[Drama 2012] Take Care of Us, Captain 부탁해요, 캡틴

Admin

Guest zzgila

Hi Y'all...

I am so gonna miss all of you especially Eunhye05 and Sue...you guys have been such a doll!!!...

Appreciate what you have done...

love reading all of the comments..sometimes it cracks me up...especially when i had a tough day during work stop everything and come here to read..!!! love ya all!!

Hope to see you guys again..!!! :tears:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my crazy day today, I saw a plane on its way to landing and though of PCAP. I heard on the radio that lighting hit a few planes near Hobby airport in Houston and gasped, then thought immediately of PCAP. How scary it must have been for those folks on those flights. I know the planes can withstand it, but still - loud and scary.

PCAP is still on my mind. I'm still waiting for english subs as well. Even though I saw the c-subs, sometimes, I find things translated just slightly different (words wise) in the two languages so I just like to see both. :) I'm super happy for all the redemption and the forgiveness that was abundant in the end. Maybe our PG-13 couple can kick it up a notch after a few years. :) I love them!

I'm looking forward to Yoo Sun's movie that coming out in a few days! Hot!! And also the next SBS drama and also GHS's AB... although I admit that for someone who has been watching twdramas since forever (before the dawn of the tw idol drama), sometimes one really has to be in that mindset to watch one. Nonetheless, I hope that she can shine in it.

Im gonna miss PCAP. Co-Pilot Han Da jin, Captain Kim, Poosong, and all the casts. For me, PCAP will always be the best Korean Drama. 

Thank you so much Eunhye and Cheerkoo for the all recaps. I always go back to your recap even I watch it sub title. Really help me to understand the situation. I really appreciate your time and effort to share this with other Flyers...

Take care all...

I've been missing PCAP since it ended so i watch it again via marathon hahahA and wow i really appreciate it more.PCAP is for me THE WINNER OF THEM ALL :wub:

GHS acting using her eyes was amazing..IM REALLY PROUD OF GHS SUBTLE BUT DEEP ACTING IN PCAP!

dont worry sis our sister @drmjs is certified Sunnies now :) yeahhhhhhh

I didnt know you were a drug dealer aka pharmacist, I'm actually a nurse :)

Oh yeah! I also wanted to be a nurse but doing bedside must be tough. I'm perfectly fine behind the counters & inside my office. kekeke

I have korean pharma techs that made me hook on Korean dramas. So, this is how it started. After seeing Pure19 & BOF, I become GHS's no1 fan then on. I follow her closely. Although I still watch other korean dramas too that were recommended by some friends...:w00t:

PCAP is one of the best I've seen too. Kudos to the writers & staff.

I hope the lead actors/actresses will have awards at the end of this year. Will

the public have participation in voting? I will surely cast my votes.   :wub::rolleyes:

Once again, Goo Hye Sun (as have all of the other castmembers of PCAP) has done herself proud by turning in a sterling performance in a far better than average drama. As this actress refuses to tie herself down to anything other than thought-provoking, career improving bill-of-fare, we are, once again, treated to seeing her soaring and growing in a continuous upward arc. :P Ratings, as we all are aware, are often buttressed by factors not always in agreement with excellance in performance. Not that I can take anything away from our little drama's greatest competition, as the cast of The Moon That Embraces The Sun, is indeed quite stellar, and we know from experience that historical dramas tend to rule the roost whenever they appear. I wish the cast and crew of that production only the best.

Our little drama is, and has been, the heart's delight of both it's castmembers and their fans and owes a large amount of it's actual popularity and patronage to the ever-growing internet audience and the ever-growing army of Goo Hye Sun supporters. ;) For those of us who love her will follow her wherever she appears, (even if some of us are somewhat be blinded in our allegience) the fact remains that this talent has yet to appear in any production lacking in either substance or entertainment value. Much like her sunbae, Kim Sun-ah (and so many others too many to mention), the inclusion of this actress in any production generally means that something good is going to happen.

