[ JDrama 2011] Ikemen Desu Ne

Sunney

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

Ikemen Desu ne Episode 11 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

IkemenDasuNe.jpg

Ikemen Desu ne 1-11 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2264-ikemen-desu-ne-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi! i decided to make this account to post about ikemen desu ne bc there seems to be interested ppl. i'm so sad it's over now, but there's still hope of a special!!

Thanks for sharing all those backstage tidbits. It's always fun to know how miori interacted with the JE boys.

Regarding miori's type...well, Tamamori is technically a little bit older...so there's still hope yet, and tama may surprisingly be the domineering type in real life relationships. :wub: or if not, Miori is still so young, I'm sure she'll have a change of heart one day...this is the consequence of getting too obsessed with a drama, you end up wishing that the leads date in real life.

kor/japanese anjell face off...haha, TK is too diva for Mio. In the JGS cameo, I wasn;t too thrilled about it tbh...Tama's Ren is very warm and loving which I only with with JGS toward the end of YB :wacko:

I think Mio and Jeremy would be cute though because they're both lively characters.

Guest Jacki771

kdwfan,

I'm glad that you brought up Hong sisters manga-ish story line of YAB

We discussed this matter in YAB thead before :)

Here is my 2cents :

I guess Hong sisters were fans of H.O.T , the legendary Korean boyband who established main music stream of Korea in 1980s .

I think Hong sisters' ages are around end of 1970s and beginning 1980s generation

H.O.T had their own Korean manga about them . As I remember, the summary of story line like this:

A  crazy fangirl wanted to join her idol boyband because she loved them so much. She disguised as a boy and did the audition for additional member . She won the audition and became a new, hot member of that famous boyband. She had always being bullied by the leader, and she had getting along with other members really well . One member was really a gay, but she felt in love with him . The leader felt in love with the girl ( disguised as a boy) and thought he was gay ( I might not remember exactly)

But finally she accepted the love from the leader . ....

In YAB threads, from times to times, we had some fans of H.O.T came in and criticized that why ANJELL members wore all white like H.O.T, why they were called angels, why their signature balloons were white  and etc . Because H.O.T's famous trademarks were white clothes, white balloons , and being called as angels .

Some of H.O.T fans were not happy about these coincidences and criticized Hong sisters about those .

My argument was Hong sisters might be fans of H.O.T and when they wrote the script, they included here and there H.O.T 's resemblances, and there were nothing wrong about those , just like many fangirls wrote fan-fics about a boyband they love .

Guest shinee335

kdwfan

thanks for that bts info~ XD so cute

i also wish miori and tama would date in real life but they really don't seem like each other's types T.T

but working together for so long might have changed that? lol maybe... we can hope ^^

i don't think jang geun suk necessarily struggled with his character. the hong sisters once said that his portrayal of taekyung was perfect.

it's because the characters ren and taekyung are actually really different. taekyung obviously liked minam but he was just too proud to admit it. and because YB was so much longer we could see long scenes of him fighting with his ego cuz he wanted to do something for her and settled on the fact that he was gonna do it... only because it was beneficial for him.

but because ikemen is so much shorter, they changed the character to cut out all these (boring >.<) scenes. which created ren, the tsudere, with a smaller ego and more displays of affection towards mio to pick up the pace and the development of their relationship.

i think both did amazing in their roles. jang geun suk is no doubt, better in terms of acting ability but tama got a ton of guidance, which really made him shine in this role. i was really surprised at how amazing he was, cuz i was really NOT impressed with his acting in gokusen. it looked too much like acting. but in ikemen, tama looks really natural as ren~ so it's kinda funny knowing that he's actually kind of a shy and awkward person =P

it's funny all the posts about miori and tama's chemistry onscreen, even on japanese websites there's speculation that they're dating, but from magazines and their golden cast appearance, it looks like they're not really each other's type. at least tama isn't miori's type :(. on golden cast she said her type is an older, "S"-type, ("S" meaning the more domineering one in the relationship). she mentioned preferring "S"s on her blog before as well. tama's too much of an "airhead" 天然 to be an "S" i think haha. but they do have aMAZing chemistry in the show, unlike the korean version. i liked that their  chemistry was both personality-based and physical - by physical i don't mean sexual necessarily, just they looked really comfortable w/ each other whenever they hugged/stood next to each other. maybe that's why ppl are speculating on their relationship, bc of that kind of chemistry.

