[ JDrama 2011] Ikemen Desu Ne

Sunney

I watched this drama and subbed it to Spanish in viki so I was really happy with it, I like the story it was more complete I think it explain those little details that bothered me so much in YAB, I think that from episode 9-11 were the best episodes with the exception of the episode with JGS whom I adore and who killed me with his wink, adorable, that one ranks among the best for me but that is for different reasons. I didn't like two things though, one those ugly reporters and uglier manager my God where did they got that troll, another thing it seemed to be going back and forth or maybe because I knew the story but Ren telling her that she could like him and then he said almost the same thing in episode 10 as if he didn't said it before it bothered me but I am nit picking, I know, it is my biggest problem. Over all it was really good and the last scene that concert scene was so good I was so amaze by it. How did they fill up all that place? Extras or did they give away tickets? I don't know but I really loved it. and the ending it gave closing to YAB to me, that is the ending we wanted to see, not the one we had, Ikemen was full circle and for that I am thankful...

The "uglier manager/troll" is Yanagisawa Shingo, one of the most senior, respected comedians in Japan. And the concert scene was filmed after Kisumai's (Ren & Shu are members of the group) concert so the fans stayed to participate in the filming. They don't need extras or anything like that to fill the place.

I remember you from the comment section of a JGS soompi article. You said the Japanese A.N.JELL looks like a freak fest. I'm glad you took the time to watch it and like it but you always seem to be commenting on other people's looks.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, the links of the DVD Box on YesAsia is out.

2 Hours Special Edition http://www.yesasia.com/global/ikemen-desune-2-hours-special-edition-japan-drama-dvd-japan-version/1025005172-0-0-0-en/info.html

Complete DVD Set http://www.yesasia.com/global/ikemen-desune-complete-dvd-box-japan-tv-drama-dvd-japan-version/1025005171-0-0-0-en/info.html

The Complete DVD Box set is USD240.34 (19,000YEN)........... o_O

Good luck to those who really will buy..................>_<

lynnkk & Jacki771

i was quite surprised when i read it too they said they got it from ousama no brunch, so i guess they got confused O_O i dunno

and Yanaji-san (Mabuchi-san) isnt ugly >< I love Mabuchi-san he's super funny, He's super funny in interviews too you should watch their interviews he always makes shootings of ikemen desu ne fun.

Miichan just posted an entry yesterday, It was quite an emotional entry :( she said shes happy even tho she had a tight schedule, crying in every scene she said its worth it, she was able to handle it thanks to her cast and staff, these past 3 months she wont forget it, and she wants to thank everyone for watching, she said at first she kept reminding herself of the original drama but until the very end she kept it her own, she said shes happy that she had meet Miko and Mio, and she says she loves Ikemen desu ne! she said from now on she'll blog as Miori now, and her last BUTAUSAGI <3

her last blog reached 6700 comments wow aye

il try to translate their messages later, sorry i was out the whole day yesterday

Nostalgia-san! Thank you so much for subbing Ikemen!

Shiget

I'm so happy that our Mio is receiving so much love, and she deserves it to. I never even compared her to PSH because Mio really owned her character.

Ikemen desu ne is a really a pure and beautiful coming-of-age drama, that for some reason I never quite felt when I watched YB. It seemed like all the characters grew up and matured in front of our eyes with each episode. I'm sorry but the korean characters felt a bit detached from the essence of the story, the whole "pure" and "life-changing" experience that ikemen desu ne cast was able to portray perfectly. Even president-san was a changed person after meeting Miko.

Should I keep updating about them?

anyways, I heard Miichan recently went back to school, she stopped for Ikemen desu ne, On monday she already started school again, great for her ^^ I heard from people they thought she was a boy because of her short hair ^^

the boys, Taipi and tamachan are now busy with Kisumai, today their Stageplay started it will run up to Thursday, and they have lots of TV shows now theyre even regulars so theyre pretty busy ^^

Hikaru is busy with Hey Say JUMP of course he's been promoting their new single, they appeared on Coming Soon last monday and Nakai-san even mentioned a bit of ANJELL there ^^

also the ANJELL with Music Collection will be released next week, by this weekend we will get hold of previews of the songs and inside the CD and DVD ^^

Guest shinee335

shiget

yes please keep updating!! ^^

i doubt most people here are over their ikemen phases even though the drama is over =P

and thanks for all the previous updates and translations~

btw, when you say "school" do you mean that miori is in university? =O

Should I keep updating about them?

YES! Is Miichan in university? Attagirl. She's slowly climbing up my J-actress biases. Love her!

