[Drama 2011] Hooray For Love 애정만만세

Guest conduongmuathu

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratings for Ep 15

TNS – 12.6% (#9 Nationwide) / 15.2% (#6 Seoul)

AGB – 14.4% (#7 Nationwide) / 15.6% (#7 Seoul)

Ratings for Ep 16

TNS – 12.1% (#9 Nationwide) / 15.5% (#8 Seoul)

AGB – 14.7% (#8 Nationwide) / 16.2% (#8 Seoul)

AGB Top 20 progs/shows Weekly Ranking

2011-08-29 to 2011-09-04

HFL - 14.6% (#14 Nationwide) / 15.9% (#15 Seoul)

Guest joseyusa

I didn't expect BDW kiss KJM so intense like that, lol... Maybe, BDW was waiting for this moment since the other one before was totally failed ^_^

OMG that was a real kiss I expected the usual chaste thing but even this did not help the ratings man I am so pissed off if the higher shows were really good I wouldnt mind but they are not its just tough luck we are competing in the toughest time slot the other 2 dramas have more than 40% of the audience so not much is left for HFL hope they get better

concerning JMs outfits actually its intended that she dresses like that cause her style will change with her charcter she still thinks she is a cute ajumma and nothing more she doesnt care much about her looks now but yes that colorful tank outfit today was a bit off but she is so cute she can pull off anything

there was alot of HS action today I am not sure what is going on but she must have done something pretty bad DWs aunt was obviously looking for her when they met she said something that indicates they were pretty close actually she said something eomeoni I did not hear well that could only mean that she was married to the son !!!

..that indicates they were pretty close actually she said something eomeoni I did not hear well that could only mean that she was married to the son !!!

FYI, CHS was on the phone with JuRi (at the clinic) and she called her "Unnie" before she turned around and saw Sunny.

BTW, one need not necessarily call "father" or "mother" after marriage, as long as they feel the closeness in the relationship, they start using those terms of address, even for same gender friends (as in childhood friends etc)

It doesn't look like CHS was ever married to Sunny Park's son (Sang Min). CHS and Sung Min attended the same university in Australia. However, their close relationship faced family objections.

(I am guessing) After CHS 'left', Sung Min must have been giving Sunny a hard time. I guess that's why Sunny seems so regretful and is so earnest in finding CHS ~ in order to make her son happy again

EDIT

Ep 15 - Sunny explained that Sang Min & CHS were deeply in love. Sang Min's father strongly objected to his relationship with CHS solely because she is an orphan and only taken care of by her brother. Based on what Sunny mentioned to Crystal and her brother-in-law, she feels she has no say in the situation bcos 30 years ago, she too did something wrong (not revealed yet . . . more spoilers/speculations to come). (from the way she mentions Sang Min, I am guessing that Sang Min is not her son.) However, I think she does sympathise with CHS bcos of her family circumstances. That's partly the reason why she wants to find CHS, to talk to her and find things out for herself bcos Sang Min does not seem to have gotten over the break-up.

Based on the hint about the wrong she did 30 years ago, there are speculation about the 'other' 30 year old in the story . . . our BDW??? (if so, 'technically', there shouldn't be any problem for the BDW-KJM relationship . . .right???)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally found the English version of the initial Character Descriptions.

Note that some of the provided background info has since been tweaked and some of the "fact" may differ from what is being broadcasted . . .

conduongmuathu

Hope you can update the necessary info in the first posting of this thread. TIA . .

Source : MBC Global

Synopsis

After six years of marriage... Jae-mi was tricked by her husband into signing divorce papers. This drama is a story of her comeback after rebounding from a divorce! Jae-mi is a perfectionist or at least tries to be one. After her father whom she was very close with had an affair, which resulted in a divorce that shattered the family, she became wary of smart men. So she married Jung-soo who was not so bright. With her strong support, Jung-soo was able to make his restaurant business a success and he couldn’t have done it without Jae-mi. As their financial situation improves, her husband buys her three round-trip plane tickets to a tropical island as a wedding anniversary gift and tells her to have fun with her mom and aunt. Jae-mi had no idea that the trip was part of a plan by her husband to break up their marriage...

