[Drama 2011] Hooray For Love 애정만만세

Guest conduongmuathu

I just recently started watching this and now it's currently my favorite weekend drama. I love the JM/DW couple. They are very cute together, and I'm glad he finally quit calling her ahjumma. For a playboy, he really has a lot to learn about women and relationships.

I'm also loving the little girl, her dad, and the aunt. Cute, cute cute! Honestly, I'm not that crazy about the aunt, but the father/daughter combo is so adorable I'd probably love who ever they put with them.

As for the ex and his pregnant wife, I'm only watching them to see him find out he's been played for a fool. 

DW's parents crack me up, except when his mom is gettin all up in her daughter's business and interfering in her marriage. Geesh, how old is JR now? She needs to grow up.

Don't even get me started on JM's parents story line! wacko.gif The dad is a weak and pathetic man. I like the actor that plays him, but this character is the worst! You can call it friendship all you want to, but when you're lying to your wife to sneak off and see your ex, that ain't friendship...that's cheating. He's lets himself be henpecked by his MIL, and he's so passive-aggressive with his wife, he makes me bonkers. Honestly, I FF through a lot of the DH/JH scenes.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tiki_sg, if it turns out that way, at least BDW is not CP's son after all...so they can get married in the end without any complications (i.e.- family relationships).

I feel that it'd be very very painful the watch the succeeding episodes specially when JM,DW finds out about her dad/JR/JH relationship. Sigh.

I fast play JH/HD scenes too. It's too painful to watch.

tiki_sg, if it turns out that way, at least BDW is not CP's son after all...so they can get married in the end without any complications (i.e.- family relationships).

hahaha, that was the exact thot I had when SP first mentioned about her mistake . . . meaning that there wouldn't be a direct family link to JR albeit to KHD. But now if he really is the child who was 'picked up', then it is even better, meaning there isn't any blood ties between BDW & BJR at all.

I tend to watch live, and it is usually during the KHD/OJH moments that I do my "multi-tasking" . . . and just have it run in the background.

Every time I see the shot of roof-top 'playground' of NDR's, it just sets me back into the Happy Mood zone . .

BTW, welcome aboard nauna

Edit

Welcome to katie_18 too.

I am glad that more new nicks have been popping by, esp since last weekend . . .

♔~~♔~~♔~~♔~~♔~~♔~~♔~~♔~~♔~~♔

2011-09-21 Behind the Scenes

(Credits : MBC)

lovecheer_photo110921143444imbcdrama1.jpg

lovecheer_photo110921143549imbcdrama0.jpg

lovecheer_photo110921150002imbcdrama0.jpg

lovecheer_photo110921150002imbcdrama1.jpg

lovecheer_photo110921144639imbcdrama0.jpg

lovecheer_photo110921145439imbcdrama0.jpg

lovecheer_photo110921145459imbcdrama0.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Credits : twitter/dcinside / re-upload : tiki_sg

Please do not hotlink

20110921.jpg

2011-09-21 LTS posted on his Twitter

Guest katie_18

This drama quickly made its way to the top five of my list of favorites. This is my current drama and I love it so much! I love JM and DW relationship. his character is improving, slowly but surely. her character has gotten better as well. i think they are good for each other. I hate the fact that they are always fighting in like every episode. they always find something to fight about. 

HD and JH, they need to set things straight with each other and everyone else. If all they want is to be friends, then he should just try to talk to his family about it. If what they want is more, then they need to break it off. He seems pretty miserable in his marriage right now, and what he is doing with his ex-wife is only making it worse. 

JS and HS, this whole thing with them is messed up! I wish both of them along with her brother had just been thrown in jail. I really hope the baby isn't his, just to see him totally fall apart. he would definitely deserve it, and she would deserve it if he left her. That would make me happy. 

CP is hilarious! i love her random short english! it is so funny, i can't help but imitate her whenever she does it!

Da Reum is so adorable! I just want to squeeze her, she is so adorable! I want to pinch her little cheeks! she has the cutest voice ever.

There are so many different characters in this show, and the way they all interconnect is confusing! i was explaining the plot and characters to my friend the other day and she was so lost! I have been creeping on this thread for some time, and thought i would add my two cents! 

tiki_sg,  Aw, thanks for the welcome! Thanks for the recaps too. I read 'em all!

CP's english is hilarious, and I don't even have to rewind in order to understand her! At least she uses a variety of phrases, and doesn't repeat the same phrase over and over, unlike another character in a drama I ended up dropping. *cough* The Manny *cough*.

