If someone dear to me...

Guest Hearted

Guest Hearted

street races
Is it wrong for me to tell that person, they shouldn't. Am I wrong to be worried? Should they stop street racing, as it endanger their lives and the lives of others. My dear person said, nothing is wrong, that they know how to drive, that it's okay since it's usually on a semi-empty road. Also said, that I should be less worried and have faith in their skills. I am also a 'fun ruiner' and that when they look back onto their past, they'll be like, "I wish I raced."

Or am I being too paranoid?

Is it wrong for me to tell that person, they shouldn't. Am I wrong to be worried? Should they stop street racing, as it endanger their lives and the lives of others. My dear person said, nothing is wrong, that they know how to drive, that it's okay since it's usually on a semi-empty road. Also said, that I should be less worried and have faith in their skills. I am also a 'fun ruiner' and that when they look back onto their past, they'll be like, "I wish I raced."

Or am I being too paranoid?

You're not being paranoid at all. I think street racers are being as reckless as drunk drivers, no matter how 'great' their skills are. Even worse because it's a completely sober/conscious decision they are making to endanger the lives of everyone involved along with other drivers/pedestrians.

Sadly, the only way street racers will probably learn is if they get caught and get their license revoked or if they are involved in a crash. I hope that this person will stop though, good luck.

Guest HERMIT

No, you aren't wrong to be worried - and no, I don't think you are being paranoid.

Street racing is obviously an inherently risky and dangerous endeavor regardless of one's skill level. Moreover, it's illegal (at least in my area). So naturally, I can see why you would be concerned. Don't worry, you aren't overreacting. Rather, it's the other person possibly being rather too smug in their abilities and in their comfort level of not being caught.

Guest C4Y --Crazy 4 YeongSaeng--

It only takes one time to die.

Sorry if that's really straight-forward, but you're not being paranoid. It doesn't matter how good they are, it only takes one time to get hurt, or fatally injured. I would feel exactly the same way you do. And honestly, you shouldn't care if you're a "fun-ruiner," because what you're doing is actually showing your special person that you actually care about him and his well-being. He should appreciate that.

Guest angels.disguise

No it's not wrong.

But they probably won't listen to you. They won't listen until something serious happens

and then it's like "ohhhh". I have friends like this and they always have to learn the hard way.

Guest belle-epoque

It's never wrong to be worried about someone. It just means you care. A lot. And that's always a good thing.

I'm like your friends. I'm a risk-taker and adventurous and I don't think anything can stop me unless something physically goes wrong. Like the person above me mentioned, I learn the hard way and maybe your friends will too or nothing bad would happen and all.

Guest janicebigbrother

Unless that's their profession or something, I would think they shouldn't be doing dangerous things, it's selfish that they don't take care of their life as much as they should and are making other people worry about them.

Archived