[Drama 2012] Take Care of Us, Captain 부탁해요, 캡틴

Admin

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PCAP's first ep so was intense!

I can't wait for the eng sub to come out.. HS' really does well in acting. She's so into her character Han Da Jin.. JJH seems to be the snobby type.hoho..

eunhye05 - thanks for the recap!

sukreen unnie - thanks for the screencaps

can't wait for the next episode.

PCAP FIGHTING!!

just done watching the first episode and so far its a very very new role for GHS here. the spoiler is that, she may had graduated in an english speaking country but the way she addresses the english piloting commands( i dont know if its the right term here) its quite disagreable to hear. she may had or they had practice a lot because even if its just a drama, this simple part here must be justified according to their role.

Im just wondering why you should be so concerned about her english..i just finished watching it and her english was understandable just like the way she speak english on her promotion for arirang..to justify your concern you have to remember this is a drama and GHS is not an american or an english woman she is a pure korean and to top it all she didn't even lived in any english speaking country..there's a lot of korean celebrities who grew up here in the US that can't even speak english straight now what are you expecting from her..

PCAP FIGHTING!

Guest bubblysunnie

just done watching the first episode and so far its a very very new role for GHS here. the spoiler is that, she may had graduated in an english speaking country but the way she addresses the english piloting commands( i dont know if its the right term here) its quite disagreable to hear. she may had or they had practice a lot because even if its just  a drama, this simple part here must be justified according to their role.

Lee Min Ho in City Hunter also studied abroad, in the US....WHY oh why then was he not given english lines??  That's because it takes a lot of intelligence and GUTS to speak THE language.  Goo Hye Sun delivered her english lines perfectly fine!

PLEASE CAPTAIN! FIGHTING!!  

Im just wondering why you should be so concerned about her english..i just finished watching it and her english was understandable just like the way she speak english on her promotion for arirang..to justify your concern you have to remember this is a drama and GHS is not an american or an english woman she is a pure korean and to top it all she didn't even lived in any english speaking country..there's a lot of korean celebrities who grew up here in the US that can't even speak english straight now what are you expecting from her..

PCAP FIGHTING!

@Prettywiz...WELL SAID. I for a fact known someone, even went to high school with him here in US and he still cant speak English right. and he has been here for more than 20yrs.

I LOVE this drama so far!!!!!! WOOHOO to tomorrow!!!

Guest Calistarose

I am so glad that GHS has a follow-up drama right after TM has wrapped up. This Captain drama is one of a kind for GHS, I am so glad she accepted her role. It was one helluva impressive first episode, so impactful that one would like to watch it all over again and can't wait for the next episode. I was like sitting on the edge of my seat from start to finish coz it was so unpredictable. Imagine, having two deaths in the family in a row and wow what an effective actor GHS has grown into! The lip trembling and spontaneous tearing up in that hospital scene was superb! And the numbing experience of having two deaths in the family was effectively portrayed by GHS when she was emotionless in that cremation rites. Overall, I find this drama fast-paced and action filled that I look forward to watching it twice a week. It has a powerful cast and for sure there will still be a lot of dramatic scenes to look forward to. GHS fighting!

PCAP FIGHTING!

Honestly, I did not even notice this petty thing as I was so focused on the fast-paced dramatic scenes of the entire episode!

Lee Min Ho in City Hunter also studied abroad, in the US....WHY oh why then was he not given english lines??  That's because it takes a lot of intelligence and GUTS to speak THE language.  Goo Hye Sun delivered her english lines perfectly fine!

Oh, good observation on the character of LMH in CH!

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

1st episode:

Nationwide: 9,2%

Seoul: 10,2%

TNS Media Korea

1st episode:

Nationwide: 10,0%

Seoul: 10,9%

TMTETS is on a 1st place (19,9% in AGB).

hi guys, thanks for all the updates everyone...so far i am actually liking the drama..it exceeded my expectations!!! the whole episode was great, but i have to say my favorite scene was the confrontation between hye sun and chun hee's characters, i already see the chemistry between these two..aahhh i feel like i am going to have second lead syndrome once again, also the scene with hye sun and her dad made my cry...i hope the ratings become higher for the next episode!!!