Me too I fell in love with Dong Woo....I've watched LTS's previous dramas but he never got me. This time I fell hard for this guy, his performance in HFL is amazing, his acting or portraying Byeon Dong Woo the playboy lawyer is convincing. And now that I'm into him, I've been searching high and low on the net for his dramas, movies and other stuff....

what I dont understand is what makes you think that the marriage between the 2 is not possible it might be awkward or maybe not favourable I am not sure of how koreans think of matches like that they tend to be strict with marriage between relatives but JM and DW are not related he is the uncle of her half sister and she is the daughter of his brother in law from a previous marriage so they are nothing to each other the connection is through her father's marriage so if the match between the 2 is unacceptable or unfavourable it could only be so by ending the the other marraige so it has nothing to do wiTH DWs birth mother that the way I see it

and so dad and mom will be saying goodbye but its too late now that the damage is done and JR won't let this go and whatever she will do to the mom will only make it harder for the to be together

what I dont understand is what makes you think that the marriage between the 2 is not possible .... the connection is through her father's marriage so if the match between the 2 is unacceptable or unfavourable it could only be so by ending the the other marraige so it has nothing to do wiTH DWs birth mother that the way I see it

Let me take a wild stab at this . . .

In Western cultures, it is perfectly fine as long as there isn't any direct blood-related issues involved between the key players in the relationship.

However, in Eastern cultures, especially the very traditional ones (like what we may see in K-drama), a marriage is not only between 2 people. The marriage involves the whole family and background (not referring to financial background). Fact is there is a connection, in the family sense & indirect blood-related sense between BDW & KJM. The connection being Se-ra . . .

If BDW really is a child whom CP & BCN 'adopted' then it wipes out BDW and Se-Ra blood-related issue.

I don't think ending KHD-BJR marriage will help 'improve' the situation for BDW-KJM bcos the fact is there already is a past history of connection. Unlike Western thinking that once the marriage is off, everything else is cancelled off . . .

(Note : not dissing any particular culture but just a simple generalisation with the simplified Black & White scenarios in TVLand. Life is full of grey areas, as we all know it . . . kekeke)

Anyway, I doubt the PD/writer will want to have a second (technically third) divorce in the series . . . as the title implies, it is a celebration of Love, not Divorce . . . ^_^

Edit

KHD just keeps creating greater rifts between him and KJM.

Firstly KJM has been angry with him for leaving the family, the past 10 years. Things didn't improve when he suddenly butted into KJM's business and made matters worse, ending up with KJM having to give up legal rights to her 'baby' project. KJM has yet to find out about the 'secret liaison' between her parents, which is going to lead to more heartache for OJH. I am guessing that in the coming episodes after this weekend's, there will be confrontational moments between KJM and KHD, especially with this last blow to OJH. Just wondering if the discovery of KHD-BDW connection will only get played out closer to Ep 30+ . . .

I'm just curious. There's one song that feels so familiar, the voice I mean. Is Sung Shi Kyung singing one of the theme song? If yes, what is the title. Thanks before. ;)

It's not in the official OST . . . *tracing my old posting for the link*

CLICK HERE (for Hangul & Romanised Lyrics + Translation of SSK's "Since That Day")

I am waiting for the one they always play in the previews 2 b released it sounds good

I presume you are referring to the song that's been played towards the climatic end of each episode the past 2 weeks . . I have been curious about that too . . the song with a male raspy voice (when I first heard it, somehow Kan Jong Wook 간종욱 comes to mind) . . . wonder if that is going to be in OST Part 4 5 . . . still can't find any mention of it anywhere.

Original Version

Going [가나요]

Lee Yoon Jong [이윤종]

(Wonderful Life OST)

Romanised Lyrics & Translation

Same song/lyrics but changed title . . .

2011-09-22 HFL OST Part 4

Dana 다나 & Sunday 선데이 (The Grace 천상지희) ~ Love is Elsewhere/Now You 지금 그대

hflost4.jpg

Dana acted as Dam-Bi, the one who was sent home in a cab

(official release on 23 September 2011)

Links ~ Track / DLs

Lyrics

(Credit : kreah-craze.com)