Kang Jae-mi / Actress Lee Bo-young

She tries to be a perfectionist and believes she’s as smart as hell but she’s far from being the sharpest tool in the shed. Ten years ago her dad, whom she admired so much, had an affair and divorced her mother. The betrayal of her father had a profound effect on her relationships with men. So she ends up marrying Han Jung-soo who isn’t a great match for her. But with her help, their porridge restaurant becomes a big success. After delaying having a child due to their restaurant business, she finally decides the time is right to conceive a child. In the sixth year of their marriage, Jae-mi goes to a fertility clinic with her husband so that she can take a fertility test. Her husband surprises her with three plane tickets for her, her mother and aunt as a wedding anniversary present... She wasn’t aware that the trip to the tropical island was part of her husband’s plan to divorce her.

Byun Dong-woo / Actor Lee Tae-sung

He is a Casanova who welcomes all women and makes sure that all the women he breaks up will continue liking him. He has chiseled looks and his family has money. He’s athletic and an accomplished pianist. With his good looks, he is committed to living as a bachelor while living off of his allowance that he gets from his mother who runs a successful hairdressing business. Enjoying a carefree life, he goes on a trip to a tropical island with his mother where he meets a woman who is quite a handful. Her name is Kang Jae-mi. Upon returning to Seoul, he encounters her again by coincidence...

Oh Jung-hee / Actress Bae Jong-ok

After divorcing her husband who had an affair, she supports her daughter Jae-mi by getting a job. She is not happy that her daughter Jae-mi married Jung-soo who is not that bright. But their marriage turns out alright as Jae-mi makes the couple’s restaurant business a success. Thinking she has nothing to worry about her daughter’s marriage, she goes on a trip with Jae-mi that was paid for by Jae-mi’s husband. But her trip is spoiled when she meets her ex-husband Hyung-do there...

Kang Hyung-do / Actor Cheon Ho-jin

He was a good father, husband and provider. He also had a solid reputation as an esteemed surgeon but he gave that all up when he had an affair with Joo-li. When his wife divorces him, his life spirals out of control. Living with Joo-li is miserable as she is a shopaholic who rings up massive credit card bills every month. She hardly does the housework so he finds himself doing the dishes all the time. He even aged quicker and looks 10 years older than his actual age because of Joo-li. But a ray of hope appears in his life when he meets his ex-wife Jung-hee again...

Han Jung-soo / Actor – Jin Lee-han

Han Jung-soo is not a good man nor is he smart and capable. But he married someone smarter than himself and his wife helps him become a successful restaurant owner. But instead of staying faithful to his wife, he finds her overbearing as she relentlessly tries to be perfect in every way... As his dissatisfaction with his marriage increases, he finds himself attracted to Chae Hee-soo and soon she gets pregnant with his child. The news of her pregnancy makes him determined to divorce his wife. But he doesn’t want to hurt Jae-mi by demanding a divorce up front since he knows about her dad’s betrayal and her vow to never get divorced like her mother. So he comes up with a plan...

Byun Joo-li / Actress – Byun Jung-soo

Thanks to having a mother who owns a beauty salon, she entered many beauty contests where she won a Photogenic Award once. This helped her nab a job as a correspondent to a TV show. Due to her lack of talent, she doesn’t get much work in show business though. However, she believes she’s an A-list celebrity when she’s not. She relies on her mother to pay her credit card bills...

Oh Jung-shim / Actress – Yoon Hyun-sook

Jae-mi’s aunt and Jung-hee’s younger sister. She has no job or money. She is a silly person who is quick to burst into tears over minor matters. She married young while in college but after seven years of marriage, she could not conceive a child, which her mother-in-law found to be unacceptable. Her husband’s family finally forced him to divorce her because she couldn’t bear children. Now she’s back in the marriage market. She’s not a good judge of men and ends up being swindled out of her money by some of her dates. But she doesn’t stop hoping of having a child of her own one day.

