[ JDrama 2011] Ikemen Desu Ne

Sunney

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Ikemen Desu ne Episode 1 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

Ikemen Desu ne 1 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team.

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2264-ikemen-desu-ne-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

@xiam

nope..jdrama are usually 45 minutes long 

i don't know why this is 2 hours O_O

no wonder it took a longer time to sub this sleep.gif

Ouran also has an special episode before its airing ohmy.gif

money money i guess mellow.gif

@ren

thanks for dropping by..really appreciate it <3

you guys are awesome

I'm lovin ikemen so far compared to hanakimi (so disappointing) 

It's pretty smooth, straight to the point, and funny biggrin.gif Good bg too. However, my fave ost songs aren't that heart-warming to listen.

The supporting cast (manager,etc)  are doing better than the main chars tho. lmao

I'm liking Go Mi Nam's portrayal of a guy compared to hana kimi's. 

Shin Woo here is ineffective..I can't see him competing to tae kyung..

Tae Kyung - I love his hair. Suits him very well.He has the mean expression but can't feel it when he says his words. I want him to drop his lines like Domyouji.That's what you call mean.

My fave here is Jeremy..He is really jolly and childish. Although he isn't as cute as the original, he is soo funny..I like him.

I also like how they  put emphasis on relationship between go mi nam and her twin. Now I'm more convinced she needs to lie even tho she's a nun.

The only thing they need to work on more is chemistry..

so far so good :) 

Hello!~

I was just wondering does anyone know what the insert song is for this show?

an example of the song would be when ANJELL is walking out of the van to the horde of girls...

please and thank you~

Japanese "You're Beautiful" not received well by Korean fans

Ever since the Japanese remake of "You're Beautiful" was announced, netizens have been quick to compare the remake (titled "Ikemen desu ne") with the Korean original.

On online message boards, similar scenes and character photos have been posted for side-by-side comparison. In the Japanese version, Park Shinhye's role is played by Takimoto Miori, Jang Geun Suk's by Tamamori Yuta, Lee Hongki's by Yaotome Hikaru, and Jung Yonghwa's by Fujigaya Taisuke. All three male actors are a part of Johnny's Entertainment; Tamamori and Fujigaya are part of the group Kis-my-ft2 while Yaotome is part of Hey! Say! JUMP.

The Japanese cast has raised concerns within Korean fans and received criticism from netizens who say that there is less visual appeal than in the original and the cast has an entirely different look. Fans of the original have also voiced the opinion that casting Fujigaya Taisuke as Kang Shinwoo and Tamamori Yuta as Hwang Taekyung are "miscastings." However, Korean fans admit that the overall organization of the drama is "really the same" and say they have high expectations for the Japanese version to be entertaining since the Korean original was too.

On the other hand, Japanese fans are enthusiastic in the drama largely due to the fact that Fujigaya, Tamamori, and Yaotome are part of Johnny's Entertainment. Japanese netizens comment, "My heart beat faster while I watched" and "It's very interesting because I can watch it while comparing to the Korean version." 

What is your opinion on the Korean original and the Japanese remake?

Source: Koreaboo

the korean version was good and I very much loved it, I want to give a chance to the Japanese one. Its too early to judge it since its still in this first episode. I admit I am a JE fan, its the reason I'm watching it.

The female lead, I really like her.

And Hikaru as Yuki <3

Guest ♥~rinka~♥

I'm sorry but I don't understand all the negativity around Shu. I'm a loooong time stan of Taisuke and I must say this is his best role by far. And no, I'm not being biased because I hated Taisuke's drama last season and gave up after 2 episodes. I was also skeptical about this remake but SURPRISINGLY, I didn't cringe one bit while they were on screen.

On the looks department, he's not as manly handsome as Shinwoo and has some awkward angles but on the whole, the guy is hot especially that nose of his.

tumblrloc3iqo1hf1qjdsk9.jpg

tumblrlo55tv5eqp1qkzsz7.jpg

Is that a guy who's ugly? He's not the most gorgeous person but he's werqin it!

If you open your mind to it, and think in terms of Japanese drama and culture, he's perfect for the role. I know the world hopes for more popular actors but Matsujun is already Domyouji. I'm not sure if people get me but Ikemen Desu Ne needs to have its own character to be more effective. It will just become parody like if it's a remake with popular actors though that would be entertaining.

