What does an arm around the waist mean

Guest mysassyboy

Guest mysassyboy
or nothing
My guy friend and I were walking back to his car and he put his arm around my waist for a couple of seconds. Does it mean anything or not? He isn't the type to touch others and be has a gf :mellow:

Guest HERMIT

Probably nothing. It was only for a couple of seconds. It very easily could have been an arm around the shoulder instead to try and briefly steer you in a certain direction. Either way, it's probably just an innocuous gesture.

My guy friend and I were walking back to his car and he put his arm around my waist for a couple of seconds. Does it mean anything or not? He isn't the type to touch others and be has a gf :mellow

It depends.

If you are a guy, then that's pretty bad news.

It depends.

If you are a guy, then that's pretty bad news.

HAHAHAHA ^ this wins.

but if you're a girl, then it most likely just means he's a touchy guy, period (like you said) because I know a lot of guys like that too. D: Does he do it with other girls? Or around his gf? I'd feel uncomfortable if I were you too though...:unsure:

Guest violacrazy

Tuffcore made me LOL.

But yeah. Not sure if you're a guy or girl. If you're a guy, definitely something to watch out for.. but if you're a girl, might be his "habit" or something. Still something to watch out for. Getting into someone else's relationship is not a pretty picture. So try to stay alert. If anything, I don't find it a big deal to ask "what's the deal" with that. But if it's passed, just let that one go. If it happens again... should clarify it. Or you can ask the gf if he does it to her often. o.O

Is your physique similar to his gf? o.O

Guest mysassyboy

Is your physique similar to his gf? o.O

I don't know if this is relevant but we are about the same size.

And to clarify things, I'm a girl ^_^

Guest likelovers

Since you and his gf are around the same size, it could have been just something natural he usually does to his gf, so kind of like a muscle memory thing.

Like... one of my guy friends was sitting in a chair and a friend of ours came up close to him and he almost put his arms around her because he usually does that to his gf when she stands in that same position, but he had no romantic interest in the female friend whatsoever haha.

So if he's normally not a touchy guy, nor one to cheat/flirt around, ^that's probably it (:

Guest Andreas1

^

lol I've had to catch myself couple times from putting my arm around my gf's friend... she's exactly the same size as my gf with a similar look.

Archived