Lest anyone believe that my favorite talent is the only one that I, personally, deem worthy of praise, I can assure you that this is not the case. For this production, I would also give high marks to her co-star Ji Jin Hee, (whose works previously have escaped me), second lead Lee Chun Hee (who I knew from Smile, You), second lead actress Yoo Sun (Choi Ji Won) who I fell hard for as Bokshil/Jennifer in The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House opposite the great Lee Pilmo, the girl everyone loved to hate, Lee Sung Min aka "Clara" (Hong Mi Joo), and, of course little 'Fluffy', of whom one would have to be completely evil not to like. :rolleyes:

We each retained our boarding pass and journeyed this flight which began with bumps, bruises, tragedy, sadness, and remorse, and ended (fittingly), with growth, love, redemption, and foregiveness for all parties concerned (including us), just as it should have. As with all of her journeys, thus far, I consider myself fortunate to have accompanied the marvelous Goo Hye Sun along with faces both familiar and new to me throughout this trek. As a lurker, I'd like to personally thank all of those who have both added to and created discussions and kept the positive and uplifting spirit that is nearly aways present here at Soompi at the high level which we value as tradition. Soompi is, and has always been the best and safest place to visit on the net. It is due to the high level of integrity of our contributers that this is possible. Thank you for being who you are... :)

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

Take care of Us, Captain Episode 20 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

takeCareOfUsCaptain.jpg

Take Care of Us, Captain 20 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3635-take-care-of-us-captain-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest eunhye05

Thank you Robbo4 for that very profound and articulate dedication. :) I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you everyone for sharing this entire flight with us! It was an amazing ride! I enjoyed all 60 pages of this thread and hope to see you all in other threads again. I know I've found soompi friends in most of you already. I will miss weekly recapping this show, I wish we could know more about what happens to our dear Captain KYS and HDJ. Do they marry? Did Fluffy recover fully? Will KDS, CJW and HMJ find their true loves in the end? :) I like open-ended storylines as we're left to interpret freely what we'd like to become of our OTP and the cast. I can go as far as seeing future little DJ and YS flying the skies after their parents too! hahaha! :D

I wish Take Care of Us, Captain all the best as it premieres in other Countries. It may not have been number 1 during it's run in SK but I'm confident it'll definitely deliver and that it's stellar cast will get the recognition they deserve. I also hope we'll be seeing them again during the SBS awards later in the year. :)

PCAP Fighting! May you continue to soar higher and higher! :D

I like open-ended storylines as we're left to interpret freely what we'd like to become of our OTP and the cast. I can go as far as seeing future little DJ and YS flying the skies after their parents too! hahaha! :D

Eunhye05 - Yes! me too. I can also see, just like the scene where little YS was in the cockpit with his captain daddy sitting on his lap, future little DJ and YS with either captain mommy or daddy sitting on their laps. Would be super cute!! wub.gif

Guest xiandi

hi everyone!!! any link available for episode 20 softsubs??

another kind request, does any of you know where was the location of DJ's house? or I might as well sa Pal Bong Ajussi's house? I'll be there in Seoul by April and I was just wondering if I can drop by there and get a photo ^^

Take Care of Us, Captain

We were all swept with the drama and the romance of it all, like what I said at the start, I like watching dramas that entertain and educate. So I'm sharing with you what I learned from PCAP. Disclaimer: I'm posting stuff I've learned and eventually pursued for better understanding. If you think I'm wrong, in the spirit of sharing, feel free to correct me.

What are the generally accepted rules for flying while pregnant?

Surprisingly, pregnant women are allowed to travel up to 36 weeks AOG (age of gestation) provided that they do not have complications that would put them in harm's way while flying. They should also secure a consent from their obstetricians if they're at the last trimester of pregnancy. Airlines have varying rules regarding flying & pregnancy. Some airlines are strict like they do not allow pregnant women, who are within 30 days of their expected date of delivery, to travel; others are more lenient. (credit: FAA)  So HGP cannot be blamed for allowing his wife to travel at a late stage, maybe Mirae & Wings' rules on this follows the latter.

