* Title (romaji): Boku to Star no 99 Nichi

* Format: Renzoku

* Genre: Romantic comedy

* Episodes: TBA

* Broadcast network: Fuji TV

* Broadcast period: 2011-Oct start

* Air time: Sunday 21:00

Synopsis

The story will be a romantic comedy about a top Korean actress (played by Kim) and a dull 40-year-old part-time security guard (played by Nishijima) who is assigned under a 99-day contract as her bodyguard while she is in Japan. Kim’s role will require her to speak Japanese lines for the first time.

Cast

* Kim Tae Hee

* Nishijima Hidetoshi

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Sakuraba Nanami to play Kim Tae Hee’s “rival” in “Boku to Star no 99 Nichi”

Actress Sakuraba Nanami (18) has been added to the cast of the Fuji TV drama series “Boku to Star no 99 Nichi,” which will air this fall. She will be playing the “rival” of lead actress Kim Tae Hee (31), who is starring in the series with actor Nishijima Hidetoshi (40).

It was already revealed that the story is a romantic comedy about a part-time security guard who becomes the bodyguard for a top Korean actress while she is in Japan. Nishijima plays the bodyguard Kohei, whose only interest is astronomy, while Kim naturally plays the actress Han Yoo Na.

Sakuraba has been cast as Kohei’s niece, a high school student who dreams of becoming a dancer but constantly has to deal with taking of her younger siblings in place of her absentee mother. While getting no recognition for her dancing, she becomes jealous of Yoo Na and begins interfering with the romance between her and Kohei.

“Boku to Star no 99 Nichi” premieres in a Sunday night time slot this October.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

2PM’s Taecyeon gets first regular role in Japanese drama series

Taecyeon (22), a member of the Korean group 2PM, has been given his first regular role in a Japanese drama series. He will play a mysterious character in Fuji TV’s “Boku to Star no 99 Nichi,” which stars Kim Tae Hee (31) and Nishijima Hidetoshi (40).

The drama is a love comedy about a top Korean actress named Han Yoo Na (Kim) who comes to Japan, and Namiki Kohei, the man assigned to be her personal bodyguard (Nishijima). Taecyeon’s character is described as a man who has had to give up on his dreams, and he carries a big secret that ends up affecting both Yoo Na and Kohei.

It was already announced this month that Sakuraba Nanami will play Kohei’s niece. Kaname Jun has also been added to the cast as a paparazzi.

Taecyeon has previously appeared in Korean dramas, and he was a guest in an episode of the Japanese drama “BOSS” this past spring when the members of 2PM appeared as themselves.

“Boku to Star no 99 Nichi” premieres on October 23.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched episode 1 today. It's interesting so far.

I love Yoo Na's love of japanese street/comfort food. Her japanese is pretty good too. Maybe she'll be able to leave her korean ''star'' status at home and just enjoy doing this japanese/korean hybrid drama.

I would like to watch it online..

m a fan of kim tae hee :)..she's so lovely n cute..

but i couldn't find any link...can anyone share?? i have tried to search in tudou..but nope..T.T

chinese or english are fine..

thanks..:)

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

Boku to Star no 99 Nichi Episode 1 and 2 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

bokutostarno99nichi.jpg

Boku to Star no 99 Nichi 1-2 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:- 

URL:http://www.darksmurf...-99-nichi-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest jade_frost

As much as I like Nishijima Hidetoshi, I didn't enjoy Ep 1. It was messy and lacked subtlety. Not what I was hoping for.

I suspect the drama will suffer because many Japanese viewers don't appear to like Kim Tae Hee.

This is really ridiculous, instead of going crazy over Taecyeon, I'm falling in love with Nishijima Hidetoshi,

so happy to know people falling in love with Nishijima. he's one hell of a great actor, but he's so under the radar because he seldom does such mainstream titles.

he's so handsome...and i have to say that his chemistry with Kim Tae Hee's great, think he's bringing out something in her that her korean costars can't!

• 3 months later...

Archived