IN TIME (10:28:11)

Amanda Seyfried, Justin Timberlake, Olivia Wilde, Cillian Murphy

InTimeposter1.jpeg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1311978097890

synopsis:

In a retro-future when the aging gene has been switched off, people must pay to stay alive. People stop aging at 25 years old, however stamped on their arm is a clock of how long they will live. To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency and the way people pay for luxuries and necessities. The rich can live forever, while the rest try to negotiate for their immortality. A poor young man is accused of murder when he inherits a fortune of time from a dead upper class man. He is forced to go on the run from a corrupt police force known as 'time keepers'.

cast:

Amanda Seyfried.. as Sylvia Weis

Justin Timberlake.. as Will Salas

Olivia Wilde.. as Rachael Salas

Matt Bomer.. as Henry Hamilton

Cillian Murphy.. as Timekeeper Leon

Alex Pettyfer.. as Fortis

director:

Andrew Niccol

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdadZ_KrZVw

I've been really looking forward to this film ever since I read the synopsis a few months ago. I wish Matt Bomer had a bigger role though. haha

Guest DarkAngelInLove

First off this is a very beautiful cast: JT, Olivia Wilde, Amanda Seyfried, Matt Bomer, and one of the actors from Big Bang Theory!

I love the concept of the plot line because it's not that different from our reality. Rich people taking advantage of the system is obvious. Immortality and clocks on our hands don't exist, but if you study sociology or occasionally read the news, you would understand where I'm coming from. Your Life span determined on where you are socially is nothing new.

People who live on or below the poverty line do have shorter life span and are more vulnerable to diseases because the rich have the power to tell the corporations (and government) where they should built their power plants and where their freeways. Rich class also have better access to medicine and healthier expensive (organic) food, while the people below the poverty line have to use the ER as a place to have a check up and can only afford McDonald one dollar menu.

Guest rforest

it's such a good thing to be a known musician--so many movie opportunities. Not a JT fan and don't respect him as an actor yet, but the plot is so interesting. Time as currency? I'm sold.

Guest res0nate

I'm really glad Andrew Niccol is back, the man directed and wrote some really fantastic films the past 15 years.

Hopefully Timberlake doesn't screw the film over.

Guest flowerpetals

The plot sounds very interesting but I'm not really liking the cast.

It just seems really... weak.

I don't know why but I would definitely like it if Marion Cotillard was in this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toGETherONE

I like JT as a growing actor, however I wish he didn't have any lines in the movie. Kinda ruined it for me watching this trailer. I still love him as a singer much more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xosandy

Agreed that the plot does sound interesting and fresh. I haven't seen any of Justin Timberlake's movies but maybe he'll surprise me.

Gattaca is one of my favorite movies of all times. This is a slight reminisce to Gattaca so I'm torn between watching it and ignoring it because JT is utterly poor in acting. Argh, why?!

• 1 month later...

So I watched it... and was rather underwhelmed. I felt that many scenes were either unnecessary or cheesy. Matt Bomer and Justin Timberlake should have traded roles. lolol

Overall it is decent though. I'm still quite fascinated by the concept.

I thought it was really sad when Olivia Wilde's character died ...

It wasn't bad. I just wish they went a little deeper into the plot, and made the characters more complex. Especially, Sylvia's dad.

I really loved Amanda Seyfried in it!

watched it the other day.

love it. it's a good popcorn flick, the whole concept could have been much more intricate though

it would have made a fantastic series;

nevertheless very enjoyable movie, alex pettyfer's appearance was pleasantly surprising, he makes a rather good

mini villain ha ha

Archived