RUROUNI KENSHIN

File:Rurouni Kenshin-p2.jpg

Plot

Former legendary assassin Kenshin Himura (Takeru Satoh) has now become a wandering samurai. Offerring aid & protecting those in need as atonement for his past deeds. During this time Kenshin Himura comes across and aides Kaoru Kamiya (Emi Takei). Her father opened the Kamiya Kasshin-ryu, a kendo school located in Tokyo and Kaoru is now an instructor there. Kaoru then invites Kenshin to stay at her dojo. Their relationship develops further, but Kenshin is still haunted by his violent past ...

Notes

1. Based on popular manga series "Rurouni Kenshin" written & illustrated by Watsuki Nobuhiro - published in Weekly Shonen Jump from September 2, 1994 – November 4, 1999.
  2. Filming begins August, 2011 and is expected to be released in the summer of 2012.
  3. Related titles:
    1. Rurouni Kenshin (2012)
    2. Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno | Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Taika Hen (2014)
    3. Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends | Rurouni Kenshin Densetsu no Saigo Hen (2014)

Cast

Rurouni Kenshin-Takeru Sato.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Emi Takei.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Koji Kikkawa.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Yu Aoi.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Munetaka Aoki.jpg
Takeru SatohEmi TakeiKoji KikkawaYu AoiMunetaka Aoki
Kenshin HimuraKaoru KamiyaUdo JineMegumi TakaniSanosuke Sagara

Rurouni Kenshin-Gou Ayano.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Genki Sudo.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Taketo Tanaka.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Eiji Okuda.jpgRurouni Kenshin-Yosuke Eguchi.jpg
Gou AyanoGenki SudoTaketo TanakaEiji OkudaYosuke Eguchi
GeinBanjin InuiYahiko MyojinAritomo YamagataHajime Saito

Rurouni Kenshin-Teruyuki Kagawa.jpg
Teruyuki Kagawa
Kanryu Takeda

Additional Cast Members:

Trailer

credit: Movieclips Film Festivals & Indie Films

Official Sound Track

ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning [Official Music Video]
credit: ONEOKROCKchannel

Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

File:Rurouni Kenshin- Kyoto Inferno-tp3.jpg

https://static.eigapedia.com/movie-image/rurouni-kenshin-kyoto-taika-hen-poster-2.jpg

Plot

Kenshin Himura (Takeru Satoh) goes up against pure evil Makoto Shishio (Tatsuya Fujiwara) who is attempting to overthrow the Meiji government. The fate of the country hangs in the balance as Kenshin Himura takes up the sword that he vowed to never draw again.

Notes

1. Based on popular manga series "Rurouni Kenshin" written & illustrated by Watsuki Nobuhiro (published in Weekly Shonen Jump from September 2, 1994 – November 4, 1999).
  2. Filming began July 1, 2013 and finished December 27, 2013. Filming took place in Ibaraki, Yamagata, Kumamoto, Shiga, Hyogo, Kyoto, Nagano, Tochigi, Chiba, Kanagawa and Tokyo, Japan. More than 5,000 extras were used for the film.
  3. Related titles:
    3. Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends | Rurouni Kenshin Densetsu no Saigo Hen (2014)

Cast

Rurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Takeru Sato.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Emi Takei.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Munetaka Aoki.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Kaito Oyagi.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Yu Aoi.jpg
Takeru SatohEmi TakeiMunetaka AokiKaito OyagiYu Aoi
Kenshin HimuraKaoru KamiyaSanosuke SagaraYahiko MyojinMegumi Takani

Rurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Yosuke Eguchi.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Yusuke Iseya.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Min Tanaka.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Tao Tsuchiya.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Ryunosuke Kamiki.jpg
Yosuke EguchiYusuke IseyaMin TanakaTao TsuchiyaRyunosuke Kamiki
Hajime SaitoAoshi ShinomoriNenji KashiwazakiMisao MakimachiSoujiro Seta

Rurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Maryjun Takahashi.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Great Kyoto Fire Arc-Tatsuya Fujiwara.jpg
Maryjun TakahashiTatsuya Fujiwara
Yumi KomagataMakoto Shishio

Additional Cast Members:

