shaman Weol, Ep 11)

"Tell her.. I love her.." (The King, Ep 11)

I only able share a few of my thoughts this week, very few :D , so I only type a few too. hahaha.

Btw I don't know much about how people usually would confessing their feelings in the ancient times, but I think, I don't know why, I just feel that the conversation above is not fit with the current situation at that time. In my POV actually, after being desperate and long for Yeon Woo in years and being cold hearted to his queen, a confession like "I love her.." could not describe of how much the king loves Lady Yeon Woo. I was hoping that the writer nim would make another lines but I also don't know how to verbalize it hahahaha. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

All of you guys' posts are great ...... though @Jillia said one of her posts as lazy.. I think I'm the laziest here... after unable to break from the "writer's block".   

This is where we are learning about the royal wedding before, during and after ..... Is it more challenging compared to the ordinary people at that time?  One part that I love is the subtle way of expressing that you like/love somebody. Nowadays it's more direct and faster ... just as everything in our lives (When the King asked her to give the message that he loved her so much.... I guess his heart already knew that was YW) 

Ep. 11 - Love how:

the King "had fun" by creating chaos in the office in order to get more information about YW's supposed death and more "on-field investigation"

- YW and the King had another "academic" banter together... and how he was falling  in love with her again.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Hi All!

Thanks to @H0ney @Jillia and @YongZura⁷ for your posts

I am part of a conference so literally cutting and pasting this week's episodes.

Heading into the last 2 weeks after this.

Grateful to have you as my buddies during this journey. Thank you! Instead of just watching it alone for the first time, I appreciate reading everyone's comments/thoughts etc so far and glad I am part of 2 rewatch parties.

• Moon Embraces The Sun

Ep 12-14 

-The Queen’s dad and cronies decide with the Queen’s inside info that the King likes the talisman and knows of her existence. They plan to use his love against him to get what they want - more leverage over him and a faster fate of the marital bed date. (Kind of funny how long he has been putting off marital relations with her. Surprised unlike the Empress Dowager in Empress Ki - she didn’t try to put another woman or concubine etc to have an heir with someone else. I guess his bad health and broken heart was enough to push the Queen off him and his grandmother.

-Falsely accusing Wol of black sorcery when the King and Queen tried to consummate their marital bed to no avail (the closest the Queen got the King). They accuse Wol of it. Of course she is standing there sadly thinking of the king and Prince YM trying to appeal to her to run away with him and to please look at him. Aww de ja vu but this time like last time it won’t work. Wol is attested with King’s spy Hong Tae implanted in the Bureau watching the proceedings. First just inprisoned but later beaten with the Prime Minister toying with her to lie to save herself. (The truth is not important she is just their scapegoat.  Plus the Queen has her revenge too for her taking the ounce of affection and smiles bestowed on Wol and no one else.)

-Hyun Tae investigating talked to the physician who handled YW and said no foul play but her corpse two hours later was still warm. Funny doing research he embraced a dead man’s corpse to make sure. He reported to the King who got to really think of the matter. Oh was black magic used and top shaman NY is summoned as he realizes at end of ep 14.

-The Prince YM giving up until he heard from Janshil of Wol’s dire situation. Initially you think the Prince YM will ignore Wol’s plight, we know better he cannot ignore her. He even tried to plead with his brother as he did with his father for YW/Wol. Again he is denied and reminded due to his birth status thanks to his mom he cannot amount to much. The one person he wants STILL won’t go to him. But as we know the heart wants what the heart wants.

He pushes through to say the truth to give her an alibi but Wol wouldn’t let him lie about being with her except she said he was there per her personal invite. She couldn’t lie to save herself but she would lie to make sure Prince YM  is not harmed. Aww Wol our dear kind soul. Still the PM and his cronies use the king to manage him in house arrest. When the Prince YM heard Wol is missing he wants to find her. The battle with his pal & King’s personal guard was interesting. That fight was just between friends and didn’t happen. Most you saw expressed in that scene. Felt bad for Prince YM.

The lascivious crony of the Prime Minister lusting after Wol for her beauty despite her injuries and being tortured. Yuck. Creeper.

Shaman NY pleading to the Queens Aunt/Empress Dowager by blackmailing her she would reveal the truth of 8 yrs ago even if she has to die to pay for her crime if black magic. Also her word that her spiritual daughter Wol doesn’t have the ability to do Black Magic. So I was happy she had her get Wol ok even if exiled the key thing she is alive.

