[Chinese Drama 2011] Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心 (Startling by Each Step)

iledrama

Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心 (Startling by Each Step)

Genre: Romance, period drama

Premiere Date: September 10, 2011

Episodes: 35

Based on the novel by Tong Hua. 

SYNOPSIS

Through a car accident, Zhang Xiao traveled back in time into a body of one of her previous reincarnations, a 16 years old aristocratic Manchu girl, Maertai Ruoxi, living in the Qing Dynasty. Although she knows she should not get involved in palace intrigues over the succession to the throne, she inadvertently becomes a pawn in the struggle, because she could not help but love someone, and others came to love her.

cr. http://www.viki.com/...-bu-bu-jing-xin

61ecbb3djw1dj1vin0jazj.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is amazing. It grabs you from the very first episode. I have never seen a drama move at such a rapid pace, without dragging out the plot. Just amazing. I see they took their time to plan out and edit the episodes. So far, definitely an A, 2 thumbs up drama. Is there anyone else watching this drama.

Guest toGETherONE

I believe the Hunan TV version is 3540 eps, while the DVD version is 3035 eps. The DVD version is more extensive and detailed while the TV version is cut and edited shorter.

You can find the Hunan TV version @ alicechensworld.blogspot.com

You can find the DVD version @ dramafairyland.blogspot.com or watch online @ viki.com

One of the greatest Cdramas around, passionate actors/actresses, breathtaking cinematography, beautiful accessories, rich costumes, male actors sacrificing their hair being shave bald :lol: ... a lot of hard work in a grand production. Awesome sauce!.. minus the unpar CG effects. :P

This drama made me cry so much , especially the ending :tears: The plot is intriguing and the cast did a great job bringing out their character. I'm very impressed with Liu Shi Shi's acting toward the last half of the drama where things get serious. Also, Rouxi and 4th prince moments are my all time favorite :) they are so cute together!

I'm hooked with this drama too. I personally don't like this type of drama, I prefer happy easy going one. Moreover, after reading the book and know the ending, it's surprise me that I still want to watch the drama and don't dragging the episode to the end. Here I am, still patiently wait for the english sub in Viki and want to "slowly step by step" go through the drama :) The casts are amazing, mature and really know how to act. The ending (in the book) to me is perfect, I can't think of any other way to end it beautiful like this. I heard the drama is kind of the same though change just little bit. They love each other so much it hurts Us, the one who read and watch how their love story end. Haizzzz I need to find another cheerful drama after this one. Otherwise I feel like my heart in sinking.

I love the OST of the drama, especially this one: Three inches of heaven. I think it fits perfectly for the 4th Prince, don't you think?

Three Inches Of Heaven

Guest strawberrylover

I finished watching this drama within 2 days! Is so amazing that you can't stop watching it after the first episode.

The whole story is so sad and after these 2 consecutive days, I think i might get depression :(

I have one question to ask, remember in the last episode when RX/ZX recognized herself in the picture because of the hairstick and the bangle she was wearing? But when i rewatched the scene when all of them eat jelly and RX wasn't wearing that.

I read on Youtube and one of the person commented that is because 4th prince believed that RX is from the future and so he added them into the drawing to let RX know that she existed in that world. Can anybody confirm this?

I love the OST of the drama, especially this one: Three inches of heaven. I think it fits perfectly for the 4th Prince, don't you think?

Three Inches Of Heaven

sorry for cutting your post! I just want to say that I LOVE the ost song too :] everytime I listen to it, I think of Rouxi and 4th prince scenes, which at the end make me fall into depression :( ooh by the way, I read on weibo that this drama will be broadcast at Korea on Oct 5th :D ii hope this drama will get popular oversea as well ^_^

Also, they showed the Korean version mv for Three Inches of Heaven

Mv

Sindee: Yeah, i heard about that too. I just love this drama even though it breaks my heart :( I also heard that the final ep in Hunan TV will be different from the one we got in youtube? The final ep were on TV yesterday evening. BTW, everytime I listen to the song, I think of Rouxi and 4th prince too...

If there is one thing I absolutely disliked.. than it would be the fact that 4th “knew” that Ruoxi is from the future. I really didn’t like that..! 4th liked RX because she was different from the other girls in that era. She was “ping ming 13 mei”, because she had the guts. If we placed RX/ZX in the modern era, she wouldn’t be much different from the girls here and it was emphasized many times that RX had an “abnormal” character (and 13th’s explanation towards 4th is that RX isn’t from “this timezone”, but in fact, from another timezone: the future).

It somehow indicated that RX’s uniqueness is because she is a future person, not because of the way she is born. RuoXi was special because she was different and independent unlike the other girls, yet they were “the same” people. That’s why 4th liked her so much. But now it kind of ruined that thought, since 13 indicated that RuoXi was different not because she is Maertai RuoXi.. but simply because she is from the future. And that sort of reduces her uniqueness, because she is SUPPOSE to be different.

And deeply within.. I just don't like the fact that he knows that she is from the future. He might be thinking that she is an alien. lol

So I didn’t like that thought and now it’s stuck. If they erased that little detail, the ending would have been absolutely perfect to me (although within my heart, I still prefer the original version: not coming back to the modern times-- the tragic ending was flawless to me.. so much emotion.. I would be perfectly fine if they ended it like that..)

