Seoul School of Performing Arts

Guest jasminmin

Guest jasminmin

How do you admission there?
I really want to transfer there, I tried going on the website but it doesn't show it in hangul :( it just shows random characters. Can someone please tell me how to admission there? I've been wanting to go there for a long time. 

Thank you~

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend goes there, so I asked him how the process goes. Apparently there are three specialty areas that are available (performing arts, broadcast? communication? arts, fine arts). You need to call or visit the school to set up an interview + audition date, then on the given date you take a copy of your school records and ID, as well as your portfolio if you're applying for fine arts or broadcasting. Almost all the applicants for performing arts have to do an on-the-spot audition. They judge you based on your interview and portfolio/audition, then post the people who got accepted on their official website.

Guest jooocelyne

My friend goes there, so I asked him how the process goes. Apparently there are three specialty areas that are available (performing arts, broadcast? communication? arts, fine arts). You need to call or visit the school to set up an interview + audition date, then on the given date you take a copy of your school records and ID, as well as your portfolio if you're applying for fine arts or broadcasting. Almost all the applicants for performing arts have to do an on-the-spot audition. They judge you based on your interview and portfolio/audition, then post the people who got accepted on their official website.

Thank you sooo much for the info!! :0

does your friend really go there :D?

You have to audition and stuff to get in? and whats there official website? cause http://www.sopa.hs.kr/index.html has some weird type of text on it >.>...idk its a bunch of �г⵵ �б� ��ϱ� ���԰��� �����Ź� �Դϴ�. 

o.o i dont understand xD...

please message me whenever you can ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Aimeeeeeeeeeee

The schools pretty good~ I went there for an international festival last year ^_^ 

Good luck with the admissions, but as an international student the process takes longer T_T;; 

so wish ya luck! 

Guest epiccuppycake

Thank you sooo much for the info!! :0

does your friend really go there :D?

You have to audition and stuff to get in? and whats there official website? cause http://www.sopa.hs.kr/index.html has some weird type of text on it >.>...idk its a bunch of �г⵵ �б� ��ϱ� ���԰��� �����Ź� �Դϴ�. 

o.o i dont understand xD...

please message me whenever you can ^^

I don't mean to intrude, but can you give me the official website too? >.< I'm trying to get into that school as well, do you know if they take foreign exhange students? O.o

• 3 months later...
Guest mastermei_

If the website does not show you the hangul characters and if they don't have any 'english' on the website it is most likely they will not accept foreign students.

But you can try and email them if you know there email addresses & see if they will accept, because some of them do.

To enter a 'normal' high school in Korea, whether it be a public, independent, performing arts, you will need to know how to read and write some basic Korean and preferably be able to speak that language of course, unless you are attending a foreign language/international school or depending if the school has helping schemes for foreign students.

You will have to go through an exam and because your applying for a performing arts school they will run auditions/interviews, you either have to go to Korea to audition there or you can in some cases film your audition tape and send it to the school, But all schools are different.

Good luck with your admissions

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Lou Kim

Do they accept Foreign student? I mean ~ I'm Asian but not Korean and I really want to study there not because of the Idols but because of their teaching techniques, I can read hangul but I can't barely understand what I'm reading xD LoL , and I can understand a little bit of Korean. I'm pretty afraid when I go there and then take an exam and the whole page would be written in PURE HANGUL.

• 2 months later...
Guest nesseu

I was wondering if there is a difference between "Seoul Performing Arts High School" and "Seoul Arts High School"? and if  it actually exists. Also which is which and yeah... Because according from  Wiki (i know anyone  can edit  but pfft) there are 2  and  are often mixed up?

Guest lisabyul

Mystique said: I was wondering if there is a difference between "Seoul Performing Arts High School" and "Seoul Arts High School"? and if  it actually exists. Also which is which and yeah... Because according from  Wiki (i know anyone  can edit  but pfft) there are 2  and  are often mixed up?

• 6 months later...
Guest Kaessi Pop

jasminmin wrote: » How do you admission there?

I really want to transfer there, I tried going on the website but it doesn't show it in hangul it just shows random characters. Can someone please tell me how to admission there? I've been wanting to go there for a long time. 

Thank you~

hello, I was accepted into school of performing arts?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest arrlin

My friend goes there' date=' so I asked him how the process goes. Apparently there are three specialty areas that are available (performing arts, broadcast? communication? arts, fine arts). You need to call or visit the school to set up an interview + audition date, then on the given date you take a copy of your school records and ID, as well as your portfolio if you're applying for fine arts or broadcasting. Almost all the applicants for performing arts have to do an on-the-spot audition. They judge you based on your interview and portfolio/audition, then post the people who got accepted on their official website.[/quote']

Will it take foreign students?

Guest arrlin

jasminmin wrote: »

How do you admission there?

I really want to transfer there, I tried going on the website but it doesn't show it in hangul it just shows random characters. Can someone please tell me how to admission there? I've been wanting to go there for a long time. 

Thank you~

hello, I was accepted into school of performing arts?

did you do an interview there?

Guest arrlin

The schools pretty good~ I went there for an international festival last year  

Good luck with the admissions, but as an international student the process takes longer T_T;; 

so wish ya luck! 

Is the people there can speak English?

Guest arrlin

HEY i'm new here !! ^^

Soo... does anyone KNOW the address of the actual school ?! 

서울 종로구 펑창동 217 Phone No:02-2287-0505

Archived