You should be asking the scriptwriter of City Hunter that question. Such hitting below the belt in defense of Goo Hye Sun is uncalled for.

Here's Episode Rating

Date Episode Nationwide Seoul

2012-01-04 01 10.0 (16th) 10.9 (13th)

2012-01-05 02 - -

2012-01-11 03 - -

2012-01-12 04 - -

2012-01-18 05 - -

2012-01-19 06 - -

2012-01-25 07 - -

2012-01-26 08 - -

2012-02-01 09 - -

2012-02-02 10 - -

2012-02-08 11 - -

2012-02-09 12 - -

2012-02-15 13 - -

2012-02-16 14 - -

2012-02-22 15 - -

2012-02-23 16 - -

Guest eunhye05

Oh dear me...guys guys no fighting here. Let's just respect each others opinions and enjoy the ride...or erm flight. :)

Here's Sue's epic translation/recap of the entire pilot episode while we wait for subs. She's so amazing for compiling this for us in such a short time.

Thanks everyone especially sukreen for all your continuous updates and opinions. Greatly appreciate them.

Not bad ratings...could be better. Obviously we have some strong competition in our midst. :) But.. we're off to a good start. Take Care of Us Captain FIGHTING! Come on South Koreans...you know what drama you should be watching! :D

Thanks so much for updates and caps from PCAP!!

I could not see the prog live.

I am seeing it now. I think it is too much for me to go line by line so I will just fill in the parts that may not be so obvious from the plots.

Summary of Epi 1 of PCAP

It was HDJ's graduation and Kim (JJH)'s first day as assistant  pilot and Choi JiWon (Yoo Sung) is also a beginner as flight attendant.

Why a preg woman is taking a plane? When did that law come into effect in America? Perhaps much later for Korea? That is puzzling. Also I agree too many human errors in the first epi but I guess that is why it is a drma.

Kim lost autopilot status of the plane and the plane went down fast. resulting in turbulance.

At first, the flight attendants told the Cap Han that all passengers are OK. Later, when Mrs. Han was transferred to a bed, Cap Han was told that a passenger is sick. It seems that Han never told anyone that it is his wife--not even to the flight attendants. He is too logical and neutral a captain?

At first they were trying to land in Alaska but there was too much cloud or something. Cap Han says one cannot trust the movement of cloud and he goes for San Fran which is 2 hous away.

Mrs han gives birth and dies. But the flight attendant forgot that she dropped the scissor which is used to cut the umblical dord  guess that is how the baby contracts blood disease??)

Cap Han says that if the plane lowers down and the cloud is too thick and they cannot land, they have to hold in air and cannot move until they land..or something like that...that is why for the sake of over 300 passengers, he chooses the most safe road which is to go for San Fran landing.

When HDJ's mother was talking to HanDJ, she says she has a "present" for her ---I have a feeling that HDJ did not know that he mother was pregnant with her sister??

boy!! A big tragedy followed by such great beginning for these three people--that is how their lives are intertwined.

Kim (JJH) yells at Cap Han that he is sorry but he does not like the Cap. and expresses his great anger--is this how legendary pilots do things? then he does not want to be one.  (JJH's expression was priceless--confusion and disbelief--when Cap Han told him that the preg lady in the plane is his wife and that he cannot rist 300 passengers because of his wife.

JJH feels that Cap Han gave up up in the air. He feels that he cannot follow after Cap Han. JJH says that he is an orphan and craves family love. Even so, he cannot understand what Cap Han did up in the air--even if he thinks about it 100x.

CapHan says that his stripes of 4 symbolizes responsibility---that such 4 stripes saves 300 passengers and killed his wife. when YoonSung becomes a captain, he will understand. Kim Yoon Sung says that if that is being a captain, he does not want to be one. He bows and leaves.

HaDJ and her father: she asks her father if that is what being a pilot is about? she tries to logically understand that her father had no choice but to do what he did.  she understand that pilot's job is the safety of all passengers. But she has a hard time accepting what her father did. She asks him isn't her mother also a passenger? what number passenger is her mother to her father??