I was truly upset to see Wol cruelly beaten for a crime she didn’t commit all due to the palace politics and power struggles. But nothing new there she is a mere pawn. I am surprised if Wol is severely injured . She is a principled person indeed no matter which life she is leading. Plus I am glad she is learning that too often her memories are hearing YW a lot. To the point she rightly asks it is too convenient not to be my own personal memories.

YW mom still haunted by YW and the deep love for her despite the years that have passed since her death. Even when Wol is leaving the palace in disgrace her mom felt her daughter’s presence. Oh the frying and pain. Her beloved brother cut short his travels due to the King’s health. The princess nightmare getting her wish but YW died as a result. She is cute rushing to her dignified husband’s side. He is patient with her and it was good he comforted her.

The King went to his grandmother for backup/help to handle her brother the Prime Minister. Of course, she is happy to get a favor promise out of him for future use. Not surprised. Her look of glee to have her power acknowledged over her grandson. Also later using Wol to appease YW spirit as she and the Queen hear her wails. Ironic the body /vessel shaman used is the person with the grievance. The fact NY foresaw the Eclipse returning everyone to their right place.

Love Eunuch HS speaking of serving the country then him, when counseling him to avoid the torture area where Wol was located. Also Eunuch HS let the king see off Wol making him a snowman. The prior time the king asked for it with pure and never used  snow  and stepped out that time and encountered Wol. These two plus his guard do care for the king. When the king saw Wol in her prison cell he felt horrible lying to her and having no words of comfort but she had more concern for him than herself (she did the same when Shaman NY visited her). Glad he could l lean in his body guard.

Seol upset with Shaman NY and I cannot blame her. Glad she set the others straight speaking ill of Wol.

Looking forward to the reunion of the OTP. Wol knows who she is and the king has a strong idea of the truth. I cannot wait for YW reunion with her family. Still with the king he is unstable and doesn’t hold much power. With the Queen being his grandmother’s niece , what can he do?

• Love 3

So I watched episode 12, 13 and 14 and oh dear a lot happened and I tried to split it up a bit to make it easier for me to write. :D But we definitely went from happy or at least somewhat peaceful times to the last act of the drama, so things slowly got more serious and then escalated in at the end of episode 14.

So let's crack on, shall we! :D

Lee Hwon's Investigation of Yeon Woo's Death:

I have to admit I completely forgot about this part when I was watching this drama for the first time and even when I rewatched the drama years ago, it's not something I remembered. So I'm thankful that I appreciate this plot even more, especially since the writer doesn't waste characters and brings back Hong Gyu Tae who young Lee Hwon asked of to make the students be on his side about the crown princess' selection.

So it's actually smart to bring back such a loyal person and ask him to re-investigate the death of Yeon Woo. Especially since the former king's servant ended his own life (which he most likely didn't or did he out of guilt?).

Spoiler

Anyways... Hong Gyu Tae is a smart guy and finds out quickly that Yeon Woo wasn't murdered by her father but also not poisoned overall. Instead he finds out she was in good health and her body stayed warm even hours after she passed away. No wonder her mother kept asking the doctor to confirm she was really dead. :(

Spoiler

Lee Hwon is right though that Minister Yoon and the Dowager Queen are expecting for Lee Hwon to be suspicious of the circumstances under which Yeon Woo died. So it's like a cat and mouse game in which sometimes the one or the other is ahead in the game.

Spoiler

A actual fun fact was though that Hong Gyu Tae wondered and got frustrated about what happened to Yeon Woo and asked the heavens to send him a sign and he promptly ends up arresting Yeon Woo.... So  I guess he got his sign. She isn't dead.

Spoiler

Prince Yang Myung's Path to Anger:

His plot becomes more tragic in each episode. All he  wanted was to have another chance with Yeon Woo in his next life and now that he found her, she still won't love him, not even without any memories of Lee Hwon. It must feel frustrating to be always the 2nd choice or not even that.

I liked when Prince Yang Myung called Yeon Woo out though. She was with Lee Hwon, watching the puppet play and forgot that she was supposed to meet Jan Shil in her exile. So it was nice to have him tell her that. Even though it's not really his place to say.

