[TAIWAN DRAMA 2011] 我可能不會愛你 / WO KE NENG BU HUI AI NI / IN TIME WITH YOU

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

this drama was amazing. it was more than a drama for me...

so many themes it had are values of mine.

ahhh! it was amazing. i have to say though, ariel lin's acting has definitely improved immensely since i saw her in ISWAK and her other dramas i've enjoyed--although it could just be that her acting was always ace but the story of the drama wasn't as deep as ITWY.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest strawberrynkiwi

I just finished this drama and I have to say I'm truly impress. It's made its way into my top 3. I knew Ariel was a good actress since Love Contract, but that storyline wasn't the best. ISWAK was a good story, but her character was too "ditsy" for my liking and I'm not a fan of Joe Cheng. Which leaves me to say, Ariel hit the jackpot with In Time With You.

The theme of friendship and love is beautifully portrayed. I admit that the end was just a tad bit rush. The anticipation build up from You Qing hearing the tape at her bachelorette party to the whole rain scene to the whole cheating thing was a let down. I'm not saying I didn't like the IKEA scene, but I needed that climax scene between Da Ren and You Qing. I'm just being nit-picky though.

Once again, Taiwanese drama really can't go wrong with their OST. I rarely find Taiwanese OST that I dislike. Loved every song.

Chemistry between the two was just pure bliss. Both great actors. Chen Bolin's sad expressions was on par EVERYTIME. It can totally feel his pain and when he smiles, you just know he is so happy like a kid with candy.

He definitely is not the typical handsome guy, but Lee Da Ren made him so attractive and adorable. I definitely have a crush on Chen Bolin now. (He actually looks really familiar, can't pin point where I have seen him though)

Guest chloe_addict

I just finished this drama and I have to say I'm truly impress. It's made its way into my top 3. I knew Ariel was a good actress since Love Contract, but that storyline wasn't the best. ISWAK was a good story, but her character was too "ditsy" for my liking and I'm not a fan of Joe Cheng. Which leaves me to say, Ariel hit the jackpot with In Time With You.

The theme of friendship and love is beautifully portrayed. I admit that the end was just a tad bit rush. The anticipation build up from You Qing hearing the tape at her bachelorette party to the whole rain scene to the whole cheating thing was a let down. I'm not saying I didn't like the IKEA scene, but I needed that climax scene between Da Ren and You Qing. I'm just being nit-picky though.

Once again, Taiwanese drama really can't go wrong with their OST. I rarely find Taiwanese OST that I dislike. Loved every song.

Chemistry between the two was just pure bliss. Both great actors. Chen Bolin's sad expressions was on par EVERYTIME. It can totally feel his pain and when he smiles, you just know he is so happy like a kid with candy.

He definitely is not the typical handsome guy, but Lee Da Ren made him so attractive and adorable. I definitely have a crush on Chen Bolin now. (He actually looks really familiar, can't pin point where I have seen him though)

Welcome ITWY fan! It's been a while since I re-visited this thread since I watched this series as it was airing. And now, ITWY is my favorite drama of all time! :wub: My relatives just sent me the DVD which is wrapped beautifully!

I feel like I've outgrown kdramas/twdramas' usual (unrealistic) portrayal of love/relationships. But I found ITWY to represent my experiences/expectations of relationships as they evolved with time. The younger version of me could relate to You Qing's initial attraction to Ding Li Wei because he was "handsome" in the conventional sense. But with time, your expectations deepen beyond the superficial, and you want a guy like Li Da Ren who you can be yourself (yes, even during that awkward scene when YQ was talking to DR as she was using the bathroom...). That's why I was actually glad that Chen Bolin isn't that typical handsome guy.

But one of the "major flaw" of this drama was the anticlimax after YQ received DR's tape recording at her bachelorette party. I wish there were more dialogue between YQ and LW as she finally lets LW know that she's leaving him for DR. Instead, the timing of her leaving him and LW's infidelity (again...with his secretary) weakens the effect of "you go girl, leave LW for DR because you realize how the best love stems from friendship!"

Anyways, just wanted to spazz again for old time sakes! :P

• 8 months later...
Guest saileen12

Does anyone know the title of the song pls? It's not in the soundtrack and I do not know if it's an actual song or just an instrumental one.

