[Chinese Drama 2011] Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心 (Startling by Each Step)

iledrama

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nicky was good as the 4th prince!no matter how many times i watched this show, i always ended up crying non stop.but i felt sad when kevin cheng (8th prince) was rejected due to him unwilling to give up the throne.really liked how they progressed from the beginning!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Doing a marathon of this drama now...
Love love love it! I could not stop even if I want to. I have been rooting for the 4th Prince since the beginning, I don't know why I don't really like the 8th Prince. :D

• 3 months later...

I finally finished this drama. The last few episodes were so heart wrenching especially when he wouldn't read the last letter written by Ruoxi. My voice cracked everytime I sang along to the ending theme which played in certain parts. Even though this drama was sad it was also beautifully wrapped up in the end. I really hope that some of the original cast will be in the movie sequel to BBJX. I haven't seen Bu Bu Jing Qing yet due to bad reviews of a confusing storyline.

My favorite characters are 13 Prince and 14 Prince. I liked Ruo Xi more in the beginning versus when she suddenly decided to disregard her health and worry about everybody else.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A Korean remake of Bu Bu Jing Xin is in the works, to be directed by Kim Kyu-tae (That Winter the Wind Blows, It's Okay, It's Love). The script is still in its early stages, but SBS has picked it up for a new year broadcast. With everything else up in the air, at least the cinematography will be excellent. 

Source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/j/2015-06-25/doc-ifxenncn6712239.shtml?u=2180064315

The instrumentals in the original were beautiful, the script was excellent (some of the lines in earlier episodes were exact replicas of the dialogue in the novel) and the raw and passionate acting - from Nicky especially - has made BBJX one of my favourite dramas ever (unfortunately, that love did not translate to the novel when I re-read the source material). 

I'm always open to adaptions, as long as they do the source justice.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. I'm gonna pass on the Korean version. It's not gonna be accurate to their history. Most of the characters are based on real Chinese historical figures. I can't wait to see the ignorant fans be like "The Chinese people copied Korean dramas again" after discovering there's a Chinese version. haha

• 3 months later...

I watched this drama years ago on Vicki and fell in love with the characters especially Ruoxi and the 4th Prince.  Their chemistry was off the charts. The 4th prince was laid back, but he was sexy and his persona exuded power.  At the end I was heartbroken because they never got back together and the 4th prince did not find out how Ruoxi really felt until after she was gone.  This is one of the best Mainland China historical dramas I have watched. I loved it so much, I am thinking of watching it again.  Great drama, it is in my top four Mainland China historical dramas.  The actors were great, the writers and directors did a fantastic job and the cinematography was beautiful.  I would recommend this drama to anyone as an introduction to Chinese cinema. 

• 1 month later...

Archived