Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest racheeh

Tea Tree Oil Makes skin worse?

Guest fxoxoxo

tea tree oil is a hit or miss.... if its making you breakout, you should stop using it.

Guest namba1

I think this only works on certain people. Personally i didn't see any benefits, it just made a skin feel oily.

Tea tree oil, imo, is best used as a spot treatment for acne as it will essentially breakdown and dissolve pus & fluid under the skin. It isn't really suited to being used as a main ingredient in face care products due to its very astringent and drying nature, and because its an oil... Its great for cleaning small injuries, great for spot treating areas packed with pus or fluid, like pimples or small abscesses... But generally not that great as a key ingredient in face care or hair products. I keep a small bottle of Tea Tree essential oil and apply it with a q-tip as needed. But thats it.

Guest moonsky

it works for me. but i dont think everyone reacts the same to oils...

Guest mysune

If you have sensitive  & oily skin , tea tree will be good for u. But if you sensitve & dry skin. Tea tree will tear off your skin. If u want to know more a out product recomendation , feel free to message me!

I've found that tea tree oil doesn't work too well for me either. I used The Body Shop's tea tree facial line many years ago and it didn't do too much for my skin (no visible improvement). I tried the night serum I believe it was 2 years ago and had an allergic reaction to it, so...it really depends on your skin. I think with any natural stuff (natural oils, extracts, etc) there's actually a bigger risk of an adverse reaction, so use with caution. Tea tree oil in general also stung my eyes a lot...I had used an organic tea tree oil shampoo that my mom just stuck in my shower and even with rinsing, it always stung my eyes. =/

Guest xhelloricey

Tea tree oil worked well for me but it scarred my face pretty bad (I didn't both to dilute it which is my fault). Like others said, if you dillute it with some water and apply it at once a day your acne should get better. Then again, everyone's face reacts differently. Sometimes you got to get everything out for your skin to clear up! :D

Guest lattecloud

100% tea tree oil is best for mosquito bites.
calms the redness, stops the itching and makes them disappear quickly.

and I personally find that 100% tea tree oil's antibacterial properties great for spots on the face, really dries out the impurities.
just make sure you apply moisturizer on top (and sunscreen if you're going outside)

that said, I find the smell of the oil is way too strong.