Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

You should check the allkpop website, they've been made an official partner of the audition so you'll get updated a lot more.

I already did ^_^

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Lol, the comments are spamming like crazy with questions.

If they only knew that we already have the answers here in this thread... :P

Guest kimmmmy

@ _RAIN_ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ! <3 <3 <3 That helped me out so much. ^^ 

But, for the first round...it's only based on the pictures? ): That makes me a little worried, but I'll probably still try! HEHE. Also, what does international age mean? I'm 15 and I live in the U.S, do I put 15 or do I put the Korean age which would be 16...? 

Guest gAbbYrOckz

so...

according to the new audition website of allkpop, the preliminary round will be held in at those selected locations?

like for example LA and NY, people who live a bit far from those locations will have to drive there if they want to audition, and the e-mail thing is just some information u have to send?

I'm confused.. are they going to look at the info we emailed in and then tell us if we can audition

or it like that JYPE auditions where u can turn in an application online first and then audition at the selected locations?

@ _RAIN_ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION ! <3 <3 <3 That helped me out so much. ^^ 

But, for the first round...it's only based on the pictures? ): That makes me a little worried, but I'll probably still try! HEHE. Also, what does international age mean? I'm 15 and I live in the U.S, do I put 15 or do I put the Korean age which would be 16...? 

No problem. International age just means the age you will be when you're in Korea so if you're 15 then yes your international age would be 16. The first round is not only base on the pictures but on your application.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Well I just got an email from them today.

What they basically wrote was the email auditions are the first auditions and if you pass the email auditions they will then notify you via email the location on their USA auditions, and they will send the notifaction to the people who passed around September. I'm surprised they even contacted me...Did anyone else got an email from them?

Yep. Got the e-mail.

Thank you for applying for K-Pop Star!

1st round of audition will be determined by the application process.

2nd round of audition will be held in (THIS IS THE LOCATION YOU E-MAILED YOUR APPLICATION TO).

Once you pass the 1st round, you will be notified by email of the audition dates and location.

If you do not pass the 1st round, you will be notified that you did not pass.

The notifications will be sent out sometime in September.

Thank you for applying and good luck!

SBS K-Pop Star Team

Yep, so it's basically as I said before... The preliminary rounds are the application only (NO VIDEO ATTACHMENT). If they like what they read/see, they will e-mail you the location of the real audition in the location they specified in the e-mail.

Guest A.Love

Well I just got an email from them today.

What they basically wrote was the email auditions are the first auditions and if you pass the email auditions they will then notify you via email the location on their USA auditions, and they will send the notifaction to the people who passed around September. I'm surprised they even contacted me...Did anyone else got an email from them?

so... you are in? I mean... you was choose? Im from Argentina and I will try but I'm not pretty. 

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

so... you are in? I mean... you was choose? Im from Argentina and I will try but I'm not pretty. 

^ No they didn't choose me yet...The email they sent me was an automated message. They said they will email me again if I pass onto their second round that will be held in Los Angeles, CA. So the the actual email if I passed will be sent to me around September.

Hi, so basically if ever you passed the 1st round of auditions.

yet, you're far from the specified location.

ex. you're from india, your designated area was LA.

you need to provide your own money, plane ticket etc.

just to go to the second round?

well that's insane thought they'd go Global.

i know many already ask this but what about asians.

we're not sure if they'd provide us plane tickets to audition for the next round.

so for asian either we audition, lucky enough they'd provide a ticket for us.

or we passed but they do not provide tickets. too bad.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Hi, so basically if ever you passed the 1st round of auditions.

yet, you're far from the specified location.

ex. you're from india, your designated area was LA.

you need to provide your own money, plane ticket etc.

just to go to the second round?

well that's insane thought they'd go Global.

i know many already ask this but what about asians.

we're not sure if they'd provide us plane tickets to audition for the next round.

so for asian either we audition, lucky enough they'd provide a ticket for us.

or we passed but they do not provide tickets. too bad.

^ All Kpop companies never provide plane tickets for their oversease auditions, especially if you live far away from the specified area...Only AFTER you sign their contract will they spend any form of moeny on you. That's how it works. It's a business and they won't waste money on an auditionee who they didn't offer a contract to.

Is it possible to audition for singing and dancing too? Will it increase my chances?

You can apply for both...On the application it asks if you have other talent other than the one you specified...But no this won't raise your chances.

^ All Kpop companies never provide plane tickets for their oversease auditions, especially if you live far away from the specified area...Only AFTER you sign their contract will they spend any form of moeny on you. That's how it works. It's a business and they won't waste money on an auditionee who they didn't offer a contract to.

You can apply for both...On the application it asks if you have other talent other than the one you specified...But no this won't raise your chances.

the page has been updated again.

and it clearly states that For asian

just simply send your application form to any of the e-mails listed

w/ video attached. auditions can be held in seoul.

good thing it's now in seoul

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

the page has been updated again.

and it clearly states that For asian

just simply send your application form to any of the e-mails listed

w/ video attached. auditions can be held in seoul.

good thing it's now in seoul

^ Yeah but they still won't pay for your plane ticket...Just because you live in the Asian vicinity they won't pay for you until after you bcome a contestant on their show.

I got the email reply as well, now I have to wait till September till I get another notification? Wow >.> 

Thank god my school holidays start from September the 23rd :P So I reckon I'm good for most of it. The only thing that's bugging me right now is the flight fare and the accommodation fees -___-

^ Yeah but they still won't pay for your plane ticket...Just because you live in the Asian vicinity they won't pay for you until after you bcome a contestant on their show.

you're wrong read this.

"Second round qualifiers will be invited to Korea. (Flight fare and accommodation will be provided by SBS)"

you're wrong read this.

"Second round qualifiers will be invited to Korea. (Flight fare and accommodation will be provided by SBS)"

The second round qualifiers are the one's who has passed the round which requires them to fly to the country that they've sent their email too. Here is the breakdown:

1st round: Send email with application and a photo or two.

Preliminary Round: Fly to the country that you've sent your email too (Flight fare and accommodation not provided).

2nd round: SBS will pay for your flight to Korea to audition.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

you're wrong read this.

^ Invite meaning they only invite you if you can make it...Seriously I emailed this question to SBS and they said they will not pay for your plane ticket if you pass their email auditions.

Archived