‘Snow White and The Huntsman’ [June 2012]

Guest massive toene

Guest natashaefrosia

^
LOL

The film really didn't live up to the expectations that the trailer produce. For me, the biggest flaw is KS weird acting and her horrible accent. cinematography is amazing. The only thing that saves the movie is Charlize's acting. She's brilliant and made the movie more bearable.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest XxSwt Lilo LuverxX

This is one of those misleading movies that have all the good parts in the trailer. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Starlitelet

I went in with low expectation, and walked out surprisingly pleased.
The cinematography and music score worked very well together. The gothic-like creatures were also fascinating to look at. I enjoyed their take on the dark forest. Even though Stewart's acting was lacking (still better than her in Twilight), Charlize Theron majorly compensated for it. I honestly believe the heart of the story in this version is Ravenna. Moreover, I wish the action sequences were longer. There were some scenes that I thought was unnecessary, but oh well... There were also some unrealistic aspects, such as how Snow White was able to communicate with others so easily after being locked up for that long. How on Earth was she able to wield a sword too? I just didn't buy how she moved the whole nation that easily because she certainly did not move me. I mean, if you ignore those aspects, the movie is very enjoyable. It kinda felt long though. It was around 2 hours, but it felt like 3 hours for me.
Man, Stewart and Theron looked so beautiful in this movie. I loved Ravenna. I wished they gave her more depth. However, I will admit that she had the most depth out of all the characters.
I'd say 8/10. I guess I gave it a boost because of how surprisingly entertaining it was. Also, don't let the critics fool you. This movie ain't bad, if you don't have such high expectations.

Guest nana544

The trailer was nice, but the movie sucks so much! It was KStew's acting that makes the movie so terrible!!! She is just like the same from Twilight, her acting and her emotions and her voice---just all the same and she did not look like Snow White to me. I seriously think KStew only gets the part because she have connections---it would be a better movie if there were a different girl that play---someone new that they audition for. And yes, I went to watch this film just for Charlize; her acting was amazing and awesome!!! She sold me and she was so beautiful, yet very scary! Overall, I would rate this movie a 7/10.

Guest AAgurl789

charlize was GREAT to watch although some of her scenes were a bit too exaggerated for my taste. She's the star of the movie definitely. They've placed her in all of the trailers to lure us in and all of her good scenes were scenes that you've seen in the trailers really.

kristin's speech made my ears hurt. The dialogue was just whack and her enunciation of certain parts were uncalled for and just lacked that inspirational tone. She simply placed emphasize on the wrong parts and the dialogue didn't help at all.

6.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

I found Kristen Stewart's acting still very awkward. :/ or I might just be bias. When she did the fierce, motivational speech, it felt like she was just shouting at everyone...

I still disapprove of Kristen Stewart being cast as Snow White, she's not the soft kind of beauty that I always pictured Snow White as. They might have been trying to find a "stronger" version of Snow White, but she could have still been that soft pretty, yet strong in personality.

However, I liked how the movie included the huntsman's story, it's always an overlooked part of the fairy tale. I completely forgot that the movie was meant to have dwarves in it until they came out... and was it just me, or was there 8 dwarves in the movie? <_<

Archived