[Drama 2011] A Thousand Days' Promise 천일의 약속

serenasf95

A Thousand Days’ Promise sent toneless teaser and another stills

At first when we heard that A Thousand Days’ Promise is about the love story of a woman who slowly losing her memory and a man who devoted to her, we feel a sad melodrama full of pain. But the newest stills released hints another chop.

The still, showed the main leads, Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae in a hotel room alike, sharing a passionate kiss. This maybe happened in the early episodes when Soo Ae still holds her memory before begins to lose it.

Well, the couple could be a hot and happy lover before the unfortunate event happens.

Then maybe the story will tells us how the couple deals with the losing memory thing and one thing which make us curious is how will the drama ended ? Will Soo Ae totally forget Kim Rae Won ? If yes, then they still able to start it all over again if Soo Ae’s feeling doesn’t change.

Or maybe Kim Rae Won should record every moment when Soo Ae still has his memory and shows her when the time is arrive to remind her about the past.

Then, this drama would remind us to Hollywood movie 50 First Dates by Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore.

But it doesn’t matter how the story goes, we believe the writer will do great.

Back to the drama teaser, not much revealed, maybe the next trailer will do more.

Korean Vibe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waooo good news, the poster is out guys, been waiting so long :wub:

Thousand Day Promise’s poster and trailer

08f790529822720ee33987b.jpg

javabeans: I love that the poster tells you the basic conflict of the whole drama, in one glance. Not in a “well, now I don’t have to watch it” way, but in a “ooh, immediate shock to the heart” way.

girlfriday: Yeah, and visually, not with a super explanatory tagline.

javabeans: There’s barely anything in that trailer at all (it being so short and all), but already I’m really looking forward to the acting. My heart may just break along with Kim Rae-won’s.

girlfriday: I love the conflict of it. Not amnesia (which is lame) but knowing that you’re about to lose your memory and the struggle to somehow hold onto everything and make new memories, despite the fact that it’ll all fade anyway.

javabeans: *sob*

girlfriday: It so speaks to the tragedy lover in me. Not the super heavy stuff, but the Fate vs. Love thing.

javabeans: Normally it’s exactly the type of melotragica that I’d steer way clear of, but I just have such hopes/faith in writer Kim Soo-hyun. Didja hear? She’s done with scripts for 14 episodes now.

girlfriday: You mean, like how it SHOULD BE? Gah, it’s crazy how rare that is. Yay for her.

javabeans: I think it’s batmini cooper insane, but on the other hand, I do see the crazed logic of the broken system, where all the pre-productions have flopped.

girlfriday: Oh like your OCD brain could handle that for like… a second? Can you imagine if some PD was like, “Don’t write the ending?” You’d break out into hives. I would.

javabeans: I’d just pretend it wasn’t written yet, and manipulate him with my secret voodoo powers into thinking my ending is the one he came up with. Or, I guess, you could just be famous, reliable, and awesome like Kim Soo-hyun.

girlfriday: Yeah, that takes years. I’d go with hoodoo.

javabeans: Which is good, because that’s what it’s gonna take to hold me together till the end of this drama. I can just feel it.

girlfriday: Most melodramas aren’t really sad to me. They’re just… super dramatic. But this one is going to be SO SAD.

javabeans: Yeah, most of the time melodramatic = angsty = frustration to me. I just want Su Ae to remember him! Why can’t she remember him?!

girlfriday: Gah, it’s like that episode of Angel where Buffy comes to town and he turns human.

javabeans: Oh no! And they have one perfect day, which she then forgets? Arrrrrgh.

girlfriday: Yeah he tells her what he’s going to do, like seconds before he has to wipe her memory, and she’s like, “I won’t forget! I won’t forget!” *puddle*

javabeans: It’s her conviction that’s so tragic. Because everything in HER control is determined to remember…but that choice is out of her hands.

girlfriday: YES! And that’s what this drama is going to be…. the ENTIRE time!

javabeans: Is it October 17 yet?

girlfriday: Where’s that damned fast forward button?

javabeans: The fourth dimension ate it.

girlfriday: f***.