Trailer

credit: Movieclips Trailers

Official Sound Track

ONE OK ROCK - Mighty Long Fall [Official Music Video]

Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

File:Rurouni Kenshin The Legend Ends-p1.jpg

Notes

1. Based on popular manga series "Rurouni Kenshin" written & illustrated by Watsuki Nobuhiro (published in Weekly Shonen Jump from September 2, 1994 – November 4, 1999).
  2. Filming began July 1, 2013 and finished December 27, 2013. Filming took place in Ibaraki, Yamagata, Kumamoto, Shiga, Hyogo, Kyoto, Nagano, Tochigi, Chiba, Kanagawa and Tokyo, Japan. More than 5,000 extras were used for the film.
  3. Related titles:

Cast

Rurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Takeru Sato.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Emi Takei.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Munetaka Aoki.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Yu Aoi.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Kaito Oyagi.jpg
Takeru SatohEmi TakeiMunetaka AokiYu AoiKaito Oyagi
Kenshin HimuraKaoru KamiyaSanosuke SagaraMegumi TakaniYahiko Myojin

Rurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Yosuke Eguchi.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Yusuke Iseya.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Tao Tsuchiya.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Min Tanaka.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Kazufumi Miyazawa.jpg
Yosuke EguchiYusuke IseyaTao TsuchiyaMin TanakaKazufumi Miyazawa
Hajime SaitoAoshi ShinomoriMisao MakimachiNenji KashiwazakiToshimichi Ookubo

Rurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Yukiyoshi Ozawa.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Tatsuya Fujiwara.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Ryunosuke Kamiki.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Kenichi Takito.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Ryosuke Miura.jpg
Yukiyoshi OzawaTatsuya FujiwaraRyunosuke KamikiKenichi TakitoRyosuke Miura
Hirobumi ItoMakoto ShishioSoujiro SetaHoji SadojimaCho Sawagejo

Rurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Tomomi Maruyama.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Maryjun Takahashi.jpgRurouni Kenshin- The Legend Ends-Masaharu Fukuyama.jpg
Tomomi MaruyamaMaryjun TakahashiMasaharu Fukuyama
Anji YukyuzanYumi KomagataSeijuro Hiko

Additional Cast Members:

Trailer

credit: Movieclips Trailers

Official Sound Track

ONE OK ROCK - Heartache [Official Music Video]

credit: Asianwiki

Official website:
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.uk/rurouni-kenshin/index.html#home

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farstrep

@azzurri: That's amazing, isn't it? It really resembles the actor straight down to a T. I am now looking for some more artwork but they're mostly based on the anime or manga.

BTS without subs:

http://youtu.be/hJIhafHcnug

posterrurounikenshin_zpsc7b2dae9.jpg

I would like to contribute a little regarding this amazing story. As you all know, this was originally a manga written and illustrated by Nobuhiro Watsuki.
Perhaps as an introduction, we need to understand certain terms used. So let's begin with the actual title: "Rurouni Kenshin"
Kenshin is actually the name of the 'hero' in this story, ie Himura Kenshin. As a child he was saved from marauding bandits by his future Master, Hiko Seijuro. Seijuro renamed him from his original name Shinta, to Kenshin which literally means Heart of Sword, and went on to teach him the art of the sword for 6 years. (Will talk about this particular sword art in another post).
Rurouni - here is a complete explanation of this word from wikia.com: Rurouni (るろうに), while being a word invented by Rurouni Kenshin author Nobuhiro Watsuki, has a meaning similar or identical to that of the word rōnin (浪人), which refers to wandering, masterless samurai. While normal samurai served as retainers for feudal lords, if the lord were to be killed or fall from favor, the samurai would then become rōnin and be forced from a life of steady servitude into one of aimless social or economic wandering.Within the scope of the series, the term "rurouni" appears to refer to swordsmen who spend a period of time wandering in search of personal enlightenment or so as to serve ordinary people in need rather than a lord. As such, these swordsmen tend to live on little to no income and have to make do with secondhand belongings or lodgings.
So I guess, the literal meaning of the title Rurouni Kenshin, can be Kenshin the Wandering Swordsman (or Samurai).
:)

I will not be around for the actual movie night, my dear friends. But I wanted to contribute a little, especially for those like me who were unfamiliar with the manga or anime.
There are many strange terms, so when I watched the movie, I discovered that I had to write them down and look them up in order to understand better. So I would like to post those terms and background story that I looked up, so that the movie watching experience would be even more complete for all of you. The Japanese art of fighting and war, as with many things Japanese, was steeped in culture and principles of honor and propriety. This makes the story of Rurouni Kenshin, much like Faith, a story of a warrior's code of honor and loyalty (faith). 
Will try to post several instalments, as there are many terms. Hopefully the movie will be fun for everybody to watch. Hugs!!

