[Drama 2011] Protect the Boss 보스를 지켜라

Guest gems

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dedicating my very first soompi post to this drama!

It's great that Jaejoong chose to k-drama debut with a romcom =D ! I love him in Heaven's Postman and I love serious shows, but it's nice for him to start off with a light-hearted drama and then move onto weighty stories later =)

Everything so far from the cast (Jisung especially! <3), production team (A Story, which produced Cinderella's Sister and My Princess), and synopsis seem to be great. I'm so looking forward to watching this show ^__^ !!!

Can't wait to see the poster, teaser, and the press conference ^0^

Guest wing834

yay!! i love the 2 male leads, jaejoong and jisung :D they make the hottest cousins ever xD

i wonder how the relationships will play out, so far its seems that it will be jisung-choi kang hee-jaejoong, wonder where ji hye will fit in~

ive been waiting so long for a jaejoong drama, and finally its here! but kinda sad that it looks like jaejoong won't b getting the girl (choi kang hee)... lol xD

Guest NewHeart

[NEWS] Jaejoong’s Thoughts and Plans on Appearing on “Protect the Boss” (New Title)

Posted on June 24, 2011 by jyj3

Kim Jaejoong, “I am happy to have met with great actors.” Thoughts on appearing in Protect the Boss.

protectboss01.jpg

JYJ Kim Jaejoong relayed his thoughts regarding his first appearance in a domestic drama.

Kim Jaejoong will appear in the new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama Protect the Boss that will air as the follow up to City Hunter on August 3. Kim jaejoong plays the role of Cha Muwon, the “Prince of the Financial World” equipped with enormous abilities. He will collaborate with Jisung, Choi Kanghee, and Wang Jihye.

Kim Jaejoong has shown a good performance in the popular drama Sunao Ni Narenakute that was aired in Japan’s Fuji TV last year with Japanese star actors such as Ueno Juri and Eita. Jaejoong will challenge himself for the first time at the domestic drama scene with Protect the Boss.

Kim Jaeoong revealed: “I am happy to have met with great actors and directing team. It seems that it will be a pleasant and bright drama. I plan to dedicate myself to preparing for the drama after finishing the World Tour Encore Concert.”

Kim Jaejoong’s agency C-JeS Entertainment revealed: “Kim Jaejoong has been awarded the Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix Supporting Actor Award in 2010 through last year’s drama Sunao Ni Narenakute. With such experience, he will gift the viewers with solid acting.”

[On the other hand,] the title of the new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama has been finalized as Protect the Boss. On the 24th, SBS revealed that “the title of the drama that will be aired as the follow-up to City Hunter has been finalized as Protect the Boss.”

This drama was originally referred to by the working title of The Last Secretary because it was to paint the love story between a female secretary and her superior. Recently it became known as the working title The Boss Has Changed. The production team has finalized the title as Protect the Boss and now has become able to dedicate itself to preparing for the drama.

Currently the actors Choi Kanghee, Jisung, Wang Jihye, and Kim Jaejoong of the group JYJ have been cast as leads. It is planned that the first reading of the script will take place soon.

Article compiled from: MyDaily; MyDaily

Translation Credit: JYJ3

Guest trigg

Hi,

thanks New heart for the article. I'm so glad to watch Jisung's new drama (even though i have to wait until august to watch it :phew: ). I like his smile and of course his acting to much.  :wub: I don't know so much about other cast except Choi Kang Hee. I just  watched her movie "My Love"   and her acting in there not bad. I hope all of them acting well so that  the series attracts so many viewer and will be watched.

Edit: Actually i don't like rom-com or dramas about love stories but if Jisung in it I will watch every kind of the dramas.blush.gif

Guest choliese

i'm gonna be stalking this thread, thanks for making this ^^

very excited for JJ's k-drama debut, we've been waiting for a long time!

and the rest of the senior casts sounds promising

Guest flyaway.

where's ha ji won. didn't last news said that JJ will play a drama with jang dong gun and ji won?

That is actually a different drama. The one rumored to star Ha Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun, and Jaejoong is titled Hanbando, a rather big budget production. Unfortunately though, it appears to have been pushed back. Also, the cast has never been officially confirmed.

I will definitely be keeping tabs on this drama, as it is Jaejoong's debut into the K-drama scene. He did well in Heaven's Postman and Sunao Ni Narenakute; I believe he will continue to improve himself and surprise viewers in the future.

And although I am not too familiar with the other cast members (I'm not too big on dramas), I am looking forward to their performance as well, since I've heard quite the praises.

I hope we'll get to see some filming photos soon~

Guest elveskold

Thanks u gems for making this thread.

As a Jaejoong's fan I am so excited for this drama. I hope August come faster ^^

Guest wing834

there r rumours that jaejoong dyed his hair black~ i wonder what his style would be in this drama~

just saw the character chart on the first page~ and wow, its messy lol~ the relationships r all over the place, so complicated!! lol xD its like a love pentagon with jaejoong-kanghee-jisung-jihye-heewon ~

Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Hii for everyone !!!

1st at all Domo Arigatou for Gems chan♥ which made this Thread so lovable for Us!

So nice to see all JeJung♥´s Girls so excited here :w00t: !!!