Dramabeans Poster & Trailer

Teaser Poster Released for “A Thousand Days’ Promise”

A teaser poster has been released for the upcoming SBS drama, "A Thousand Days’ Promise,” which will broadcast starting from October 17. In the teaser, which gives off the vibe of a classic melodrama, a woman named Suh Yeon (Soo Ae) can be seen trying to touch her love’s fading memory just one more time.

In particular, the teaser gained a lot of attention due to its fantasy like atmosphere as the audience sees Ji Hyung (Kim Rae Won) fading away with the flower petals from inside Suh Yeon’s head as she loses her memory to Alzheimer’s disease.

After seeing the ardent and sad love story expressed through the teaser poster alone, expectations have been raised, as viewers await the next poster to see how it will convey the plot of the drama.

Representatives of the production staff revealed, “Just like it is visible on the teaser poster, the drama will contain a love story more ardent and sorrowful than any other drama has had. We’re expecting that the next poster to be revealed in the coming of days will be made to exceed the results that the teaser poster has brought. Please continue to keep an interest in this upcoming drama.”

Soompi

Hi 71e! Nope, there was no rumor between Soo Ae and Woo Sung, must be my mistake! ha!

Good job on the GIF!... and Thanks for loads of the news...I must learn how to do GIF too... second thought, I'm too old to bother... not much brain left either....

I'm glad I've been reading all the good news about the drama so far. I hope it will live up to the expectations every minute is worth watching no need to use the fast forward button...haha.

Update From Hancinema & KoreanDrama (waoo its 20 episode) yay !! :wub:

Teaser and poster revealed for the upcoming Korean drama "A Thousand Days' Promise"

"A Thousand Days' Promise" (2011)

Directed by Jeong Eul-yeong

Written by Kim Su-hyun

Network : SBS

With Kim Rae-won, Soo-ae, Lee Sang-woo, Jeong Yoo-mi, Kim Hae-sook, Park Yeong-gyoo,...

20 episodes - Mon, Tue 21:55

Synopsis

A drama about deep love created by writer Kim Su-hyun and producer Jeong Eul-yeong once again a year after "Life is Beautiful".

Previously known as "Forget Me Not" (물망초 , Mool-mang-cho)

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2011/10/17

Hancinema

Title: 천일의 약속 / Chunilui Yaksok / A Thousand Days’ Promise

Chinese Title: 千日的约定

Also known as: Forget Me Not / 1,000 Day Promise

Genre: Romance, melodrama

Episodes: 20

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: 2011-Oct-17 to 2011-Dec-20

Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis

A story about a woman who’s slowly losing her memory but a man still love her unconditionally and stay beside her.

Cast

Main cast

Kim Rae Won as Ji Hyung

Soo Ae as Seo Yeon

Lee Sang Woo as Jae Min

Jung Yoo Mi as Hyang Ki

Supporting Cast

Moon Jung Hee

Jung Joon

Yang Han Yeol (양한열)

Lee Mi Sook

Park Yoo Hwan

Kim Hae Sook

Alex

Production Credits

Director: Jung Eul Young

Screenwriter: Kim Soo Hyun

Episode Ratings

Date Episode Nationwide Seoul

2011-10-17 1

2011-10-18 2

2011-10-24 3

2011-10-25 4

2011-10-31 5

2011-11-01 6

2011-11-07 7

2011-11-08 8

2011-11-14 9

2011-11-15 10

2011-11-21 11

2011-11-22 12

2011-11-28 13

2011-11-29 14

2011-12-05 15

2011-12-06 16

2011-12-12 17

2011-12-13 18

2011-12-19 19

2011-12-20 20

Source: TNmS Media Korea

KoreanDrama

Guest kawaiiyuki

Oh my god I'm going to have a love hate relationship with the drama. I'm only familiar with the male leads in this drama so i look forward to getting to know the actresses. I know this will be a tear jerker and we most likely won't be getting a happy ending but still.... sigh. >,< I'm going to watch this drama (well try to atleast because of classes might not be possible.)