And I'm happy to see Kisumai in variety soon. Two new shows is quite a feat. Omedetou, Kisumai!

also the ANJELL with Music Collection will be released next week, by this weekend we will get hold of previews of the songs and inside the CD and DVD ^^

I'm kinda hoping that they'd shoot a PV of any song from the CD. If Johnny's can do it for Shuji to Akira, why not A.N.JELL right? *fingers crossed*

Yes, school meaning university, I dont know what shes taking up tho ^^

Ikemen casts offcam, these are some stuffs i read or watched from their videos not sure if Ive had shared:

-Tamachan despite him being the cool and tsudere Ren, in real life he's quite the opposite, Miichan says sometimes Tamachan would sequel like a girl in high tone voice lol and among the members he's the one being bullied lol in his interview in ousama no brunch he told Hikaru, Miori, president ando and mabuchi to stop bullying him on set lol

-ANJELL during breaks They play around like kids on the set, one of the navi, Hikaru was pretending to be bartender and mixing drinks, Miichan asks if who is the master between Hikaru and Tamachan, Taipi replied, Hikaru is the master and the other (Tamachan) he is still a part timer lol. sometimes they would invade other drama's set and play around, in Hikaru's Hanamaru interview they played in one set and pretended they were shooting a detective drama lol

-Tamachan says Miichan is out of this world lol when he talks to her (like only the two of them) sometimes her topics are not connected lol

-Taipi is the big brother of the group, he guides all of the 3, president ando says he likes the leader, he helps out Tamachan too.

-We all know Tamachan doesnt have the best voice, but he had vocal training while doing Ikemen desu ne, and he did improved eg Miss You

-All of them were taught how to play their instruments, In real life Tamachan knew how to play the drums, Hikaru guitar and bass, Taipi knew guitar, but here its all mixed up exp for Taipi, they were taught how to play their instruments for Futari and Promise and they even have band rehearsals, thats why if you watch their coming soon performance its quite accurate exp for the chords but how to strum and all yeah.

-Tamachan would randomly catch bugs >< I think you'll see alot of pictures of him catching playing with them lol

-Tamachan taught Miichan how to dance Everybody Go! lol (Miichan can dance btw)

-ANJELL are sometimes being called by their characters even offcam.

Yes, school meaning university, I dont know what shes taking up tho ^^

Ikemen casts offcam, these are some stuffs i read or watched from their videos not sure if Ive had shared:

-Tamachan despite him being the cool and tsudere Ren, in real life he's quite the opposite, Miichan says sometimes Tamachan would sequel like a girl in high tone voice lol and among the members he's the one being bullied lol in his interview in ousama no brunch he told Hikaru, Miori, president ando and mabuchi to stop bullying him on set lol

-ANJELL during breaks They play around like kids on the set, one of the navi, Hikaru was pretending to be bartender and mixing drinks, Miichan asks if who is the master between Hikaru and Tamachan, Taipi replied, Hikaru is the master and the other (Tamachan) he is still a part timer lol. sometimes they would invade other drama's set and play around, in Hikaru's Hanamaru interview they played in one set and pretended they were shooting a detective drama lol

-Tamachan says Miichan is out of this world lol when he talks to her (like only the two of them) sometimes her topics are not connected lol

-Taipi is the big brother of the group, he guides all of the 3, president ando says he likes the leader, he helps out Tamachan too.

-We all know Tamachan doesnt have the best voice, but he had vocal training while doing Ikemen desu ne, and he did improved eg Miss You

-All of them were taught how to play their instruments, In real life Tamachan knew how to play the drums, Hikaru guitar and bass, Taipi knew guitar, but here its all mixed up exp for Taipi, they were taught how to play their instruments for Futari and Promise and they even have band rehearsals, thats why if you watch their coming soon performance its quite accurate exp for the chords but how to strum and all yeah.

-Tamachan would randomly catch bugs >< I think you'll see alot of pictures of him catching playing with them lol

-Tamachan taught Miichan how to dance Everybody Go! lol (Miichan can dance btw)

-ANJELL are sometimes being called by their characters even offcam.

Shiget, if ever you still have extra time, please translate more! I was smiling like an idiot while reading the accounts. Miichan is really the only JE girl that I'll ever approve of, lol and I'm glad she's not shy aroung the boys at all and that she plays around with them too. Poor tama-chan, though he does look like the bully-bait type even if you've only seen him for the first time.

I guess the reason why I never really shipped Mio and Shu(even though Taipi is hawt) is because he always had the big brother feel.lol. but miichan and tamachan look like two innocent teenagers.

Anyway, goodluck to her studies!

EDIT

OmG1 18 users are reading this topic! please share your goodies with us! especially those who can understand Japanese!

hi, all

I have reuploaded quite a lot of past ikemen desu ne promotional clips to facebook alrdy. U all can go check it out if u want to, some are from tudou/ youku which are not available at utube.