Acting wise, to be honest, I actually enjoyed Taisuke's acting more than Yonghwa's. Don't get me wrong, I was a Shinwoo fangirl but Taisuke just gave the role more depth. He just didn't go wood stoic with his role and I felt lots of feelings from his expressions. He's sweeter, more caring and the effin concern for Mio just reaches my heart to no end.

tumblrloegho7lhc1qbs6fy.gif

tumblrloehgqq1hn1qbdqfb.gif

tumblrloegfanzfw1qbs6fy.gif

I love how they're building the Mio-Shu relationship in this so the second lead's going to put up a fight. Though yeah, we know what will happen but still.

tumblrlogvrkqkh21qlzsy8.gif

Hoping that there's better reception to this drama eventually.

Guest melvinn

Hello everyone!!! I'm Melvin, a new fan of this drama. I had enjoyed the drama so far and I think is great because i think their acting was quite good especially when Miko is drunk at the roof top i think she acts well. I'm very new to the casts except that I know Hikaru from Hey Say Jump so i need time to memorise it hehe :)

10% for the 1st episode is quite good for a drama hope it will do well in the upcoming episodes. I'm streaming ep 2 now but anyone had encounter that today episode is like about 30 mins late , Anyone had the same problem, don't know is it my connection or keyhole tv problem? Hopefully this drama will let me to continue to watch japanese dramas as I came back from a long hiatus from watching Korean dramas.

Lastly, nice to meet you all :)

Is that a guy who's ugly? He's not the most gorgeous person but he's werqin it!

If you open your mind to it, and think in terms of Japanese drama and culture, he's perfect for the role. I know the world hopes for more popular actors but Matsujun is already Domyouji. I'm not sure if people get me but Ikemen Desu Ne needs to have its own character to be more effective. It will just become parody like if it's a remake with popular actors though that would be entertaining.

Acting wise, to be honest, I actually enjoyed Taisuke's acting more than Yonghwa's. Don't get me wrong, I was a Shinwoo fangirl but Taisuke just gave the role more depth. He just didn't go wood stoic with his role and I felt lots of feelings from his expressions. He's sweeter, more caring and the effin concern for Mio just reaches my heart to no end.

I love how they're building the Mio-Shu relationship in this so the second lead's going to put up a fight. Though yeah, we know what will happen but still.

Hoping that there's better reception to this drama eventually.

Taisuke isn't your conventional handsome guy, but like Hikaru he's got all the right features, tall nose and deep-set eyes, which for me, makes him handsome! And I'm really enjoying his acting too, he really knows how to do the the "I care for you" expression. lol, sorry I don't know how to describe it. for me, he's very convincing as the "other" guy.

Hello everyone!!! I'm Melvin, a new fan of this drama. I had enjoyed the drama so far and I think is great because i think their acting was quite good especially when Miko is drunk at the roof top i think she acts well. I'm very new to the casts except that I know Hikaru from Hey Say Jump so i need time to memorise it hehe :)

10% for the 1st episode is quite good for a drama hope it will do well in the upcoming episodes. I'm streaming ep 2 now but anyone had encounter that today episode is like about 30 mins late , Anyone had the same problem, don't know is it my connection or keyhole tv problem? Hopefully this drama will let me to continue to watch japanese dramas as I came back from a long hiatus from watching Korean dramas.

Lastly, nice to meet you all :)

Let's continue to keep this thread alive!

I've been waiting for ep 2 the whole day, but I don't know how to stream it live, so I just keep refreshing tuduou.com hoping that some chinese fans will upload it quick. I want to cry!!!!

Guest melvinn

Let's continue to keep this thread alive!

I've been waiting for ep 2 the whole day, but I don't know how to stream it live, so I just keep refreshing tudou.com hoping that some chinese fans will upload it quick. I want to cry!!!!

Ep 2 had just ended till the part when console Mio, You can try using Keyhole tv and watch it,note that it will still buffer and the quality still ok, Maybe you can try dailymotion.com some users do upload the raw there.

Tudou banned my country :( For now i shall wait for chinese subs, hope it will release fast. :) After i watch the 1st 2 eps i certainly agree that i prefer Shuu acting than Shinwoo, i think you can say the acting have much more depth as compared to Shinwoo. About Ren hmm i think he does give me feeling of domyoji haha and of course i like his hair than Tae Kyung haha. I felt that Taisuke's appearance was all right definitely not to the extent of ugly!!! He may not stand out like yonghwa but for me, acting is my prority over appearance, if the show is filled with bad acting skills no matter with how many pretty faces and ikemens, i would probably will get sick of it and give up.