I'd like to contribute too ;))Here is a review from Ms. Koala:http://koalasplayground.com/2013/01/04/movie-review-the-phenomenal-awesomeness-that-is-rurouni-kenshin/
and some pics ;))tumblr_mfs6lkgPTL1reoqk3o2_500.png
tumblr_mfs6lkgPTL1reoqk3o1_r1_500.png
tumblr_mfs6lkgPTL1reoqk3o3_r1_500.pngcr to pic owner
source: http://kei-u.tumblr.com/post/39115220225/a-sword-is-a-tool-to-save-people-with

@myphim.... great post! Love Koala's review. I'm glad that on the whole, despite her hating Faith (still bitter about that, LOL), most times her writings are spot on. I LOL-ed at this: I henceforth give thee all permission to go forth and fall in love with Sato Takeru as Himura Kenshin, one-half world weary peerless warrior, one-half mellow easy-going nice guy.
Unfortunately Daejang has spoiled me for any one else, even the awesomeness that is Himura Kenshin. ;)

@azzurri
I agree Uri Daejang spoiled us on any further warriors we may encounter ;)) maybe one day someone could replace him for us and it might just be another LMH character... but I do love Kenshin he has a special place in my heart I've seen the anime and read the manga love him... :))

Continuing definition of terms:
Rurouni+Kenshin+2012+OST.jpg

Hitokiri BattousaiFor those like me, who have not read the manga nor watched the anime, RK was an entirely new experience, and the terms especially relating to Battousai and his martial art was alien to me so I needed to do some research.
First of all, Hitokiri Battousai is not his true name. This is a name that Kenshin was called back in those days of conflict (Bakumatsu). Hitokiri literally means Manslayer. Battousai means the Unsheather (or One who Unsheathes his Sword), and his style of martial art is called Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū. Collectively this can be categorised under Kenjutsu or Art of the Sword, which has 500 different schools. 
The type of Kenjutsu that Kenshin practices is Battojutsu, which is a field of kenjutsu which deals specifically with the rapid drawing and sheathing of a sword. Hence one who practices it is called Battousai.
He was a legendary assassin or hitokiri in the Meiji Revolution, but after which he spent 10 years as a rurouni, and uses a sakabato (reverse blade sword).

azzurri said: @myphim.... great post! Love Koala's review. I'm glad that on the whole, despite her hating Faith (still bitter about that, LOL), most times her writings are spot on. I LOL-ed at this: I henceforth give thee all permission to go forth and fall in love with Sato Takeru as Himura Kenshin, one-half world weary peerless warrior, one-half mellow easy-going nice guy.
Unfortunately Daejang has spoiled me for any one else, even the awesomeness that is Himura Kenshin. ;)

Hi! @myphim I was about to go to dreamland but I saw you here ;)) yes, I think that Emi Takei was the weak link in the movie and like Megumi more ;)) I heard they are going to make this a trilogy... I wish they would make the arc about Kenshin's wife Tomoe and get a better actress for that role... I like the Tomoe/Kenshin loveline even on the anime and manga it has so much depth ;))

I'm off to bed now ;))

nighty-nite-bear-ag1.gif

Maja said: Hi! @myphim I was about to go to dreamland but I saw you here ;)) yes, I think that Emi Takei was the weak link in the movie and like Megumi more ;)) I heard they are going to make this a trilogy... I wish they would make the arc about Kenshin's wife Tomoe and get a better actress for that role... I like the Tomoe/Kenshin loveline even on the anime and manga it has so much depth ;))

I'm off to bed now ;))

Archived