How long have you been chasing the dream of being a kpop idol

Guest Charmingbestfriend96

Guest liyiknam37

I am 18 :P I started thinking about this dream since grade 9. Haha, realistically speaking I never thought it is even possible for me to become a singer since to people...(Asian  parents especially) is a unrealistic and unconventional goal. They want me to settle down, go to Uni, find a job and get married. While I sort accepted that fate as a human being...I started wanting more in life. Seriously, I felt that while people are enjoying life and taking risks they are doing things they never thought possible. I too have made myself believe that I am at a limit in life and that I can't do whatever others do who are on that television screen. Life became very boring for me because I was not really happy about it and that everything seemed "unfitted for me". I don't know if I will EVER become what I am dying to become but I at least want to know that I have tried for this dream. I don't want to be old and then realize I should have done more for myself. I hate regretting...it's one of the worst feelings for me. 
I hope all of you try to reach for that dream... good luck to you all! ♥

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest loveutomorrow

I'm 16, and I've been chasing my dream for 4 - 5 years -I've always wanted to get into SM or JYP ~
However, I have extremely supportive parents, and I have not let my dreams interfere with school or studying -I'm also very into art, so I always have a back up for my (pretty impossible) dream ~ : ))

I still sing much in my freetime, learn new songs, and attend auditions, but I've learned to have a healthy balance between the present and the future ~

• 3 months later...
Guest YooAmie

_RaiN_ said:

Jenniilovesuju

wrote on 03 July 2011 - 10:47 AM:

I have always dreamt of being a kpop idol since i was 12 and now im 15 so i wasted 3 years of constantly dreaming and taking singing + dancing lessons + learning korean (im partially fluent) and wasting alot of time and money just to have my parents say no to my chance of auditioning

:(

they let me audition before but now my grandparents, aunts and uncles yelled at my parents for being bad parents and letting me chase this foolish dream since im chinese and not korean....i was gonna audition for Sm weekly audition and now unless some miracle happens im stuck doing online auditions....and i dont live in california i live in stupid michigan and thers no auditions happening there

my grades have been dropping too because of this dream...my 9th grade gpa is 3.2

:(

Guest beccalious

Lol...i have the same situation like you....mine is jst that i dont get holidays from school since i am a hosteler and barely get time to go out....

I've alwaes wanted to be a kpop singer since i was 10 n now i am 14....hehehe...

But i am still sending mail auditions....but till now ive only tried out for SM and YG....

Aaahhh....m tired of auditioning over n over again....bt doesnt matter....ill keep trying till i get through....lol^___^*...

Btw Good Luck in your auditions too....i hope well meet dea someday...^^...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest winterchild036

Charmingbestfriend96 said: ...too long??I have always dreamt of being a kpop idol since i was 12 and now im 15 so i wasted 3 years of constantly dreaming and taking singing + dancing lessons + learning korean (im partially fluent) and wasting alot of time and money just to have my parents say no to my chance of auditioning :( they let me audition before but now my grandparents, aunts and uncles yelled at my parents for being bad parents and letting me chase this foolish dream since im chinese and not korean....i was gonna audition for Sm weekly audition and now unless some miracle happens im stuck doing online auditions....and i dont live in california i live in stupid michigan and thers no auditions happening there

my grades have been dropping too because of this dream...my 9th grade gpa is 3.2 :(

• 2 months later...

I'm 20 years old, having been a k-pop fans for a long time ever since k-pop hadn't been a worldwide sensation. I always love dancing & singing, but never thought of it as a serious stuff,since i did quite well at school.

Recently, the thought of auditioning keep bothering my mind. I realized that I'm maybe too old for auditioning. But I can't help thinking about it. It quite distracts my school life lately. I need to get my concentration back & focus on chasing a bright future. Yet, that thought keeps coming. I've never realized if I like singing that much. Why now? When I'm not that young anymore. When I've been so far in my study and there's no way back.

