[Chinese Drama 2011] Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心 (Startling by Each Step)

iledrama

@Jen.

ahh you not going to die as bad as I am! I like Hu Ge better than Eddie and Meng Jiu better than HQB. Cried so bad at the end!! I like both guys, but the character Hu Ge plays left a bigger impression on me anyway hehe I'm going to die so bad watching DMY T___T

I hope they don't adapt too many of her stories yet. Lay off the Tong Hua please *begs Tangren and all mainland producers*

LSS is very busy poor girl. I just saw her drama wiki had another drama on it (it's going to be on HBO actually) but looks like she don't play a big role

about BBJX2 i thought they were going to have a Lin Gen Xin - LSS loveline instead? I read from a blog so i don't know how accurate at the moment

haha maybe need to make another thread

so much off-topic haha! Maybe when the DMY drama comes on

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@raini haha I'm actually okay with Eddie because I sort of like him too. I think I'm fine with the casting, learned to accept it and I really like the casts friendship offscreen too, so that's a plus. I think it's better for LSS and Hu Ge too because they're really good friends and filming those romantic scenes would leave them NG-ing way too much. and I read that Hu Ge wanted to play Meng Jiu not that TangRen forced him, apparently he owns half of it lol I didn't know. Maybe you should start a DMY thread! I heard the filming is wrapping up soon or something.
LSS is in TangRen's leading circles and she's popular recently so I guess it makes sense for her schedule to be packed to the hilt. She also has Happiness of an Angel airing soon too. The girl needs rest. I don't know how BBJX2 is going to work. Is TH going to be involved or this is a completely different drama just using BBJX's cast and title?

@raini haha I'm actually okay with Eddie because I sort of like him too. I think I'm fine with the casting, learned to accept it and I really like the casts friendship offscreen too, so that's a plus. I think it's better for LSS and Hu Ge too because they're really good friends and filming those romantic scenes would leave them NG-ing way too much. and I read that Hu Ge wanted to play Meng Jiu not that TangRen forced him, apparently he owns half of it lol I didn't know. Maybe you should start a DMY thread! I heard the filming is wrapping up soon or something.

LSS is in TangRen's leading circles and she's popular recently so I guess it makes sense for her schedule to be packed to the hilt. She also has Happiness of an Angel airing soon too. The girl needs rest. I don't know how BBJX2 is going to work. Is TH going to be involved or this is a completely different drama just using BBJX's cast and title?

@raini no, they were brother-sisters in CP3, but it seemed more like a romantic relationship than sibling love, to be honest. CP3 is on youtube lol not really sure what you mean by don't want BBJX to start in the back. I saw a BBJX2 poster, not sure if it was fan-made or real. Mostly likely fan-made but it was really nice.
@sugarplum892 hehe I've always liked 4th prince since the beginning ^.^

@Jen. haha i just meant that since they won't be having 4th and 8th, it's essentially not even BBJX. If they give the project another name it would make me expect different things. Using that title would just be like a raincloud over my head the entire time I'm watching. I think that's defeating the purpose though. Tangren came up with the project in the first place to milk BBJX anyways *sighs*Yup the poster you saw was fan-made. I had a happy moment too heheIt's been a while since I finished BBJX. I think I'm already reached the point where I'd rather they not dab on it anymore. Let me just enjoy the memories of BBJX is enough.

@raini what?! are you saying Nicky and Kevin won't be in it? I'm so late in this lol No point in calling it BBJX2 then. I heard Jade Palace Lock Heart was a spin-off of BBJX. I checked it out since Yang Mi was in it, but the plot sounds exactly like BBJX...and I'm too sick of time-travelling. 

@Jen.correction, Gong is wannabe version of BBJX haha (or maybe plagerizer?)Yu Zheng didn't buy any rights so he had to change the story enough but it still comes off similar enough to the book that people automatically assumed it's the drama adaptation of the book, plus he was able to finish filming + broadcast before the actual BBJX people that were hooked on Gong actually called BBJX the spin-off. Gong ended up looking more to me like ancient BOF or something haha but yeah it was plenty addicting as all Yu Zheng productions are

@raini what?! are you saying Nicky and Kevin won't be in it? I'm so late in this lol No point in calling it BBJX2 then. I heard Jade Palace Lock Heart was a spin-off of BBJX. I checked it out since Yang Mi was in it, but the plot sounds exactly like BBJX...and I'm too sick of time-travelling. 

Gong = Jade Palace Lock Heart, no? So it sounds like a good watch. I heard YM got even more popular after its airing, but I don't think I can stomach another time-travelling series. 
ohhh well I hope Nicky will be in BBJX2, but I haven't heard anything about TangRen filming for BBJX2 next year, so we'll see. Though I wonder what they plan for BBJX2 in terms of the plot. I mean, if they're going to do a modern version of the drama then there's no need for the 'princes' and they can just pair LSS up with any one of the male casts in the previous. Unless they plan to have the princes reincarnate and have this whole huge wealthy family of men.
Think there's any chance TangRen's going to adapt Yun Zhong Ge as well?