Can a plane's auto-pilot be easily disengaged?

Autopilots can and do fail. A common problem is some kind of a servo failure, either because of a bad motor or a bad connection. A position sensor can also fail, resulting in a loss of input data to the auto-pilot computer. Fortunately, autopilots for a manned aircraft are designed as a fail safe - that is, no failure in the automatic pilot can prevent effective employment manual override. To override the autopilot, a crew member simply has to disengage the system, either by flipping a power switch or, if that doesn't work, by pulling the autopilot. Pilots must know how to use every feature of an autopilot control system, they must also know how to turn it off and fly without it. (credit: HowStuffWorks) CK was supposed to be the "star" pupil under HGP who should know the very basic stuff, so it's completely ironic for him to be that careless. So I guess, what we saw, how CK accidentally "disengaged" the autopilot, was purely for dramatic effect folks. It cannot happen as simple as that.

For CK's "mistake" which led to the death of HDJ's mom, can he be held accountable to the Law?

Pilots are not expected to be superhuman beings, and it must therefore be accepted that they will make mistakes, some of which may have disastrous consequences. If it can be proven that the error equates with negligence in the pursuance of their duties, then they may be subjected to the full force of the Law. However, because pilot error is a multifactorial phenomenon, which is imperfectly understood, the initiation of legal proceedings may be difficult. If a penalty is to be imposed, the law demands a degree of proof which may be greater than that demanded by some investigating authorities, before implementing the appellation 'pilot error'. (credit: PubMed) The fact that HGP was captain when it happened - The "Captain of the Ship" principle in jurisprudence applies. CK was a rookie given responsibilities way beyond his scope (his first flight as a co-pilot), therefore CK was still under his supervision. If he were to initiate charges then it would have been self-defeating.

Do flight attendants undergo training for emergency procedures?

Yes and it is a pre-requisite prior to being a full fledged flight crew member. They undergo rigorous training called EPT or emergency procedure training, which covers a lot of medical emergencies, including child birth. The senior staff are especially trained to act independently with minimum supervision. (credit: JAMA & FAA) CJW's action during the emergency situation was remiss. She was, in effect, negligent when she failed to notify her superiors of the on-going emergency situation. So no matter what kind of emergency it was (abruptio placentae or uterine rupture), proper emergency procedures should have been carried out immediately, whether they are able to save the passenger or not.

What was Fluffy's illness?

The best response would be tetanus and sepsis from which she has adequately recovered. I am assuming that the kid was sickly due to her being born pre-term, which means that her vital organs have not fully developed (valvular heart problems or infective endocarditis with sequalae?). But the kid was able to thrive, so I would say that she should, realistically, be hale and healthy. It's a drama so they just added in thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) to the mysterious illness which led to the bleeding episodes in the end. She just doesn't fit in any of the disease syndromes that are medically accepted, ergo my conclusion? It's a disease that can develop and exist only in kdramaland! Hehehe

Hmmkay, I'm just adding stuff that is nice to know. Yep, we really were swept with the romance...it's a kdrama...so as expected, it should be larger than life! It ultimately served it's main purpose, and that is to entertain. Props to the actors...Gu Hye Sun, Ji Jin Hee, Lee Chun Hee and the rest - job well done guys!

Take Care of Us, Captain

We were all swept with the drama and the romance of it all, like what I said at the start, I like watching dramas that entertain and educate. So I'm sharing with you what I learned from PCAP. Disclaimer: I'm posting stuff I've learned and eventually pursued for better understanding. If you think I'm wrong, in the spirit of sharing, feel free to correct me.

What are the generally accepted rules for flying while pregnant?

Surprisingly, pregnant women are allowed to travel up to 36 weeks AOG (age of gestation) provided that they do not have complications that would put them in harm's way while flying. They should also secure a consent from their obstetricians if they're at the last trimester of pregnancy. Airlines have varying rules regarding flying & pregnancy. Some airlines are strict like they do not allow pregnant women, who are within 30 days of their expected date of delivery, to travel; others are more lenient. (credit: FAA)  So HGP cannot be blamed for allowing his wife to travel at a late stage, maybe Wings' rules on this follows the latter.