It doesn't look like the trailer tells us much but i like it. It's just this really autumn feeling.

:w00t: Thkss a lot 71e for the updates & all the goodies sharing ~~

YaY ~~ counting down starting now .... 16 days left to its October 17 broadcast ~~~ :D

page1_32.jpg391135xkik3fdxdm.gif

here share the 1st teaser video w/ Chinese subs ------ & its touching scenes .. :tears: in captures ....

*watch it here -----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXbxT2N7a4

or

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vhSyKV7IYVY/

I love you, until my tears dry out....

In my fading memory

krw: I was born for you, exist for you

Your back slowly disappearing

krw: If I dont know you, I wouldnt be this painful, I wanna remember you

sa: I.. remember you, somewhere deep in my memory

~♥~ ~♥~ ~♥~ ❥❥❥ · · ·

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

credit chuan^^ of raewonisland.com for chin-subbed teaser & caps

HI ~ TRAN^^

O .. I dont read korean at all .... hee.. I juz try help translating to eng if the chinese translation is available ... :P

(pls forgive my not so good eng translation .... )

:w00t: Thkss a lot 71e for the updates & all the goodies sharing ~~

YaY ~~ counting down starting now .... 16 days left to its broadcast October 17 ~~~ :D

*quoted image* *quoted image*

here share the 1st teaser video w/ Chinese subs ------ & its touching scenes .. :tears: in captures ....

*watch it here -----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXbxT2N7a4

or

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vhSyKV7IYVY/

I love you, until my tears dry out....

In my fading memory

krw: I was born for you, exist for you

Your back slowly disappearing

krw: If I dont know you, I wouldnt be this painful, I wanna remember you

sa: I.. remember you, somewhere deep in my memory

~♥~ ~♥~ ~♥~ ❥❥❥ · · ·

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

credit chuan^^ of raewonisland.com for chin-subbed teaser & caps

HI ~ TRAN^^

O .. I dont read korean at all .... hee.. I juz try help translating to eng if the chinese translation is available ... :P

(pls forgive my not so good eng translation .... )

Hi MIDDY thanks for the translation :)

"‘A Thousand Days’ Promise’ dream-like poster with Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae"

A teaser poster for SBS‘s new drama ‘A Thousand Days’ Promise’ has been revealed.

The teaser poster was one of the shots from when the title sequence was shot and it has a very dream-like feel to it.

A woman (Seo Yun played by Soo Ae) is reaching out with her hand looking as though she wants to touch her lover one more time as he is gradually disappearing before her eyes. There is plenty of feeling communicated from the scene in full melodramatic gear.

Especially the way Ji Hyung (played by Kim Rae Won) is disappearing and turning into petals of flowers gives off the feeling that you are looking into the mind of Seo Yun who is losing her memories due to Alzheimer’s disease.

‘A Thousand Days’ Promise’ production company stated, “As you can tell from the teaser poster, it is going to be story of love more affectionate and heart-breaking than any other drama. The main poster which will follow the teaser poster is also expected to be a very well made one. We ask you to keep your interest levels high going forward”. Writer Kim Soo Hyun, who is highly respected, has returned after 4 years with a true melodrama with ‘A Thousand Days’ Promise’ and so it is drawing a lot of attention from the casting process, to the photos revealed, to the teaser poster.

‘A Thousand Days’ Promise’ will premier on SBS on October 17th.

KPOP FEVER

A Thousand Days’ Promise released a beautiful poster

Yes, that’s a very beautiful poster, indeed.

Whoever created the poster is genius. He makes it so simple but sums the entire drama story into only a frame. Simply powerful poster !

The poster showed the lovely couple in the middle of a meadow in a gloomy autumn season. Soo Ae tries to reach Kim Rae Won’s face who illustrated slowly disappearing. This is a truly resemblance of the whole story of the drama which tells Soo Ae who slowly losing her memory including her love story with Kim Rae Won.

