Didn't tell me he had a girlfriend...

Guest _serene

what should I do with him?
College just started for me exactly a month ago and I feel like it's not going to be such a good year for me... My best guy friend from high school confessed that he like me and I did like him but I just wanted us to be best friends because I noticed he wasn't the one. Then I met another guy and we got along pretty well but as friends, no more. He tells me he has a crush on me, drunk texts me because he parties a lot. I went to my first 2 parties with him being my baby sitter and I really just think we should just be friends but he keeps coming at me even when I told him I only think of him as a friend.

Then comes another guy that I got along pretty well too. I guess way too well. We would hang out, eat, visit each other's dorms and talk till late night. I started to like him and it seemed like he did too because of how we kept hugging and even hugged each other to sleep for one night. But then I found out he had a girlfriend back at home and that just threw everything out of window. The guy that had a crush on me told me that the guy had a girlfriend and heard it from that guy's friend. The thing is though, the guys that he dorms with KNEW he had a girlfriend too but they never told me. They all went to high school together so I'm guessing they knew. No one told me he had a girlfriend and all I feel now is horrible and a jerk for doing all that when he had a girlfriend. I went up to talk to him and asked how come he didn't tell me he had a girlfriend and why he did all that with me. That's cheating. He said he was having problems with his girlfriend and that he started to like me but then their fine now. He said he hugged me and all because of the stupid things you do when you "like" someone. After that, I just didn't know what to do. Even till this point. He still wants to talk to me and I guess I'm fine with talking to him but I can't hate him. I can't bring myself to hate him or dislike him. I really do like him. We spent so many nights together and it just felt so right until that moment hit.

Probably the best thing to do is to get over him huh?

Guest writerstale

It's moment like these that make nice guys finish last. You're going to give the guy a chance who cheats on his gf compared to the other guy who was trying to show you in a positive way that he genuinely cares for you. That guy with the girlfriend is going to do the same things he did to his gf to you. Don't sit up and try to think he's not going to cheat on you. Of course you move on. YOU DO NOT GET BACK WITH THIS GUY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

You threw the situation out the window, now throw him out the window. Don't let this situation ruin your first year in college. There are better guys out there and I guarantee you'll find one who wouldn't treat you like a rebound.

Guest touchofpink

If it were me, I'd stay away from guys like that. He basically used you and hid things from you. Def. not a good 'friend' (nor potential lover).

Guest xLionHeartx

If you're cool being the fallback plan every time he fights with his GF or gets lonely because she's too far away, cool, stick around. Otherwise, blow him off.

Literally.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Seriously, it's college, there are literally THOUSANDS of guys around. You don't need to stick around the one that hides his girlfriend from you so he can flirt. No need to waste time with one loser when there are plenty of other people out there who are more worth your time.

Also, think of it this way. If he does that to his current girlfriend, if you guys get together, what are the chances that he could do it to you too ? Everytime you guys have a fight maybe he'll have another girl in the wing for times when he can't get you

Guest pseudonymous

I'm going through a similar situation, yet it's much more complicated so you should probably happy that you found out sooner, and it'll probably best to forget about him since he is back with her.

Archived