Thin and weak hair, falling out a lot

Guest momo panda

On 17.10.2016 at 5:28 PM, kathrynyost123 said:

please use onion juice into your hairs scalp for 1 hour. After 1 hour wash your hairs with baby shampoo. Rpeat this every week. I hope it will solve your problem.

I try to do it once, but I hate that smell! it wharf out the air everywhere :(

I really don't know what to do, I'm losing hair catastrophically. Probably I need some vitamins or new diet.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2016 at 2:56 PM, Alisa Mayer said:

I try to do it once, but I hate that smell! it wharf out the air everywhere :(

I really don't know what to do, I'm losing hair catastrophically. Probably I need some vitamins or new diet.

Hope you have checked with your doc for his/her suggestion as to which vitamins to take. In the meantime read this link:http://www.livestrong.com/article/537418-how-to-rub-vitamin-e-on-the-scalp-to-promote-hair-growth/ If you live in the UK you can buy vit E oil on amazon, much easier than emptying vit E tablets, I hope this helps you. I also use Pro Naturals, a hair repair system that contains argan oil.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem with my hair. I started to Noticed string of hair keeps coming out not chunks of it just few where you can feel on your arm or see it when you look down on your shirt but when i touch my hair i feel it thin i have straight hair but its freezy or soft as it used to be. Im worried and wondering why its like this. I dont use hair tools. I just brush it a little to not to have knots at night or during the day. 

Hey Momo Panda . hair is a very sensitive thing as I've found out more recently. I got diagnosed with alopecia areata last week. However I did ask the doctor what other things can cause hair loss before I found this out. As listed below. I am a 21 year old female and I get how worrying this is especially as I've only been losing my hair in the last week that is noticable. But if it is going to happen just less heat more healthy diet and brushing it when dry not wet are my top tips. plus one deep condition a week. This is how I grew my hair before I got alopecia areata. 

Things that can make your hair Fall out:

> low protein in your diet. ( commonly found in meats)

> low levels of keratin , vitamin b and d. ( Found in most foods but if your body is low any multivitamin will bring these levels up) 

> heat or chemical damage will break hair ( however not from the root )

> burnt or thin skin will hold less hair. ( hense when people age their hair is thinner due to thinner skin)

> hormonal imbalances can cause brief periods of general hair loss. 

> stress or extended periods of emotional periods of life( so although this sounds odd stop worrying about the hair loss)

>low levels of iron in your diet , found in green vegetables like spinach , leafy greens and broccoli ( if you are a female with a heavy time of the month this is important anyway and could be a reason for general hair loss instead of patchy hair loss. ) 

So my best advice is a healthy diet , active lifestyle and make sure to eat meat and greens. Less heat find ways to style your hair without using heat. Such as if you love girls go to bed with wet hair in rags. If you want straight hair blow dry it straight apposed to drying it then straightening it and if this doesn't work a good heat defense spray . If you find your still worried then go to gp. When I went last week with a thumb sized missing patch , I was surprised how quick my gp reacted I thought he would laugh and think I was being overdramatic. But he ran whole bunch of blood tests and I have alopecia. It doesn't hurt to attend gp anyway as they can advise you the right amount of each food group and what vitamin rich foods you could eat to benefit your hair "wink.  

Hope this helps hun x know this is a scary time but its okay there are some things you can proactively do and get the advise of your gp. "wink 

• 8 months later...

Here are some treatmments of Hair Falling :-

• Egg mask. Eggs are rich in sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc and protein, which together help promote hair growth. 
  • Licorice root.
  • Coconut Milk.
  • Green tea. 
  • Beetroot juice.
  • Greek yogurt and honey.
  • Aloe Vera.
  • Fenugreek seeds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Please help. My hair has always been my pride and joy. I figured since it is pretty damn healthy, it could deal with some bleach damage. And I figured the master stylist who did all the color-corrections would know how much would be too much. I was wrong, and now I want to burst into tears every time I look at my hair or touch it. I just don't know what to do. My hair has also NEVER been shorter than this and it breaks and falls out. What should I do to regrow hair?

@Patricia74 I regrew my hair and you can too. –I've been bleaching my hair on and off since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So I decided to do something about it. My friend suggested Biotin when we were talking about my hair loss. I’ve tried like 4 different brands until I found that the best one for me. For me, the best is https://bit.ly/2KP9EGq  my friends also use this one. 

• 1 month later...

I cut my beautiful long hair many years ago and haven't managed to regrow it to the same length... Well, at least it's thick and thanks to articles like this one I know I can keep rocking the short hair. Having a long hair isn't everything,  a proper hair care and hairstyle define your look. Consider this next time visiting you hair stylist ^_^

Archived