At the cemetary, Cap Han says to his wife that she is his number 1,2 and 3. The newborn was infected after birth and contracted a blood disease. Even with treatment, the baby will most likely have a long-term illness.

As CapHan is driving, he gets a text from his daughter: Dad, I am sorry. where are you? He gets so happy to get such a text from his daughter that he stops his car in the middle of intersection!!!! Such a careful captain up in the air and human error on the ground because he became emotional!! I think that is one issue of this drama: confict of logic/rationality and emotionality!!

HDJ also becomes an orphan in few days! She is left with her baby sister to take care of. She comments in front of her father's ashes: I want to believe in your judgment that day. That is why I also wnat to be a pilot like you. Please have a nice flight with Mom. Boo Tak Hae Yo, Captain. (that is the title of the drama and GHS says it to her father's ashes.---very moving and so appropriate.)

Kim Yoo Sung (JJH) takes international flight and I think he finds out through the phone internet that Cap Han died. His phone has Choi Jiwon listed and she is that flight attendant. They must be good buddies together. I guess to become a pior, they have to finish the school (the Red Baron San Francisco School) and then they have to get further training in Australia??

7 years later....

GHS gets that mysterious fortune---Climb Your Llife which she interprets to mean Overdcome Obstacles. She did not even put in the coin and she gets that ball of fortune. She was hoping that JJH would give her a lift. She tells herself that she may have overdome it when he shakes his head and just gives her fortune back and not bother picking her up. she tells herself that he must not be Korean.

As Eunhye remarked, so many symbolisms when HDJ and Kim Yoo sung meet---Fortune is given to her and they meet and the fire crackers and she again sees the fortune which was an ad to climb the bridge and Han DJ takes the challenge and climbs to the top of that bridge in Australia.

So she climbs to the top of that brige and sees that Rainbow of Luck and yells out her positive affirmation that JJH hears and takes her pix and recalls her as the girl who fell on the ground the night before. HDJ yells: I will not give up even if things get hard. I am HDJ who does what she says she will do. You know,,,GHS climbed that bridge on her real birthday in Australia...it must have been very meaningful to her as HanDJ and as GHS!!!

At Sidney International Airport:

Han is to assist (chatting?) Cap Kim. Han wonders if it is Cap Kim who was scouted from another airline. She is excited because his reputation is stellar. He overcame an incident of strong wind and life and death situation  and helped 3 bek-mon( 3,000,000) Australians? into safety and even received commendation from the Australian government (??). Han seems like a character who is boisterous and emotional...keke Han loudly claims that finally she is getting her life's golden opportunity (??). Han recognizes him and was about to ask "if he,,yesterday,,," and quickly becomes flustered and greets him loudly making her hat fall off....Han also seems a bit like a clumsy guy---keke (sorry for my own personal inserts like this...cannot help it)

Cap Kim has a pre-flight meeting with his crew and finds out that a special passenger with heart disease en route to receiving heart surgery will be on board and asks that they give special attention to the patient's relaxation.

Inside the cockpit:

Han is maybe trying to make friendly remarks with Cap Kim talking about their accidental meeting yesterday and how they should have exchaged names. But CapK does not seem enthused. She says it is honor to assist him. But CapK takes her to the work/task mode. But while she is cheking, she turns off the lights. I could not hear clearly but somehow lights shortcircuited and it affected the heart monitoring devices of the patient. so CapK yells at Han to get off the plane and that he cannot work with such an amature. (I wish I understood what Han did wrong...) Anyway, they had to turn onthe auxiliary power.

Han is so funny and so adament about her opinions!!! The CapK yells her to get off and Han tells him that they have to make sure the patient arrives on time for the surgery. But CapK says that is his decision to make. Han does not cower in front of the authority!!! That is such a refreshing quality in a female lead--and she does it calmly too!!! kekeke

Han does not budge form her seat although she is apparently a bit scared behind that huge sunglasses of hers. keke  The flight atten asks if she should close the plane door...Cap asks if the patient is OK and is told that the guardian insists that the patient must arrive on time for the surgery. Han pushes forward and asks the Cap if she should ask permission for the take-off. (She has the guts!!! I love it!! She does not fall apart at making a mistake!! Bravo to Han DJ!!) CapK tells Han that she is staying only because of the patient. Han again loudly asks for the permission to take off and CapK is shocked by her loudness!!   I am cracking up at Han character!!! She is hillarious!!