가나요

이윤종

눈물은 참아야겠죠 그대도 힘들 테니까

웃으면서 보내줘야 하는데

내겐 어려운 일이죠

그대를 바라보며

입가에 작은 미소만 지어 주면 되는데

나빠요 그대라는 사람

어쩌면 그렇게 환하게 웃고 있나요

아파요 가슴이 너무 아파 와서

작은 숨조차 쉴 수 없네요

가지마요 가지마요 차마 못한 말

눈물로 흐르고 있잖아요

아무렇지 않은가요 정말 괜찮은 건가요

우리 앞에 가까워진 이별은

내게만 아픔인가요

믿을 수가 없네요

편한 그대 모습 거짓말 같은 우리의 이별

나빠요 그대라는 사람

어쩌면 그렇게 환하게 웃고 있나요

아파요 가슴이 너무 아파 와서

작은 숨조차 쉴 수 없네요

가나요 이렇게 보내야 하나요

가슴이 아파 말을 못해도

가지마요 가지마요 차마 못한 말

눈물로 흐르고 있잖아요

눈물로 흐르고 있잖아요

Romanisation

Ganayo

Lee Yoon Jong

nunmurun chamayagetjyo kudaedo himdul tenikka

usumyonso ponaejwoya hanunte

naegen oryo-un irijyo

kudaerul parabomyo

ibkaye chagun misoman chio chumyon dwenunte

nappayo kudaeranun saram

ochomyon kurohke hwa-nhage utgo innayo

apayo kasumi nomu apa waso

chagun sumchocha shwil su omneyo

kajimayo kajimayo chama mothan mal

nunmullo hureuko itcha-nha-yo

amurohchi a-nhunkayo chongmal gwaenchanhun gonkayo

uri ape kakkawochin ipyorun

naekeman apumikayo

midul suka omneyo

pyo-nhan kudae mosub kojinmal gatun uriye ibyol

nappayo kudaeranun saram

ochomyon kurohke hwa-nhage utgo innayo

apayo kasumi nomu apa waso

chagun sumchocha shwil su omneyo

kanayo irohke ponaeya hanayo

kasumi apa marul mo-thaedo

kajimayo kajimayo chama mothan mal

Translation

Going

Yiyunjong

We should take it too hard you'll tear

Should have sent with a smile

Happened to me difficult

Looking at you

Give a little smile, which was built at the mouth.

Damn you people that you

Maybe I smiles Do

It hurts my heart hurts so bad to come

There's little to relax anymore.

Do not go Do not go there's something Chama

You know with tears flowing

Is it cool, you sure you're OK

I must break in front of us closer

Is the pain naegeman

I can not believe this!

Our farewell as you lie relaxed look

Damn you people that you

Maybe I smiles Do

It hurts my heart hurts so bad to come

There's little to relax anymore.

Going so can I send my

It hurts my heart without having to say

Do not go Do not go there's something Chama

I was just listening to it such a beautiful song it is borrowed though from princes first love OST here a nice MV for HFL with this song I should be doing one myself but I am waiting for more episodes

I am waiting for the one they always play in the previews 2 b released it sounds good

Preview of Ep 21 - Printed Text

[애정만만세] 21회

정희의 가게를 찾는 주리. 정희에게 몰래 형도를 만나고 있냐고 아직도 사랑하냐고

단도직입적으로 묻는다.

형도가 바람피는지를 의심해 미행하는 크리스탈. 크리스탈이 기다리는 가운데 정희

는 형도를 만나기 위해 레스토랑으로 들어가는데...

- MBC

Ep 21 ~ September 24

Juri's shop to find jeonghui. Have you still sneak jeonghui asked me to meet my brother asked you straight off the bat.

Doubted whether the affair that followed my brother Crystal. Jeonghui of the crystal is waiting to meet my brother go to a restaurant, but ...

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

2011-09-24 Behind the Scenes (E21)

from Korean Media News

201109240853501001_1.jpg

I just finished watching episode 7 with subs and the thought occurred to me that SP baby might not be DW but JR. There was a reference made to JM being 26 and I assume that BW is around the same age. CP said she gave her baby away 30 years ago. In this episode JR states that she is 7 years older than DW Which would make her 33. Also at seven she would be old enough to remember if her mother was pregnant or just came home with a baby one day.

I think that's why she is so spoiled, I know both of them are but DW also made a career for himself, even if he didn't use it . It's not an easy thing to pass the bar examine. Also if CP kept the baby SP would know that, she spends almost no time with DW even if he is busy she would try to seek him out but she does do things with JR.

Why do drama's have always have a birth secret? Since this will be at least 50 episode it will be quite a while before that gem get's reveal, but I wonder if the writer will let the audience know anytime soon.

IBELIS

I have yet to watch the Eng-subbed eps but if memory serves me well, I recall JM getting married to HJS when she was 26, that's why the recent birthday cake had 29 candles. I was always under the impression that BJR is 36 . . . can't remember if it was based on the profile or specifically mentioned in one of the episodes.

Just wanted to clarify . . . was it specifically mentioned that CP or SP(?) gave away a child 30 years ago . . . so far I only remember SP's mention of making a mistake 30 years ago and that statement about "who is she to have an opinion about other people's children" or something equivalent to that. Let me know which episode if it was mentioned - about a child being given away . . (TIA)

About JR not noticing whether her mom was ever pregnant or not at 6 or 7, let's assume she was too stupid (based on past evidence of her IQ level, kekeke) and too busy playing with dolls or playing with makeup/dress-up etc to notice. The interesting thing though is her daughter is certainly smarter than she is . . . hahaha

In BDW's case, maybe he has the intelligence (passing the law exams) but just plain lazy (easy reliance to mom's fortune) . . is he working smart in this case . . hahaha . . . but he is able to get things done, once he sets his mind to the task(s) . . .

Could it be that BJR is "more" of a family member that SP tends to spend more time with BJR, but don't forget BJR is great at buttering up her aunt too . . .

prisma

Writer/PD is intentionally dropping dis-connected new hints every week, as such there are so many possible scenarios without the missing pieces to link those hints released so far . . . great strategy . . it certainly does pique our interest and gets us excited.

01.jpg

Writer Park Hyun Joo 박현주

List of Works

DramaWiki List

Hooray for Love (MBC, 2011)

092237_VCHAR68.jpg

Enjoy Life (MBC, 2009)

103056_VCHAR5.jpg

My Precious Child (KBS2, 2008)

161332_VCHAR5.jpg

Golden Bride (SBS, 2007)

171527.jpg