Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MMMILKII

Crayon Shin-Chan

That's my fav anime back in the 90's.

I just love how he reacts. Even the parents too. That one episode where the parents go to a supermarket and they hung out there to eat the free samples for lunch/dinner.

It's a classic.

I watched it on Saturdays Japanese with Eng Subs.

LOL i proper loved this cartoon when i was little, brings back sweet memories

spesh when he shook his butt haha

Shin Chan is great. It isn't cancelled in Nihon. It gets insanely high ratings in japan, so it wouldn't make any sense to cancel it.

Oh gosh! This brings back memories.

My parents wouldn't let me watch it after they sat down and watched with me when I was little.

He's such a pervert little kid!

I remember there was that one where he kept on peeing in bed and he just kept on doing things to cover it up and blaming his dad/mom/dog etc..

"Crayon Shin-chan" creator missing

Wed, September 16, 2009 (3:18am EDT)

Yoshito Usui (51), the mangaka behind the popular "Crayon Shin-chan" comic, has been missing for several days. He was reported missing by his family on September 12 after he failed to return from a hiking trip the day before.

No one, including his family and his publisher, has seen or been in contact with Usui since he left on Friday. Police in his hometown of Kasukabe, Saitama, have launched a search effort, and it has already expanded to other prefectures.

"Crayon Shin-chan" has become an iconic character around the world. The manga began serialization in 1990 in Futabasha's Weekly Manga Action, but it later moved to the magazine Manga Town. "Crayon Shin-chan" has also been on television as an anime series since 1992, with a feature-length film released every year since 1993.

Source: Anime News Network

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-5271

Its sad that he died.. bah.. to many people are dying lately sigh.

Anyways i loved shin chan when i was a kid haha =]

it's called Crayon Shin-Chan? I only knew what it was called in Korean x)

But it was banned? :mellow: I get he's perverted little boy, but wow.. got banned.. that's funny.

Yomini coopero Usui (51), the mangaka behind the popular "Crayon Shin-chan" comic, has been missing for several days. He was reported missing by his family on September 12 after he failed to return from a hiking trip the day before.

^he's dead. i can't say i watched much outside of adult swim, but RIP.

He's dead? O_O REALLY?! no way..

Yes, he went missing September 11 and his body foun September 19 and recovered the 20th

Seems he fell from a cliff while he was hikking.

I really love Shin Chan and it's a pity it had to end like this :(

I find it hard to believe Japan would ban anything for being too perverted considering the many sex museums there >.>

I used to love watching this show in Taiwan. He had such a deep voice for a little chinese boy xD

I can't believe the writer passed away. ):

My mom told me yesterday and I was SHOCKKEDD!

I loved crayon shin chan, especially in Cantonese. It was so freaking hilarious.

My favourite scene would be where he was getting dressed and ended up putting underwear on his head and other random things. Goshh~

cldyangel

You are right, it is not banned there, in fact it is on air on Asahi TV and even famous persons have appeared as guests (Kinki Kids Domoto Koichi and KAT-TUN's Nakamaru Yuichi for example) and Shin-chan is the simbol of Kasukabe :)

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/shinchan/

How long that will last is unknown since it is also unknown what will be of the manga now