[JAPAN DRAMA 2011] RANMA 1/2 / ランマ 1/2

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

ARAGAKI YUI, KAKU KENTO, HASEGAWA KYOKO, TANIHARA SHOSUKE
Aragaki Yui to star in “Ranma 1/2″ live-action special

The classic manga “Ranma 1/2” is being turned into a live-action drama special this December, starring actress Aragaki Yui (23). The drama will be an original story with Tendo Akane as the main character. The part of Saotome Ranma will be played by actor Kaku Kento (22) and Natsuna (22).

Originally written by Takahashi Rumiko and published by Shogakukan between 1987 and 1996, the manga has had more than 53 million copies printed. The comic has also been adapted as an anime series and has spawned several video games.

In the drama special, Aragaki plays Akane, who is determined to protect the longevity of the Tendo dojo. However, one day her father Soun suddenly declares that the dojo’s successor must be male. This rules out Akane’s intended partner Ranma, who suffers from a curse that turns him into a girl whenever he is splashed with cold water. In order to remove the curse and inherit the dojo, Ranma seeks out a secret hot spring, but he encounters a mysterious enemy.

The announced cast also features Hasegawa Kyoko as Tendo Kasumi, Tanihara Shosuke as Ono Tofu, Furuta Arata as Saotome Genma, and Namase Katsuhisa as Tendo Soun. The casting for the other characters has not yet been revealed.

NTV will broadcast the 2-hour drama sometime in December.

Guest lovebite

Yay! I love Ranma. I wonder how they are going to do the parts when Ranma turns female? and how Genma will look when he turns into a panda haha. I definitely want to see this.

• 5 weeks later...

thank you so much for this! reading this I suddenly miss Ranma and went rereading the mangas and they still make me LOLing and ROFLing (literally) all the time.. ahaha it's been ages!!! really excited to see the live action :w00t:

but seeing the news up there, it sounds like the story will be centered to Akane? well that's okay, but from what I see in wiki d-addict's cast list, there's no Ryoga! oh, how come?! Ryoga is my fave character after Ranma! I'm soo looking forward to see him as the little P-chan :lol:

seems it will air on Dec 9.. cant wait!

ranma001.png

http://www.ntv.co.jp/ranma/index.html

Guest .moony.

^ wow the actor/actresses look nice!

haha when I read the title of this thread I was like WTF!! Ranma 1/2 being made into a drama?!?!?!?!

lol i can just imagine how funny it'd be...this manga is like wayyyy too funny and crazy for words =))

so excited haha cant wait to see it!

• 2 weeks later...

whoah! they can turn this manga into live action??!!! this is a definitely must watch huhuhuhu~~~

japan normally turn girl's shojo manga into live action, rarely a shounen manga. This is definitely a great news~ YAY!

• 2 months later...

Archived