Enter Hong MiJoo who is the general manger of the airline?? Her father (GHS's actor in many of her movies) is her father and the other guy seems to be the real owner of the airline. So Mr Hong is not the owner or the president. The other guy greets the conference by saying that let us never get sick or get old but only smile and he introduces a newest member to his airline...CapK. Mr Hong knows CapK from his past--something about 2 years ago...

Enter the Air contol/traffic tower:

Lee ChunHee is the team leader. One guy brings coffee over to the work area and Lee yells at him not to do it...but obviously this team leader does not insist on his rule??? The other guy just keeps on drinking coffee. Lee says that if coffee is spilled, the machines may black out.?? One air plane is not moving from the ground when CapK's plane must land. (It is in english so I won't summarize.) CapK's plane is called Wings Air 602. Everything does wrong here and CapK's plane is to hold in air at 3000ft several times and Han is getting hot-tempered. Han and Lee ChunHee chargcters seem very much alike--both are hot-tempered, emotional and are not very rational?? keke both are arguing and CapK yells at Han that it is emergency and it is time to be calm. But Han tells Cap that it is Tower'f fault telling them to go up and down without any alternative plans when they have er patient. Han says maybe they should try for Kimpo Airport but CapK says Kimpo's situation is not that good either and what if the holding becomes longer there? (such a simiilar situation as before when her father was the Cap.) Han asks why don't they try Kimpo at least to see..but CapK chooses to stay and to believe in what Tower tells them. CapK realizes that Han is saying the same that he once told his Cap over 7 years ago....his own flashback....Han wants to try another route but Cap K says that they cannot function on a possibility--they have to be very clear and positive about the consequence. Han says what about the patient? CapK yells at Han if she is only concerned about one patient and not the rest of the passengers.

lee says to himself that he feels like keeping Wings Air circling the air few more times but for the sake of the patient he tells her to come down. But then another emergency occurs ---coffee spilled!!! The Wings Air is cming down but ignition of the other plane ?? does not work. But tower loses communication with the Wings Air...keke...so he uses manual method as you can see.

Han's anger at the Tower is escalating and she cannot communicate either. She threatens over the ear piece that she is gonna get the Tower guy and the CapK is glancing at her with disbelief at her behavior.

When the plane lands safely, Lee also says that he is gonna get pilot Han!!! They are really the same!!! kekek

Face-Off time!!! So funny...got caught by the Cap and the news!! Han insists that it is the Tower's fault. Manager Hong is upset that

such behavior puts the entire airline in bad light. Hong says she regrets meeting CapK in such a circumstance. In some way, this Wings Air may not run a really tightly fitting airline company---the management might be at fault too??? keke CapK tells Hong that he is regretting joining WingAir which is supposed to be a superior airline esp since they put such an amature pilot in the cockpit--meaning HanDJ. He again points to Han and says that he can tell about the airline by looking at one pilot and thinks that Wings Air must review its training system from the beginning.

Han is mad!! But she aplogizes and leaves stomping her feet. keke But she has to have her word in....she tells CapK--aren't you being too harsh. It is the Towers fault...a patient'slife was in danger.

CapK says to Han: you are the worst /lowest of all pilots that he has seen. The lowest of the lowest. he lists three mistakes that she made....her turning off all power in the plane, second putting the passengers on danger and third,,she left the cockpit first when there was a patient aboard...(I guess she ran for the Tower guy!!keke)

Han says that she did make mistakes but that she did her best and that she becomes a little tearful and says that she wanted to make sure the patient will be OK. He rips her stripes (3) and tells her that she does not deserve to wear the uniform. But Han is not going to back down. She puts her stripes back on in front of the Cap and then she has the nerve to ask the Cap...did I do wrong? He also lost his temper now and kicks her in the leg!!! She looks at him with pure hatred......perhaps Han really could not accept  or totally forgive what her father did to her mother 7 years ago----she is on vengeance!!! Woah...what a character!!! I love it!!! GHS really chooses her characters well!!

tomorrow preview:

it is moving too fast for me to really summarize...Someone is asking CapK to help Han become a great pilot. HOng is saying something about 2 years ago. He lived with someone for about 2 years (don't know who). Han says the Lowest live like this....her sister will be introduced. CapK says something about are you looking for sympathy?