• 1 month later...
Guest sicasyl16@hotmail.comsylpi

Wah this topic is so interesting:)

I have this dream when i'm at 13 years old. The first time i went to the stage and i was singing that time. I'm so nervous and i think that i will forget the lyrics. But when i'm done, i saw that all the people gave me an applause. I really happy and from that time i really want to stand on stage again and i want to be a singer.

And i have known about kpop from 15 years old. I really love kpop song. And i think i want to become like kpop idol. So i went through an audition, online audition. But i only try to audition at JYP. I sent my video about 20 times but they never call me back.

And now i'm 17 year old. I still try hard to reach my beautiful dream. I still try and keep work hard to make my voice is better. And now i think my voice is better and i want to follow all the audition and i will sent all my audition to all the entertainment at Korea. And i want to follow kpop star hunt 3 this year. I hope i get i someday. And i hope so for all of you who has the same beautiful dream as i. Let's work more harder to reach our dream. Hwaiting!!! ( 9'̀ , '́)9

Guest herlianepedro

I do not know how to speak korean but I like to rap and sing but i also song write and i want to get into jyp but im kinda scared because i have never sang on a stage or in front of people only to me  one person.... I wanted to ask you : Can you give me some tips about korean language and gestures, and also vocal and dance tips..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Reen.A

I think I finally realized that I want to major in the entertainment industry, just recently!~ 
I really love Kpop songs and singers, especially IU who is extremely pretty & has an amazingg voice(:
Being on stage is at first nerve-wracking but after a while it's just you and the music. That's what makes the experience so special~~
I plan to take vocal lessons this summer to improve on my singing and am working hard at my instrumental components=)
I hope to audition next year 2014 and in the future, sign with a Hong Kong or Korean entertainment group.
As a new soompier, I hope to make many new friends on here with similar interests! Feel free to message and share your dreams/goals with me!! =D I'm always willing to listen!!
Let's all work hard together!~~

• 2 months later...
Guest greenphoenix347

I started listening to kpop last year cuz of my friend, and I'm Chinese so..I don't know Korean. I've considered auditioning in a few years time but my parents would NEVER let me go even if I had the talent! They're completely opposed to kpop, and of course (like most Asian parents) want me to be a docter..or something like that. I guess I just have to wait till 18. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest serendipity1430292255

I just turned 21 this year so I suppose it's too late for me to make it. Growing up as an Asian and the only son in the family, I guess I am brought up to follow a pre-determined path decided by my parents, which I cannot blame considering I have the responsibility to fulfill my duty as a son.
However, beginning early 2012, I can no longer deny this dream of mine. I know this may sound too abrupt to many of you and I don't have a solid explanation on why I wanted it, it just appear that I really want it badly. I want it so much so that I feel like it would be my genuine happiness. My passion for singing rose since and I even started learning Korean myself via internet.

From 2012 till now. I have been trying countless times by email auditions whenever possible and even sent a CD to SM Entertainment USA 2 weeks ago, but none gave a feedback. The "best" acknowledgement I received was the auto-generated e-mail for SM Global Auditions which I cannot attend as it's not held in my country, Malaysia.

I tell myself that it's no harm to try so I had been doing all these continuously since last year, even risking posting myself singing on Youtube via Everysing but I think I must have got really tired of trying especially with my age in mind. It's different if I'm REJECTED because that means I'm not good enough but now I'm left in the HANGING state where I'm not sure if my materials are reviewed or not. I'm sure many of you will understand how this feels...

Besides, I tried all that I could possibly try so come to think of it, I have no regrets when it comes to initiative. I just wish that I am younger, haha! It's good being young, seriously. And I sincerely would like to hear a reply from the representatives....even if it's the harshest NO, I seriously want to hear from them. 

Anyway to all you aspiring artists here, good luck! 