Spoiler

He was brave enough to confess his love and equally brave enough to ask Yeon Woo/Wol to run away with him. That he would be ready to give up his title and to just be with her. But she is very honest and downright  rejects him in her kind way. Which of course probably hurts even more than if she had been angry with him.

Spoiler

So he of course is honest about this as well and when Yeon Woo runs to see Lee Hwon... he actually questions what she said before that shamans aren't supposed to love and only to love the god they believe in. Which for Yeon Woo obviously isn't the case.

Spoiler

When he is rejected I'm not surprised he was ready to leave again and I think it would've been best for him to just leave everything behind but in the end and despite his words he did care when he heard Yeon Woo got arrested.

Spoiler

And he tried to save her but in the end it just gives Minister Yoon the chance to get rid off Yang Myung as well which is thankfully only turned into housearrest but fuels Yang Myung's growing anger. It worries me where this will take us.

Spoiler

Bo Kyung and the Beginning of her Madness:

Bo Kyung is probably the most tragic character apart from Yang Myung... I thought it was interesting to see her from going to trying to force the wedding night on Lee Hwon to being just desperate to hearing a girl crying and seeing people which she can't see.

Spoiler

But in the end it didn't work out because of the male shaman who did a ritual, to prevent Bo Kyung to sleep with Lee Hwon. He is determined to stop it from happening until the rightful queen aka Yeon Woo is back. Meanwhile Jang Nok Young is determined to remove Yeon Woo from the palace and take her away as far as possible.

Spoiler

To take revenge on Lee Hwon since she believes he does fall ill on purpose, she tells the Dowager Queen about her "dream" about the girl who would told her she would never bed the king and never bear a child. Which is part of the reason why it's so difficult to feel pity for her because she is still calculative.

Spoiler

But at the same time I feel for her when she is telling Lee Hwon she is a woman with feelings as well and that 8 years ago her heart was broken as well. And also that she keeps hearing a young girl crying and starts seeing Yeon Woo....

Spoiler

Which is also the fact for the Dowager Queen which will be important later:

Spoiler

Yeon Woo and Lee Hwon:

For Yeon Woo and Lee Hwon the 3 episode did a full circle. We start of with Yeon Woo knowing she will leave the palace to Lee Hwon finding out about it and ordering her to never leave his side.

Spoiler

I liked the little interaction between Yeon Woo and Eunuch Hyung Sun who is protective of Lee Hwon very much.

Spoiler

Watch-The-Moon-That-Embraces-The-Sun-EpiWatch-The-Moon-That-Embraces-The-Sun-Epi

But at the same time we know this didn't end well anyways... After the ruined wedding night and Bo Kyung talking about the "maid" she dreamt about Yeon Woo is quickly accused of putting a spell on the king to stop the wedding night from happening.

And I can only agree with Nok Young who wonders what Yeon Woo has to go through in her life. It's really some rough episodes for her.

Spoiler

She isn't saved by Yang Myung and only indirectly by Lee Hwon who asks his grandmother for help and now owns her at least one favor. Yikes.

Spoiler

We come around full circle with Lee Hwon coming to see Yeon Woo and basically rejecting her but then breaking down outside in Woon's arms. :( He said it before he is surrounded by the smell of death. He must feel like he dragged Yeon Woo into this.

Spoiler

Yeon Woo meanwhile is branded as a harlot and is actually supposed to serve community hours but instead is taken to the Eunweolgak - the Crown Princess' Palace - to absorb the sorrow of the girl crying there.....

Spoiler

But it's so interesting because without knowing the Dowager Queen by sending Yeon Woo there enabled her to remember her past. And then the powerful line "Yes, the girl won't cry anymore..." It gave me chills!

Spoiler

I'm sorry for the large number of images but I felt like I needed them for these episodes. :D

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone! I hope you guys are enjoying the re-watch event! :kiss_wink:

Just checking in to ask you which episodes you will start commenting on this Wednesday? Is it ep 15, 16 and 17?

We will kick-off another re-watch event soon!  We will give out more information about the dramas selected sometime next week and hope to start the event on Wednesday October 7th :glasses:

re: @Lmangla

• Sad 1
  • Awesome 2

@partyon

Yes, this week we'll watch episode 15, 16 and 17 and therefore our re-watch event fort his drama will end in about 2 weeks. :D

:wow1:

• Sad 1
  • Awesome 1