[ JDrama 2011] Ikemen Desu Ne

Sunney

To be honest, I didn't expect much from Tamamori Yuta, since I haven't watched him before, I only thought he had a cute face. :P But he's doing well, he really pulled off the tsundere-to-fall-in-love-with character, my heart was definitely stolen! Even in this compressed version, I actually believed his feelings for the heroine, more so than Geunsuk's portrayal.

This.

TBH, as much of an eyecandy JGS is, I found his TaeKyung slighty off and strangely naive, like I don't understand his personality. Ren on the other hand, although his character is typical "domyouji" style pissed-off at the world look, he still does so well with the "warm", caring look too.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch it before judging, It should get higher ratings,it deserve more

If only we could convince everyone of that! I'm willing to let "You're Beautiful" fans be when they say they won't watch this drama because they're too attached to the original, but statements of ignorant judgement--such as "I won't watch this drama, it surely sucks because they're just copying"--well, that's too much! If they haven't given it a fair chance and didn't even watch a single episode, then they've got zero credibility and shouldn't be saying anything about this drama.

In an ideal world, each drama would be judged on its own merit and not be compared to the other, but comparisons are unavoidable, we viewers are only human after all. But they shouldn't even be comparing if they haven't even watched!

Being annoyed to NANA that means KojiHaru is an effective actress and im very proud for KojiHaru, I knew that she'll be able to handle this role well, when I watched the korean version I really hated this character, but in this drama I was kinda enjoying knowing my oshi is playing hoo yeyi ^^

Your mileage may vary I guess, but I think it's too little to expect from a villain character to be simply annoyed with them. As I said, Heyi was evil but magnificently so, that even though she was evil, there's a part of me that wanted to see her succeed and even escape retribution. Even as bratty idol character, she still managed to have a certain complexity, which in turn gives some viewers similarly complex reactions--"Good grief, she's awful, but it would be interesting to see her get her way..." Meanwhile, Nana is just too flat for me, that I only want her to disappear or better yet, get her just desserts.

This.

TBH, as much of an eyecandy JGS is, I found his TaeKyung slighty off and strangely naive, like I don't understand his personality. Ren on the other hand, although his character is typical "domyouji" style pissed-off at the world look, he still does so well with the "warm", caring look too.

I thought Geunsuk was a bit painful to watch: he's a good actor, but the way he interpreted Taekyung didn't make me feel like rooting for him. Meaning, I only had to root for him in the end because I found Shinwoo to be creepy, so I might as well choose Taekyung. I don't really think that's a successful male lead if a viewer only chooses him because of a "lesser of two evils" situation.

On the other hand, my support for Ren is unwavering. :wub: I definitely think it's a sign of the male lead's success if the female viewer has fallen for him. He's not perfect, but he has his sweet moments and his cute moments are too funny--and don't you just want to take care of his broken little heart? (I sound like a total fangirl.)

idn4120.png

(banner credit: ranjithaa)

Episode 1

Main Translator: Meltlet

Spot Translator: Kotenshi

Timer: DashRabbit

Editor/QC: tofupanda

Final QC: Swan

Coordinator: DashRabbit

If you can't access our site, like us on facebook for Mediafire links here

Official Site: http://ffsubs.com/

Like our facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook....fightingfansubs

Hi Everyone,

Ikemen Desu ne Episode 4 (was previously added unofficially but not announced) English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

IkemenDasuNe.jpg

Ikemen Desu ne 1-4 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2264-ikemen-desu-ne-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

-------------------------------

DSS is back:)

Guest amnosukebe

hi minna. im new to this forum. yoroshiku.happy.gif

hmmn.... so to put it simply, i came to join this site after becoming a fan of this dorama ... tongue.gif

hehe... anooo, where to start. my friends are big fans of JGS. so you can just imagine how i was inducted to the whole You're Beautiful thing..hehe. and i loved that drama. and geun seuk is a great actor whom i really respect.

when this japanese version was announced, i was totally skeptical. though i have my j.e. bias, i know most of them are not really amazing actors. i especially found miori-san as very pretty though. 

after just watching the first episode (which was soooo long) up to episode 5, it was just too entertaining and addictive at some point, and i think i'm liking the japanese version better. same reason as the others: the pacing is very good, fast but not fast enough to make you dizzy (case in point:bloody monday, hidarime tantei eye). and yappari,  japanese humor is the best for me i guess.

the main cast are all surprisingly good, considering the fact that they are all relatively newbies. well, taipi and hikaru have starred in a few dramas before, as well as tama-chan, but my expectations of them aren't really high. but ive just gotta say,  they are pretty much nailing their characters in this drama. 