• 4 months later...
Guest seoulinlovenow

In Time with You is definitely one of the best Taiwan dramas I have watched.

The storyline & casts were awesome! :x

• 4 weeks later...

I love love love In time with you. It's just so romantic thatI'm having a hard time looking for other series to watch.  Bolin Chen is an excellent choice  as Li Da Ren.Love love him.   

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jphenrybrown

i think it's a good tv series and very suitable to young couples, very detailed description in love and life~ there are several times my gf cried when seeing the couple miss out each other again and again~

• 1 month later...
Guest pooh77

this drama was so amazing! make me so motivated to watch :))

and happy ending of course, that's makes this drama was so perfect :)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

oh god this drama is too good!!!!! This definitely needs more recognition in the soompi community because it's so amazing this is the best taiwanese drama i have ever watched! I still feel so melancholic after it had ended because it was so beautiful and the ending was so satisfying... it's rare that i even post on soompi about something that's NOT related to the k-industry but this drama left with a lasting impression on my heart and gives so many meaningful insights about love that no other drama can give!

"The beginning of possession is the start of losing"  
There are other really good quotes in ITWY too. This was so well-written! I just can't get over it right now. Is there another drama (that's not korean) that's on the same level as this?!?!?!? I NEED TO FEED MY WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. I FINISHED THIS DRAMA IN 2 DAYS WHAT HAS IT DONE TO ME.

GreenTeandSASHIMI said: oh god this drama is too good!!!!! This definitely needs more recognition in the soompi community because it's so amazing this is the best taiwanese drama i have ever watched! I still feel so melancholic after it had ended because it was so beautiful and the ending was so satisfying... it's rare that i even post on soompi about something that's NOT related to the k-industry but this drama left with a lasting impression on my heart and gives so many meaningful insights about love that no other drama can give!

"The beginning of possession is the start of losing"  
There are other really good quotes in ITWY too. This was so well-written! I just can't get over it right now. Is there another drama (that's not korean) that's on the same level as this?!?!?!? I NEED TO FEED MY WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS. I FINISHED THIS DRAMA IN 2 DAYS WHAT HAS IT DONE TO ME.

• 3 months later...

Although I'm late to the party and it hardly seems worth posting to such an old/dead thread, I can't resist as I must give proper acknowledgment where due.  This drama was FANTASTIC.  I'm only sorry it took me so long to get around to watching it.  But there's something to be said about being able to marathon it in one go.  :)

What I loved about this drama is how realistically it portrays relationships.  It explores themes that people in their 30s really do grapple with when it comes to their jobs and personal life, and the relationships - be they familial, friendship, or romantic - are completely spot on.  At times, watching YQ with her parents, I felt like I was watching myself with my own.  (I swear my parents have had that exact same snoring conversation as YQ's parents, but shhh.  Don't let my parents know I publicly admitted that!) 

There were times when I wanted to butt my head against the wall when I saw YQ struggling in her relationship with DW.  But at the same time, that defiant blindness is also one we've seen in our friends, in ourselves, and I had to be forgiving in the end.  Plus knowing she'd end up with DR made it easier to get through.  ;)

As for YQ and DR, they truly were two very special people.  Although I might have wished to see a little bit more of their relationship in the end, once they'd finally acknowledged their feelings to each other and started dating, I comfort myself that really, we've seen them together all along.  Dating wasn't going to introduce some major shifts into the relationship.  Rather, it was just going to solidify what was already there.  We should all be so lucky to have a best friend like YQ and DR!

• 6 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

15 Adorable times Asian celebrities posed with cardboard cutout friends

by Rara Pop on Fri, Apr 24, 2015

Cardboard cutouts of the hottest stars can be seen all over the place in Asia. While not as great as the real person, these cutouts sure make for an entertaining substitute! Last time I brought you an article all about celebrities posing with their own cardboard cutouts, and now it's time to share the next set of pictures. Scroll through to see some of the biggest Asian celebrities posing with cardboard cutout versions of their famous friends and coworkers!

5. In Time With You cast members Chen Bo Lin and Sunny Wang with Ariel Lin

In_Time_With_You_2.jpg

In_Time_With_You_3.jpg

Here's another cutout stand-in at a press conference. I just love how Chen Bo Lin leans in for a kiss!

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/15-adorable-times-asian-celebrities-posed-with-cardboard-cutout-friends/

Archived