Btw Ren is quite cute n funny because in ep 2 he is scared of a frog and he fainted LOL

I'm gonna be really really really busy this week, but just came here to say that subs for ep 2 is out on darksurfsub.com

I don't really have much time, but everyone's acting. PERFECT! love this episode!!!!

Episode 2 is out

Raw Video: ourhour@lj 

Softsub: darksmurfsub

another fansub, Jump-in, is doing Ikemen desu ne in softsub and hardsub laugh.gif

thanks xiam for letting us know. :D

@DDuk

TBH, i don't know..but I would also like to know..they used some really nice BG :D

Sorry i waasn't helpful xD

@xiam

I think you got it wrong. The j-version isn't received well..They said it's a miscast and less appealing than the korean version. I agree that jdrama are usually more meaningful than kdrama.

@leechan

I also like the main girl. She's the prettiest among the 4 of them..lmao..She isn't too girly that's why i like her.

@rinka

I don't really find him that appealing but I think I need to see him act more to judge him. Hopefully he'll grow on me.Tamamori Yuta is the only one I find handsome in the three ikemen dramas. ohmy.gif

@melvinn

welcome to the thread! I've never tried watching in livestream xdd..Is it clear?

@chrissylee

Thank you for posting links <33 I can see LS :)

@summerdamsel

I'm still not impressed with his acting..actually with ren and shun..I like the manager's acting more than lmao xdd

but hopefully, they'll improve in the next episodes biggrin.gif

Some people in other sites are saying that it's too fast..lmao..I guess those people are not used to jdrama style..hopefully, we can have a better ending..I'm not a fan of kdrama pace, its so slooow @_@ 

Guest ♥~rinka~♥

Taisuke isn't your conventional handsome guy, but like Hikaru he's got all the right features, tall nose and deep-set eyes, which for me, makes him handsome! And I'm really enjoying his acting too, he really knows how to do the the "I care for you" expression. lol, sorry I don't know how to describe it. for me, he's very convincing as the "other" guy.

I thought Hikaru was a cute child but admittedly, I wasn't liking him that much when he was growing up. Though while watching the episode, I can see his handsome features and it's just his thin face and teeth that are amiss. Though of course his teeth are adorbs for other people. :)

Like I said, this is Taisuke's best role since he acted on Shimokita Sundays. Maybe it's because he's just a sweet person in real life. His role in Misaki No. 1 was too forced and so he looked funny and cringeworthy especially when he's getting mad. But this, I love his heartbreaking and jealous face OMG. I didn't think he had it in him to affect me that much.

THIS -> tumblr_lordpq2hqn1qbdqfbo4_250.gif equals asdfjhdksgnkajgd;agkjbdsfkjgjkasn;g

If I were given much freedom by the Hong Sisters with this adaptation, I'd give Shu the girl or at least let Mio be confused with her feelings.

Episode 2 is out

Raw Video: ourhour@lj 

Softsub: darksmurfsub

@rinka

I don't really find him that appealing but I think I need to see him act more to judge him. Hopefully he'll grow on me.Tamamori Yuta is the only one I find handsome in the three ikemen dramas. *quoted image*

Some people in other sites are saying that it's too fast..lmao..I guess those people are not used to jdrama style..hopefully, we can have a better ending..I'm not a fan of kdrama pace, its so slooow @_@ 

That was fast. Thanks!

I guess he's an acquired taste? But I really beg to differ him being ugly. If people are used so much to the Korean type of beauty then I'd compare him to Lee Sun Ho. He's like a korean hyung Taisuke never had. lol. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lee_Sun_Ho

There are a lot of Korean actors with Taisuke's features but I guess the difference is the tan. Maybe people aren't used to a Japanese being so tanned skin like that. :)

Guest melvinn

@melvinn

welcome to the thread! I've never tried watching in livestream xdd..Is it clear?

The quality was like LQ-MQ u will get buffer most of the time but at least it better than nothing haha :) Btw nice meeting u :)

Here is the link to ep 2 eng subs

Ep 2

Guest ichigo_no_powder

wow a remake already? i loved the original I hope this one will be good too. I'm not too enthusastic about the male cast so far

Archived