Gah, this is going to be a really painful drama. If you could cope the pain of Scent of A Woman, then you must like A Thousand Days’ Promise.

We could not enjoy Scent of A Woman because we find it so miserable to watch (although we’re a big fan of Lee Dong Wook) but we will give A Thousand Days’ Promise a try because we love Soo Ae and Kim Rae Won and it seems that Soo Ae will give her all to plays that poor woman.

Just as the drama production said that Soo Ae always brings the script in her hand wherever she goes and promises the best to portray the painful love story.

This tragic drama will debut Monday, October 17.

Korean Vibe

[Teaser] A Thousand Days' Promise

6195332413e922fb040bz.jpg

A drama version of A Moment To Remember is going to break your tear duct next month. A Thousand Days' Promise is set to air after Warrior Baek Dong Soo wraps up.

Fresh out of the army, Kim Rae Won is ready to spice up our television. Last I saw him....was in My Love Patzzi with Jang Na Ra and Kim Jae Won.

Soo Ae with Park Yoo Chun's brother, Park Yoo Hwan. They play siblings. And LOOK like siblings.

Alice: OMGosh! The premise, "...he stays by her side as she gradually loses her memory..." Heart-breaking. Memory loss is a devastating illness so I'll be handing out kleenex to everyone who tunes in weekly. Just make sure to hydrate yourself before and after each episode.

Looking at the pictures, I have no doubts about their sizzling chemistry. HOT !!!

Alice Chen

박유환 “수애, 따뜻하게 잘 챙겨줘서 감사해

sooaemicky.jpg

[서울신문NTN 손재은 기자] 그룹 JYJ의 박유천 동생 박유환이 김수현 사단에 합류한 소감을 밝혔다.

최근 SBS 새 월화드라마 ‘천일의 약속’(극본 김수현, 연출 정을영)에서 이문권 역에 낙점된 박유환은 “김수현 작가님의 대본을 받는다는 생각에 너무 떨렸다. 느낌이 너무 좋아 읽고 또 읽었던 그 설렘과 흥분을 잊을 수 없다”고 전했다.

극중 이문권은 서연(수애 분)의 남동생. 알츠하이머병에 걸린 서연의 곁을 지키며 아픔을 함께 나누는 착실하고 속 깊은 인물이다.

박 유환은 “처음 캐스팅 제의가 들어 왔을 때 ‘감히’라는 생각이 들 정도로 영광스러웠고 나에게도 ‘이런 큰 기회가 왔구나’라는 생각에 너무나 벅차고 감사한 마음이 들었다”라며 “김수현 작가님과 정을영 PD님, 좋은 선배 배우님들과 한 작품 안에 선다는 것만으로도 너무나 큰 영광이어서 이 작품을 하는 동안 극중 이문권의 모습처럼 모든 것을 소중하게 생각하고 하루하루를 성실하게 임해야겠다고 다짐했다”고 의지를 다졌다.

올 초 연기자로 첫발을 내딛은 박유환은 신인임에도 불구하고 안정적인 연기로 호평 받았다. 데뷔 하자마자 세 번째 작품 만에 김수현 작가 작품에 비중 있는 인물로 파격 캐스팅 돼 그가 연기자로서 보여줄 가능성에 대해 기대 모으고 있다.

특히 박유환은 JYJ 멤버 박유천의 동생임이 알려져 관심을 모은 바 있다. 이에 대해 그는 “형은 매번 연기에 대한 조언 보다는 살아가는데 있어 기본이 되어야 하는 마음가짐에 대한 조언을 많이 해준다. 이번에도 매사 선배님, 스태프 분들에게 깍듯이 대하며 어떤 곳에서든 막내임을 잊지 말라는 조언을 해줬다”고 귀띔했다.