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

Hooray For Love Episode 15 and 16  English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out

hoorayForLove.jpg

Hooray For Love 1-16 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

@ tiki_sg hhhh thats an interesting one but its too early to talk about that we have a long way to go

BTW DW is 30 no kidding r u sure ? I thought this was a noona relationship he is too boyish to be 30 I know the original actor was older but I thought the writer changed the script when LTS was cast besides the way he says ajumma makes you think he is talking to an older woman

defaa2556e96103f1429a68.jpg

I was wondering what the 2 were talking about before the stormy kiss it seems that normally JM did not beileve him when he said he loved her in the office she said she thinks he is feeling sorry for her and she doesnt need his cheap sympathy then when he followed her to the parking he told her that he is not sure if sympathy and love were the same thing but he was thinking about her all the time wondering if ajumma is well and worrying about her and he thinks this is love

when she kept rejecting him he changed tactics lol he said something like you are not being honest with youself when you are call me then

when they met next in the rain I guess they were repeating the same stuff untill he lost it and said give me your answer tonight before 12 ( not sure though) it feels like I am begging ajumma for an answer and then he was really angry

poor JM ran to the office hoping she can catch him before 12 and when she said something like you might feel attracted to me but its not the case ( not quiet sure ) and then you know what happened

this girl really needs more self esteem and my this boy is fast and bold he conquered her using cave man style lol now I am not so happy with her easy surrender though I want her to fight him a little but I guess that kiss finished her poor thing

Guest marinai

@Tango27, It was reavealed earlier if the translations are good that BDW is 29. He is one year younger than ahjumma (or the same age), and I think he calls her ahjumma because she got married once!

Now that they are in a relationship I'm really curious to know how he will call her! Can't wait to watch the next episodes! The kiss was amazing and they have so much chemistry! I love them already!

Kang JM is smiling again and I hope she will listen to her mom and NEVER EVER let her new love go! But it's a drama and they will sure have some angst!

EDIT: Before the kiss with my limited korean skills I understood that she said that she lied (when she said she feels nothin' and her heart will never change) and she was attracted to him, it was more like some confession and that's what gave him the confidence to kiss her!

She said the fact she's a divorcee and him a playboy do not give her confidence (if they start a relationship) and the last but not the leas she pointed out the fact that Crystal won't be happy to know her real situation! hu hu girl ( I might be wrong ^^)

Preview of Ep 17 - Printed Text

[애정만만세] 17회

희수가 자신이 찾고있던 아이임을 알게 되는 써니.

써니는 희수의 집을 찾아가 예전에 막대했던 것에 용서를 구하며,

희수가 임신한 아이가 정수의 아이가 맞는지 묻는다.

감기에 걸린 재미.

동우는 재미를 마사지방에 데려가 푹 쉬게 하고,

그녀가 해야할 일들을 다른 친구한테 부탁해서 해결하는데..

- MBC

Ep 17

Huisu were looking for their children to know that Sonny.

Sonny's house to visit the old bar was huisu things, seek forgiveness,

Huisu pregnant child meets the child asks for an integer.

Fun colds.

Martha glaze for a fun holiday ... take her to the province, and

She was asking him about another friend as to what needs to solve.

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preview of Ep 18 - Printed Text

[애정만만세] 18회

희수가 임신한 아이가 정수의 아이가 아닐수도 있음을 알게되는 동우.

재미는 동우와 불임검사를 한 병원에 찾아가 정수와 재미의 불임검사 결과를 확인한다.

패션쇼 무대에 오르게 된 정희.

형도는 정희를 만나기 위해 패션쇼를 찾아가고,

주리는 형도가 자신에게 거짓말을 한채 어디론가 가는 것을 목격하는데..

- MBC

Ep 18

Huisu pregnant child of an integer that is a child learns that maybe no glaze.

Sterility tests of the glaze and fun to visit a hospital for constant and fun to see the results of fertility tests.

Jeonghui was mounted on the catwalk.

You used to go after the fashion show to meet jeonghui,

Juri is a brother to lie to ourselves for a witness to go somewhere.

- Google Translator (for Korean Text)

tiki those translations as usual make no sense, but I did catch something about fertility test, and I was just thinking the clinic never contacted JM about the results but I think that they will show that JS is sterile and that he can't be the father of HS baby. Also if SP tell her that she and SM can be together she will be off in a flash. Most likely the marraige has not been registered which means I think that after a certain amount of days the marriage is not legal.

OFF-TOPIC

tiki those translations as usual make no sense

Dear IBELIS

Thank you for your feedback. However, my purpose of posting the early released Korean text previews (from other sources) is that hopefully happy22qt (happy2qt) will be able to catch it and in turn translate it at her site. The badly translated GTrans version is only (hopefully) a temporary stand-in. I don't visit happy22qt's site very often after I found it for Ep 3 preview (I think) but I think Tango27 might be tracking the site and then she in turn can post the English translated version. Due to time constraint I don't have time to search all over the place . . .