I can´t hide my feelings I am supa happy for him and

I´d like to say hello for all JiSung´s ,Choi Kanghee´s, Wang Jihye´s fans too

I hope we can be friends here and why not to laugh a lot too !

I´d Like JeJung´s♥ char would be a Evil/funny Char :lol: ne ne ne :w00t: ?

Who knows? :phew:

Ah ne just to celebrate I made something for Us

[FANARTS]110625

THE BOSS HAS CHANGED FANARTS

670Fn.jpg

o63pK.jpg

cREDITS:SayuriJaeJoong@TvxqPowerfulGods日本FanBlog

[TRANS] 110624

Kim Jaejoong Is Happy To Act In “The Boss Has Changed”

Kim Jaejoong Is Happy To Act In “The Boss Has Changed”

This will be the first time JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong would be participating in a Korean local drama series.

On the 24th this month, his agency confirmed that Kim Jaejoong would be acting in the SBS drama series “The Boss Has Changed”, to be broadcasted on 3 August.

Kim Jaejoong would be taking on the character of competent “Prince of Finance World” Cha Mu Heon, and would be starring together with Ji Sung, Choi Gang Hee and Wang Ji Hye.

His agency announced, “ Kim Jaejoong would be acting in ‘The Boss Has Changed’. Previously, his role in Japan FujiTV's drama “Sunao Ni Narenakute”, was awarded Best supporting actor in last year’s Nikkan Sports Drama Grand Prix. This time round, he would be displaying his good acting skills to the audience.”

Kim Jaejoong will be making his debut appearance in the Korean film industry through this drama series. Together with his co stars in "Sunao Ni Narenakute", Ueno Juri and Eita, he had received much compliments for their acting.

Through his agency, Kim Jaejoong expressed, “ I'm glad to be able to meet such a good filming crew and actors. This drama series would be a really relaxing one, and I’ll start preparing right away for the filming after the end of our JYJ World Tour Concert.”

In addition, JYJ would be holding the “2011 JYJ World Tour Concert-Encore” in Gwangju on 26 June.

Source: [baidujyj]

Translation credits: smallricee@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

Guest KQI88

This drama looks good specially because Lee Hee-Jin will be on it, even thought it got to be a small role like in The Greatest Love but i became her fan after that ^^

And the sinopse of this rivalry between office people may lead to some funny moments i believe, i will make sure to watch it ^^

Guest NewHeart

[NEWS] Actress Lee Heewon Cast as Jaejoong’s Perfectionist Secretary with Feelings for Him

Posted on June 24, 2011 by jyj3 Rookie Lee Heewon, Transforms into the Secretary of JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong. “Protect Kim Jaeojong, the Boss.”

leeheewon.jpg

The Rookie actress Lee Heewon will transform into the secretary of Kim Jaejoong. The new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama Protect the Boss cast Lee Heewon as Yang Hayoung, the perfectionist secretary to Cha Muwon (Kim Jaejoong) who is the cousin and the rival of Cha Jihun (Jisung).

Yang Hayoung has the best of credentials, having graduated from a top university of Korea and being fluent in four languages. Furthermore, she updates herself on the business administration in general and is acknowledged in her abilities, becoming the object of envy of all (other) secretaries. In particular, she prepares refreshments for her boss at the speed of light and carries in her bag all items necessary for her work— a thorough person from beginning to end.

In the drama, she is an elite secretary who aids her boss Cha Muwon overtake the “lineal descendant” Cha Jihun and survive the successor game both materially and emotionally. She is the true wielder of influence in the Secretary Department and is a sunbae that Noh Eunsul admires. But she is also someone with a proud and cold attitude to make Eunsul’s work life tough.

She is guarding against Cha Jihun and Noh Eunsul who stand in Cha Muwon’s way and is harboring secret feelings for Cha Muwon.

Lee Heewon, who is returning to the drama scene after a long time since the drama Take Care of the Young Lady, revealed her thoughts: “As a beginner, I am happy to have been cast in a great work. I will do my best in the mindset that I am starting everything anew, and will show a good performance to the viewers.”

On the other hand, Protect the Boss is being aired as the follow-up to City Hunter. It is a romantic comedy that portrays the events that occur after the heroine who had been suffering from lack of work is hired as a dispatch secretary after much twists and turns to serve the male lead who is a delinquent superior to a mega-corporation. It will air starting August 3.

Source: Newsen

Translation Credit: JYJ3

Guest wing834

[NEWS] Actress Lee Heewon Cast as Jaejoong’s Perfectionist Secretary with Feelings for Him

Posted on June 24, 2011 by jyj3 Rookie Lee Heewon, Transforms into the Secretary of JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong. “Protect Kim Jaeojong, the Boss.”

cool, heewon's role seems pretty interesting!! i love how the women in this series is quite smart, tough and professional (if that makes sense)~ from the info released so far, im kinda rooting for the jaejoong-heewon couple ^^

more and more info r coming out, and its making me even more excited for this drama~! wonder when the first script reading session is...

Guest kawaiiyuki

The first time i saw JS was in the drama ALL IN as the second lead and then i watched most of his dramas afterward. This will be his first rom com in a while right? I'm really looking forward to this cause i've never seen him in a rom com and i'm interested in the plot too. I can't wait!

Archived