I'm the same as you man! I've sent everything like post, email, everysing and I've even gone to the youth stars and I haven't gotten any response! I'm going to go to L.A for a live but I don't even know if they'll accept me i'm not asian..... but I guess i'll keep trying! I'm only 15!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest redenvy

I'm 18 and I've been dreaming of becoming an idol ever since I first got into K-Pop.. Hmm.. Say about 5 years? I honestly feel like it's too late to audition because there are so many groups debuting now at a young age! I feel so old compared to them even though they're probably a few years younger. I've been thinking a lot lately about auditioning. I have tried but nothing has worked. I haven't improved since 5 years ago... So I think I'm giving up on this dream.. :/

• 2 months later...
Guest ansanohis

If you really want it I think age shouldn't be a problem. But often people only want to be a "Kpop star" instead of a real singer. I started out like that, I only wanted to be a "Kpop star" and get into JYP or SM because it just looked so great from watching all the reality shows etc. But...then I realized, that's not the only way and I really wanted to become a great performer instead of just a "Kpop star".Anyways, I think people should really weigh the pros and cons. Do your research. For example, once you get in you don't even know if you will debut and you'll probably be very stressed every day competing with the other trainees. Let's say you do get to debut...it's obvious that you will not be able to be with your families often. But also every time you're tired and don't talk as much as usual the media will say you're being a diva or you go out with one of your opposite sex friends and all of a sudden there's a scandal that you guys are together. Or you trip and fall on stage and hurt yourself badly but still have to continue performing. Stuff like that you may think you can handle but when faced with it, are you strong enough? Honestly, I really wish my dream was something else. But throughout the years, I've tried to suppress it but have been very depressed until I practiced singing every day again. I also think you should be responsible to the fact you call it your "dream". Like Taeyang said "dreams are for chasing" so you actually have to take action instead of sitting there every day only thinking "oh wouldn't it be great if I was a Kpop star and every body loved me and I was pretty all the time". If you have thought about it long and hard and decide that it is your dream, then do something every single day that will get you towards your dream.I'm sorry for going off topic a bit and always writing super long posts but I just wanted to share what my Kpop dream has made me realize through out these years. I too believed I was too old when I was 16 and gave up, then I turned 19...and I wish I had not given up and trained myself extra hard so I wouldn't have wasted those years. 
I want to be a great performer, that can touch the audience and influence their way of thinking. Not just a "Kpop star"

• 2 years later...

I've been dreaming this dream for like 2 years. I know it's kind of a short time and most people around me think that someday, I'd change my mind 'cause they keep saying it's impossible. Just a clarification, "they" are my super close friends. I haven't told my parents yet because I know they're not going to support me anyway. They'd just say that all the years I spent studying would be wasted 'cause I'm doing quite good in class.

Well, for me, just like what my classmates say, "nothing's going to happen if you're just gonna' stand there". You should do something. As from a recent blog I read, it says there that the dream of being a kpop idol is quite unrealistic because sometimes it all just depends on fate. From my point of view, you're never going to figure out if it's your fate unless you try doing it. 

Sometimes all it takes is a lot of courage. Never fear rejection. But when you know you've done enough, put an end to it. Maybe it's just not meant for you. The dream and you aren't just compatible and there are some other careers to pursue there that would just rather fit your perfectly imperfect personality. 

I'm currently on the 8th grade and I'm quite thinking maybe they're right. Maybe my mind's yet too immature to make decisions and such. But if the desire remains in my heart for 2 years more, well why not? I'mma give it a shot

• 9 months later...

In elementary I wanted to be a singer and actress. But I couldn't stay after school and join the theater club then or now really. Then in middle school I wrote songs and poems but my school was to poor to have theater club or choir. Plus I still couldn't stay after school. in high school I still wrote  poems and song but not as much now in my senior year I regret having given up but I have no experience with music. I cant sing, play an instrument or find a place to learn. My parents couldn't pay for lessons because they had 3 kids close in age that would want to do things together which meant paying for all of them. I know I makes my parents sad sometimes because they wanted to but they didn't know how. Through the years my dream of being a singer or actress faded out. people told me I couldn't do it, that I need experience, that I was too shy, that It wasn't a stable career choice and that I should choice something different. At the end of elementary and through middle school when people asked me  what I wanted to be I would lie. now I am here and I just don't know.

have been dreaming and is still dreaming for over a decade now... i am currently 31 years old and i am still trying and learning, improving and practicing and hoping to reach that goal.. i will do anything and everything to make it come true no matter how old i am.

Archived