Patience is virtue and we can only post what we are able to find. To me, something is better than nothing at all.

Guest happy2qt

OFF-TOPIC

Dear IBELIS

Thank you for your feedback. However, my purpose of posting the early released Korean text previews (from other sources) is that hopefully happy22qt (happy2qt) will be able to catch it and in turn translate it at her site. The badly translated GTrans version is only (hopefully) a temporary stand-in. I don't visit happy22qt's site very often after I found it for Ep 3 preview (I think) but I think Tango27 might be tracking the site and then she in turn can post the English translated version. Due to time constraint I don't have time to search all over the place . . .

Patience is virtue and we can only post what we are able to find. To me, something is better than nothing at all.

Hi tiki_sg! It's happy22qt, where did you get the text previews? 'Coz I checked MBC a few minutes ago and it's not yet posted there. You were also the first one who posted the text previews ahead of MBC last week. Amazing!

Preview of Episode 17 - Printed Text

희수가 자신이 찾고있던 아이임을 알게 되는 써니.

써니는 희수의 집을 찾아가 예전에 막대했던 것에 용서를 구하며,

희수가 임신한 아이가 정수의 아이가 맞는지 묻는다.

감기에 걸린 재미.

동우는 재미를 마사지방에 데려가 푹 쉬게 하고,

그녀가 해야할 일들을 다른 친구한테 부탁해서 해결하는데..

- MBC

English translation:

Hee Joo learns that Sunny is looking for her own child. Sunny who came to visit Hee Joo's house before, asks for forgiveness. Hee Joo who is pregnant meets Jung Soo and tells him she has the baby he was asking for.

Jae Mi is down with a flu. So Dong Woo brings Jae Mi to the province/vacation to rest thoroughly. She was asking him what she ought to do to his other friend, Martha (?), and how he is going to resolve it...

Preview of Ep 18 - Printed Text

희수가 임신한 아이가 정수의 아이가 아닐수도 있음을 알게되는 동우.

재미는 동우와 불임검사를 한 병원에 찾아가 정수와 재미의 불임검사 결과를 확인한다.

패션쇼 무대에 오르게 된 정희.

형도는 정희를 만나기 위해 패션쇼를 찾아가고,

주리는 형도가 자신에게 거짓말을 한채 어디론가 가는 것을 목격하는데..

- MBC

English translation:

Dong Woo learns that Hee Joo is pregnant and suspects that Jung Soo may not be the father of the baby. Dong Woo and Jae Mi goes to the hospital to see Jae Mi and Jung Soo's fertility test results.

Jung Hee joins a fashion show, in order to meet Jung Hee, Hyung Do goes to the fashion show. Joo Ri who knew Hyung Do have been lying to her for a long time drove there to witness it.

Hi tiki_sg! It's happy22qt, where did you get the text previews? 'Coz I checked MBC a few minutes ago and it's not yet posted there. Amazing!

I get them from fan-sites. Based on past weeks' records, when MBC finally releases the text, which is like towards the weekends, it is more or less quite accurate.

EDIT

Thanks happy2qt, for posting the translated previews in here . .

Viki will release the soft-subs soon until the english subs is 100% completed. Right now, we just reach 90% for episode 1 and 2.

Joseyusa

Hope you can enlighten us with the situation (well, at least for me)

HFL Viki E-subs has Ep 1-7 at 100% completed, however it is still non-viewable & neither are the soft-subs released. However, I notice that "A Thousand Kisses" (which has currently aired Eps 1-6) has released their soft-subs for Eps 1 & 2, although they are only about 98% completed.

Guest marinai

Thank you for the previews, this drama is very well paced, I really like this fact!

HJS will taste his own medecine and will surely feel the taste of betrayal!! What HS did to him is terrible, she's a real pinkberry !

But what he did to JM is also a terrible thing and I hope he will reflect more on his actions and about what he lost ( a caring and devoted wife) ! Time of regrets will come faster than I expected!

But I hope he will properly apologize to JM (of course I don't want hom to get back with her...She's perfectwith our playboy!)

@Prisma! Smile you is one of my fave drama ever! The chemistry between the actors was one of the best ever too! Glad to see a fellow Smile you lover!

Archived