Guest Unplugged

does anyone have the download link to the complete soundtrack of this drama, especially the instrumentals?
i have been searching everywhere to no avail :(

i just finished watching this drama and the instrumentals are truly amazing... all the chinese culture askdjnskjdnf
i'm especially looking for the song that was played at the end of the 34th episode, if anybody happens to know?

help is greatly appreciated! <3

Guest bbwhitesky

Cried so much watching this series. Literally at the end of it I felt dry! Love Nicky Wu even though he's much older than I thought he was. I love 14th Prince too, what a goofy guy haha.

Guest nana544

Hi Everyone :). I think I have not post here yet. I finished watching this wonderful drama last week and it was so amazing!!!! I really like the 4th prince aka Nicky Wu :)!!!! He's so handsome and he play his character very well. Actually, all the actors and actresses all did. Liu Shi Shi aka Rouxi is so pretty!!!! I cannot believe she was in CP3. Anyways, this drama gives me a lot of laugh and as well as a lot of sadness. Towards the end, I was so sad. The story-line between Rouxi and the 4th prince is just so bittersweet. I hope there will be part 2 setting in the modern time. I would like to see what 4th prince and Rouxi again----I miss them and love them so much. Overall, I'm happy I watched this drama because it made my summer and I'm just glad I watched it.

• 6 months later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kevin Cheng Backs Out of BBJX2 Loses 14 Million2em3fpz.jpg
Kevin Cheng Backs Out of BBJX2 Loses 14 Million
Source: Mingpao
Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ asianfanatics.net

Kevin Cheng's popularity rose immensely with his portrayal of the Eighth Prince in the China drama Scarlet Heart (Bu Bu Jing Xin). His fellow cast members also gained widespread recognition for their roles and allowed all of them a steep increase in pay. Kevin's earnings went from 100K per episode to 350K per episode. While everyone is anticipating the sequel to the successful BBXJ, Kevin confirmed yesterday that he would not be taking part in the drama as it would conflict with his filming schedule. Kevin expresses his regrets for not being able to film with the original cast and will not be able to reap in the earnings for the 40-episode drama.

Lately Kevin has been busy attending events in Mainland China and it seems like his rise in popularity has no end in sight. With his portrayal of the Eighth Prince, he also created a huge fan base in China. Kevin returned to Hong Kong yesterday to film an advertisement. He revealed that he will be taking part in a new series that will start filming in February, but it won't be for BBJX2. "Originally BBJX2 was suppose to start in December, but because there were still revisions to the script, it was pushed back until March. I already accepted another project which will start filming in February, so I won't be able to participate in the sequel. It's a bit of a regret. But as far as I know, Nicky Wu and Cecilia Liu have already been confirmed for the project. With them leading the drama, I'm sure both the ratings and the reception will be great. If there is an interesting character, perhaps I will make a guest appearance." As Kevin's per episode earning is estimated at 350K and with BBJX2 being 40 episodes long, Kevin will likely lose out on a $14 million paycheck. Aside from that, there's bound to be disappointment from his fans.

Although Lee Lik Chi has been accusing Kevin of speaking horrendous Mandarin and frequently making changes to scripts, Kevin says he hasn't been paying too much attention to the news and has continued filming dramas. His new project will be another ancient series. After completing 'Ip Man', the drama has been slated for release in March. There are rumours that he'll return to film the sequel with a fee of 500K per episode. Kevin says, "Actually the sequel hasn't been confirmed yet. We'll wait to see what the response is like when it is released in March. Even if we do film it will probably be in the summer, but nothing has been set in stone." There have been reports comparing Kevin, Anthony Wong and Tony Leung's portrayal of Yip Man. Many have said that Kevin's portrayal is one that 'looks good but can't fight'. Kevin says, "The drama hasn't even aired, so I hope everyone will watch it first before they make their judgement. I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to watch 'The Grandmaster'. I hope I will have to time to watch a production of that calibre."

Kevin will be traveling to Korea at the end of the month to attend a joint event between TVB and a Korean television station. What does he think of the Korean wave with artists like SS501 and Sistar? Kevin laughs and says he won't be comparing himself to them and will only be singing. Will he dance PSY's Gangnam Style? "I won't be dancing, I'll stick to singing!" 

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, interesting. So a sequel is confirmed.

Please let it not suck, I have such fond memories of BBJX, I would hate to besmirch it with a terrible sequel.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest sicknine

I just started to watch this drama. People around me started to talk about this since last year and I didn't even pay attention at it.What makes me watched it because I don't have much Korean drama to watch right now :))So far I really like BBJX. I'm on episode 2 now!

Archived