Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

so i sent in my application form about a week ago, and i got the confirmation email that they got it. so what do i do now?

do i enter a video onto their youtube website? or do i wait for them to contact me?

You can upload a video on the Youtube website if you want to :D

Did anyone get contacted through their YouTube page from SBS saying that they're interested and would like you to audition? My video wasn't for the SBS K-pop star audition but a random video I did a while ago for an SM audition.

It might be because since you're auditioning for SM Entertainment (one of the judges in the SBS competition) They're inviting you to do it cause they like you and it gives you a chance to still audition in front of Lee Soo Man.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest starzXshinee

Did anyone get contacted through their YouTube page from SBS saying that they're interested and would like you to audition? My video wasn't for the SBS K-pop star audition but a random video I did a while ago for an SM audition.

Was it by SBSKPOPSTAR? If it is then congrats on getting noticed! ^o^

I know there is a fake account going around and telling people that they are interested. I forgot what the one I heard of was called but the person was posing as the New York station for the Survival Auditions.

Guest pok3ydot

It usually should take within or week (time may be delayed, because they have lots of applications to look through). You can send them a video now if you want to.

i made a singing video so far...but i'm not very confident about it because all the singing videos so far on their youtube site were all korean songs...I tried practicing singing a korean song and it was just horrible so i chose an english one..but for now i am too embarrassed to post it so i will wait for someone to post a video of them singing in english lol

BUT! It is more beneficial if you dance to a Korean song than to dance to a song that is in a different language.

Got this off their FaceBook. (:

dance to a korean song? Do they want us to do a cover or would it be better to freestyle or choreo to a korean song. I find the idol dances are too easy and do not show our full potential

dance to a korean song? Do they want us to do a cover or would it be better to freestyle or choreo to a korean song. I find the idol dances are too easy and do not show our full potential

Hmm, if you can make a kick-richard simmons dance routine for one of your favorite bands song then the only thing I can say is...GO FOR IT! :D Nothings going to stop you and if you think that it's way too easy then spice it up with your own moves! :D It's what makes dancing special >.< You can add your own flare to something.

Guest starzXshinee

Do whatever you feel is best for you. I think as long as the song you are dancing to is in Korean, it will give you a higher chance.

Guest pok3ydot

Hmm, if you can make a kick-richard simmons dance routine for one of your favorite bands song then the only thing I can say is...GO FOR IT! :D Nothings going to stop you and if you think that it's way too easy then spice it up with your own moves! :D It's what makes dancing special >.< You can add your own flare to something.

Thank you for your encouragement :) you're so optimistic to everyone ^^

Do whatever you feel is best for you. I think as long as the song you are dancing to is in Korean, it will give you a higher chance.

OK ok i will keep that in mind.

if you see my video up on youtube...uhh just dont click on it. Singing isn't my strong point  :/

Guest smileycenter

^ Well I just applied through that link just to see if it really works :/ Apparantely it does lol :P

So if you apply through that, you're basically just linking them your youtube video, correct? So no need to download another app and email it to them?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

So if you apply through that, you're basically just linking them your youtube video, correct? So no need to download another app and email it to them?

Yes

Guest yoon_ji99

Was it by SBSKPOPSTAR? If it is then congrats on getting noticed! ^o^

I know there is a fake account going around and telling people that they are interested. I forgot what the one I heard of was called but the person was posing as the New York station for the Survival Auditions.

Oh no it was by kpopstarny.... 0.o....but they gave me the email for the new york vendor. I have no clue. I'm not auditioning anyways.

Guest kimmmmy

I'm really really confused about the youtube auditions..

If you pass the youtube auditions, you don't have to go to the NY, France, LA, or Argentina audition...?

People on allkpop are giving different responses and I thought you had to go to the NY audition round no matter what and if you couldn't you would get disqualified...?

I'm really really confused about the youtube auditions..

If you pass the youtube auditions, you don't have to go to the NY, France, LA, or Argentina audition...?

People on allkpop are giving different responses and I thought you had to go to the NY audition round no matter what and if you couldn't you would get disqualified...?

I wouldn't say disqualified, they would just erase your name in the name of the people who're going to audition so basically if your name gets erased then everyone bellow you will just move up. That's just as easy as it works. If you pass the first round and you can't make it to the other country (and you know this before you audition) then I recommend you get your 100% OK with your parents for consent to let you go to that country BEFORE you audition so you don't waste precious effort and time. 

Guest thtcrzyazn

Hi! So first i posted a video on their youtube, after like a day i sent in an application. Would they connect both my audition video and my application together?

Guest starzXshinee

Oh no it was by kpopstarny.... 0.o....but they gave me the email for the new york vendor. I have no clue. I'm not auditioning anyways.

Oh I see.

Well, I just looked up their account and it looks pretty fake anyway. They did not even have a picture. Ha ha. At least have a flyer pic as an avatar. :sweatingbullets:

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I just looked them up and they don't sound legit. SBS always puts their SBS tradmark name to their shows name., so it sounds kinda suspicious.

Oh I see.

Well, I just looked up their account and it looks pretty fake anyway. They did not even have a picture. Ha ha. At least have a flyer pic as an avatar. :sweatingbullets:

^ I agree...I just looked at their account and it looks really fake. Also their have been news where some people are faking or pretending to be an SBS representative calling or emailing someone saying they already made it even though the deadline hasn't been reached yet. So be careful peoplez!

Guest starzXshinee

^ I agree...I just looked at their account and it looks really fake. Also their have been news where some people are faking or pretending to be an SBS representative calling or emailing someone saying they already made it even though the deadline hasn't been reached yet. So be careful peoplez!

Yeah. I wonder what drives people to do all that. They get no benefit unlike the hackers who hacked 2NE1's contest.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Yeah. I wonder what drives people to do all that. They get no benefit unlike the hackers who hacked 2NE1's contest.

^ They basically do it to rip people off. Like for the SUperstar K auditions last year their was this group of scammers telling people they already made it and got picked to be become contestants on "their" show right after the auditionees would upload their videos on their UCC site. They later found out a hacker hacked into their system and was pretending as a Superstar K representative telling people they got picked to go to South Korea. And he would tlell people if they wire him $500 he could save them a spot to audition right away for the second round or some bull-mini cooper like that. Don't know what happened to the hacker but their site is alot more safer now.

For those of who got a reply in email asking you to send in video of yourself singing or dancing, the person that emailed you isn't kpopstarla@gmail.com right? as in like the second email you get not the confirmation of receiving your application. Is it a naver account?

Guest bernash

where should i sent my application through e-mail if i live arround asia?

which way is the best way to apply if i living in indonesia? through email or by phone?

please help me by answer my questions, i'm so confuse and afraid if i do wrong with this.

Archived