Title: テンペスト

Title (romaji): Tempest

Genre: Jidaigeki, historical

Episodes: 10

Broadcast network: NHK

Broadcast period: 2011-July-17 start

Air time: Sundays 18:45

Synopsis

The story takes place during the reign of the Ryukyu Kingdom (19th Century). Nakama plays Mazuru, a young woman who wants to complete her studies despite her gender restrictions, so she takes advantage of the disappearance of her step brother and disguises herself as an Eunuch named Son Neion, and passes the exam to be a royal govenrment's official. This is her first time having to play both a male and female character. Her supporting cast includes Tanihara Shosuke as her lover and Takaoka Saki as her enemy. (Credit: Wiki @ D-addicts)

Cast

Nakama Yukie as Mazuru/Son Neion

Tanihara Shosuke as Asakura Masahiro

Takaoka Saki as Ookimi Kikoe

Tsukamoto Takashi

Gackt

Takahashi Kazuya

Wakamura Mayumi

Kaneko Noboru

Uehara Takako

Kobayashi Sachiko

Katase Rino

Yachigusa Kaoru

Okuda Eiji

Download & Other Resources

Torrents (450p): 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10

Subtitles: mikilove13 @ d-addicts (link) is considering subbing (soft) the show.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I really enjoyed Tempest and learning more about Okinawan culture. Now I want to visit Okinawa in the future. Okinawa was also featured in Scent of a Woman (korean drama).

I heard they're making sequel or a movie version (can't remember which)? Can't wait.

Archived