tamamori yuta's acting is not amazing. but very good, though there are some lines that he has to throw with more conviction. well, we cant really expect his character to be like domyouji though. domyouji is like a wild animal. ren is just more of a no nonsense, tsundere person. i saw his acting first in gokusen the movie and well, his character there doesnt really have much depth so, nothing much to expect. but im looking forward to see him growing more as an actor.

taipi as shu, well, i also agree with most of you guys, that his portrayal has more warmth and mr. nice guy vibe to it. it is very easy to warm up to his character. ive seen taipi before in byakkotai and i thought he was okay.  gosh, i really have to see misaki number one.

hikaru's yuki!! gosh, he's already my favorite character! lolols. im really impressed at how hikaru can play varying types of teenager character with ease (he played a troubled youth in orthros no inu quite convincingly). i recently watched episode 5 and im really happy that they're giving his relationship with mio a lot more screen time and depth. wub.gif

and of course, our lead girl, miori-san. her acting is really pure and the facial expressions are priceless. biggrin.gif i really think she will go far as an actress. very pretty indeed. and no matter how u look at her, she's just really a girl. tongue.gif oh well, i've long given up on the idea that in any 'girl-disguising -as-a-guy' drama, the girl lead should look convincingly like a guy. 

darn!! the ratings are really disappointing me. am i the only one who's wishing that a.n.jell shuld guest in any arashi show??? lols. that should definitely pull up the ratings.

Guest jellybeaniebaby

I was wondering... in the Korean version, in order to escape the reporter, the group goes to Japan.

So do you think that the the Japanese group will head over to Korea?

I think that would be a humorous twist.

This version has really grown on me. I like the pace as well, and look forward to a shorter "female lead runs away from male lead" portion and a little more satisfying wrap up at the very end.

Yuki is very cute in this one, I agree. He's not so overly cute that it's weird, like Jeremy and his quiet moments seem quite normal. I hope he gets his teeth fixed. I am surprised at how many Japanese actors are orthodontically challenged.

hi minna. im new to this forum. yoroshiku.*quoted image*

darn!! the ratings are really disappointing me. am i the only one who's wishing that a.n.jell shuld guest in any arashi show??? lols. that should definitely pull up the ratings.

welcome to the thread.

I wasn't expecting a lot from the je boys too, but their doing really well especially taipi.

I don't even want to wait for the ratings anymore, those fans have no loyalty!jfkadsjf :angry: :angry:

I was wondering... in the Korean version, in order to escape the reporter, the group goes to Japan.

So do you think that the the Japanese group will head over to Korea?

I think that would be a humorous twist.

that would be a great idea if they actually go there.

btw, id it true that the k-cast is going to have a cameo?

Guest sandy_ben

^

your wish is my command:

episode 5 caps

gomen heavy caps

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/01cd2e83gw1dk35gzk6qjj.jpg

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/629cefefgw1dk35lfmauxj.jpg

BUTAUSAGI SURGERY

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/629cefefgw1dk36133hfsj.jpg

also whoever wants this pic from Hikaru (Yuki's Hanamaru Market guesting)

*quoted image*

U R THE BEST THANKS A LOT ^^

Guest jellybeaniebaby

That would be great! Hong Sisters seem to like cameos from previous actors, so that wouldn't surprise me at all, but would be a lot of fun.

Guest amnosukebe

They performed on Coming Soon! again, but it's the same song. I don't know who is more annoyed. Nakai-san or me. Honestly, I thought they were finally going to perform a new song...

haha! true. i kind of wished they were going to perform their version of still (as ever). the scene in the drama where they performed it was really good, their harmony sounds great. 

Guest Shiget^

Where did you read this? Ive only heard Katori Shingo appearing for this friday's episode, btw SMAP-san are fans of You're beautiful, Hikaru said that Katori Shingo said he watches Ikemen desu ne and he thinks its funny, he cheering on the cast he even call Miichan Mio and hugged her XD

it would be great if they did XD Yonghwa and Shinhye are done with their dramas, Yonghwa is flying to Japan soon

Hongki is shooting a drama?

edit.// okay just read about it from eels its a rumour for now, that JGS and Hongki will make a cameo on the last episode of Ikemen desu ne

About Still/As ever can I ask a favor to you guys, can you please tweet @anjell_tbs and say you want to hear Still/As ever on Coming Soon!

Guest Shiget^

ANJELL will be on Coming Soon again on monday!!

Pls do me a favor can you guys tweet @anjell_tbs and request that you wanna hear Still/As ever on Coming Soon pls

here in japanese: A.N.JELLのstill/as ever聞かせてください!

once I get on pandora links will post here or other links ^^

Archived