Can a plane's auto-pilot be easily disengaged?

Autopilots can and do fail. A common problem is some kind of a servo failure, either because of a bad motor or a bad connection. A position sensor can also fail, resulting in a loss of input data to the auto-pilot computer. Fortunately, autopilots for a manned aircraft are designed as a fail safe - that is, no failure in the automatic pilot can prevent effective employment manual override. To override the autopilot, a crew member simply has to disengage the system, either by flipping a power switch or, if that doesn't work, by pulling the autopilot. Pilots must know how to use every feature of an autopilot control system, they must also know how to turn it off and fly without it. (credit: HowStuffWorks) CK was supposed to be the "star" pupil under HGP who should know the very basic stuff, so it's completely ironic for him to be that careless. So I guess, what we saw, how CK accidentally "disengaged" the autopilot, was purely for dramatic effect folks. It cannot happen as simple as that.

For CK's "mistake" which led to the death of HDJ's mom, can he be held accountable to the Law?

Pilots are not expected to be superhuman beings, and it must therefore be accepted that they will make mistakes, some of which may have disastrous consequences. If it can be proven that the error equates with negligence in the pursuance of their duties, then they may be subjected to the full force of the Law. However, because pilot error is a multifactorial phenomenon, which is imperfectly understood, the initiation of legal proceedings may be difficult. If a penalty is to be imposed, the law demands a degree of proof which may be greater than that demanded by some investigating authorities, before implementing the appellation 'pilot error'. (credit: PubMed) The fact that HGP was captain when it happened - The "Captain of the Ship" principle in jurisprudence applies. CK was a rookie given responsibilities way beyond his scope (his first flight as a co-pilot), therefore CK was still under his supervision. If he were to initiate charges then it would have been self-defeating.

Do flight attendants undergo training for emergency procedures?

Yes and it is a pre-requisite prior to being a full fledged flight crew members. They under rigorous training called EPT or emergency procedure training, which covers a lot of medical emergencies, including child birth. The senior staff are especially trained to act independently with minimum supervision. (credit: JAMA & FAA) CJW's action during the emergency situation was remiss. She was, in effect, negligent when she failed to notify her superiors of the on-going emergency situation. So no matter what kind of emergency it was (abruptio placentae or uterine rupture), proper emergency procedures should have been carried out immediately.

What was Fluffy's illness?

The best response would be tetanus and sepsis from which she has adequately recovered. I am assuming that the kid was sickly due to her being born pre-term, which means that her vital organs have not fully developed (valvular heart problems or infective endocarditis with sequalae?). But the kid was able to thrive, so I would say that she should, realistically, be hale and healthy. It's a drama so they just added in thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) to the mysterious illness which led to the bleeding episodes in the end. She just doesn't fit in any of the disease syndromes that are medically accepted, ergo my conclusion? It's a disease that can develop and exist only in kdramaland! Hehehe

Hmmkay, I'm just adding stuff that is nice to know. Yep, we really were swept with the romance...it's a kdrama...so as expected, it should be larger than life! It ultimately served it's main purpose, and that is to entertain. Props to the actors...Gu Hye Sun, Ji Jin Hee, Lee Chun Hee and the rest - job well done guys!

I like your comments ...It was a very beautiful drama ...Gu Hye Sun, Ji Jin Hee, Lee Chun Hee and the rest - job well done !Congratulations !!!I remember how I was wondering if she  would be able to forgive or not ...If it will be a happy ending or a sad one...i miss doing that...

i have been a lurker in the thread for quite a while....because of my busy sked i stopped watching at around ep 8 and has just been reading the posts here .... thank you very much for all the recaps and insightful comments.... will marathon the rest of the series once I finish dloading :)

Archived