---

I feel like suffering from depression.. LOL. It's serious. I don't have the mood to do anything. I keep thinking about BBJX and my heart is just aching.. I still feel like crying within.

Yinzhen's crying scenes.. the letter.. her death.. the confrontation between 4, 13 and 14.. when he sees all the stuff he gave to her and when he realizes how precious it were to her.. It just literally ripped my heart into pieces when I was watching it for the first time yesterday (yea.. I'm pretty late but I didn't want to watch the leaked version.). Especially Yinzhen's devastating crying scenes.. It just killed me. I’m completely broken and I haven't bawled like this in a while. I was shaking, my voice was trembling.. My tears and my nose were running.. It's depressing.. I feel like crying whenever I think of 4th and Ruoxi.

"There is no emperor in Ruoxi's heart. There is only one person who took my soul away.. and that is Fourth prince".

Ohmy.. I swear.. the letter just literally killed me as well.

The confrontation between the brothers was one of the best scenes I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4TKQLa04M9g

Here is a clip of BBJX promotion where Shishi couldn't hold back her tears.

Shishi was too immersed into her role and the story. She had difficulties pulling herself out.. I remember she once begged a host to not call her Ruoxi or else she wouldn’t be able to get out of her role. So the poor girl can’t hold her tears whenever she sees the sad scenes or the little things between Ruoxi and 4th’s relationship. Nicky had the same thing.. He can't hold back his tears when he sees the props that symbolizes their love story, such as the Mulan hair pin. Ruoxi and Yinzhen’s love story is just too memorable and strong.

Shishi really put 120% of her heart in Ruoxi. She did a wonderful job.

I love Nicky and Shishi. I officially joined the fanclub. And BBJX definitely holds a very very special place in my heart. It's definitely in my top 3.

--

Just wondering.. are there non-Chinese watching this?

BBJX is going to air in Korea. It's going to air on paychannel though. Too bad. Really too bad. I would have been better to air on a popular station as SBS, like Mei Ren Xin Ji.

--

Oh.. you guys all watched the leaked version probably.. I followed the Hunan TV version (yea.. loyal BBJX fan here)..

2 episodes a day.. the last couple days were a torture.. emotionally. It was like slowly ripping my heart. Each and every day. It was killing. In fact.. I really felt depressed during this whole week, I even had some little problems with sleeping. I'm too attached to the story and its characters.

Guest strawberrylover

Bwear: Yeah i totally agree with what you have said. I didn't expect this drama would have such a huge impact on me. After watching the final episode, i feel like the very last energy in drained out of me. I am feeling so depressed right now. I tried to convince my friends to watch it with me but they refused because they have always think that China drama is always bad and they cannot take the slang. But they just missed out one very legendary series :(

I think the ending when they meet up again in the stadium is more saddening than the original version because despite that CZ met the 4th prince in her world, he couldn't recognized her and this fact along is killing me. Urgh, I have been spending my days after that watching and reading all the relevant clips and news because I heard about another possible second ending. I am seriously not a big fan of such sad drama.

Guest chancy426

I'm not really into the time traveling stories because I've had my dose and too much samplings already from The Myth, Holly Pearl, and ultimately Gong.

I didn't really feel like watching it mainly because watched Gong and most of the characters are the same, 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 13th, 14th, crown prince, and all the concubines and all. Since Bu Bu Jing In was focused on 4th, 8th, and the main girl, it was so hard to switch over from the actors inside Gong. The characters were also highly different. There's so much praises going around, so I caved in and decided I'll just read the translations, but as I read on I got addicted and when there was no more chapters left I just moved over to finishing the rest in the drama version.

I'm in like ep 14 right now. I totally adored the 13th Prince's character! He's my favorite Prince so far. I really can't like 8th prince because he seems so selfish and hadn't really wanted Ruo Xi to be with him.  Always it's been "Kingdom or Beauty (or something like that?)." So greedy to want both.

It's one of the most beautiful mainland productions I've watched in years! This drama really restored my admiration in Mainland products, I can't never watch the modern productions because the stories are too slow and not too engaging? I also can't stand that we do so much mainland versions of Korean dramas. I'm sure there's alot of very nice stories waiting to be discovered on internet cafes and even from published books, they should totally make more productions like this. I think Mainland has been doing great with the historical/period based productions (with exception those like Gong which are very fluffy and idol like). Bu Bu Jing Xin though was one of the historical dramas that contained just enough romance to match the political/history parts. I think lots of people avoid historical films because they get too detailed and it becomes boring. I don't think guys seem to have this problem though. lol

"There is no emperor in Ruoxi's heart. There is only one person who took my soul away.. and that is Fourth prince".

I dunno if that's what the drama says because I haven't watched the later eps yet, but in the book, she actually wrote

"... I want to say there's no emperor in my heart, there's no Fourth prince, there is only one person and one person alone, Yinzhen."

So she actually was calling his personal name! :tears:

There is an epilogue (30.000 words) written by Tong Hua.. She just published it a few weeks ago as an extension to the revised edition of BBJX. I haven't read the book, but I have read somewhere that the epilogue mentions that Chenghuan saw 4th silently visiting Ruoxi's old resident in the midnight and he just sat there.. lonely. Urgh~ I'm not going to read it. I'm still recovering and I can't handle another heartbreak.

4ab60b15gw1dl8koijzkhg.gif

Anyone else on Longshi/4RX's boat?

Archived