Envyderm, Revitalash, Idol Lash, Latisse...any testimonials?

Guest TechnoFibre

Guest TechnoFibre

How do these eyelash serums stack up?
Hey all,

Has anyone actually used any of these products with good results?

Some of these products seem very questionable and the reviews look fake, so I want to come here to see if anyone has actually tried these.

Guest highfructose

i work at an ophthalmology clinic as an optical assistant and my boss uses latisse. she volunteered to be the test case a while back and she really likes latisse. her lashes are very long and she always gets compliments on them. she is very satisfied with the results, and has cut back on using latisse since she has found the perfect length.

I use RapidLash.

It works. I can see the difference after 2 months of using it everyday.

The bad things about these eyelash enhancer, it makes your eyelid skin slightly darker. It's not noticeable, only when I see my eyes closeup.

It also makes the facial hair on the bottom corner my eyes longer too LOL. I guess It happens because the product got transferred from my eyelashes to that area of my face when I blink or close my eyes. My friend uses the generic version of Latisse, I forgot the name, it's also happened to her facial hair too.

Guest milkychew

all i've heard on soompi is that they make your eyelashes fall out more often? otherwise i've also heard that they generally work :)

Guest silvier

i have only tried a brand called zino from sasa and latisse. Zino is applied like a mascara whereas latisse is applied directly to the eyelid. Zino did improve my lashes but it was not dramatic and it took a very long time..

I have just finished my first bottle of latisse and my lashes are muchhhh longer now (almost double in length). i still need to use mascara to make them thicker but since my original lashes were pretty much nonexistent im pleased with the results. i could barely curl my original lashes.

however, one positive of zino is that it did not discolour my skin. Latisse made my upper eyelid, where i applied the serum, darker.

Guest mudkip

I'm from Australia and I use cpRx Lash Prescription. I've never worn make-up, so forgive me if I can't describe it well LOL but basically what I do is every morning and night after I wash my face, I twist the bottom so that it clicks once, close my eye, and stick the applicator a few millimetres in. I then run it along the base of the lashes on the lid, and repeat for the other eye. With what's left, I use on the base of my bottom lashes.

I've been using it for a few months now, but after a week or so, I already noticed a difference :D The lady at the counter said that what the thing does is it prevents the eyelashes from falling out, which is why the lashes are much longer and thicker. I don't have any before and after photos, but it really does work :3 Nowadays, the occasional lash that falls out is at least 1cm long, no joke. In addition, it made my lashes so much thicker. Basically, my lashes look fake now HAHA

And also, I know it seems expensive but I'm still on my first one, so a little really does go a long way (:

I think a good number of them work, yeah. I've not tried one, as I really don't care about my eyelashes, but one of the bloggers I follow did a review on a lash serum.

Link.

You might see her around on Soompi-- in this forum, even. I think her Soompi username is 'funkermanfan'. Anyway, here's one of the Before & After pics from her blog. :]

PROGRESS+PHOTO+no+makeup.jpg

Guest TechnoFibre

thanks for the stories highfructose and bunnylicious

and thanks for the link Miz Valeer

i have done quite a bit of research and it does seem like those are some of the side effects of latisse/lumigan/careprost (they have the same active ingredient I believe)

it also seems that idol lash is a scam, or it doesn't work as well as it would appear to based on reviews from this one website

has anyone tried Envyderm? i bought some on Amazon yesterday. it got excellent reviews, seems legit with no side effects, and I am excited to try it :)

Guest candylove.

i would never pay100 dollars for latisse. but i bought this like waay cheaper version of latisse called careprost and it worked REALLLY well! and it only cost like 10 dollars. It made my lashes almost twice as long as they were before, and i didn't get any side effects. but the only thing is, if you stop using it, they will go back to its original length.

Guest bbaumgul

I just saw your thread and took some pictures right now... so I don't have the before shots, sorry.

However I had VERY Asian lashes (you know the drill). Using careprost has honestly improved its original condition.

One coat of mascara:

mascaras.jpg

No makeup:

nomakeups.jpg

It was supposed to be looking up shot, but I took the picture at a weird angle, so it's not directly below the plane of the lashes, therefore they look shorter, fail.

lookingups.jpg

What I noticed:

I have lashes of varying lengths, it is pretty noticeable.

The process was pretty slow, took more than a month to see results.

I did get little rashes and dry patches at the corner of my eyes. Don't know for certain if it's direct result of using careprost, but I've never had them before, so I'm assuming that it is due to careprost.

The lashes haven't really been falling out yet, because I used it very sparsely; I only swipe a bit on once every two or three nights.

edit:

Oh, I paid 22 pounds per bottle. One bottle lasted me 4 months (even though it's really supposed to be for 1 month, keep it clean and keep it cool.)

edit2:

Forgot to mention, I stopped using it a month ago... so this is like, an after after review, lol.

Guest Vivii

i've been using rapidlash everyday and it really works for me! i get compliment all the time asking if im wearing fake lashes!! :rolleyes:

Guest mopwns

Hey guys!

This isn't my opinion on an eyelash serum, but I unknowingly got my lashes to grow...

Sometime last year, I bought Bio-Oil to get rid of scars on my face and I'm kinda of lazy so I never really applied it as often as I should of. I also use waterproof mascara so removing it is a pain the butt. I decided to use my Bio-Oil that was just sitting around as an eye-makeup remover.

One day my sister pointed out that my lashes appeared to have grown significantly. I thought I was just lucky, but then I did some thinking and I realized it was the bottle of Bio Oil that made my lashes grow.

So if you have some Bio-Oil or Vitamin E oil, maybe you could try that!

Guest sweet/nothing

Actually I would very glady like to try the Careprost stuff. But everywhere i looked online does not provide shipping to Canada. Which sucks because i asked one of them and they said it was due to customs. Anybody here might be able to help me? That would be great because i have non existant lashes. boo.

Guest TechnoFibre

I got my Envyderm :D

Super excited! I used it for one night and it seems my lashes grew already, but maybe it's in my head haha

Guest c.v.b

I use RapidLash.

It works. I can see the difference after 2 months of using it everyday.

The bad things about these eyelash enhancer, it makes your eyelid skin slightly darker. It's not noticeable, only when I see my eyes closeup.

It also makes the facial hair on the bottom corner my eyes longer too LOL. I guess It happens because the product got transferred from my eyelashes to that area of my face when I blink or close my eyes. My friend uses the generic version of Latisse, I forgot the name, it's also happened to her facial hair too.

I also am a avid use of RapidLash I cant speak for the anyone else, but to me it is the BEST! I use it everyday apply it on both my upper and lower lashes, and i saw results starting to happen within 2 months. A lot of people are scepticle about these Lash enhancers because of 2 reasons:

1) they are confused about the period of time in which they should be able to see result. There's a fine line between magic and reality! RapidLash claims to work in about 4weeks, but personally for me i didn't notice anything till about 7 weeks into using it. Its a long and slow process. A lot of people just want instant result, in my opinion if that is you, then go get eyelash extension.

2) They are confused about the application. A lot think that you coat or drown your lashes in these serum, and usually the thickness of the serum would enhance volume and length when you apply mascara. But majority of serums that i've tried, you only apply it to the lash line.

Guest jjin36

I work in a doctor's office. My co-worker got a free sample of Latisse and she liked it so much, she ended up purchasing the product

Guest meilove

idk if this would help anyone but i work at ulta & from what i see... a lot of ppl buy revitalash & rapid lash.....not sure if it works ..just that ppl tend to buy them lol

Archived