Watching the Golden Cast appearance, I got a totally different impression from yours. To me, it looked like they both were pointedly aware of each other. Especially between 07:00 to 07:50 in the video. The two lead characters stood at the back while everyone else was talking. They stood so close that they were actually touching (or not, can't tell with LQ video) because his arm bumped her elbow when he wanted to fix his hair. I don't think they were even paying attention to the conversation because of the late reactions or lack thereof. What got me more perked up is what went on at 16:40. Boy immediately turned his head the other way when Miiichan was choosing who's closer to her ideal type. I dunno what to make of it but it made me go, "Hmm... interesting." And aww-ed because Tama is soooo shy.

Tama-chan may be a tennen/airhead but they both described each other as tennen anyway (you guys are too cute together so just date already). As for the ideal type, I don't think much of it. It could really be their ideal type but that's just it, an ideal. Half the times, I thought it's probably just to throw people off.

I'm seriously hoping for them to have another drama together. Directors, make it happen. They have such an insanely amazing chemistry that you couldn't even begin to explain why it's insanely amazing.

Guest kdwfan

replies already! with this much interest even overseas after the show ending, they have to do a special at least.

kor/japanese anjell face off...haha, TK is too diva for Mio.

haha true true.

My argument was Hong sisters might be fans of H.O.T and when they wrote the script, they included here and there H.O.T 's resemblances, and there were nothing wrong about those , just like many fangirls wrote fan-fics about a boyband they love .

interesting, i had no idea about HOT.

i don't think jang geun suk necessarily struggled with his character. the hong sisters once said that his portrayal of taekyung was perfect.  

it's because the characters ren and taekyung are actually really different. taekyung obviously liked minam but he was just too proud to admit it. and because YB was so much longer we could see long scenes of him fighting with his ego cuz he wanted to do something for her and settled on the fact that he was gonna do it... only because it was beneficial for him. 

that's a good point about the different length of the k vers, and taekyung valuing his pride more than ren. i think ren's prickliness might appeal to me more than taekyung's though ><

Watching the Golden Cast appearance, I got a totally different impression from yours. To me, it looked like they both were pointedly aware of each other.

I meant to say comfortable in the drama together - their promo appearances are a diff story for sure. The 9/12 coming soon when nakai is giving them things to fix is a good one to watch the timing of their laughter in response to each other. also, i just went back to find where i read about the boys pretending not to catch her, and it turns out it was just tamamori who pretended! very flirty, and suspicious. so i agree, there does seem to be a strong wordless energy connecting them, maybe as fellow airheads?haha.

this's where i read bts stuff, but it's in japanese, and there're no pics of the je boys.

http://www.tbs.co.jp...report/r19.html

"As Ren and Mio were getting ready to shoot Mio falling from the bench...

Staff: "Mio is really going to fall this time, so support her, alright?"

Tamamori-kun: "Okay!"

Miori-chan, who was practicing falling until the actual take, prepared herself, but Tamamori-kun suddenly makes as if to run away.

Miori-chan: "Hey! (crying). Catch me properly, okay~ (laughing)"

Tamamori-kun: "(Laughing)".

The three boys of A.N.Jell are always teasing and playing with Miori-chan."

そして、落ちてくる美男を下で待ち受ける廉も一緒に撮影していたのですが…

スタッフ「本当に美男は落ちてくるから、支えてあげてね!」

玉森くん「はい!」

そして、本番まで落ちる練習をしていた美織ちゃんですが、さっと避けるマネをする玉森くん。

美織ちゃん「ちょっと~(泣)。ちゃんと受け止めてよ~(笑)。」

玉森くん「(笑)。」

A.N.JELL男子3人はいつも美織ちゃんをからかって遊んでいるのでしたmark_age.gif

Guest Shiget^

Wow nice discussion!

anyways, I came here because there seems to be rips of the OST already and i heard um DVD is 6mins long the promise is a memorial scenes from the drama and then the performance of promise from the first episode one with mio and the other without mio, and then the Futari one is the one from ep 2 the one where they were wearing red, its longer than the one in the drama, so there are some scenes that you have seen there are scenes you have seen yet.

