[Drama 2011] A Thousand Kisses (천번의 입맞춤)

Guest fanda4000

My final words on this complete disaster:

Park Jung Ran: the harsh to my kdrama groove. I am going to emblazon that name in my memory, burn it into my synapses, so that whenever I see that name again I will remember to run far, FAR away. I detest her stories with the power of a thousand burning suns. From the smirky smile on her profile picture, to the infuriating, unresolved pinkberryiness of her characters, to the hot mess of her plots, I will be sure to assiduously avoid her the rest of my kdrama days.

Park Jung Ran, please retire, and put us all out of our misery.

One last note to meilizi, below:

Letting go of a love that is hurtful to others can be poignant, and is certainly realistic, but letting a love go so you can take up with your skanky ex who makes your love's life a living hell is not realistic, nor is it satisfying - it is manipulation for the sake of storyline, and that unrealistic manipulation is what made so many of us here angry at the writer and disappointed in the story. I am not sure what the message of this hot mess was - if it had any message at all - but I really don't see anything in character and plot that could be qualified as "quite real."

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent a whole night watching all episodes and felt in love with the drama so much. Although 18 final episodes are too much heart breaking and dragging, I still love it. Unlike your guys, I think the story is quite real.

May be you could think how dumb and pathetic WB in the last episodes but I totally understood the writer. "Letting you go is the best thing I could do for you" is so much true and real in our world. When WB confessed his love to YJ, he just knew that she is an older divorced woman with a child. I thought for all of us, this only reason itself could be a burden. It will not easy to any couple to overcome. And later on, she become a daughter of the person his mom hates most. I dont see any point of fighting there.

The reason they break up and give up on their love is not fighting or WB did not have courage to fight. He will fight with the whole world if doing that could make ỴJ smile. I thought they could not see the happiness and peaceful life for YJ if they continue to the path. She will be miserable if they get married. They tried their best to continue their love but the fact that both of them have experienced humiliation, hurt and desperation gave them no choice but break up. Moreover, the two families also have been hurt too much just because of this story.

Poor WB! I thought he tried to be with YK just because he has no confidence to love somebody again. WB after break up with YS just like a boat losing its breeze. This boat did not know where to go in the life. My heart is hurt seeing WB crying and calling YJ name in his sleep. They were so much in love, and the fate is quite harsh.

The most favorable scene for me is the night YK and WB walking along the Han River and he just recall the night in resort with YJ. Every step is painful for him. Although I knew the story is true but the writer is too much for WB and YJ. They should give them some happy timeeeeeee.

Sometimes in your life, you must let our lovers go to make them happier. Sometimes destiny will bring us back to each other. But most of the time, the magic will not happen. You could not do anything, just watching our love has gone.Like a balloon slipping through a child's' hand.

I love the drama and performance of all the main cast. Hope to see Ji Huyn Woo in the next project...

• 1 month later...

The sister of grandma is really annoying. Really unbelievable that there is such a cheating husband with a childlike personality. l really would rather stay alone than having such a boring and stupid husband.

This drama is actually not so bad, however I also love good endings. So I will not watch it to the end

• 3 months later...

As hateful as the ending is for some people, I reckon it's just fitting.
"Love does not conquer all"- and that is reality.
I empathize and sympathize with Woobin's parents and am against the Woobin and Joo Yeong pairing.They are just bullheaded.  Sometimes, the best gift you can give to your loved one is to give him peace of mind.  What is romantic love after marriage anyways?  It goes away and reality sets in.
I love this drama because for once "Love does not conquer all" and it depicts reality.

Guest kayana20

Love does conquer all if you don't live for what others say. People will always judge you in life so it's best to be happy with who you love then by society standards.I saw the 5 second ending as a new beginning for them but am so mad how they made all the women who were hurt pathetic and made to feel they were wrong to run for their happiness. This writer truly shows she cares too much what others think and has no faith in love at all.

Sorry for all the anti-JY rantings, but here goes...
JY has her priorities upside down.
What is more important?  Her (devastatingly) complicated love life or her son?
As a mother, I can do without Woobin and just focus on my son.  Why?- watch the drama.
She's still young, she'd meet other guys later on.  It;s not a do or die love, I reckon.
I reckon JY is a dense girl.  It's all 'emotions' for her.
This drama riles me up for a totally different reason to all the girls here.
And Woobin-  arrrgggghhh... he is so clingy.  He and YK (his ex-gf) totally deserve each other!
Having said that, I still like this drama.  I can't stop watching it.
Thanks Viki for subbing it._______________________________________________

Final say:  There are different kinds of love and I reckon there's more to life than romantic love.

• 8 months later...
Guest hana0304

Does anybody know where I can download soft subtitle for this drama? I have been looking for it but the subtitles are over the place...not in 1 place

Guest Anny Bee

hana0304 said: Does anybody know where I can download soft subtitle for this drama? I have been looking for it but the subtitles are over the place...not in 1 place

• 8 months later...

If you like Korean Actor extraordinaire Shim Hyoung Tak, I created the first Facebook fan club for him - please join us here at:  심형탁 Shim Hyoung Tak First Worldwide Facebook Fan Club.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/741892442492493/I also created the first Facebook Fan Page for him here: https://www.facebook.com/SHIMFAN. FYI, the name was changed from International to Worldwide and first Facebook added to avoid any confusion with Shim Hyoung Tak clubs or fan pages that are not mine. Thank you.

• 7 months later...

I didn't finish watching this drama; moreover I erased all the episodes from my pc: the heroine character made me ashame of being a woman.a thousand kisses... what a waste of kisses... and of time too.....

• 2 months later...

Archived