Guest ching22194

Me too loved Hye Sun and Chun Hee's confrontation, i always find him funny and i haven't seen any of his drama

so i find it rather refreshing. The first episode is so intense you couldn't get off your seat, my mom was calling me to do something for her and i just yell back "how can i if i'm still watching" so she had to wait for an hour.. :lol:

I don't want to miss a thing. :D

I just wish it will do well in ratings considering its up head on with a historical drama.

Big thanks to Sue for quick translation.

I just watched Ep. 1 of PC and it had more of a movie feel than a tv drama and all I can say is......wow....... :w00t: The casting is impeccable! The chemistry between JJH + KHS was amazing, and I'm so proud of KHS, who showed off great acting skills and conveyed a vast range of emotions in this first episode. She had me crying like a baby myself when she had her crying scene and the scene where she takes her father on his last flight was a very sad and difficult moment, but HS delivered it magnificently! I loved her interaction with CH too. It's the first time I've seen him in a drama and I find him to be very charismatic, in a different way than JJH, and I'm looking forward to seeing the development of their relationship. How could you not love this drama? From the first moment, it was filled with great cinematography, magnificent shots of Australia (loved the flying scenes and when HDJ climbs the bridge), the story is very well written and directed and filled with so much integrity, the music is beautiful and I like that song by B1A4, and finally I love how each scene is so well executed and flows from one to the next without skipping a beat. It was like being on a rollercoaster ride filled with ups and downs and unexpected twists and turns!! :D If you haven't guessed by now, I am a diehard fan of KHS, have watched every one of her dramas up until now, and I have to say that she's really grown as an actress and honed her skills, and feel she's showing us her best stuff in PC! Heard some comments from her thread that she's received some negative reviews in the Korean portals thus far, but who cares? I already love this drama and I intend to enjoy every minute of this ride!!! PC Fighting!!!!! :lol:

Episode 1 was a tear jerker! I'll have a ready box of tissue next time. Seems like more unfortunate circumstances is gonna happen to Han Dajin & her sister in the next episode. Saw some fire & broken glasses in the Han's house? Were they being evicted? Have to find out tomorrow.

As what Sue said about pregnant women taking on flight, there's a law & it's not just here in the US but international, that pregnant women can't take on flights on their last trimester- 7,8,9 mos. because of the risk..we're talking 2 lives- Mom & baby. Yeah, the birth condition & the non-sterile environment had the long term effect on the baby, unfortunately. This is how Han Dajin's baby sister contracted the disease.

I love the confrontations between CapKim & Han DJ, also LCH (dunno his character name) & Han DJ. GHS's character has some fire on her that is so hard to put out. kekeke..she will always have the last say. I couldn't believe CapK would resort to kicking her on the shin. I don't agree with that! (minus 10 points for you CapK) Love those big round eyes of GHS!

The writers did a good job in showing each's job responsibility. Esp. the Captain has to choose or decide the one that would benefit the many. That's how it is when your job involves service to humanity.

Overall, this was a very good episode & deserves high praises. A mixture of drama, suspense, & a touch of comedy. The characters were all well- played by the cast! Hooray for that!!!!

GHS's english sounded good enough to me... I'm so proud of her for learning how to speak English. Good job Hye Sun! At least the writers showed it for justification that GHS went to school in San Francisco.  :w00t:  One way or another Han Dajin can speak english.

I'm ready for

the second episode. More power to PCAP!     :w00t::wub:

Whoah!! there's a lot of tension and very emotional on its first episode.. Wow! GHS crying scene was excellent for sure even televiewers/me join in her crying scene, huhuhu  tears.gif 

From the beginning until the end of the first episode the cast portrayed their role with a remarkable acting especially GHS, JJH and LCH comfrontation.

See you again later :)

Archived