Survival Audition Kpop Star

Guest lol00

Do you know if you add the photo in the section it says "Photo (Necessary)" on the application or attach it as a file to the email you send?

Just attach it. Doesn't really matter how you send the photo, as long as you send one then it's OK.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

When you send the email how long does it take for them to tell you if you made it or not?

It should take 1 week...If they don't email you in 7 days, it means they didn't pick you.

It should take 1 week...If they don't email you in 7 days, it means they didn't pick you.

Not entirely true, they said that the email might delayed due to the fact that there is a lot of applicants applying.

Guest pinku

Guys... Do u notice that email adress audition for "Asian" is gone? What should we do?

Yeahhh!!! where is Asia :blink: :blink: :blink:

Guys... Do u notice that email adress audition for "Asian" is gone? What should we do?

That was mentioned quite a long time ago, so there's really no point in bringing it back up. Basically iCupcake has said that you just send the application to one of the America based location e-mail with your application and two pictures attached.

hey it says only download an application if you pass the first preliminary. whats the first preliminary?

The first preliminary round has a different application to the one that you're talking about. The preliminary round is the application that is told to be downloaded through the update banner of the competition, you just attach that application and two pictures and send it to one of the e-mails available. If you get a reply after one week then you've passed the preliminary round, they would contact you by phone or by e-mail telling you that you've passed and additional information such as downloading another application form.

[iMPORTANT INFORMATION]

OK! This is how you apply for the Survival Audition K-Pop it's arranged in steps for simplicity to understand and it has some FAQ. I hope this helps [Credits to iCupcake for telling]

1.) First of all, you'll download an application form from this link:

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/w3/template/tpl_freetype.jsp?vVodId=V0000349627&vProgId=1000714&vMenuId=1015051

After clicking on the link, scroll down a bit and you'll see two pick boxes, click on the one that says "Download Overseas Application Form (Eng)" After you click on that it should automatically download. The editing is nice and easily done. 

2.) Download the application form and fill out the details. (You don't need to put in a picture of yourself in the application, as long as you send them one or two with the application then it's fine.)

3.) After filling in all of the details with all truths and no lies, then you just send it to one of the following emails:

LA USA: kpop@sbs.co.kr

New York USA: kpopny@sbs.co.kr 

Paris France: france@sbs.co.kr

South America: latin@sbs.co.kr 

If you're not from those countries, and you're from like Australia (like me) or another country, just send it to whatever e-mail you want, and one that wouldn't have too much trouble for you get over there, I believe they're going to pay for your flight and accommodation so don't pick a country you live too far away from.

4.) After sending them the application with 2 pictures of yourself attached, you wait 1 week for your reply. Remember, the reply may be delayed due to the fact that there are lots of applicants.

5.) If you get a reply, they'll (Survival K-Pop Audition crew) will either give you a phone-call or an e-mail saying that you've passed and with additional information on where you're headed next, and you'll have to download another application to fill out for the next audition round.

6.) If you manage to go to the next destination required for the audition [which would most likely be you auditioning in-front of some judges or you fly to Korea; Seoul and audition in-front of YG, JYP and (name of judge who has not been confirmed yet)]. 

I'm not very sure what happens after round 6 as no one has done it yet, nor any news have been released about what will happen.

[FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)]

1.) What does preliminary round mean?

The preliminary round is the first round of auditions which is basically you sending your application and one (or two) pictures of yourself and someone who receives all the e-mails will judge your application and the pictures you send them to see if you're qualified to pass the first round (which is preliminary) and advance into the second round.

2.) Will they pay for our flight, accommodation, etc.?

I'm assuming they will, because on the application the last questions states if you have a place to reside in as you're in Korea; Seoul auditioning for the Survival K-Pop Audition. So if you stated no, and they call you to fly to Korea, they'll probably find a place for you to stay, etc., etc.

3.) What if I get a call-back and I'm not allowed to go?

Then you can't go, just send them an e-mail saying that you're unable to attend. Sorry but there's nothing me or other people can help you with if you can't attend.

4.) Will I be on T.V!?

The show airs on December something, and that means if you past the first few rounds, then yes, you're on T.V.

5.) What will happen if I past the preliminary round, and fail to succeed during the second round?

If you pass the preliminary round and you fail to succeed the second round, then you'd probably be sent back to the country where you reside, so if you wanna fly to Seoul, it's best if you bring your parents' and don't go alone, as you'll have trouble.

6.) What will happen if I arrive in Seoul? What will I need to do for the second audition round?

So what I'm guessing is that you'll be brought to Seoul (With or without your parents, I'm not sure) and you'll have an interview about yourself and of course you'll be answering some questions. They'll probably ask you questions while they have your application in their hand and they'll see if you answer the same way you do as you filled out your application. They'll eventually ask you what you're good at doing, and that's probably when you start to decide what to do to impress the judges for the second audition round.

7.)Do I still have to register at the SBS Website and post a video?

No, you don't have to register at the SBS website and post videos anymore, just send them the application with one (or two) pictures of yourself attached. I'm saying this because on the advertisement banner, they didn't tell you to register on the SBS Website and post a video like they did before.

That's all of the information that I think is necessary and very important to know before auditioning. If you have anything else you want to know, just ask :D 

I hoped this helped those who're confused on how to audition right now.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

^ You know the SBS Kpopstar site re-uplaoded their application format to a DOC. File so I'm going to take down my converted 4shared file soon.

^ You know the SBS Kpopstar site re-uplaoded their application format to a DOC. File so I'm going to take down my converted 4shared file soon.

I recommend you leaving it on as it might still come in handy if the download is again a hassle to download the new file.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

I recommend you leaving it on as it might still come in handy if the download is again a hassle to download the new file.

^ I aready put it down lol...ANd I also tried downloading the application from their site and I didn't have any problems when I openned it with Microsoft Word.

^ I aready put it down lol...ANd I also tried downloading the application from their site and I didn't have any problems when I openned it with Microsoft Word.

Is the website still the same as the SBS one? And can you post a link to the website for the application?

EDIT: I just downloaded the application, the editing was easily done and everything was nice and good :D Should I send them this application form?? Even though it hasn't been a week since I sent my last one.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Is the website still the same as the SBS one? And can you post a link to the website for the application?

EDIT: I just downloaded the application, the editing was easily done and everything was nice and good :D Should I send them this application form?? Even though it hasn't been a week since I sent my last one.

^ You should probably wait for the week, and if they don't contact you by then, then email with the new application.

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

Uhh..crud I just sent them another one :/

It's okay...It's not the end of world lol...Just don't send anymore after this though, until the 1 week time frame is over.

Guest gAbbYrOckz

So I live in America.... This myt sound kinda stupid but, where do u buy international calling cards? XD

Guest MyNameIs_Luka

So I live in America.... This myt sound kinda stupid but, where do u buy international calling cards? XD

^ Nah that's not a stupid question lol.. Theses days buying an international phone cards are pretty rare. Wal-Mart still sells them.

Archived