My link

And all coming soon performances i have reuploaded to below fb: Btw, most of the coming soon performances I uploaded comes with chinese subs

My link

our fb page also got many lovely pics which all these while we take lots of time to dig.

My link

Dwango.jp Daily Chaku-uta ranking:

1. Miss You

2. Promise

3. Alone

4. Futari

6. Everybody Go

http://pc.dwango.jp/index.php/m/info/a/daily_ranking_uta

Chaku-Uta is ringing tone, and recently dwango tie up with ikemen desu ne and released a CM and ringing tones for the ANJELL last Sept 21.

Theres a rumour going on that Hikaru and the rest of Hey Say JUMP is in Vegas now as we speak, they left Japan Sept 26, so theyre there a day and half already, i dont know if its true or not but someone spotted them in Japan and their flight was going to LAX, they said they'll be in Vegas for a Magazine photoshoot, so anyone from Vegas keep a look out XD

Miichan's jimusho announced there will be a Teppan special, Teppan is the first lead drama that Miichan did early this year, and according to her office Miichan will start shooting Oct. 3.

5 days til the ANJELL CD ^^

Guest Jacki771

Shiget,

Thanks for offcam account, it is fun to read , haahha , poor baby Tama :lol:

Darn it! I checked out the pre order of complete DVD set on Yesasia, they said it is completed but the Japanese words underneath said that it included only episodes 2 -11, no episode 1. And there are no english sub!

I guess I'll wait for another version of DVD set .:(

Guest Shiget^

GUYS!!!!!! GOOD NEWS!!! remember the Nikkan Sports i told you guys to vote well its results are out today!!!

nikkansports.jpg

2011 Summer Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix:

Best Drama: Ikemen desu ne

Best Actor: Tamamori Yuta

Best Actress: Takimoto Miori

Best Supporting Actress: Kojima Haruna

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CAST AND CREW!!!!

Guest kdwfan

hi! i decided to make this account to post about ikemen desu ne bc there seems to be interested ppl. i'm so sad it's over now, but there's still hope of a special!!

to add to random stuff about the backstage atmosphere, i read somewhere the je boys were pulling pranks on miori too. like, when they were about to start singing in rehearsal, the three guys stopped and let her start singing by herself, or pretending not to catch her during the drunk rooftop scene, hehe. from what i've read it sounds like they liked teasing her bc of her earnestness as an actress and bc she's younger. 

it's funny all the posts about miori and tama's onscreen chemistry, even on japanese websites there's speculation that they're dating, but from magazines and their golden cast appearance, it looks like they're not really each other's type. at least tama isn't miori's type :(. on golden cast she said her type is an older man (surprising), "S"-type, ("S" meaning the more domineering one in the relationship). she mentioned preferring "S"s on her blog before as well. tama's too much of an "airhead" 天然 to be an "S" i think haha. but they do have aMAZing chemistry in the show, more so than the korean version. i liked that their  chemistry was both personality-based and physical - by physical i don't mean sexual necessarily, just they looked really comfortable w/ each other whenever they hugged/stood next to each other. maybe that's why ppl are speculating on their relationship, bc of that kind of chemistry. 

question for other ppl about the original yab: (sorry it's looooong i tried to make it interesting :P)

yab really struck me as japanese-manga-inspired, like the hong sisters decided to try writing an anime-adaption BOF-style. does anyone else agree? it reminded me of ouran high school host club bc i thought park shin hye would be perfect as haruhi. also, the crossdressing, the reverse harem, tsundere-parental-issues-main-guy and cool-quiet-second-guy and comic-relief-third-guy, etc...when everyone was criticizing the japanese for remaking something korean, it was like, hello, it practically is like a japanese show already? the characters suddenly made more sense with the japanese performances. i think jang geun suk struggled w/ trying to be tsundere. his version was unbalanced (too "tsun tsun", or harsh, arrogant) and i didn't feel he had feelings for mi nam, whereas tamamori's take on ren was natural and empathic. i thought he did a lot better in mary stayed out all night, where he was still a music star but the character was more reasonable. i guess my point is, is it just bc i'm not used to korean dramas and acting that i'm not drawn to tae kyung? i like other kdramas like secret garden, but i didnt feel anything for yab besides the music.

anyways, sorry to fans of the original, i didn't come here to criticize the show, i just wanted to see what other people thought about what struck me as what was better done in the j-vers. 

btw, does anyone else wonder what kind of chemistry the korean/japanese a.n.jell would have w/ each other? judging from the korean fans' reaction to the j-ikemen, i think go mi nam would be not starstruck by japanese a.n.jell, but miori's mio and tae-kyung facing off might be interesting... however i think mio would be too independent for shin woo, who seemed to like mi nam when she was in trouble or helpless. jeremy and mio pairing would be iffy too, but i'm not sure why.

whew that was long-winded!

what do u guys think?

Archived