MBC Star Audition is Partnering with Soompi

melkimx

Let's see a Soompier take home the prize!

a0ab273b2e5f201e52b8ab5960b983ed_large.png

Ready to be a Star?

Soompi is now the official partner of the second season of Korea’s most celebrated audition show, “MBC Star Audition”!  We have teamed up to give YOU the chance to become a superstar!

Apply, rock the audition, and if you make it into the first round, you will be invited to Korea (flight and room & board will be provided for by MBC) to compete with other participants on live television in an elimination-style competition-- where only one person can be left standing. If you are that person, you will receive a large cash prize, and the opportunity to debut as a singer in Korea! 

Check out our official MBC Star Audition page for more details.  There's also a fun video shout-out with some of the members of SNSD, Super Junior, f(x), and 2PM, as well as Jang Woo Hyuk, all encouraging you to audition (and do some other fun stuff too) so check that out as well!

Audition Process

Open auditions will be held in Los Angeles on July 16, and London on August 6. Please prepare to sing about 1 minute of your best song for the audition (at least 1 or more Korean songs). Auditions will be conducted in a cappella with the exception of you playing your own instrument (provided by you). If you decide to prepare a dance or other skill that requires music, please provide your own CD/MP3.

Starting on July 7, there will also be online video auditions via YouTube.  We will post more details as we get them.

Please check out our official MBC Star Audition page to download the application and learn audition dates, locations, and more details!

Participation Requirements

• Must be able to sing at least one song in Korean, regardless of age, gender, or ethnicity
  • You will be disqualified if you are a professional singer and/or have some kind of recording contract

Application Submissions

• Download the application on our official MBC Star Audition page
  • Applications will be accepted from June 9, 2011 through July 15, 2011
  • Don’t forget to provide at least TWO different ways to contact you (cell phone number, home number, email, etc.)
  • After you have downloaded and completed the application form, email it to usa@mbc.co.kr

Forum Thread

We are opening this forum thread in the auditions subforum to allow you to discuss the show and the audition process! We hope to see you at the auditions!

9aebc9613756e71ffd6f8a6fe161e94a_medium.png3b907aa5f32bac9bb20add78b40ce2bc_medium.png3f1a963ba4281a42571e7850682b1347_medium.png40ad1a0e87e13a1c6d4e9d52ea2bf366_medium.png27cba7c4abcf08d7ff71d7abf297637e_medium.png770e8ef3947e7da55e342218083a41ca_medium.png

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ParkHyunee

I guess that if we can't go to Los Angeles or London to audition we can't participate, right?

I am going to the london one !! BUT CAN WE DANCE? and not sing or BOTH?

Yes, you can dance it says it in the "Audition Process" section. 

Quoted from Text: "...If you decide to prepare a dance or other skill that requires music, please provide your own CD/MP3."

Good luck and I hope to see you there :D

Soompi could you please tell MBC to bring auditions to Australial; Melbourne? Please !!

I don't want this chance to skip by!! 

Guest lol00

Yes, you can dance it says it in the "Audition Process" section. 

Quoted from Text: "...If you decide to prepare a dance or other skill that requires music, please provide your own CD/MP3."

Good luck and I hope to see you there :D

Soompi could you please tell MBC to bring auditions to Australial; Melbourne? Please !!

I don't want this chance to skip by!! 

:lol:are you auditioning in london too?!

No online auditions this time?

Will no one ever come down to Australia? .________.

Agreed. SOMEONE I mean at least SOMEONE has to at least have auditions in Australia at least ONCE! Common... is Australia not that important to anyone ?

if there are online auditions...I swear I bet most of them would be from Australia!! 

Give us a fighting chance MBC!!

Guest Taenew

Agreed. SOMEONE I mean at least SOMEONE has to at least have auditions in Australia at least ONCE! Common... is Australia not that important to anyone ?

if there are online auditions...I swear I bet most of them would be from Australia!! 

Give us a fighting chance MBC!!

Yeah, the only audition was JYP and that was a complete mini cooper, my friend told me that it was suppsoed to be 11-5pm but they rushed it and finished like 3 hours early.

Yeah, the only audition was JYP and that was a complete mini cooper, my friend told me that it was suppsoed to be 11-5pm but they rushed it and finished like 3 hours early.

Yes, I would totally audition for JYP is I knew they had online auditions. 

It's just that Australia never get's notified early enough and when we get notified it's always at the worst possible time. 

An example of what I mean is if SM, CUBE, JYP, YG, MBC, etc. are having auditions from May 1st - June 15th we get notified 3 days to 1 week before the audition ends.

I wish they would have global auditions in Australia.

Guest Ninjaskills

They said that they're accepting auditions online. Attach the application and link your Youtube video on the e-mail and send it to them. ^^

Guest BBViPNina

Annyeonghaseyo ~ ^^ 

Is this audition open to the locations indicated? Or could we send it through web or youtube?

Guest ininay

So to get this straight...we can audition online?

I dunno about the whole ethnicity thing, all (or the majority of contestants) being chosen will most likely be Asian..but this is also an audition to be a singer in Asia XD

Best of luck to the people who are going to the Global Auditions =]

Guest koreafanchicchic1

They said that they're accepting auditions online. Attach the application and link your Youtube video on the e-mail and send it to them. ^^

WHERE DID YOU HERE THAT? ^???^

they accept online audition ? *quoted image*

Yeah, I think it's located in the link for the application form.

YAY!! Email auditions laugh.gif But do you know what the link is? 

And it's kinda sad how you HAVE to sing at least 1 Korean song D: I can't sing tears.gif

Guest Ninjaskills

@ koreafanchicchic1: People asked about it on their official Facebook page and they said they were accepting applications via e-mail. However, they just announced that like last time, Youtube submissions will be up and running July 7th. So be patient guys! ^^

@ _RaiN_: Link of what? Well this is a singing competition after all~ ^^ There's no harm in trying, but be aware that they are searching for the best singers, so don't be too disappointed if you don't make it.

Guest Kellz

woots! just read bout the online submission..... :D

july 7th! good luck to everyone....

so the vid must be at least 1 min long?? XD

Archived