박유환 은 “아직 막내라 대 선배님들 앞에서 긴장하곤 하는데 그럴 때 마다 수애 선배님이 너무 따뜻하게 잘 챙겨줘서 감사한 마음을 가지고 있다”며 “밝지만 속 깊은 이문권의 모습을 전하게 위해 내면 연기도 잘 해내고 싶은 욕심이 있다. 이를 위해 대본에 충실하고 PD님, 선배님들 조언 잘 받아 들여 작품에 임할 것이다. 듬직하고 훈훈한 남동생 모습 보여드릴 수 있도록 열심히 노력하겠다”고 포부를 전했다.

한편 ‘천일의 약속’은 두 남녀의 애절하고 애틋한 사랑이야기로 오는 17일 첫방송된다.

사진=예인문화

News Nate

Park Yoo Hwan talks about new drama, Promise of a Thousand Days

20111003parkyoohwan.jpg

Actor Park Yoo Hwan was recently cast in the new drama, ‘Promise of a Thousand Days‘.

This casting was very meaningful to Park Yoo Hwan because of his high respect for the writer of the drama, Kim Soo Hyun. He stated,

“I was so nervous when I found out I would be receiving the script of writer, Kim Soo Hyun. I cannot forget the excitement I felt as I read the script over and over again. When I first heard of the casting, I couldn’t believe it. To act in a drama written by Kim Soo Hyun writer was so honoring and unbelievable. Not just the writer, but the director and actors of this drama are so talented and popular I thought of whether I should even dare to take this chance. I am the youngest of the casts so I learn new things every time we film. Whenever I get nervous, Soo Ae sun bae nim reassures me so I am very thankful. As greedy I was for this role, I will work hard to display a good character.”

Park Yoo Hwan will be playing the role of actress Soo Ae’s younger brother. His character will be a caring brother who stays by his sisters side even though he carries Alzheimer’s disease.

The drama will be based on a heart-warming love story between two characters played by actor Kim Rae Won and Soo Ae. It will begin airing on October 17.

All Kpop

Thousand Day siblings Su Ae and Park Yoo-hwan

Huh, wouldn’t you know it? Su Ae and Park Yoo-hwan actually look a lot like siblings, which is what they play in their upcoming drama Thousand Day Promise.

As a newbie to the acting world, Park Yoo-hwan, aka Micky Yoochun’s little bro, said, “When I first received the casting offer, I was so honored that I even thought, ‘How could I dare?’ I got emotional thinking of the huge opportunity that came to me.” That’s because the writer and the actors are some major dramaland heavy hitters, and Park continued, “I even shook at the thought of receiving a script from writer Kim Soo-hyun. I can’t forget the excitement and thrill I felt when reading the script over and over.”

In the drama, Park will play a young man who has to watch his noona (Su Ae) gradually losing her memory, as she experiences a heart-rending romance with Kim Rae-won. Pictured below Su Ae seen studying her own scripts, on the set and in between shoots.

Thousand Day Promise premieres on October 17.

@Dramabeans

A Thousand Days’ Promise released new teaser and brings Park Yoo Hwan in

Finally there’s a new teaser of A Thousand Days’ Promise which more lively and more spicy than the first teaser -although this’s super short one.

From the teaser, Soo Ae looked like a career woman , lived happily and normally before the losing memory begins.

This drama also announced new cast , Park Yoo Hwan aka Micky Yoo Chun’s little brother.

20-year-old Park Yoo Hwan will play Soo Ae’s little brother who cares and stays by her side although he also carries his own disease, an Alzheimer.

Oh my, writer Kim Soo Hyun definitely goes full frontal with this drama, even the lil bro has a disease too ! Super pain drama for us !

Back to Park Yoo Hwan, this is his third dramas after he debuted as cameo in Sparkling and another role in Gyebak.

He said that he was so nervous and excited joining this new drama, considering that famous writer Kim Soo Hyun did the script. He’s also thankful that his co-star Soo Ae warmly took care of him.

Good for you, Yoo Hwan ! And you look cute as always !

@KoreanVibe

Archived