and i heard the OST is pretty good if you love the background music from the drama you'll really enjoy the CD ^^

(LINK REMOVED)

It makes me cry listening to the OST, I hope everyone would go out and buy the OST ^^ lets make it number 1 ne ^^

and I saw this

6fbd2cc5gw1dloufia1rrj.jpg

UEE the original NANA(Hei yi in YAB) holding the ANJELL CD ^^ Shes asking fans to get it on her me2day, was kinda weird because korean fans use me2day lol

I'm thinking maybe Avex or ikemen staff gave her this since Avex released the OST ^^

Its soo cute you guys are pimping them you know actually I think even the Ikemen staff pimp them too, Just by the way they describe their kissing scenes lol I think i remember in one coming soon performance Nakai san asked how was the kiss, were you nervous? and Miichan was like ehh nandeshou ka? (what was it like?) and Tamachan i dunno probably too giggly about it he laughed LMAO and then Miichan said she was nervous. and Miichan always giggles on her sweets scenes with Tamachan and tamachan would get mad lol

you know what actually the hong sisters mentioned that they can really picture this plot for the japanese, i think they said they were happy that the japanese people picked up their plot because they know japanese can totally pull off this story ^^ which is true lol

about the Drama Grand prix, no i think they'll be given certificate? because Johnnys are not allowed to accept awards, but this is good because it will be included on their credentials, probably more reason to give them Main character roles too? lol actually theres another Award giving body that we're waiting is Television Drama Academy Awards, which i think its more credible because its based on viewer vote, juries, and TV journalists. we cant vote because you need to be a reader of the magazine, lets hope they win some awards there ^^ i think results will be out within this month

Guest kdwfan

btw anyone who knows korean, did the original k-cast members ever say how they feel about the new portrayals in ikemen, besides jgs? thanks!

Guest miki_chan

Just watched the final yesterday night, overall I was really impressed with the cast despite many saying otherwise.

Really was an emotional ending!! Well done for those drama awards too :)

Guest sweetfantasy09

hey guys.. does anyone of you know where can i download of this drama with japanese subs? all i found are all english subs

Guest Shiget^

For those who are planning to buy the DVDbox like me:

Ikemen desu ne DVD 2hour special (Dec 7)

Bonus:

Production announcement@Shibuya AX promise debut release

Promise with Ren ver, Shu ver Yuuki ver (I'm thinking its solo angle shots meaning exp its all Ren in the video)

CM collection

the cover will be reversible

Ikemen desu ne DVDbox ep2-11

5 discs plus 1 for the bonus features

Bonus:

Special Making part 2

Interview collection

Ousama no Brunch interviews

All ANJELL coming soon guestings

VTR Collection

All Upload collection

Miss You Original Uncut version

Special: Original Directors Cut: Original Ending Final

Special token: Star shaped keychain mirror type back and forth (only available in limited edition set)

2 Hours Special Edition http://www.yesasia.com/global/ikemen-desune-2-hours-special-edition-japan-drama-dvd-japan-version/1025005172-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/aff/click.cgi/e86NDzbdSLQ/327/A993832/detailview.html?KEY=AVBF-49334

Complete DVD Set http://www.yesasia.com/global/ikemen-desune-complete-dvd-box-japan-tv-drama-dvd-japan-version/1025005171-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/aff/click.cgi/e86NDzbdSLQ/327/A993832/detailview.html?KEY=AVBF-49335

Guest Shiget^

another one!!

Number 1 Oricon Daily Album Charts:

no1a.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! 62K is impressive for first day!! considering its only OST, lets hope theyre number 1 for weekly too ^^

that's amazing news! I hope they can reach 100k++ and maintain number 1 for weekly, plus longevity in the charts would be good as well as it would mean that there are new fans even after the series has ended....

Guest Jacki771

Congrats! :w00t:

Today they sold more than 30K for anjell and OST albums

At TBS board, everyone is crazy about  anjell CDs, many say they love Miss you the best

The CDs and MV DVDs were out of stock at some stores in japan

And some Japanese ladies are trying to get extra ones for friends and families

It's a hot sale that I'm surprised and very happy for anjell casts and Ikemen desune staff .

Archived